• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

cilonen

Does anyone have a Gorgon checkpoint they can spot me?

Also, the game now owes me one new dualshock 4. I broke the trigger of one of mine :-/

Jinjo

Seems VoD during that Hawkmoon Strike got corrupted, so I can't highlight it :(

EDIT: I just realized it was my 77th day streaming on the 7th day so that might have something to do with my Hawkmoon luck.

I think noomi's full, want to make a second Roc Strike group with me instead?

I'm still looking for a roc train too. JinjoNL is my psn.

raindoc

Does anyone have a Gorgon checkpoint they can spot me?

Also, the game now owes me one new dualshock 4. I broke the trigger of one of mine :-/

seems like the DS3 was more robust. right trigger of an almost new DS4 gave up after only a couple of weeks playing destiny (with hand cannons mostly) and I think I'm already feeling the fatigue on the second one (or the replacement, can't be sure).

purg3

slept with Malkin
So I got TFWPKY from a Cryptarch package. Has Rangefinder, Field Scout, and Mulligan. Worth keeping, or shard?

cilonen

seems like the DS3 was more robust. right trigger of an almost new DS4 gave up after only a couple of weeks playing destiny (with hand cannons mostly) and I think I'm already feeling the fatigue on the second one (or the replacement, can't be sure).

Yeah, I took it apart to see if I could fix it, but it's gone. There's a little plastic rod that sits into clips acting as a hinge with a spring on each side. Where that rod protrudes from the trigger body it can shear, effectively only giving you one spring return and that is not strong enough to get the trigger to return properly,

raindoc

XaXVotP.jpg

nowai

So I got TFWPKY from a Cryptarch package. Has Rangefinder, Field Scout, and Mulligan. Worth keeping, or shard?

Mulligan is terrible, but rangefinder and field scout are outstanding.

With rangefinder, it will be almost Hawkmoon stats. Same impact, but default TFWPKY and the Chance have bad range. Your roll will take care if it.

Third Eye or Outlaw would obviously be a better roll, but what you got is still killer.

Namikaze1

Got a Up for Anything with Cascade, High Caliber Rounds, Lightweight, Hammer Forged, and Glass Half Full. If only the impact was better.

Edit: got it from Vanguard package.

Langy

Not done any raids this week yet and quite fancy running VoG, maybe CE afterwards too.

Anybody need anyone or want to get a party started?

PSN is Langoit

I don't know anyone level 32 willing to accompany me in this venture xD.

o.0

Today is the day xO?!?!?!?!
Welp I will be down to help out and I can run the sword. I will be back on later tonight. If you find a group, then go ahead without me.
nap time for me now :p
Just try to get it done before the patch on Tuesday. It will still be easy since you can cheese the bridge but it's not that hard doing it legit honestly

Silly question, if you get a gun that has high impact and low number of bullets in a magazine, and then add scout to it - does the impact get reduced at all? It doesn't look like it on the stats..

Only asking because I have the Devil You Don't with:

Outlaw and Final Round always on
Armor piercing rounds
Snapshot
or Fieldscout.

Is it better to have more shots doing more damage from Field Scout than extra damage from having the Final Round perk hit more often?

Sullichin

Silly question, if you get a gun that has high impact and low number of bullets in a magazine, and then add scout to it - does the impact get reduced at all? It doesn't look like it on the stats..

Armor piercing rounds
Snapshot
or Fieldscout.

Is it better to have more shots doing more damage from Field Scout than extra damage from having the Final Round perk hit more often?
Definitely better to go with field scout. I would love TDYD with Outlaw and Field Scout!

YeSp

Neo Member
I need to kill Xyor, the Unwed for the last step of the Thorn bounty.
Any 2 Gaffers willing to lend me a hand getting it done?

PSN: bodde1972

Hyun Sai

Armor piercing rounds
Snapshot
or Fieldscout.

On Devil you Don't, Field Scout all day. 13 bullets is the only way to make this Hand Gun decent.

Yeah, build quality especially on the launch versions of DS4 is terrible. Destiny has already killed one of mine and I know I'm not alone.

Today is the day xO?!?!?!?!

I'm down to help today, lots of other people have been talking about doing it today, all Lv32s. Just let me know if you get a team together or what time you might be thinking.

raindoc

Armor piercing rounds
Snapshot
or Fieldscout.

no, the impact isn't affected by field scout and 8 additional bullets deal a lot more damage to a lot more enemies than 1 bullet with extra damage. not to mention that you'll have to reload a lot less often.

field scout turns TDYD into TDYK - congrats, you just won the lottery.

Yeah, build quality especially on the launch versions of DS4 is terrible. Destiny has already killed one of mine and I know I'm not alone.

I'm down to help today, lots of other people have been talking about doing it today, all Lv32s. Just let me know if you get a team together or what time you might be thinking.

I'm a 32 Titan, helm of saint 14, looking to do it today or tomorrow night. Can get on any time after the Cowboys game. PSN - Dr_LawyerCop if a group is getting together.

Sounds like a dream team to me (the 32s). Sadly I'm a measly lvl31 lol

Get a group together and do CE today or tomorrow before the cheese is patched. Thats the easiest way to get it done right now.

Ohhhhh Now i get it lol. I'm quite anxious to get this going now xD

Sullichin

My current go-to setup for most PVE is:
Badger CCL w/ firefly
Arc Efrideet's Spear w/ unflinching, field scout
Thunderlord

Now that Xur made the heavy ammo flow and I brought it to 331, Im using Thunderlord a lot. I just destroyed Urzok with it. It shreds strike bosses pretty well too.

Top Bottom