• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Ran a whole bunch of roc Strikes this morning in hopes of getting lucky. On the last strike I was going to do, a legendary engram drops from a dreg. I rush over to hen it and it's a heavy weppon.
Could not kill that prist fast enough. Went back to the tower, hesitated for a moment and decoded it.

One way ticket.
Why not me rng!

noomi

If I read the patch notes right, should we expect the first chest to still drop whatever it dropped before (random exotics) and then have a second crack at that since the drop moves (if the patch drops later in the day)?

That would be kind of cool. Get up early on Tuesday, get the chests for each character, then have that same chance again at death singer.

That's what I'm hoping, the chests have our hawkmoons in it!

Going to be up at reset for chests for sure.

Namikaze1

Next Nightfall is Winter's Run with all burns or just Arc. Judging by the Nightfall rotation pic, it's looking like it will be Arc.

If I read the patch notes right, should we expect the first chest to still drop whatever it dropped before (random exotics) and then have a second crack at that since the drop moves (if the patch drops later in the day)?

That would be kind of cool. Get up early on Tuesday, get the chests for each character, then have that same chance again at death singer.
That's the thing, we don't know if that'll work. Bungie hasn't mentioned anything other than the patch notes.

Deku Tree

From my understanding it is until the 18th, so 1 more week

Lol is it easier farming glimmer for heavy or just saving up strange coins. You are dedicated to the grind my friend

I am really farming the EXP on my baby titan. I get like 5 bubbles an hour. That is the fastest way I know to farm EXP. The heavy is just a bonus, it's the only thing I want to spend gimmer on... Xur heavy synth is cheaper by a lot I think The Axiomatic beads are also a bonus.

Anyone running VoG HM or CE on PS4?

darth-vader-join-me-and-we-will-rule.jpg

Join me

btkadams

They wanted to make the Vex a little OP, which seems fair as it was a low-probability reward from the game's hardest challenge. The unintended result was making it ridiculous for PvP.

Solution? Reduce base impact rating but increase attack stat. That way it's really powerful in PVE without breaking PvP. It's a logical solution and one that would make sense for the "new Vex". With Bungie you never really know - I don't think anyone can come up with a good explanation about why the Vex is currently capped at 324 (less than literally every other Exotic and Legendary in the game).
Did you still need to do crota raid? We are running it again.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I don't know man feels about the right time to pimp dat DLC.

I think DLC comes in after every 3 weeks, we just had Omnigul before SpongeValus

I think the pie chart has to get update, I was guessing it might come every 6 weeks, Bungie made it 3 weeks it looks like
So DLC NF/Weekly, 2 Weeks Vanilla, repeat
HoW comes and takes over the NF/Weekly every 3 weeks, and Omnigul gets slotted into the 6 week rotation

Feorax

Arc burn is fine by me. Managed to get the Praedyths Timepiece from Hard VoG this week, so I'll probably rock that with Ir Yut and Patience and Time.

I edited!
The reason Vex Mytho jumps to 323 is cause with us being 32 it matches up still
Great till CE HM enters into the mix, then it need to be pegged down just a little so a new weapon like Nechrochasm is sought after
I've seen you an Orthogonal saying this but it's not true. It doesn't work like the level handicaps. 331 weapons still do more damage to level 22+ enemies. A 331 Icebreaker does ~10% more damage to level 30 Atheon than a 300. Just google it and you'll find a ton of reddit posts that back this up.

noomi

GET A HAWKMOON FROM A ROC STRIKE SUDDENLY ENTIRE GAF TEAM HAS TO GO FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON
Also PS4 screenshot upload fucked up at the most important time

Oh man! Grats dude! I knew those strikes would pay off haha! Same reason I'm running all those ROCs

Haybro

GET A HAWKMOON FROM A ROC STRIKE SUDDENLY ENTIRE GAF TEAM HAS TO GO FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON
Also PS4 screenshot upload fucked up at the most important time
Haha, congrats. I didn't even see that pop-up. I might be on later today. Always down for some ROC train.

Any tips for Urzok guys? There's just been about 4 of us trying to bring him down :/

His shields regen constantly. I think arc takes those shields down really quick. I did it the other day with just one other person helping. Plan C killed those shields in just a few shots. As soon as his shields pop everyone needs to do as much damage as possible, he doesn't have much health. Just can't let the shields regen.

The solution is in place, right now. It's manual labor but it is the best way to have the best chance at getting a good team with the right experience and right mindset

Yeah, this has become my opinion as well, after previously feeling like optional MM wouldn't hurt. People that care enough to do well in the high end content will care enough to put in the effort of finding teams. I was still a Jr. Member here before I got involved with these OTs and now I have more than 2,300 posts.

The flip side is that having reliable people to raid with has really hurt my patience with dealing with n00bs. I still enjoy helping people with good attitudes but the type of people who show up to Crota with blue weapons are often the type of people who don't care enough about others to be considerate. People who can't bother using a mic or even listening to voice comms and keep wiping the team and wasting everyone's time, etc.

Bogeypop

How many strike completions on your grimoire card? I've got no exotics from Rocing but that was never a focus for me. Saint helm is the only exotic I even care about at this point.

No clue how to check that. Even before I hit lvl 30 I was doing Tiger Strikes a lot until I was leveled enough to start doing Raids.

No clue how to even check that. Even before I hit lvl 30 I was doing Tiger Strikes a lot before I was leveled enough to start doing Raids, and before I started to become really active in DestinyGAF.

Bungie.net --> Grimoire --> Activities --> Strikes --> Strikes Introduction card

Flip it over, has total # of strike completions listed. Can do the same with raids, public events, etc.

Bogeypop

Bungie.net --> Grimoire --> Activities --> Strikes --> Strikes Introduction card

Flip it over, has total # of strike completions listed. Can do the same with raids, public events, etc.

Under "Completions" it says 32, but that's obviously not right.

EDIT: Added up each "Completions" for the individual strikes and it totaled to less than 150, which I think is incorrect as well.

First Exotic was a MIDA, second was a Plan C, third was another MIDA, and this fourth one was the Hawkmoon.

Top Bottom