• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Frostburn

Ok adding you

PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. ErnieMcCracken

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

I'd like to do a CE flawless as long as you'll take a 31 Warlock (I don't think it will be an issue but I want to be sure). PSN ID: US-Frostburn

One thing they should add would be allowing Engram drops to happen in PVP. This would encourage people to actually play the game instead of idling. Maybe don't have the drops happen as frequently as Vanguard but allow it to happen in matches.
I like that idea. Especially if you don't pick up an engram and it is treated like in a Strike, where it waits for you at the Postmaster. I can think of a few instances where I might defeat a guardian across the map and never find myself going there to pick up the dropped engram.

gdt

Anyone doing gatekeeper glimmer farming? I'm in desperate need of glimmer. Spend all my glimmer changing energy to shards. Have none left for upgrading. I have the checkpoint.

Okay, I'm in a rough spot. I realized yesterday that I don't have much left to do in Destiny right now. I'm 12 ass shards away from fully upgrading all of my legendary gear and my exotics still need a lot more upgrading.

However, this would just mean nothing but grinding. I really can't get better weapons unless I ran raids constantly because strike and crucible drops are pointless for me except for mats.

Where the hell do I go from here? I can't do weekly or NF this week because I don't have the expansion and I'm tight on money right now so dropping $20 isn't feasible. How do I occupy myself? I want to keep playing, but I want there to be a reason for doing so.

Ok adding you

PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. ErnieMcCracken

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

I am game, psn=gutterboy44
Hunter 32, or 31 with Don't Touch Me equipped.

As a side note - is there a clan we can all join before? I still need that raid fireteam clan trophy.

gdt

Okay, I'm in a rough spot. I realized yesterday that I don't have much left to do in Destiny right now. I'm 12 ass shards away from fully upgrading all of my legendary gear and my exotics still need a lot more upgrading.

However, this would just mean nothing but grinding. I really can't get better weapons unless I ran raids constantly because strike and crucible drops are pointless for me except for mats.

Where the hell do I go from here? I can't do weekly or NF this week because I don't have the expansion and I'm tight on money right now so dropping $20 isn't feasible. How do I occupy myself? I want to keep playing, but I want there to be a reason for doing so.

Start running raids I guess. VoG won't raise your level but you'll get some of the best weapons there are out of it, and a couple rolls at exotics too.

The nightfall this week was Mars, not the dlc content.

Make a new character assuming you only have one? And the weekly + Nightfall was on Mars, so you can run it.

ocean

Banned

Keep grinding so you can upgrade your current armor and weapons. That way you can run the exact same content you've been playing since launch, but with new and upgraded weapons.

This game's grind is insane :p

Make a new character assuming you only have one? And the weekly + Nightfall was on Mars, so you can run it.

Might be my best option.

If we're referring to the weekly and NF that hasn't reset, I ran those Tuesday.

I would run raids, but it's hard to find a group sometimes. Either it's CE or people want to do a flawless run of VoG on hard. Both require a lot more time than I have sometimes.

Pickman

So I hit 32 last night. Took ping-ponging my gear back and forth between toons and transforming 8 Radiant Energy into Shards, but I did it.

As of this moment I'd like to inform all you 31s that you're in every way inferior to myself and other 32s and second hand citizens. You all disgust me.

Still waiting on Gjallarhorn, tho.

Might be my best option.

I would run raids, but it's hard to find a group sometimes. Either it's CE or people want to do a flawless run of VoG on hard. Both require a lot more time than I have sometimes.

Destinylfg.com or .net, check them out. Super easy to find a group for a raid at any given time.

So in prep of trying to join some flawless attempts tonight I am wondering what the flawless tactics have been.

I'd assume;
Pit - send one person forward and solo.
Bridge - get everyone up top, snipe enemies once they spawn across.
Chest Hall - fuck the chest, take it slow and just snipe shriekers? Do the enemies de spawn at any point? I forget, I normally am the one running for the doors.
Ir Yut - Regular strat, just being extra careful with rockets and probably someone on knight and thrall duty
Crota - All left or all bottom center.

Have there been some stand out tactics that make flawless that much easier or is it just being conservative with the last two encounters?

Might be my best option.

well you already ran VoG normal with me. Youre more than welcome to join my scrubbie college friends again this week :) I am sure there are a few groups still wanting to do VoG HM. I know astro was trying to form a group a page back :p
edit: be careful about destiny LFG I have heard bad and good things about it. So its a luck of the draw.

well you already ran VoG normal with me. I am sure there are a few groups still wanting to do VoG HM. I know astro was trying to form a group a page back :p

It seems a lot of people like to run during early morning/afternoon. Unfortunately, I work fulltime so I can't do anything til 6 or 7 EST. Even then, I have about 2 hours to dedicate.

I'll try to get a group going this evening. You're more than welcome to join, Rawr :)

It seems a lot of people like to run during early morning/afternoon. Unfortunately, I work fulltime so I can't do anything til 6 or 7 EST. Even then, I have about 2 hours to dedicate.

I'll try to get a group going this evening. You're more than welcome to join, Rawr :)

Depends on how things turn out and the time for me. Personally taking it slow in Destiny as of now. So why am I in this thread still..

Anyone online right now (6:30am PST / 9:30am EST) on PS4 want to get the strength of the pack trophy (complete a strike in trophy) msg/friend me thediamondage and we'll knock it out

Daemul

Found a House of Wolves DLC infographic on reddit.

The Titan exotic armour perks seem to be becoming more and more useless.

That's to be expected though, exotic armour perks aren't meant to overlap with one another, so some exotic armours will have amazing perks, whilst the rest will have shitty, bottom of the barrel perks, and Bungie just happened to give us the exotic armour with the best perks in the base game.

E92 M3

So in prep of trying to join some flawless attempts tonight I am wondering what the flawless tactics have been.

I'd assume;
Pit - send one person forward and solo.
Bridge - get everyone up top, snipe enemies once they spawn across.
Chest Hall - fuck the chest, take it slow and just snipe shriekers? Do the enemies de spawn at any point? I forget, I normally am the one running for the doors.
Ir Yut - Regular strat, just being extra careful with rockets and probably someone on knight and thrall duty
Crota - All left or all bottom center.

Have there been some stand out tactics that make flawless that much easier or is it just being conservative with the last two encounters?

Pit and Bridge are easy to cheese - so that's the safest for now. Chest hall: kill shriekers and run away when they explode, then as a group walk slowly and kill everything - they don't despawn until you reach the end. For the last 2 battles just use your normal strategy and be safe about it. At Crota I like the left side due to having more control over the various variables.

Namikaze1

Maybe I'll sleep early tonight and then you can carry me after reset in CE :p
I'll be doing Nightfall and Weekly immediately after reset. Don't know about CE yet. I'll most likely end up waiting for the patch. I could run it early with one of my 32s, most likely my Titan since she already has all the raid gear. But I still don't know what I'll be doing about the raid.

Oh shit, was just thinking, if there is a delay between the reset and the patch, could you run the first chest, wait for patch, then get another roll at exotics at Ir Yut?

Namikaze1

So is everyone going to risk getting the first chest tomorrow, before patch?
Not me. I personally don't need it since I have all the exotics I wanted except for Necrochasm. I'll wait for the patch to hit before getting it since I only just need shards.

I'd assume;
Pit - send one person forward and solo. CORRECT
Bridge - get everyone up top, snipe enemies once they spawn across. CORRECT
Chest Hall - fuck the chest, take it slow and just snipe shriekers? Do the enemies de spawn at any point? I forget, I normally am the one running for the doors. CORRECT. They stop spawning once somebody jumps on the pit or get inside the chest door.
Ir Yut - Regular strat, just being extra careful with rockets and probably someone on knight and thrall duty CORRECT. Somebody to just spam Ghorns from somewhere safe and far on the door once you go for Yut helps a lot. Wolfpack will clean house.
Crota - All left or all bottom center. ALL CENTER. It's a lot safer.

Deathsinger is the only real risk.
Crota is all about beeing conservative.

gdt

Got my Titan to 32.

That's 2 level 32 characters. My Warlock is right behind them soon as I get some more glimmer.

Namikaze1

Oh shit, was just thinking, if there is a delay between the reset and the patch, could you run the first chest, wait for patch, then get another roll at exotics at Ir Yut?
That's the thing, no one knows. Bungie hasn't said anything about that. Maybe it'll work. Maybe not. I'm not gonna risk it.

E92 M3

If Bungie didn't implement a fix, then it's theoretically possible. Definitely doesn't hurt to try.

LiK

I'll be doing Nightfall and Weekly immediately after reset. Don't know about CE yet. I'll most likely end up waiting for the patch. I could run it early with one of my 32s, most likely my Titan since she already has all the raid gear. But I still don't know what I'll be doing about the raid.

Yea, I only need shards for my Titan to reach 32. Might try Crota again for a reroll for the helm. All it has is Discipline.

Midas

Got my Titan to 32.

That's 2 level 32 characters. My Warlock is right behind them soon as I get some more glimmer.

Nice! My Titan will be the last to reach 32. But it will be done tomorrow, or whenever I have time to play Crota x 3 to get shards/energies.

Namikaze1

Yea, I only need shards for my Titan to reach 32. Might try Crota again for a reroll for the helm. All it has is Discipline.
After all that I've said about my Titan not having that high Intellect due to raid gear, I find myself enjoying the fact my grenade cools down fast in PvP. it may not be that useful in PvE but it's a blessing in disguise in PvP.

LiK

After all that I've said about my Titan not having that high Intellect due to raid gear, I find myself enjoying the fact my grenade cools down fast in PvP. it may not be that useful in PvE but it's a blessing in disguise in PvP.

I kinda prefer Intellect in PVP. Wanna smash more, lol. But yea, at least Discipline is better than Strength.

Daemul

I'm surprised, people still do weekly's? I gave up on them once I hoarded over 100 strange coins and realised I had way more than enough to buy any exotic I could want. I'm even struggling to justify running the Nightfalls these days, since there are only 3 exotics which I want, and due to the heavily inflated nightfall loot table, I have a much higher chance of getting those three exotics by waiting for Xur to stock them rather than running the nightfall.

E92 M3

I'm surprised, people still do weekly's? I gave up on them once I hoarded over 100 strange coins and realised I had way more than enough to buy any exotic I could want. I'm even struggling to justify running the Nightfalls these days, since there are only 3 exotics which I want, and due to the heavily inflated nightfall loot table, I have a much higher chance of getting those three exotics by waiting for Xur to stock them rather than running the nightfall.

I do them for multiple reasons:

1.) I love stockpiling for a rainy day. Managed to spend 15 or so coins on heavy ammo and still stay above my self-imposed limit of not having less than 190 coins at a time.
2.) Another chance at a few legendary engrams.
3.) Easy 500 rep
4.) They usually have a burn and go fast.

Namikaze1

I kinda prefer Intellect in PVP. Wanna smash more, lol. But yea, at least Discipline is better than Strength.
Yeah, Strength sucks in PvP but having that regenerating Defender shield during the Cave of Thralls ready at your beck and call is great. I'm just glad I have at least one exotic piece giving me +120 Intellect for PvP.

Pickman

I usually run it with some 28s to help them out. I like to be a Destiny samaritan in the hopes that fate pays it forward with loot drops and fun.

Also it's worth noting your overgorged-with-Exotics status is not the norm. Lots of folks are still feeling that thirst.

LiK

Yeah, Strength sucks in PvP but having that regenerating Defender shield during the Cave of Thralls ready at your beck and call is great. I'm just glad I have at least one exotic piece giving me +120 Intellect for PvP.

I find myself switching to my other gear that stacks Intellect. I always keep alt gear on me just in care I get invited to PVP.

E92 M3

and that's presuming you're not getting the exotic roll with the first chest I guess.

The option is: Get the first chest before the patch and have a chance at an exotic. This can lead to either getting another exotic chance at Ir Yut. This option can lead to being screwed out of an extra loot drop if Bungie anticipated this. Another option is to not pick up the chest at all and wait for the patch to be safe. I don't think Bungie programmed the patch to lockout people that picked up the first chest. They must know that only the core people will bother rushing to do it before the patch. Most simply don't care.

Top Bottom