• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I see no reason to assume they've learned anything.
I'm expect HoW to be exactly like TDB. Three or four short story missions in recycled areas, a new nonsense-babbling vendor, new commendations, the same exotic upgrade system and an oversized Captain as the raid boss.
that would be awesome as weve only had like 3 of them in whole game!

maybe we will get really lucky and get another hydra boss. not nearly enuogh of those. only like 6 or so.
but its fallen so, I would be ok with a gaint shank!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Does all this House of Wolves stuff mean we're going to have to re-upgrade Exotics again? And what's the point of busting our asses on the hard raid, when the new vanguard gear will be 32? It should stay at 31. And I read somewhere there will be new vanguard comendations, so the ones I've been collecting will be useless.

In getting tired of this constant grind. This game is turning into an endless grind with no point or purpose. I'll play House of Wolves 'cause I bought the season pass, but after that, I'm out.

There is no point in grinding hard mode. Once I get my desired weapon, I'll never set foot in there again. I did the same thing with VoG Hard mode. Just stopped playing it completely after I got my FB, and I was totally justified in stopping once the DLC came out. That's kinda why I'm surprised they moved the raid helmet to a normal crota drop. There's not a whole lot of incentive to do the hard mode when you already have a full raid set and know that your raid weapons will be outclassed on March 10th (burns notwithstanding).

DNAbro

Honestly I want hard mode badly mainly because of crux of Crota. I really want Nechrochasm. But got to start grinding normal first so I can get to level 32.

According to the strike chart it's Archon Priest with Arc burn. It's still mostly been accurate with only the Omnigul strike throwing it off.

dust off the 'ol patience and time

from what I've read of necrochasm it doesn't sound that interesting to me.. but i'm not a fan of those low impact, high ROF auto rifles

I'm psyched for the scout rifle and HC tho

hydruxo

my best guess

1 No revives
2 arc shields on boomers and sword bearers
3 gatekeepers on crota fight (got to kill it with the sword before taking down crotas shield)
or
4 wizards during crota fight
5 level 33 thruogh out

dont care, want it here already

want the scout rifle, HC and crux of crota. my maxed Ally is gathering so much dust

I'd also say Oversoul will spawn every few minutes or something during the Crota fight rather than just on every death (which will probably still happen too).

I'm excited for it too.

Daemul

Anybody know if the Iron Banner gear tomorrow will be level 32? I need to get rid of the raid leg armour and its buggy ass Heavy Ammo perk asap.

hydruxo

Anybody know if the Iron Banner gear tomorrow will be level 32? I need to get rid of the raid leg armour and their buggy ass Heavy Ammo perk asap.

They haven't said yet, but I hope so. I'd like to see them finally have the IB helm and chest this time around rather than the leg/gauntlets again though.

Strike chart?
Pulled from Reddit.

4tJEKOy.png

Daemul

They haven't said yet, but I hope so. I'd like to see them finally have the IB helm and chest this time around rather than the leg/gauntlets again though.

Bungie have made Helmets and chest armour so hard to get in this game for some reason. They have lower drop rates in the raid and you need commendations to buy them from vendors. I have no idea what makes them so special.

Two Words

How can there possibly be a lot of hurdles for more vault space? Did they stupidly code it so that vault space was a non-changeable amount on their end?

the best thing about having IB gear be 32 is we wont all have to look the same, we dont have to right now since all 4 raid peices drop on normal and you can easily wear any exotic you want

darkwing

Does all this House of Wolves stuff mean we're going to have to re-upgrade Exotics again? And what's the point of busting our asses on the hard raid, when the new vanguard gear will be 32? It should stay at 31. And I read somewhere there will be new vanguard comendations, so the ones I've been collecting will be useless.

In getting tired of this constant grind. This game is turning into an endless grind with no point or purpose. I'll play House of Wolves 'cause I bought the season pass, but after that, I'm out.

that is why i only upgraded the essential exotics for now, IB, Horn and just playing the game slowly, you can beat NF would be 32, so vanguard gear has to match this at least

no worries though, it is such a long gap from HoW until the next expansion

Bungie have made Helmets and chest armour so hard to get in this game for some reason. They have lower drop rates in the raid and you need commendations to buy them from vendors. I have no idea what makes them so special.
Chests maybe not so much, but helms are all pretty distinct in their design (read: pretty to look at), so it makes sense they'd be a little harder/rarer. May as well make the prettiest things the rarest things.

LMAO. I load up the mission and the first try I get it. Thanks man

congrats! took me like 2 hours of straight trying. about a half hour in my brother in law joins in and gets 2 before I finally get my one.

I finally got 2. one to keep vanilla for sake of collecting
more vault space please

and one that is all maxed out and ready for crux. cant wait to explody thrall everything!

I see why now I have to grind Eris missions. . only way I can get the raid exotic. Fucker. Well at least my grind for the Husk was only 30 seconds. I'm rank 1 with Eris and about 70% to rank 2. . I don't expect to be rank 3 until I even get the Crota exotic drop in HM.

lt519

So what's the best way to get the armor materials? I've just been doing strikes and breaking down green and blue armor pieces but to fully level raid gear it takes 100 pieces. I had saved enough gear to get my Warlock to 28 as soon as I hit 20 and then got some lucky raid drops to get to 30 but have no mats to upgrade to 31. I tried spending glimmer on green gear but it seems a waste to spend 340 for one material.

I leave for like one day and we're already getting invaded by lesbian bears. Dammit GAF

I also think that for the next raid, Randal the Vandal in a giant mecha suit will be the boss. Imagine...

E92 M3

How can there possibly be a lot of hurdles for more vault space? Did they stupidly code it so that vault space was a non-changeable amount on their end?

We don't know their reasoning...similar questions arise about what's going on with the glimmer cap increase.

zewone

So what's the best way to get the armor materials? I've just been doing strikes and breaking down green and blue armor pieces but to fully level raid gear it takes 100 pieces. I had saved enough gear to get my Warlock to 28 as soon as I hit 20 and then got some lucky raid drops to get to 30 but have no mats to upgrade to 31. I tried spending glimmer on green gear but it seems a waste to spend 340 for one material.

Strikes are the best bet. It's really lame that it's such a grind to get this material.

Deku Tree

There is no point in grinding hard mode. Once I get my desired weapon, I'll never set foot in there again. I did the same thing with VoG Hard mode. Just stopped playing it completely after I got my FB, and I was totally justified in stopping once the DLC came out. That's kinda why I'm surprised they moved the raid helmet to a normal crota drop. There's not a whole lot of incentive to do the hard mode when you already have a full raid set and know that your raid weapons will be outclassed on March 10th (burns notwithstanding).

that is why i only upgraded the essential exotics for now, IB, Horn and just playing the game slowly, you can beat NF would be 32, so vanguard gear has to match this at least

no worries though, it is such a long gap from HoW until the next expansion

I am only fully upgrading exotics that I primarily use like Icebreaker etc. And I'm not going out of my way to upgrade anything too fast either.

I think there will be new commendations or some other system because the point of the commendations is to slow progression and letting you use the old ones is now pointless for slowing progression.

I hope they have a better system for upgrading exotics than the last reset system.

Regarding grinding hard mode I wil do it because of the double mats drops and the raid primary weapons and the double exotics RNG rolls and because I think it's going to quickly become easy farm status just like normal mode especially for 32's...

Do you have a link to this?

Thanks man, and it's cool if you only need to do 2.

Ha yea sounds good. And no worries if you find a group earlier, I think I'm going to focus on knocking out NF early in the morning then I have a coffee chat with an previous supervisor.

Updated Crota End 3x Tuesday 3PM EST list.

1. Darryl_M_R, Level 32 Hunter (3)
  2. NoThru22 (PSN: Macello) 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock
  3. grimlock33, 31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock [maybe]
  4. moris (PSN: ms1582) 31 Hunter, 32 Titan, 31 Warlock
  5. Open
  6. Open

Looking for experience raiders so we can knock this out fast

I'm game.
32 Titan, 31 Hunter, 31 Warlock.

We could alternate using our 32s (macello, moris and myself) if we want to maximize each playthrough haha

Rubenov

You will have to explain this because from the stats and perks it doesn't seem like this should be the case. Secret Handshake with the shot package is certainly going to out range a Two to the Morgue.

Secret Handshake range rate: 11

Two to the Morgue range rate: 18

Shot package not enough to compensate the 33% range increase IMO, and has higher impact. Downside is slower ROF.

lt519

Strikes are the best bet. It's really lame that it's such a grind to get this material.

I'm really amazed you can't purchase it. You'd have to break down 100 green gear or 50 blue gear just to upgrade one piece of raid gear. Assuming 1-2 blue armors per strike that's a serious time commitment.

lt519

BTW, you don't have to upgrade all your weapons every DLC. The only time you need fully upgraded weapons is for the raid or Iron Banner and even then you are only using one or two exotics at most.

Ascendant shards? If so, Vault of Glass will net you quite a few when you run through it.

lt519

Ascendant shards? If so, Vault of Glass will net you quite a few when you run through it.

No like plasteel plating, sapphire wire and hadronic essences. It's not a problem on main characters that get extensive playtime (I have like 400 sapphire wire) but if you power level a character to 20 and then equip some exotics and legendaries you have saved you'll find you are ridiculously short on those mats.

Pretty sure it's just Destiny 1 and everything that comes with it.

I just read the contract - it explicitly states in section 2.1 (c) if it can be taken at face value still.

"Destiny Game #2, along with DLC Releases as well as Comet #2, shall be developed... to operate on and be compatible with the Xbox 360, Xbox 720 and the Sony Playstation 4 computer entertainment system... and personal computer with Windows-based operating system ("PC")..."

Looks like the Xbox 360 is going to drag down Destiny 2. No mention of PS3 though.

I'm game.
32 Titan, 31 Hunter, 31 Warlock.

We could alternate using our 32s (macello, moris and myself) if we want to maximize each playthrough haha

Added, sounds good whatever everyone think will be best.

2. NoThru22 (PSN: Macello), 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock
  4. moris (PSN: ms1582), 31 Hunter, 32 Titan, 31 Warlock
  5. xplicitone, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter, 31 Warlock
  6. Open

Looking for 1 more experience raider so we can knock this out fast--plan to have fun though.

SkylineRKR

No like plasteel plating, sapphire wire and hadronic essences. It's not a problem on main characters that get extensive playtime (I have like 400 sapphire wire) but if you power level a character to 20 and then equip some exotics and legendaries you have saved you'll find you are ridiculously short on those mats.

Its a problem indeed. Do ROC on your new character, buy engrams from the Cryptarch. Place every engram you get when playing different chars in the vault for your new one. Thats how I roll and it goes reasonably quick.

E92 M3

I just read the contract - it explicitly states in section 2.1 (c) if it can be taken at face value still.

"Destiny Game #2, along with DLC Releases as well as Comet #2, shall be developed... to operate on and be compatible with the Xbox 360, Xbox 720 and the Sony Playstation 4 computer entertainment system... and personal computer with Windows-based operating system ("PC")..."

Looks like the Xbox 360 is going to drag down Destiny 2. No mention of PS3 though.

No one anticipated the adoption rate of the new consoles, though. I am sure amendments can be made or a separate team can make Destiny 2 to be compatible with old consoles. Similar to how Forza Horizon 2 treats it. I know Bungie doesn't want old consoles dragging things down.

Added, sounds good whatever everyone think will be best.

2. NoThru22 (PSN: Macello), 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock
  4. moris (PSN: ms1582), 31 Hunter, 32 Titan, 31 Warlock
  5. xplicitone, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter, 31 Warlock
  6. Open

Looking for 1 more experience raider so we can knock this out fast--plan to have fun though.
Hm, not sure about the experienced part. Only did flawless twice yesterday.

Okay, I'll stop now. :D

lt519

Its a problem indeed. Do ROC on your new character, buy engrams from the Cryptarch. Place every engram you get from different chars in the vault for your new one.

Oh great call. So if I get a gauntlet engram with my Hunter and put it in the vault and decode it with my Warlock it's more likely to be a Warlock gauntlet? Seems like such a waste to spend glimmer on armor just to break it down, so I'm trying to avoid that but may cave soon.

Top Bottom