• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Under "Completions" it says 32, but that's obviously not right.

EDIT: Added up each "Completions" for the individual strikes and it added up to less than 150, which I think is incorrect as well..

Hmm yeah stats are definitely not always reliable, hard to say. Mine says 207, dunno about the individual cards.

Glimmer farming and going to the tower to buy the 250 glimmer helms was the quickest way I've found to get a good dose of class mats

Yup. Bonus Pro Tip: equip green armor you find and it will level up the XP pretty quickly, then dismantle it for double class mats.

Nuszka

Tuesday is gonna be weird for sure.

I'll probably just do Nightfall and Weekly and just wait for the patch to drop before raiding. It's not like I need the exotic chest now.

What i f you get the raid done before patch? Get the first chest. Will you get additional loot drop from deathsinger post patch? It is just a theory but only completing deathsinger once , grabbing the checkpoint for crota with alts and starting next 2 runs from crota , going fresh, then stopping and not completing deathsinger, post patch starting from that checkpoint. Wonder how it will work out. Me and my group will try that out see what comes of it.

What i f you get the raid done before patch? Get the first chest. Will you get additional loot drop from deathsinger post patch? It is just a theory but only completing deathsinger once , grabbing the checkpoint for crota with alts and starting next 2 runs from crota , going fresh, then stopping and not completing deathsinger, post patch starting from that checkpoint. Wonder how it will work out. Me and my group will try that out see what comes of it.

Don't need to do DS once if you are starting at the reset. Just keep the Crota CP now and stay logged in over reset, have someone else log in after reset and join that person at Crota, have the first guy sign out and back in, then go from there.

Nuszka

Don't need to do DS once if you are starting at the reset. Just keep the Crota CP now and stay logged in over reset, have someone else log in after reset and join that person at Crota, have the first guy sign out and back in, then go from there.

Cool did not know that as we always started fresh after reset , thanks mate

nowai

Welp, all that hard work leveling up Eris to level 3 for the Middaye shader and it looks fucking terrible. For the effort it requires to level up Eris, you'd think Bungie would make sure all the rewards are worthwhile. Who wanted a lime green shader?

It works with the Armamentarium and Radiant Dance Machines, but that's about it.

Also, don't forget you can preview shaders now before spend a few grand.

ocean

Banned
Thanks for the run guys! Durham, you're still MVP. What in the world did you do during the first phase? There were no Thralls anywhere until the end, it was just a walk in the (dark as fuck) park! Never ran like that before.

Bad part: got repeat fusion rifle instead of Black Hammer (some day, some day...).
Good part: Walked in with blue 18 Light gauntlets, walked out with Raid gauntlets. Now I'm level 31 on all three classes!

Next reset will be the first where I can comfortably run 3x Nightfall/VoG/CE. Gjallarhorn, I will own you soon.

After finally using Thorn and The Last Word firsthand, it makes me want Hawkmoon even more :/

Going for ROCs for the next hour and a half, any takers? PSN is noomi85

Im just making my breakfast let me know if you still need another soon. psn is KINGofCRA5H-

Thanks for the run guys! Durham, you're still MVP. What in the world did you do during the first phase? There were no Thralls anywhere until the end, it was just a walk in the (dark as fuck) park! Never ran like that before.

Bad part: got repeat fusion rifle instead of Black Hammer (some day, some day...).
Good part: Walked in with blue 18 Light gauntlets, walked out with Raid gauntlets. Now I'm level 31 on all three classes!

Next reset will be the first where I can comfortably run 3x Nightfall/VoG/CE. Gjallarhorn, I will own you soon.

Hehe the plan was to jump ahead and activate the bridge, but I got swarmed and fell :p

Cruxist

Alright raid GAF, my regular team is thinking about gunning for Flawless Crota tomorrow before the patch. Any advice? I'm thinking about rocking Helm of Saint-14 for Thralls and then switching over to Ruin Wings for the rest of the raid.

Anything else I should think about?

ocean

Banned
Hehe the plan was to jump ahead and activate the bridge, but I got swarmed and fell :p
Your (perhaps) unintended effect was aggroing the entire section. There were zero Thralls until we got close to you, it was crazy! Really good way to make that section go quick.

It's probably the first time I dona Raid with zero wipes :p smooth doesn't begin to describe that run. Props to the team :)

Bogeypop

Seems VoD during that Hawkmoon Strike got corrupted, so I can't highlight it :(

EDIT: I just realized it was my 77th day streaming on the 7th day so that might have something to do with my Hawkmoon luck.

After finally using Thorn and The Last Word firsthand, it makes me want Hawkmoon even more :/

Im just making my breakfast let me know if you still need another soon. psn is KINGofCRA5H-

I think noomi's full, want to make a second Roc Strike group with me instead?

noomi

Alright roc group is full, sorry to all others that wanted to join up. I got about 10 messages and requests right after posting lol.

Alright roc group is full, sorry to all others that wanted to join up. I got about 10 messages and requests right after posting lol.

So much Roc action, I think that HMoon drop was inspirational. Sounds like it's a good thing I switched onto the Crucibulldozer... good luck, hope you guys get lucky.

Bungie is obviously understaffed on the development side, otherwise much of what we want changed in the game would happen.

My view - let Bungie focus on things that matter, rather than having to come up with this high AI based matchmaking system that somehow magically guarantees you good raid matched players.

Even if they could figure out how to do that, the system probably wouldn't satisfy anyone and most people wouldn't use it or they'd get frustrated with it. Bad players are bad players, and if they get matched up with ANYone, the wipes will be plenty and frustration will be high. So it's wasted development time anyways.

We've already solved how to get into raids with decent counterparts. The solution is in place, right now. It's manual labor but it is the best way to have the best chance at getting a good team with the right experience and right mindset.

Larger vaults and a hundred other things before matchmaking for raids, please Bungie.

Fair enough. It does seem like everyone is constantly lowering their expectations w.r.t Bungie. I don't think that manual matchmaking is the best solution, agree to disagree. And while I think here should be raid matchmaking, but I wouldn't expect it until Destiny 2, if ever.

Yes, you really do. I have tried to use other guns, but I just can't.

Hawkymoons plus Knucklehead Radar just feels like cheating...and I love every minute of it.

I use to only use Knucklehead also but I stopped for Alpha Lupi. More orbs and I like the look better especially since the raid helmet looks awesome this time around.

ocean

Banned
Do you guys think private matches will ever happen? They could remove bounties/XP gains to stop people from gaming the system if they're so inclined I suppose but it'd be really fun.

Top Bottom