• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Jinjo

Damn, I wish I recorded the rumble match where a fellow gaffer did the nova bomb that splits into three projectiles and I dodged it (through sheer luck) by jumping towards him between two of them.

You should have, because I don't believe you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Exotic upgrade process was modified to seem less burdensome, but I absolutely expect another light level increase.

The light level increase doesn't bother me since we all end up with the same dumb raid armor anyway, so who gives a fuck, I certainly don't have the vault space to keep all the different gear so I just shard the old, in with the new.

The exotic weapon leveling on the other hand, they absolutely need to address that. Another full reset is going to be too big of a fuck you and time sink. I am still not back to my pre DLC level of maxed exotic weapons, hell I am just trying to even get the 331 upgrade for a few of them, let alone max them.

Exotic 331 to 362 should work the same way, as in you buy upgrades from Xur, but it should only reset the last three nodes of your exotic weapon, if those nodes are even leveled to begin with. That way you still have to earn the nodes that give you that additional attack, but you aren't losing everything that makes your exotic...exotic and you aren't wasting another 100 hours re leveling the same exact weapons for the third fucking time.

I use a maxed out Badger CCL.

It's awesome (replaced my maxed Vision of Confluence). I use it across all PvE and PvP.

It has superb impact.

Agreed. I didn't think much of it but bought one anyway. The high impact and range is great. The vendor version has the reload perk so the small mag isn't as much of a handicap. It's my go-to legendary 331 primary.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. ErnieMcCracken
4. grimlock33
5. Qwell
6. gutterboy44

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

I will start sending out invites about 8:50 PM Eastern

Still need 3 alts in case people do not show up. I will send friend requests after work (before 6PM Eastern)

Daemul

hFFA47D2E

You might want to look into buying a lottery ticket.

No, I'd lose badly. I have better luck in getting something when I DON'T want it lol

For anyone using the vendor version of the Badger CCL: which scope are you using? I've been going with the top one but others have said they use the third (lowest) scope. Thoughts?

Fallen Captains can be a real pain.
I'd say anything The Fallen is a pain. They way they constantly play hide-and-go-seek drives me to the point of insanity some times. The Hive are also really nasty culprits of this. It's like Halo: Reach Bubble level of action-halting.
They know about it. They've said it multiple times. I have no doubt it's being worked on.
I believe you, but where? The Weekly Update? Random Reddit posts? This is the first I've heard of it.

Deku Tree

You guys really think they will make us get new commendations for the DLC? That'd be crazy. And if they introduce another new raid currency, they better increase the vault space!

Yes absolutely.

If you want to buy the new gear I bet you will need a new commendation. The goal is to prevent most people from upgrading everything too quickly and allowing you to use your old commendations makes that goal fail.

Of course if you are a player like many of us here and you play PvE and PvP then on one character you could upgrade to 33 very quickly anyway under the current system, or if you only play PvP you could upgrade very quickly with two characters of the same class.

Otherwise they will design a different system that prevents you from upgrading too quickly instead I bet.

Jinjo

So I expect to have 150 marks for both crucible and vanguard by the end of next week. What legendary weapons shall I buy? I need a legendary primary and preferably a legendary rocket launcher, but might go for two primaries depending.

Have New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Crucible and Vanguard vendors up to rank 3.

Weapons I'm eyeing:

Vanquisher III (have the old 300 attack one)
New Monarchy scout rifle
Dead Orbit scout rifle
Saterienne Rapier
TFWKY
Crucible rocket launcher
Badger CCL
Vanguard rocket launcher

Obviously the Crucible primaries are all really awesome, but that rocket launcher is a whole lot better than the Vanguard one.

Halp me decide GAF.

You guys really think they will make us get new commendations for the DLC? That'd be crazy. And if they introduce another new raid currency, they better increase the vault space!

Yep, active players will have a huge srock pile of old commendations so they need to change it to start fresh.

It is ultimately a worthless activity gate as everyone preps for it and gets multiple commendation drops day 1. I have never been held back by commendations, they have no purpose.

If they make them required for boots and gauntlets too, then it would be an issue.

stb

Looking to run a normal VoG? I need to run my 28 Titan through it's first one. I also work all day and can't be online until 6 to 7 PM CST.

I get off work at 5 this week so I can be online anytime after 6 PM CST. I guess I need to PM you about getting in the CE raid this week, if there are still any spots open.

If you're doing VoG tonight, I'd like to join. I really just want NM Oracles, and HM Oracles -> Atheon, but the whole thing would be OK, I guess.

Still need PF, CM, VoC, helmet. =\ Didn't get anything new last week at all.

Dave_6

Fatebringer - Praedyth's Revenge - Gjallarhorn

My favourite PvE loadout still and it covers every single element.

Gjallarhorn + Fatebringer = Win/Win

Was using this combo last night in ROC strikes and was wrecking shit left and right.

If you're doing VoG tonight, I'd like to join. I really just want NM Oracles, and HM Oracles -> Atheon, but the whole thing would be OK, I guess.

Still need PF, CM, VoC, helmet. =\ Didn't get anything new last week at all.

I'd like to run one for sure if we can get one together. My Titan has yet to run one so I'll take whatever I can get. I also still need the Warlock helmet and want the Hunter cloak (lol). Also, my fully upgrade Atheon's Epilogue got dismantled yesterday by mistake so I'm hunting one of those again.

So I expect to have 150 marks for both crucible and vanguard by the end of next week. What legendary weapons shall I buy? I need a legendary primary and preferably a legendary rocket launcher, but might go for two primaries depending.

Have New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Crucible and Vanguard vendors up to rank 3.

Weapons I'm eyeing:

Vanquisher III (have the old 300 attack one)
New Monarchy scout
Saterienne Rapier
TFWKY
Crucible rocket launcher
Badger CCL
Vanguard rocket launcher

Halp me decide GAF.

Rapier is the best scout due to Firefly. I would pick that over all others.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
For anyone using the vendor version of the Badger CCL: which scope are you using? I've been going with the top one but others have said they use the third (lowest) scope. Thoughts?

If you already have the gun, you can just try it out yourself... not to be a smartass, but just saying :)

MegalonJJ

Banned

I use the red dot aim one.

For the new year gift, I got a duplicate Badger CCL, with different perks. However the only notable one was third eye but overall my original vendor version was superior.

Funny, I think I have 6 thunderlords. Zero Ghorns. Now that I have a HoC, I covet the Ghorn just a bit less. I'm too addicted to my exotic primaries these days, whether it's a Hawkmoon, Mida, etc.

HoC makes not having the ghorn much more bearable. I have one on each toon, and since they are legendary, they are super easy to level up. MIDA, Suros, and any exotic HC make every day play much fun.

Coconut

Banned
Man, I hope they figure a way out to speed up leveling a second character to 20. This shit is pretty boring. At least I had a spare time breaker so I can get around a little faster.

LordofPwn

Fatebringer - Praedyth's Revenge - Gjallarhorn

My favourite PvE loadout still and it covers every single element.
Solid loadout.
i rock fate bringer - high impact sniper or FR - G-thang. until i get my spear.
Realized after grinding to 150 crucible marks that my hunter hasn't hit rank 3 yet with the crucible... i'm only 500 rep away though so i'll have it tonight.

in PVP i use the hell out of PR though. so good getting double kill first blood on rusted lands.

LiK

Man, I hope they figure a way out to speed up leveling a second character to 20. This shit is pretty boring. At least I had a spare time breaker so I can get around a little faster.

Having to rewatch all the shitty cutscenes was what made it even more of a chore. I still can't believe there's no way to skip cutscenes especially the scenes in the Reef.

It takes about 8 hours in-game. That's pretty quick, if you ask me.
Having to rewatch all the shitty cutscenes was what made it even more of a chore.
Ha! Yeah, that is easily the worst part.

Deku Tree

HoC makes not having the ghorn much more bearable. I have one on each toon, and since they are legendary, they are super easy to level up. MIDA, Suros, and any exotic HC make every day play much fun.

Wish I had a HoC or a GHorn ;(

My CE raid stuff update.

1) three fusion rifles (one maxed)
2) three shotguns
3) three HMG
4) two Blackhammer sniper (one maxed)
5) still no hunger of Crota rocket launcher

Dear RNGesus can I please get a HoC RL? That was my most wanted raid weapon since day one because I don't have a GHorn.

No Titan Raid armor (baby titan only a few days old but did one full raid)
Hunter still missing chest and helmet (raided every week since week one)
Warlock is 32 And has numerous duplicates of every armor piece. Seriously I could have three 32 warlocks right now. I think I have 11 excess pieces of raid armor.

58 rad shards
37 rad energies
In the vault

Also, did anyone notice that all three raids have one of each burn on the hand cannon, auto rifle, and scout rifle but all three pulse rifles are arc? Even Bungie knows that pulse rifles blow.

Jinjo

Was using this combo last night in ROC strikes and was wrecking shit left and right.

I bring out the Black Hammer for certain bosses though.

Rapier is the best scout due to Firefly. I would pick that over all others.

I know, but I would severely gimp myself on a solid rocket launcher.

What perks does the Vanguard RL have from the vendor?

Single round mag with increase reload on kill with final round. Has field scout. Forget about the first perk, but it's really so-so. Crucible one on the other hand has proximity detonation.

commish

It takes about 8 hours in-game. That's pretty quick, if you ask me.

When the queen's bounties were around, I think I did it in 5 or so hours. Just one night. I'm sure the crota bounties help, though they aren't 5k exp. The real grind is grinding out the subclasses.

E92 M3

Yes absolutely.

If you want to buy the new gear I bet you will need a new commendation. The goal is to prevent most people from upgrading everything too quickly and allowing you to use your old commendations makes that goal fail.

Of course if you are a player like many of us here and you play PvE and PvP then on one character you could upgrade to 33 very quickly anyway under the current system, or if you only play PvP you could upgrade very quickly with two characters of the same class.

Otherwise they will design a different system that prevents you from upgrading too quickly instead I bet.

Either way, I will prep like like last time...it's just an annoyance at this point.

Yep, active players will have a huge srock pile of old commendations so they need to change it to start fresh.

It is ultimately a worthless activity gate as everyone preps for it and gets multiple commendation drops day 1. I have never been held back by commendations, they have no purpose.

If they make them required for boots and gauntlets too, then it would be an issue.

Commendations are most worthless. They are only useful at the beginning and then that's it. Bungie needs to streamline some of their gates and currencies. I am sure they play their own game and they have people like us that play seriously.

noomi

Started messing around with the VoC again after a few weeks.... man, there's just nothing better.

Don't get me wrong, Fatebringer is the tits and all, but that Vision of Confluence is a mighty solid weapon (other than the auto fire jamming).

Going to be hard to let go of those two come hard raid :( I'm big on handcannons and I feel like the Word of Crota Void HC is not going to even come close to the fatebringer.

Deku Tree

When the queen's bounties were around, I think I did it in 5 or so hours. Just one night. I'm sure the crota bounties help, though they aren't 5k exp. The real grind is grinding out the subclasses.

I don't think you can do Crota bounties until after you reach level 20 right?

Jinjo

Started messing around with the VoC again after a few weeks.... man, there's just nothing better.

Don't get me wrong, Fatebringer is the tits and all, but that Vision of Confluence is a mighty solid weapon (other than the auto fire jamming).

Going to be hard to let go of those two come hard raid :( I'm big on handcannons and I feel like the Word of Crota Void HC is not going to even come close to the fatebringer.

Indeed. As much as I love playing with Fatebringer and popping headshots and see stuff explode, the VoC is without a doubt still the best primary in the game. Full-auto on a scout is godlike. It hits hard, huge mag size with field scout and so stable that even the PS4 stability patches could still learn from it.

E92 M3

Fang of Ir Yut will be so hot, though. Word of Crota does have nothing on FB; you're right.

I don't think you can do Crota bounties until after you reach level 20 right?

I did Crota bounties when leveling up my alt.

matmanx1

Is Titan better than Hunter for PvP?

I actually think it's a little bit easier to get higher kill counts with a Hunter playing at the same skill level as a Titan. Their supers just lend themselves to being able to string kills together more easily (and potentially live through it) while Titans need a bit of luck and timing for that to happen.

I'm finding Two to the Morgue better than Secret Handshake for PvP.

You will have to explain this because from the stats and perks it doesn't seem like this should be the case. Secret Handshake with the shot package is certainly going to out range a Two to the Morgue.

darkwing

I still need to play Salvage. Should have done it this past weekend. Now I have to wait.

Just like we went from 30 to 32 and a hard raid at 33.
Next dlc we will go from 32 to 34 and a hard raid at 35.

That's what I'm thinking.

yup, this is most likely with HoW, i'm not really stressing to get to 32 because with HoW, you can get 33 armor from the vendors

commish

How much difference is there between being level 31 and level 32 for IB? (Or, before, I guess, level 29 and level 30). I haven't bothered with IB before but I want to get the handcannon this time.

panda-zebra

I find the tracking to be less aggressive than gjallarhorn. I always feel I can scope-fire-forget with gjallarhorn in an instant, with hunger of crota I hear the beep, I let fly and... no guaranteed result if the enemy is mobile. But still, I'd prefer to have an exotic primary for most things and still use it.

Top Bottom