• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Jinjo

How much difference is there between being level 31 and level 32 for IB? (Or, before, I guess, level 29 and level 30). I haven't bothered with IB before but I want to get the handcannon this time.

Last time I played if you were in the 29's and 30's there was barely any noticable power difference. You really only start noticing it when there's a 3-level difference.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Last time I played if you were in the 29's and 30's there was barely any noticable power difference. You really only start noticing it when there's a 3-level difference.

Great. I'd prefer to pvp on my hunter, who is "only" 31.

Dazzler

Man, I hope they figure a way out to speed up leveling a second character to 20. This shit is pretty boring. At least I had a spare time breaker so I can get around a little faster.

This

Started a Warlock on Saturday, got it to level 10 through a combo of PvE and PvP (which was a chore as I was getting wrecked in Crucible)

Stopped at 10 because it was so boring

LiK

It doesn't. VoC has made me lazy. I'm not gonna pull the trigger for every single shot. Too much strain man, I can't handle it anymore.

Haha, same. I'm enjoying auto way too much especially when I just wanna relax. I need another Scout with auto.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Indeed. As much as I love playing with Fatebringer and popping headshots and see stuff explode, the VoC is without a doubt still the best primary in the game. Full-auto on a scout is godlike. It hits hard, huge mag size with field scout and so stable that even the PS4 stability patches could still learn from it.

I used to think the Full-Auto was amazing, but it limits the scoped movement speed too much (imo). It's great for static enemies like oracles etc.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm up to fatty Spongebob Valus if anyone needs 9 Strange Coins + Blue Engrams aka Weekly Heroic (30)

darkwing

You guys really think they will make us get new commendations for the DLC? That'd be crazy. And if they introduce another new raid currency, they better increase the vault space!

yup, because if they don't , we would have instant lvl33 characters on HoW day

noomi

No, but it looks very cool and has some cool perks. I've gotten used to pressing the trigger every time anyway lol.

It does look cool and the perks do seem nice, not sure what to make of the lights up targets perk though? Maybe some exclusive change to hard mode crota where we are in the dark?

hydruxo

I'd say anything The Fallen is a pain. They way they constantly play hide-and-go-seek drives me to the point of insanity some times. The Hive are also really nasty culprits of this. It's like Halo: Reach Bubble level of action-halting.

I believe you, but where? The Weekly Update? Random Reddit posts? This is the first I've heard of it.

Source. Urk also replied about either on here or on reddit, can't remember where I saw it, but I remember he posted about it. Kinda like the heavy ammo bug. They said they're aware that a lot of people want more vault space but that there's more hurdles to do it than people think. There hasn't been a straight up confirmation of more vault space coming, but I'd be willing to bet that it's being worked on right now.

panda-zebra

How much difference is there between being level 31 and level 32 for IB? (Or, before, I guess, level 29 and level 30). I haven't bothered with IB before but I want to get the handcannon this time.

Not much at all:

nerfcurve.jpg

Jinjo

Haha, same. I'm enjoying auto way too much especially when I just wanna relax. I need another Scout with auto.

Haha same. Often times I don't even let go of the trigger when switching targets lol. I think full-auto is VoC-exclusive though, unless someone else can confirm it isn't. Then I'm gonna go for that IB scout and spend motes 'till I get full auto.

And slow-down fire rate when ADS for the Auto Rifle.

Fang of Ir Yut will be so hot, though. Word of Crota does have nothing on FB; you're right.

I did Crota bounties when leveling up my alt.
Don't discount the auto rifle, especially if the perks are selectable like the Murmur. Some people think it may drop with one or the other, but I bet they will be selectable. That focused fire will make it a good auto rifle.

http://www.destinydb.com/items/4144666151-abyss-defiant#1.cMjgxdb8
Anyone trying to play to do Crota 3x tomorrow around 3pm est?
Me at least twice.

darkwing

What if the vendor gear was actually light level 32 and only meant for players who couldn´t reach 32 before?

hmm then it wouldn't fit with their game design philosophy , if 34 is the max level in HoW and it needs raid armors , then 33 should be the max with non raid armor

Jinjo

Don't discount the auto rifle, especially if the perks are selectable like the Murmur. Some people think it may drop with one or the other, but I bet they will be selectable. That focused fire will make it a good auto rifle.

Yeah, it looks to be like a legendary Suros-light. It's high-impact too, and Solar damage. The second perk seems awesome, while still being useless the majority of the time though.

commish

Source. Urk also replied about either on here or on reddit, can't remember where I saw it, but I remember he posted about it. Kinda like the heavy ammo bug. They said they're aware that a lot of people want more vault space but that there's more hurdles to do it than people think. There hasn't been a straight up confirmation of more vault space coming, but I'd be willing to bet that it's being worked on right now.

The worst part about the vault space issue is that, while the game was in development, they actually sat around, discussed how much vault space to give players, and determined that this paltry number was the best solution. Really? And why on earth would you make stupid shaders, a cosmetic item, take up vault space and inventory? There are so many aspects of this game that are just so poorly designed. Drives me nuts.

Me at least twice.

What's your psn, level and class bro? Let's start a list of players ready for Crota tomorrow around 3pm EST

1. Darryl_M_R, Level 32 Hunter
  2. NoThru22

E92 M3

I am not a big fan of auto rifles in general...have never actually used them in PVE. Maybe for an hour or 2 total. Necrochasm is cool, but beyond that I am set on HC or SR.

Ah, thanks for that. So, it's essentially a non-answer answer.

post-12466-I-don-t-know-what-I-expected-g-gIlY.gif

The worst part about the vault space issue is that, while the game was in development, they actually sat around, discussed how much vault space to give players, and determined that this paltry number was the best solution. Really? And why on earth would you make stupid shaders, a cosmetic item, take up vault space and inventory? There are so many aspects of this game that are just so poorly designed. Drives me nuts.
All very well put. It really does boggle the mind how much an established and highly praised studio could pull off so many amateur moves with their game.

It doesn't. VoC has made me lazy. I'm not gonna pull the trigger for every single shot. Too much strain man, I can't handle it anymore.

well fb makes you pull the trigger everytime, so it shoulnt be to bad. currently trying out Another nitc with zen moment, firefly and ap or er. feels like fb!

not bad

LiK

Haha same. Often times I don't even let go of the trigger when switching targets lol. I think full-auto is VoC-exclusive though, unless someone else can confirm it isn't. Then I'm gonna go for that IB scout and spend motes 'till I get full auto.

And slow-down fire rate when ADS for the Auto Rifle.

yea, VoC is the only Scout with auto from what I know. Weird that MIDA doesn't have it and it's an exotic.

All very well put. It really does boggle the mind how much an established and highly praised studio could pull off so many amateur moves with their game.

Bungie thinks very highly of themselves and I feel like it affects their ability to make decisions. If you go back and watch that first vidoc they say shit like "how can anyone top Halo? well I guess we're about to find out." ok dude

Deku Tree

Bungie thinks very highly of themselves and I feel like it affects their ability to make decisions. If you go back and watch that first vidoc they say shit like "how can anyone top Halo? well I guess we're about to find out." ok dude

It's really clear that Bungie has a small vault to save server space and save money. You save is on Bungies servers. From Day 1 Bungie is not designing the game only for the core GAF type players. They consider the small vault to be quite big for the average casual player I think. Hopefully they increase its size.

E92 M3

I recommend everyone listens to the pre-Destiny podcast. The person responsible for player investment is on there and talks about things we really didn't get. One prime example is he didn't people to do pointless grinding.

panda-zebra

That should be the damage dropoff between 1 and 2 levels apart rather than 5 and 10.

Can't disagree. Face enemies in Crota's End and they're [??] when 4 levels above you... other Guardians in IB and it's something like a 10% damage decrease. It's a mysterious universe...

LordofPwn

How's this work? =) I just got PR from VoG last week. I need to get better at sniping in PVP and PR looks like it is ideal for that.

Well in clash if you spawn A side you charge to get on top of the drum, and shoot the other team as they funnel through the doorway.

1 shot headshot and the explosion causes the people next to them to lose their shields, then boom body shot and they're dead. and PR is fast firing, can hold 6 shots, and i spawn with like 18 shots. never need to grab special ammo with it.

Can't disagree. Face enemies in Crota's End and they're [??] when 4 levels above you... other Guardians in IB and it's something like a 10% damage decrease. It's a mysterious universe...

The inconsistency in level damage is infuriating. You can't even scratch an enemy 4 levels above you yet enemies 20 levels below you can kill you, more slowly of course, but they do moderate damage.

I don't care what they choose as long as it is consistent both ways.

I do know there is an memory issuse since the game is cross generations. If it's an memory issue that's cauing the limited vault space then PS3 and Xbox 360 is the technical bottleneck and preventing an increase.

I recommend everyone listens to the pre-Destiny podcast. The person responsible for player investment is on there and talks about things we really didn't get. One prime example is he didn't people to do pointless grinding.

Do you have a link to this?

Macello. 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock.

Thanks man, and it's cool if you only need to do 2.

I'd be game assuming I don't find a group early in the morning lol. Have 3 characters to run with. All 31+

Ha yea sounds good. And no worries if you find a group earlier, I think I'm going to focus on knocking out NF early in the morning then I have a coffee chat with an previous supervisor.

Updated Crota End 3x Tuesday 3PM EST list.

1. Darryl_M_R, Level 32 Hunter (3)
  2. NoThru22 (PSN: Macello) 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock
  3. grimlock33, 31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock [maybe]
  4. moris (PSN: ms1582) 31 Hunter, 32 Titan, 31 Warlock
  5. Open
  6. Open

Looking for experience raiders so we can knock this out fast

That's why VoC is the perfect balance.

Fucking gun won't drop for me. I still want to use it as a primary, despite being only 300 max. I can accept exotics being rare and hard to obtain, but legendaries are a dime a dozen.

It is so disheartening to see Bungie announce VoC as the most used primary in the game but the game refuses to let me get it.

I do know there is an memory issuse since the game is cross generations. If it's an memory issue that's cauing the limited vault space then PS3 and Xbox 360 is the technical bottleneck and preventing an increase.

We'll be able to tell this in 18 months when Destiny 2 comes out. Chances are all the technical upgrades we'll get will simply be from no longer holding onto last gen stuff.

E92 M3

Do you have a link to this?

Thanks man, and it's cool if you only need to do 2.

Ha yea sounds good. And no worries if you find a group earlier, I think I'm going to focus on knocking out NF early in the morning then I have a coffee chat with an previous supervisor.

Updated Crota End 3x Tuesday 3PM EST list.

1. Darryl_M_R, Level 32 Hunter (3)
  2. NoThru22 (PSN: Macello) 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock
  3. grimlock33, 31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock [maybe]
  4. Open
  5. Open
  6. Open

Looking for experience raiders so we can knock this out fast

Link to the Bungie podcast.

commish

It's really clear that Bungie has a small vault to save server space and save money. You save is on Bungies servers. From Day 1 Bungie is not designing the game only for the core GAF type players. They consider the small vault to be quite big for the average casual player I think. Hopefully they increase its size.

Even if that's the case, it's STILL poorly designed. Why not allow us one giant vault instead of breaking it apart into different sections? My armor vault is nearly empty while my weapon vault is maxed. Why can't I just use the 100 or whatever spaces for whatever I want?

Yeah, the PS3/360 bottleneck is brutal. I can't say I blame them for including the PS3/360, but it really does limit things.

Top Bottom