• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

LTWood12

wat

You're missing out on a ton of strange coins, reputation, chance at legendary engrams and a lot of XP if you skip the weekly. And if you think you have "more than enough" strange coins you aren't spending them correctly. You should ideally have multiple exotic armors per character (in case you need to switch slots), you should be buying and using heavy ammo synths, and you should be buying and using plenty of telemetries too.

Plus, it's fun to take that victory lap after the nightfall :)

Lamonster-Truth Handler

Deku Tree

So according to this House of Wolves leaked graphic:

http://i.imgur.com/PBQFn20.jpg

The HoW "Arena" Hard Raid will be level 34 but have level 35 enemies? (Am I reading that right it says Level 34 then it says Level 35 in red.) I guess we have to wait an find out. Maybe that indicates that this graphic is early and/or old. Since the Crota End Hard raid appears to be Level 33 maybe they would make the Arena Hard Raid Level 35.

Still no warlock Exotic boots?

Probably we will need a 2.0 Commendation to buy the HoW vendor gear I think. The 1.0 commendations have an "I" in their graphic... I am guessing they will become useless garbage after HoW is released.

matmanx1

That is my biggest issue. You get 2-3 marks, very little glimmer, and very little experience. I love Crucible in its own right, so I'm playing it for the fun of it, but having some additional perks that would put it on par with Strikes, in terms of rewards, would be a much welcome change.

Yeah I agree with this. Crucible is really fun, especially with my friends in my clan. But the rewards are paltry for the time and effort that you put in. Strikes are easier and quicker and offer better rewards in terms of marks and faction. There needs to be some balancing done in that area.

How would you rank the following 331 primaries:

Vanquisher (Auto Rifle) - perks: persistence, snapshot/lightweight/single point sling, glass half full

Badger CCL (Scout Rifle) - perks: luck in the chamber, snapshot/armor piercing/explosive rounds, mulligan

Crypt Dweller (Scout Rifle) - perks: final round, send it, firefly

Crusader I (Scout Rifle) - perks: luck in the chamber, hammer forged/flared magwell, rangefinder

Venation III (Hand Cannon) - perks: return to sender, flared magwell/field scout, crowd control

Vanquisher and Badger are the only one's I have completely leveled. Not sure which one to focus on next.

E92 M3

The HoW "Arena" Hard Raid will be level 34 but have level 35 enemies? (Am I reading that right it says Level 34 then it says Level 35 in red.) I guess we have to wait an find out. Maybe that indicates that this graphic is early and/or old. Since the Crota End Hard raid appears to be Level 33 maybe they would make the Arena Hard Raid Level 35.

Probably we will need a 2.0 Commendation to buy the HoW vendor gear I think. The 1.0 commendations have an "I" in their graphic... I am guessing they will become useless garbage after HoW is released.

If that's the case with the raid, they should update all Hive gear to be able to take on the new raid. I really don't want them to reset everything and put everyone on an even playing field. It's not enough time to enjoy having the best stuff. We have what, a month and a half left before HoW releases? Bungie needs to do right by the core players this time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Calling all blade dancers. What's a good build guide? I'd like to be stealthy but strong. Not just run around super fast, get a few hits and hide.
Is this for PvE primarily or PvP?

Do you prefer to be activating/using Arc Blade a lot, or relying more on stealth attacks?

What weapon types do you like? What exotics do you have access to?
What's the best way to get a weapon prepared for VoG? I don't have any void and none of the vendors have any good ones :/
I really need to get more familiar with the current vendor elements, maybe I'll remember to make some notes today.

Still, while a good Void weapon is incredibly helpful for Minotaurs in the raid, it isn't necessary at all. What legendaries and exotics do you have? Anything you've spent time leveling close to max already?
Hawkian, I don't see any of the new Guardian Lords up on the wall yet!
K, have them PM me.

That 35 is actually an educated guess based on the fact that CE Hard is level 33. The datamined hard Arena is only showing up as 34, as you can see in the infographic. The person who made the infographic added the 35.

Here's the datamined content: http://www.destinydb.com/destinations/3393905939-the-reef-asteroid-belt

Also they found a level 31 VoG and a whole other set of VoG armor (it's blue!) in November.

If that's the case with the raid, they should update all Hive gear to be able to take on the new raid. I really don't want them to reset everything and put everyone on an even playing field. It's not enough time to enjoy having the best stuff. We have what, a month and a half left before HoW releases? Bungie needs to do right by the core players this time.
Yeah, I really hope Bungie doesn't make the same mistake as they did with the Dark Below.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Vanquisher (Auto Rifle) - perks: persistence, snapshot/lightweight/single point sling, glass half full

Badger CCL (Scout Rifle) - perks: luck in the chamber, snapshot/armor piercing/explosive rounds, mulligan

Crusader I (Scout Rifle) - perks: luck in the chamber, hammer forged/flared magwell, rangefinder

Venation III (Hand Cannon) - perks: return to sender, flared magwell/field scout, crowd control

Vanquisher and Badger are the only one's I have completely leveled. Not sure which one to focus on next.
I'd level that Crypt Dweller unless you're starved for a hand cannon to use. Firefly + Send it will make it hellacious fun.

E92 M3

Yeah, I really hope Bungie doesn't make the same mistake as they did with the Dark Below.

I am hedging my faith in them by only upgrading exotics I love, just in case they pull it all over again. Also, the exotics from House of Stark are very underwhelming if the infographic is correct. Didn't look at the legendaries to save some surprises.

Jinjo

It's nice that you can see the full animation. Too often I just die without seeing the animation because of lag and then only after I'm dead do I say "oh ok laggy nova bomb ugh".

Man, the new vendor helms for HoW look cool as fuck. I expect HoW hard to be the same as Crota hard. One level above par, but they might just be playtesting that. Crota's End is already supereasy when you're on level par with the enemies, so I think that's why they upped the level on hard raid.

I get the lag bomb often as well. I'm enjoying crucible a bit more now than before (might have to do with the fact that I perform better too lol), but still think lag is a huge issue in this game.

m8PN1x.gif

Casually sidestepping your nova bombs, locks.
Lance is the least effective Nova Bomb, what a scrub. ;-)

Hawkian, I don't see any of the new Guardian Lords up on the wall yet!

I still need to play Salvage. Should have done it this past weekend. Now I have to wait.

That 35 is actually an educated guess based on the fact that CE Hard is level 33. The datamined hard Arena is only showing up as 34, as you can see in the infographic. The person who made the infographic added the 35.

Here's the datamined content: http://www.destinydb.com/destinations/3393905939-the-reef-asteroid-belt

Also they found a level 31 VoG and a whole other set of VoG armor (it's blue!) in November.

Just like we went from 30 to 32 and a hard raid at 33.
Next dlc we will go from 32 to 34 and a hard raid at 35.

That's what I'm thinking.

Macello, congrats on you're lordship. I got your message about running flawless the other night a bit late. Was a little disappointed I missed that chance, but glad to see you guys got it done.
I'd be willing to help out again anytime my wife is working and my son is not melting down. People like Drizzay and Messiek and Hawkian always inspire me to help out even though there's no in game rewards left for me in those particular instances.

Dave_6

Might be my best option.

If we're referring to the weekly and NF that hasn't reset, I ran those Tuesday.

I would run raids, but it's hard to find a group sometimes. Either it's CE or people want to do a flawless run of VoG on hard. Both require a lot more time than I have sometimes.

Looking to run a normal VoG? I need to run my 28 Titan through it's first one. I also work all day and can't be online until 6 to 7 PM CST.

3.5 pages of complaints overnight xD

Check out META's posts on this page and see about getting into the same one together.

I'd be willing to help/lead a Normal run tonight if it's at a compatible time, since the newb raid this week is for CE.

I get off work at 5 this week so I can be online anytime after 6 PM CST. I guess I need to PM you about getting in the CE raid this week, if there are still any spots open.

MegalonJJ

Banned

I use a maxed out Badger CCL.

It's awesome (replaced my maxed Vision of Confluence). I use it across all PvE and PvP.

It has superb impact.

Deku Tree

To me the ideal solution is (if Bungie is going to have another "gear upgrade thing") for Bungie to let core players upgrade their gear the same way with Xur and the last 3-4 bubbles are reset (or if you have less bubbles filled in then no your bubble status doesn't change). All the perks on your exotics remain unlocked (if they already were unlocked) and your damage output or defense rating (with the last 3-4 bubbles reset) is higher than your gear would have been if it was maxed before the upgrade. That system is fair and would be agree-able to me. I don't want to keep re-upgrading too much gear.

That's why right now I am just upgrading certain gear that I want to use rather than upgrading everything like I did the first time since what Bungie is going to do is so far unclear.

Oh I see. Thanks I didn't realize it was a guess. In any case this graphic is probably early or old and things change. Originally the data-mined CE raid was seen as level 28 on the original destiny disk (and so was the Reef Arena raid too.) I wish we knew the weapons perks but maybe those are still in testing and/or tweaking.

Jinjo

Lance is the least effective Nova Bomb, what a scrub. ;-)

Haha, yeah as a part-time lock myself I'm fully aware that's what saved my lol. I always run with the vortex field/increased explosion/field radius myself. Triple bomb with tracking is nice too.

It's awesome (replaced my maxed Vision of Confluence). I use it across all PvE and PvP.

It has superb impact.
I don't have my Badger completely leveled up, and still have to unlock Firefly, but I already lobe using it during those times when I have to swap out my Vex for a Special/Heavy exotic. It does hit like a truck, reloads quit fast, and is very stable in its recoil.

To me the ideal solution is (if Bungie is going to have another "gear upgrade thing") for Bungie to let core players upgrade their gear the same way with Xur and the last 3-4 bubbles are reset (or if you have less bubbles filled in then no your bubble status doesn't change). All the perks on your exotics remain unlocked (if they already were unlocked) and your damage output or defense rating (with the last 3-4 bubbles reset) is higher than your gear would have been if it was maxed before the upgrade. That system is fair and would be agree-able to me. I don't want to keep re-upgrading too much gear.

That's why right now I am just upgrading certain gear that I want to use rather than upgrading everything like I did the first time since what Bungie is going to do is so far unclear.

Oh I see. Thanks I didn't realize it was a guess. In any case this graphic is probably early or old and things change. Originally the data-mined CE raid was seen as level 28 on the original destiny disk (and so was the Reef Arena raid too.) I wish we knew the weapons perks but maybe those are still in testing and/or tweaking.
Right but the 32 and 34 Arena Raid (and even it's name) are recent datamines.

Jinjo

If they gonna increase the level again for HoW then fuck this shit. I'm not gonna reupgrade my exotics again.

Definitely. It would be better to keep enemy level on par with us, so we don't need the increased attack values on our guns this time. But they might be still evaluating that for HoW.

E92 M3

I'd be willing to help out again anytime my wife is working and my son is not melting down. People like Drizzay and Messiek and Hawkian always inspire me to help out even though there's no in game rewards left for me in those particular instances.

I love helping out people when I can; it just feels good lol. This is a game about community and it's best to perpetuate positive behavior.

Yes, I'd take that. Anything but what they did last time. It felt like a blindside.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wouldn't be surprised if the Exotic upgrade process was modified to seem less burdensome, but I absolutely expect another light level increase.

LTWood12

Crusader I is basically a Fatebringer w/ better range, but no arc. I love it. I'm surprised I never see anyone talk about it.

Namikaze1

Damn, I wish I recorded the rumble match where a fellow gaffer did the nova bomb that splits into three projectiles and I dodged it (through sheer luck) by jumping towards him between two of them.

Disker

Love skirmish,, I seem always to get matched up with the "lesser" players.
Lost 5 matches in a row and get 15 tot 20 kills on my own, my other members get 3 or 4 if lucky.

Even the team RNG is not kind on me :(. Level 5 to 15 on my team, and the rest is 29+.
I know my team can't always be good, but this whole day is a disaster :p

E92 M3

You guys really think they will make us get new commendations for the DLC? That'd be crazy. And if they introduce another new raid currency, they better increase the vault space!

Cybrwzrd

Banned
PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. ErnieMcCracken
4. grimlock33

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

Anyone else? Still have 5 open spots, and it won't get any easier to get this trophy.

I'd level that Crypt Dweller unless you're starved for a hand cannon to use. Firefly + Send it will make it hellacious fun.

It has superb impact.
Thanks for the replies. Impact on the Badger is really good but the perks on mine are pretty bad. I wish we could re-roll for motes :/

I do enjoy firefly from Fatebringer. I've had that Crypt Dweller for awhile now... not sure why I've been neglecting it. Probably because so much stuff fell in my lap at once and I was still on the FB + VoC train.

Jinjo

I wouldn't be surprised if the Exotic upgrade process was modified to seem less burdensome, but I absolutely expect another light level increase.

Definitely. They have to do it for exotic armor, that is no doubt. As cumbersome as upgrading your exotics is, nobody wants all their exotics become really useless. I wasn't too bothered with the armor upgrading. The weapon upgrading though, is the most annoying grind in a game ever. Upgrading the attack values was definitely a mistake. They should have just tinkered with the behind-the-scenes numbers and made every 300 attack weapon hit equal to current 331 weapons across the board (so make lower attack weapons hit for higher attack too) without altering what they show us. That would still make our old unupgradeable legendary weapons really viable. And they're not forcing a grind on your players because they're too incompetent to come up with a viable upgrade path because of technical limitations.

You guys really think they will make us get new commendations for the DLC? That'd be crazy. And if they introduce another new raid currency, they better increase the vault space!
With Bungie being so quiet on this matter, I don't have much faith at all that this will be a thing any time soon.

PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. ErnieMcCracken
4. grimlock33

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

Anyone else? Still have 5 open spots, and it won't get any easier to get this trophy.

Qwell posted before I did about wanting to run as well. I know he's got some level 32s as well.

Top Bottom