• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

ocean

Banned
How much time roughly should I expect a raid to take? I've never done one before.
Depends a lot on the group. All newbies going in blind (not having read or seen videos with strategies) should be 4-6 hours for VoG, maybe 2-3 hours for Crota's End.

Experienced groups with adequate gear can do either Raid in under an hour.

Jinjo

I think it is sex dependant, i got one from nightfall and one that i purchased , both did not change color palette, male titan here.

Ok, yeah seems to be a sex thing then. Once again proven that female Titans are the best Titans.

Carn82

So. I just read on Reddit that there is a sprint cooldown. Which explains why sprint sometimes didnt work, and I thought it was just a bug or something with my controller -_-

Bradach

Depends a lot on the group. All newbies going in blind (not having read or seen videos with strategies) should be 4-6 hours for VoG, maybe 2-3 hours for Crota's End.

Experienced groups with adequate gear can do either Raid in under an hour.

thanks, that's useful. I'll give Crota's end a run during the week I think.

Steroyd

So. I just read on Reddit that there is a sprint cooldown. Which explains why sprint sometimes didnt work, and I thought it was just a bug or something with my controller -_-

Yup, it sort of makes sense to Titans would be able to spam shoulder charge a lot more than they do now, but then the question remains why the other 2 classes? And why does a cooldown have to be there when you don't select the shoulder charge perk etc etc.

Yeah haha! I just PM'd you a short novel about it lmao! We just need to get dat Crota CP today, which should be easy enough.

Do we have a full group yet, or will we need a few spots to fill still for tomorrow?

Yeah, going to leave it out after reading the comment earlier. Still want to grab the chest if it's possible tomorrow morning.

Still need the Crota CP? PS4: iRAWRasaurus

Camp in Crota checkpoint before reset, someone after the reset takes my checkpoint do Crota 3 times, do everything up to Deathsinger 3 times, hopefully profit.

It does look like Bungie is learning though, Nightfall Vanguard bounty the day before the reset, much MUCH better than the day after *pats head*.

Should we save the Gorgon CP as well? I have it on my hunter currently.

noomi

We do, but I'm currently at work for the next 8 hours. I know Nuszka should be online, let me message him if he is available to grab it off of you, thanks! :)

Also.... good idea about that Gorgon CP as well.... we might need to do that too.

Carn82

Yup, it sort of makes sense to Titans would be able to spam shoulder charge a lot more than they do now, but then the question remains why the other 2 classes? And why does a cooldown have to be there when you don't select the shoulder charge perk etc etc.

The thing is that it the cooldown doesnt seem to trigger when you go ADS during sprint (melee is rumuroured to skip the cooldown as well, same for double tap swap weapons); which only made it more confusing.

Jinjo

So with Hard Light, do I go extra stability or field scout?

Got this recently, just upgraded up to the exotic perk and I'm digging the gun so far.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

Looking for more members, will keep checking and bumping through the day

noomi

Woohoo! Awesome, thanks so much iRAWR, we owe ya one. Part of the reason I love DestinyGAF is how helpful everyone is here. Truly one of the best gaming communities I have ever been a part of :) <3 you guys!

Thanks a lot mate, can you share gorgon as well?

Oh snap, we are going to the full awesomesauce?! Would this work though? I guess as long as you are logged in before reset the gorgon checkpoint wouldn't reset at 4am EST?

Woohoo! Awesome, thanks so much iRAWR, we owe ya one. Part of the reason I love DestinyGAF is how helpful everyone is here. Truly one of the best gaming communities I have ever been a part of :) <3 you guys!

Oh snap, we are going to the full awesomesauce?! Would this work though? I guess as long as you are logged in before reset the gorgon checkpoint wouldn't reset at 4am EST?
Anytime, just have person x with z checkpoint log in before the reset. Then person y who log in after the reset join that person x with z checkpoint, wipe and person y should have z checkpoint. Person x will lose z checkpoint once he log out and back in for the reset.

Lima

Is there something worse than playing Crucible with randoms? Well yes there is. Playing Roc strikes with randoms. Oh my god you go from sub 10 every strike to 20 minutes and more. How do you even manage to die in a 26 strike. Please just kill yourself. Never again.

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone up for a CE run from the start?

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

Also up for a Templar kill for a shot at that ever elusive Fatebringer. Could do a full VoG run.

Ready to go whenever.

Kyne

Some aspects of pvp are kinda dumb. RNG rewards suck major balls.

For the last 100 games I've probably been MVP 90% of the time, and only until last night with this score...
Screenshot_2015-01-12-07-07-50_zpsa255fad2.png

.. was I able to score an exotic weapon.
mida multitool :/

Should at least award a strange coin or something if you're number one on your team.

edit: obvs I'm Chrnocide <<;

noomi

What time, noomi?

We are planning on raiding immediately after the reset tomorrow. Nuszka had mentioned that we are full and just waiting for everyone to confirm tonight. If we do have a spot available and you are still interested, you'll be the first to know :)

Anytime, just have person x with z checkpoint log in before the reset. Then person y who log in after the reset join that person x with z checkpoint, die and person y should have z checkpoint.

Gotcha, should work out quite nicely then. Will transfer Crota CP and Gorgon CP between characters. However, we should probably not loot the gorgon chest until after the patch hits due to VoG Exotics getting a proper level bump ;)

Nuszka

Yeah we will just need someone from our team to take it of me so i can sit at crota during reset, and someone else on gorgon cp at the same time. After that let the love share begin.

E92 M3

I think PVP should offer the same rewards as strikes or at least 1 guaranteed blue engram. Also, Bungie needs to boot players that are inactive.

LiK

I think PVP should offer the same rewards as strikes or at least 1 guaranteed blue engram. Also, Bungie needs to boot players that are inactive.

I think any player that idles for 30 seconds or more should be booted. Pretty irritating if they happen to be in your team.

Jinjo

6 marks, guaranteed cryptarch engram, 25 rep. Winning team gets slightly more or higher chance at better rolls. Brings the rewards up to par with strikes now, as a strike nowadays takes less time than a PvP match sometimes.

SeanR1221

Calling all blade dancers. What's a good build guide? I'd like to be stealthy but strong. Not just run around super fast, get a few hits and hide.

Is there something worse than playing Crucible with randoms? Well yes there is. Playing Roc strikes with randoms. Oh my god you go from sub 10 every strike to 20 minutes and more. How do you even manage to die in a 26 strike. Please just kill yourself. Never again.
Unless they are legitimately not playing the Strike, then you're being awfully harsh. Not everyone can be good at a game, or even this game. As long as they're going in, trying, and having fun, what's it matter? If you're so on the edge about time, then don't play with randoms, but don't be mean about it at the same time.

LiK

I feel like I am the voice of reason here. Haha! 30 seconds is a little absurd. 5 minutes would stand within fairness.

5 minutes?? Now that's even more absurd. That's most of the match! If you can't play for more than 30 seconds, back out instead of causing one man down for your team.

Feorax

Anyone want to help me finish off Spongebob Dickface in the nightfall?

He's at less than half health right now, but it's taking me forever as a 29, especially as he's decided to go wandering.

LiK

Oh, haha! I missed the part about it being Crucible. Sorry, thought it was Strikes you were talking about it.

For Strikes, I would say 1-2 minutes at most for randoms. If you have a full fireteam, there should be no limit cuz you all know each other.

bosseye

So with Hard Light, do I go extra stability or field scout?

Got this recently, just upgraded up to the exotic perk and I'm digging the gun so far.

I love Hard Light too. Got mine out of the VoG the other week and then happily Xur was selling the upgrade over the weekend so I'm happily levelling it to 331 at the moment. I just love the noise it makes, buddabuddabudda.

As for perks.....I always choose stability, every time. On every gun if possible. Because I'm a horrible shot and need the extra assistance to not shoot the ceiling. You should have seen me with an unlevelled Atheon's Epilogue before I added the stability perk, all over the place. I made lots of noise but didn't actually hit anything.

Done the Strikes part of the Toland Journal Bounty (Bad Juju), now for the 10,000 points in crucible killing warlocks (ideally). It will take me ages, I'm horrible at Crucible as well. Lets run the figures:

Typical game of control maybe 10 kills average (because I'm bad at crucible). Sometimes more, sometimes less (because I'm bad at crucible).
Best Case scenario:
Assuming all were Warlocks, thats 75 points per kill/assist
So in a single game theoretically 750 points per 15 minute round (think they're about 15 minutes?)
Thats just over 13 games to hit 10,000
13 games at 15 minutes each = 195 minutes, 3.25 hours.
Assuming I always hit at least 10 kills and assists
And assuming they're all Warlock Kills.

Worst case scenario
Assuming all Titans or Hunters, thats 25 points per kill/assist
So in a single game theoretically 250 points per 15 minute round
Thats 40 games to hit 10,000
40 games at 15 minutes each = 600 minutes, 10 hours.

Thank fuck you don't get penalised for dying. I had to give up on the Thorn Bounty with its horrid 'lose 2 points per death' penalty.

Zakalwe

Banned
Some aspects of pvp are kinda dumb. RNG rewards suck major balls.

For the last 100 games I've probably been MVP 90% of the time, and only until last night with this score...
Screenshot_2015-01-12-07-07-50_zpsa255fad2.png

.. was I able to score an exotic weapon.
mida multitool :/

Should at least award a strange coin or something if you're number one on your team.

edit: obvs I'm Chrnocide <<;

Random drops in pvp like everywhere else. I'm totally fine with that.

I'd be equally fine with snagging a mote or a coin for coming top three, hell even crafting materials or a postmaster pack that has a chance for ascendent mats.

The exotic drop chances are fine though.

Ok, I see what you're saying in terms of making all the Raids relevant to new players instead of making them obsolete. It's sort of the same issue though. It's having one Raid replacing the next in such a way that there is only one active, relevant Raid at any given time - both for new players who will skip the old ones and legacy players who won't come back to them.

Instead of forcing new players to go through them once, I suggest making them attractive for all players, every single week. Players won't "have to" run VoG before earning the right to enter CE, but they'll be interested in doing so anyways.
It's a problem with the underlying philosophy of leveled DLC.

I don't disagree with having an "epic" VoG run only available to CE buyers where CE gear and weapons drop. Should have been part of the DLC to be honest.

LiK

They need to give out more marks/glimmer per match as well. Takes much longer than Vanguard to collect to buy from the vendors.

E92 M3

6 marks, guaranteed cryptarch engram, 25 rep. Winning team gets slightly more or higher chance at better rolls. Brings the rewards up to par with strikes now, as a strike nowadays takes less time than a PvP match sometimes.

Loot chance the same for everyone, but I agree otherwise.

They need to give out more marks/glimmer per match as well. Takes much longer than Vanguard to collect to buy from the vendors.

They need to do that with the glimmer cap increase (why haven't they done that yet???) and weekly mark cap increase.

--

On terms of DLC, I just have a feeling that Bungie will allow everyone to buy level 32 armor. If they do that, they need to update the Crota gear to be 1 level ahead. I am fairly certain it will be another "deal with it" level of implementation.

That is my biggest issue. You get 2-3 marks, very little glimmer, and very little experience. I love Crucible in its own right, so I'm playing it for the fun of it, but having some additional perks that would put it on par with Strikes, in terms of rewards, would be a much welcome change.

Kyne

I don't usually group up with you guys for raids and stuff (I'm still a bit newbie when it comes to endgame content) but I'd like to group up during Iron Banner if anyone is down. Need dem shaders.

LiK

That is my biggest issue. You get 2-3 marks, very little glimmer, and very little experience. I love Crucible in its own right, so I'm playing it for the fun of it, but having some additional perks that would put it on par with Strikes, in terms of rewards, would be a much welcome change.

One thing they should add would be allowing Engram drops to happen in PVP. This would encourage people to actually play the game instead of idling. Maybe don't have the drops happen as frequently as Vanguard but allow it to happen in matches.

Top Bottom