• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

panda-zebra

I do know there is an memory issuse since the game is cross generations. If it's an memory issue that's cauing the limited vault space then PS3 and Xbox 360 is the technical bottleneck and preventing an increase.

Deffo. I've always been of the opinion that Destiny existing on ps360 and retaining content parity is likely a large part of why we're stuck with so many issues with the game. They had no crystal ball to foresee the delay to release or the rapid jump to current gen systems, so it is what it is.

I recommend everyone listens to the pre-Destiny podcast. The person responsible for player investment is on there and talks about things we really didn't get. One prime example is he didn't people to do pointless grinding.

This isn't surprising. Every project Bungie has ever worked on, they've always bit off more than they can chew. We're just lucky that they've got amazing jaw muscles, so what gets through is still enough to make a great game.

moris

Do you have a link to this?

Thanks man, and it's cool if you only need to do 2.

Ha yea sounds good. And no worries if you find a group earlier, I think I'm going to focus on knocking out NF early in the morning then I have a coffee chat with an previous supervisor.

Updated Crota End 3x Tuesday 3PM EST list.

1. Darryl_M_R, Level 32 Hunter (3)
  2. NoThru22 (PSN: Macello) 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock
  3. grimlock33, 31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock [maybe]
  4. moris (PSN: ms1582) 31 Hunter, 32 Titan, 31 Warlock
  5. Open
  6. Open

Looking for experience raiders so we can knock this out fast
I'll join if still available.

Coconut

Banned
It takes about 8 hours in-game. That's pretty quick, if you ask me.

Ha! Yeah, that is easily the worst part.

If you ask me it should be 5 hours or something to run a second character they should give you some type of consumable that increases XP gain for a second character. 8 hours is a lot of time for a person who has seen the end game and just wants some kinda work horse material donkey character.

Do you have a link to this?

Thanks man, and it's cool if you only need to do 2.

Ha yea sounds good. And no worries if you find a group earlier, I think I'm going to focus on knocking out NF early in the morning then I have a coffee chat with an previous supervisor.

3. grimlock33, 31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 32 Warlock [maybe]
  4. Open
  5. Open
  6. Open

Cool beans, and if you need help with NF and Weeklies I'll probably look to do those early as well.

boofa

Neo Member
Probably discussed many times but these threads move way faster than I can keep up with. What is the consensus on CE hard mode and the level cap? Meaning, since the current lvl is listed as 30, but when you get to Crota everything is 32. With the hard mode set at lvl 33, is that going to mean everything starts at 33 and its 35 by the time you hit Crota, or will it just introduce new mechanics/more majors and shields and max out at lvl 33 enemies at Crota?

LiK

This isn't surprising. Every project Bungie has ever worked on, they've always bit off more than they can chew. We're just lucky that they've got amazing jaw muscles, so what gets through is still enough to make a great game.

I still remember that they admitted Halo 2 didn't have an ending cuz they simply ran outta time after scrapping the project a few times, lol

Probably discussed many times but these threads move way faster than I can keep up with. What is the consensus on CE hard mode and the level cap? Meaning, since the current lvl is listed as 30, but when you get to Crota everything is 32. With the hard mode set at lvl 33, is that going to mean everything starts at 33 and its 35 by the time you hit Crota, or will it just introduce new mechanics/more majors and shields and max out at lvl 33 enemies at Crota?

Going off of how VoG went, should be the latter.

Cool beans, and if you need help with NF and Weeklies I'll probably look to do those early as well.

Yea if we see each other on I'm down for running it with you man. Any clue what this week burns and strike for NF and Weekly? People accurate said that this week would be no burn on Mars. I have no clue how they knew 12 hours before.

If you ask me it should be 5 hours or something to run a second character they should give you some type of consumable that increases XP gain for a second character. 8 hours is a lot of time for a person who has seen the end game and just wants some kinda work horse material donkey character.

I completely agree. I know there are certain benefits you get with grimoire points but I don't think they really help speed up the leveling of a new character. I don't want to spend an entire day leveling up a new toon. The storymode makes me want to play with stones.

Added myself to the list in that last post... I'm already in your FL.

lol I only know you as ms in game, I didn't know you were on gaf. For some reason I thought you were just friends of gaffers. Almost like Miles, I have no clue how I met Miles but he's always dropping in parties saying hi and being friendly lol.

E92 M3

Gunplay really holds everything together at the end of the day.

Hard enemies will stay at a consistent 33 through the whole raid. Having a 2 level differential will be less about challenge and more frustration.

mattxt08

Banned
I know I'm posting in advance but is anyone willing to take me on a crota's boss fight run tonight? I have yet to even attempt to fight him and only have checkpoints after the shrieker hallway. On ps4 after 4 30 est.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

No one knows for sure, but I think it'll be level 33 enemies. Level 34 would be pretty rough, and 35 would be nearly impossible.

LTWood12

Ran Atheon last night on Hard (hadn't run normal this week) and only got the timebreaker and some energy. Same for everyone else in the party. Everyone got one material drop and either the ship or sparrow. None of my inventory slots were full. I would assume I should have something at the postmaster, but the website doesn't show anything.

One person went to the tower and had the raid chest armor, corrective measure, and a truth waiting for him at the postmaster. Bungie.net doesn't show anything for me, but I'm not sure that's always accurate. Any experience w/ this? I'm at work, otherwise I'd just boot the game up.

I rage quit Destiny PvP for the first time lol. Some guy with a Thorn was wrecking us. Jesus.

I swear the Thorn is OP. It wouldn't be as bad if my screen didn't turn green and shake so much. . probably going to be the next exotic I save up bounties to level it up if Ballerhorn doesn't drop for me.

-

3. grimlock33, 31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock [maybe]
  4. moris (PSN: ms1582) 31 Hunter, 32 Titan, 31 Warlock
  5. Open
  6. Open

Welcome to the club

In other news, can we pretty safely assume that 32 will be a necessity for HM CE?

Not necessary, but preferred, I'm sure.

Chances are you'll see groups with 1 or 2 31s in there with 32s filling out the bulk.

Just like how Hard VoG would let a couple of 29s slip through.

Even if that's the case, it's STILL poorly designed. Why not allow us one giant vault instead of breaking it apart into different sections? My armor vault is nearly empty while my weapon vault is maxed. Why can't I just use the 100 or whatever spaces for whatever I want?

Yeah, the PS3/360 bottleneck is brutal. I can't say I blame them for including the PS3/360, but it really does limit things.

Does anyone remember how many games were going to be developed for the PS3/360 generation? Is it only Destiny 1? Or will D2 be on the older consoles? I'm referring to the court documents/agreement between Bungie/Activision.

Yea if we see each other on I'm down for running it with you man. Any clue what this week burns and strike for NF and Weekly? People accurate said that this week would be no burn on Mars. I have no clue how they knew 12 hours before.

I completely agree. I know there are certain benefits you get with grimoire points but I don't think they really help speed up the leveling of a new character. I don't want to spend an entire day leveling up a new toon. The storymode makes me want to play with stones.

lol I only know you as ms in game, I didn't know you were on gaf. For some reason I thought you were just friends of gaffers. Almost like Miles, I have no clue how I met Miles but he's always dropping in parties saying hi and being friendly lol.
Archon priest for sure and maybe arc burn?

I rage quit Destiny PvP for the first time lol. Some guy with a Thorn was wrecking us. Jesus.
damn, I really can't see you getting pissed and rage quiting honestly.

zewone

The worst part about the vault space issue is that, while the game was in development, they actually sat around, discussed how much vault space to give players, and determined that this paltry number was the best solution. Really? And why on earth would you make stupid shaders, a cosmetic item, take up vault space and inventory? There are so many aspects of this game that are just so poorly designed. Drives me nuts.

I'm stuck with a completed Urn quest that I need to turn into Xur. Xur is gone and I can't abandon it so I'm going to have 9 bounty slots for a week. So lame.

Why Eris bounties are not in the underused "Mission" area of your inventory blows my mind.

So speaking about the Comet DLC and the new destination of the "Hive Ship" I'm wondering what all enemies we might deal with. I mean, there is really only 4 possible outcomes here:

1) Only hive enemies in this area (rating: boring)

2) Hive primarily with Fallen secondary. Unfortunately, Hive and Fallen already share two destinations (rating: boring)

3) Hive with Vex. I would love to see a Knight and Minotaur go at it. (rating: potential interest)

4) Hive with Cabal. I just want to watch a phalanx melee a group of thralls and send their corpses flying into the distance. (rating: potential interest)

Friend of mine brought up that it's possible the game isn't currently coded for certain enemy on enemy interactions, which could be a shame.

My bets are on Archron Priest with rainbow burn. Haven't seen that combo in a while..

has anyone tried the warlock revice enemy despawn trick anywhere else in the game. That would be bonkers on the archon priest with all thise fallen captians running around

not that I condone that sort of stuff. butthe idea of a rainbow burn on that strike sounds luducriously hard. every enemy will one shot you.

Jinjo

I'm hoping it's rainbow burn on Archron Priest.

Fate Bringer/Black Hammer/Corrective Measures or Truth

Easy NF. If it is just Arc then, Fate Bringer, Light of Abyss, and Thunderlord will be my go to loadout.

With rainbow burn you don't even need to hide. Just stunlock Archon Priest with three people in the beginning of the fight with black hammers and you're done.

hydruxo

It's a cop out really, to have HM be level 33. It's just more artificial difficulty because everyone will be at a disadvantage for it until HoW. There's obviously going to be new mechanics too, but nothing all that interesting. It's just going to be like VoG's detain shields / different Gorgon routes. Stuff like that. I wish they'd made HM stand out more and add a new encounter, but it's not going to happen.

With rainbow burn you don't even need to hide. Just stunlock Archon Priest with three people in the beginning of the fight with black hammers and you're done.

Hey, some of us still haven't been blessed with the blackest hammer of blacky blackened blackness.

Fuck it, I'll just use the G'horn

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, if it's at least solar, then he'll die so fast.

Korosenai

Why can't each individual vault kiosk in the tower be its own separate vault? Then I could have one for VoG gear, CE gear, exotics, etc.

Ambitious

I see no reason to assume they've learned anything.
I expect HoW to be exactly like TDB. Three or four short story missions in recycled areas, a new nonsense-babbling vendor, new commendations, the same exotic upgrade system and an oversized Captain as the raid boss.

Does all this House of Wolves stuff mean we're going to have to re-upgrade Exotics again? And what's the point of busting our asses on the hard raid, when the new vanguard gear will be 32? It should stay at 31. And I read somewhere there will be new vanguard comendations, so the ones I've been collecting will be useless.

In getting tired of this constant grind. This game is turning into an endless grind with no point or purpose. I'll play House of Wolves 'cause I bought the season pass, but after that, I'm out.

It's a cop out really, to have HM be level 33. It's just more artificial difficulty. There's obviously going to be new mechanics too, but nothing all that interesting. It's just going to be like VoG's detain shields / different Gorgon routes. Stuff like that. I wish they'd made HM stand out more and add a new encounter, but it's not going to happen.

my best guess

1 No revives
2 arc shields on boomers and sword bearers
3 gatekeepers on crota fight (got to kill it with the sword before taking down crotas shield)
or
4 wizards during crota fight
5 level 33 thruogh out

dont care, want it here already

want the scout rifle, HC and crux of crota. my maxed Ally is gathering so much dust

DNAbro

I see no reason to assume they've learned anything.
I'm certain that HoW will be exactly like TDB. Three or four short story missions in recycled areas, a new nonsense-babbling vendor, new commendations, the same exotic upgrade system and an oversized Captain as the raid boss.

We are going to get more crucible stuff in HoW though. 4 maps and "new" hardcore game types.

Top Bottom