• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Zocano

Releveling all of my exotic weapons is a pain in the ass. I'm not going to bother with it if they do the same thing for House of Wolves. Just stupid that I have to spend so much time reworking everything.

Silly question, if you get a gun that has high impact and low number of bullets in a magazine, and then add scout to it - does the impact get reduced at all? It doesn't look like it on the stats..

Field scout doesn't affect impact. Any perks that change the stats will show either red or green bar changes before you select them.

Sounds like a dream team to me (the 32s). Sadly I'm a measly lvl31 lol

31 is fine, just play extra cautious.

Ein Bear

Hey Destiny-GAF.

After reading a lot of impassioned arguments about the quality of the game over GOTY season, I've been revisiting Destiny again over the past few days to try and give it a fair shake.

I sat down, read a few guides to try and figure out how all the various systems work, and have found myself enjoying the hell out of it. I've maxed out my weekly Vanguard and Crucible marks over the weekend, and managed to get my Hunter to level 25.

I've just got a couple of questions I was hoping you could help me with:

Now that I've hit the cap on Vanguard and Crucible marks, is there anything else I could be doing to 'progress' my character, or do I need to wait for Tuesday?

My primary weapon has both explosive and armour piercing rounds, is there a general consensus on which of these is 'best'? I tried looking up what exactly they both did on the wiki, but it didn't make much sense.

Speaking of my primary weapon, it's a legendary Scout rifle. Should I spend my resources upgrading it's damage, or am I best saving them for an exotic?

Thanks guys! Feel like I'm just starting to 'get' the game a bit. Hoping to hit 26 soon, and then check the Vault of Glass out - would any of you be up for going through it with a useless newbie?

Field scout doesn't affect impact. Any perks that change the stats will show either red or green bar changes before you select them.

31 is fine, just play extra cautious.

You have an details on the others trying to take on this task? Was wondering when it'd be best to run it. I'll be free for the rest of the day in approximately 90 mins.

BokehKing

Banned
Hey Destiny-GAF.

After reading a lot of impassioned arguments about the quality of the game over GOTY season, I've been revisiting Destiny again over the past few days to try and give it a fair shake.

I sat down, read a few guides to try and figure out how all the various systems work, and have found myself enjoying the hell out of it. I've maxed out my weekly Vanguard and Crucible marks over the weekend, and managed to get my Hunter to level 25.

Now that I've hit the cap on Vanguard and Crucible marks, is there anything else I could be doing to 'progress' my character, or do I need to wait for Tuesday?

My primary weapon has both explosive and armour piercing rounds, is there a general consensus on which of these is 'best'? I tried looking up what exactly they both did on the wiki, but it didn't make much sense.

Speaking of my primary weapon, it's a legendary Scout rifle. Should I spend my resources upgrading it's damage, or am I best saving them for an exotic?

Thanks guys! Feel like I'm just starting to 'get' the game a bit. Hoping to hit 26 soon, and then check the Vault of Glass out - would any of you be up for going through it with a useless newbie?
I read a lot, there is one thing I didn't read

Are you playing with randoms or people from here, or maybe people you know

It makes a world of difference enjoyment wise

Thanks for the runs Jinjo! Anyone else want to join up for Roc strikes? We have room for 1 more c:

MrChowderClam on PS4.

Edit: Sorry about not having a mic. Been feeling sick and my voice sounds icky :p

cilonen

Hey Destiny-GAF.

Hello!

Regarding your primary, if you're worried about spending Ascendant Energy, don't fret. Exotics no longer need that, exotics only need the planetary mats then an exotic shard (from Xur) for the last upgrade, so unless you're short on weapon parts or planetary materials, but these can be had fairly easily so if it were me I'd upgrade the legendary.

Exploding rounds will cause the target to detonate taking out (or damaging) anyone standing very close to the target so it's good for confined spaces with lots of enemies. I've not really noticed a benefit to AP rounds.

Jinjo

Lol. Get legendary engram on killing the final flayer. Strike rewards me with another. Both chest engrams though, ugh.

shem935

Banned
Hey Destiny-GAF.

I would go ahead and spend those resources on the scout rifle. Ascendant materials are no longer required to max out exotics, only exotic shards which will come with time. I like to use anything but explosive rounds as I have found it is harder to hit crit shots with them on. Even if I hit an enemy dead on in the head the crit would not register due to the splash caused by the explosion. But that is mainly personal preference on my part, hardly a consensus.

Have you done the weekly yet? Those coins are important every week and building a small stash will help you in the long run.

Every Thursday Hawkian runs a noob friendly VOG walkthrough that I'm sure you will find useful.

I would even be willing to pull you through the first two stages of CE but if you wanted to go into that cheese and spoiler free I understand.

dafuq. If I didn't know any better I'd say this was AGDQ (awesome games done quick) we just finished devil's lair in what seemed like less than 10 minutes

Ein Bear

I read a lot, there is one thing I didn't read

Are you playing with randoms or people from here, or maybe people you know

It makes a world of difference enjoyment wise

I don't have any PSN friends that play the game, so I've just been playing with randoms so far whilst I farmed Vanguard marks. Am hoping to play with you guys as I get into the harder stuff like the Raid though!

Hello!

Regarding your primary, if you're worried about spending Ascendant Energy, don't fret. Exotics no longer need that, exotics only need the planetary mats then an exotic shard (from Xur) for the last upgrade, so unless you're short on weapon parts or planetary materials, but these can be had fairly easily so if it were me I'd upgrade the legendary.

Exploding rounds will cause the target to detonate taking out (or damaging) anyone standing very close to the target so it's good for confined spaces with lots of enemies. I've not really noticed a benefit to AP rounds.

That's great, didn't realise Exotics didn't require Ascendant Energy, will get upgrading then! :)

You have an details on the others trying to take on this task? Was wondering when it'd be best to run it. I'll be free for the rest of the day in approximately 90 mins.

Me, you, Macello, Dr_LawyerCop, silver tongue, Dhruv if he's around... that'd be 6 right there, I know there are a lot of others too. iRawr can help later if he wakes up...

cilonen

It's nice the [old] cheese will end, but nothing else too exciting besides Deathsinger loot and VOG exotic upgrades. Maybe there will be more surprises?

The pit chest run for exotics is no more....

Bungie really don't want me to get gjallarhorn or hawkmoon.

Dave_6

Ugh, my friend's kid just deleted my fully leveled Atheon's Epilogue by mistake. He was trying to switch weapons and held down square instead. I know it isn't the greatest gun in the world but it is the go to primary on void burns and isn't exactly easy to come by.

Langy

Me, you, Macello, Dr_LawyerCop, silver tongue, Dhruv if he's around... that'd be 6 right there, I know there are a lot of others too. iRawr can help later if he wakes up...

I feel like giving this a go aswell if you find yourselves in need of anyone!

E92 M3

New map rotations? Or is that not in this update?

It is. I just don't play PVP that much to be super excited.

The pit chest run for exotics is no more....

Bungie really don't want me to get gjallarhorn or hawkmoon.

Which kinda sucks, but now we have extra stuff at Deathsinger. Pit chest will still have mats.

Ugh, my friend's kid just deleted my fully leveled Atheon's Epilogue by mistake. He was trying to switch weapons and held down square instead. I know it isn't the greatest gun in the world but it is the go to primary on void burns and isn't exactly easy to come by.

Ouch, could have been worse...a lot worse.

Ein Bear

I would go ahead and spend those resources on the scout rifle. Ascendant materials are no longer required to max out exotics, only exotic shards which will come with time. I like to use anything but explosive rounds as I have found it is harder to hit crit shots with them on. Even if I hit an enemy dead on in the head the crit would not register due to the splash caused by the explosion. But that is mainly personal preference on my part, hardly a consensus.

Have you done the weekly yet? Those coins are important every week and building a small stash will help you in the long run.

Every Thursday Hawkian runs a noob friendly VOG walkthrough that I'm sure you will find useful.

I would even be willing to pull you through the first two stages of CE but if you wanted to go into that cheese and spoiler free I understand.

Thanks for the help! I haven't managed to do the weekly - there's no matchmaking like the strike playlists have, and it's a bit too hard for me to solo like the dailies.

Cheers for the offer, but I haven't actually bought the expansion yet - holding off until I've exhausted the base content first. That newbie VoG walkthrough on Thurs sounds perfect though, should hopefully manage to get to 26 by then! :)

joecanada

I don't have any PSN friends that play the game, so I've just been playing with randoms so far whilst I farmed Vanguard marks. Am hoping to play with you guys as I get into the harder stuff like the Raid though!

That's great, didn't realise Exotics didn't require Ascendant Energy, will get upgrading then! :)

Just a heads up regarding the explosive rounds, I'm not sure they operate as intended right now but they leak some damage off of critical hits into bodyshot, which doesn't do more damage to the primary target. This is fine unless you are dependent on criticals for other perks. I have one gun where explosive rds is definitely out, as the other perks are revolving around criticals

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian, when is sword class today?
I have a family dinner so I'm pushing it from 6 to 7PM EST for Sword School today! If anyone reads this and sees anyone else asking please let them know!

Do you have the DLC purchased/Have you done any Eris quests yet? If not, you can start making your way through them, and next weekend finish a quest that awards you some 33 Light gloves. Make boots from the vendor the first thing you buy if you haven't already :)

You can also continue leveling up weaponry and armor- the marks you might spend on Planetary Materials (Spirit Bloom, Relic Iron, etc) are easily replaced, or you can also farm those materials.
In PVE, Armor-Piercing. Explosive Rounds are useful in some situations but they interfere with critical damage (headshots).
If you're enjoying it, upgrade the crap out of it!
Next thursday, not the 15th (which will be Crota's End) but the 22nd, there will be a newbie run of the Vault of Glass at 9PM EST if you can make that. Of course, you'll probably be able to find a group long before then as soon as you hit 26 if you hang around here.
A double-edged sword, indeed.

BTW, when is the next Mythocast, guys?
I believe Todd said he couldn't record us today unfortunately, so probably being made tomorrow?
New map rotations? Or is that not in this update?
It is, as well as newschool Exotics from the Vault of Glass.

Top Bottom