• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hm, not sure about the experienced part. Only did flawless twice yesterday.

Okay, I'll stop now. :D

Pssh lol as long as you know what to do we are all good. It's going to be fun and nice to knock the raid out fast tomorrow.

-

Also I hope IB armor is legs (so I don't have to deal with the buggy heavy armor legs) and gauntlets that give faster reload to hand cannons AND special weapons--level 32 armor.

DNAbro

I just read the contract - it explicitly states in section 2.1 (c) if it can be taken at face value still.

"Destiny Game #2, along with DLC Releases as well as Comet #2, shall be developed... to operate on and be compatible with the Xbox 360, Xbox 720 and the Sony Playstation 4 computer entertainment system... and personal computer with Windows-based operating system ("PC")..."

Looks like the Xbox 360 is going to drag down Destiny 2. No mention of PS3 though.

These things can change. Originally Destiny 1 was Xbox exclusive.

So what's the best way to get the armor materials? I've just been doing strikes and breaking down green and blue armor pieces but to fully level raid gear it takes 100 pieces. I had saved enough gear to get my Warlock to 28 as soon as I hit 20 and then got some lucky raid drops to get to 30 but have no mats to upgrade to 31. I tried spending glimmer on green gear but it seems a waste to spend 340 for one material.

The easiest, fastest way is to do VoG Normal Gatekeeper glimmer farm with a group of 3-6 people, the more the better. Max out on Glimmer, go to the vanguard vendor at the Hangar, buy 250 glimmer helmets and dismantle, repeat until you get however many you want/need. You can also have a few of those green helms to equip during the glimmer farm, and each time you level it up, you dismantle it for 2x mats. Way more fun and you level up gear pretty fast.

blackflag

There is no point in grinding hard mode. Once I get my desired weapon, I'll never set foot in there again. I did the same thing with VoG Hard mode. Just stopped playing it completely after I got my FB, and I was totally justified in stopping once the DLC came out. That's kinda why I'm surprised they moved the raid helmet to a normal crota drop. There's not a whole lot of incentive to do the hard mode when you already have a full raid set and know that your raid weapons will be outclassed on March 10th (burns notwithstanding).

This is true but if you play with a fun group of gamers in a regular group it still ends up being super fun. At least for me it does.

I leave for like one day and we're already getting invaded by lesbian bears. Dammit GAF

I also think that for the next raid, Randal the Vandal in a giant mecha suit will be the boss. Imagine...

And Greg the dreg flying around in a giant shank dropping bombs like baby bowser!

dont judge me, just want to see a gaint shank. is that too much to ask!

CLBridges

So, Iron Banner starts tomorrow, hopefully they have something worthwhile to get me to actually play this time around.

I'm thinking Hard raid will be released next Tuesday, gives people time to get gear from IB and level them up in preparation. And then, 2 months from now House of Wolves, where we press reset and do it all again :)

Hm, not sure about the experienced part. Only did flawless twice yesterday.

Okay, I'll stop now. :D

Hahaha that was nothing, i only stopped breathing during the Ogre phase when thrall ransacked my sniping area during our 2nd run. Can't wait to get that video uploaded. Just my screaming might be annoying during that phase. Wish I can disable the mic post video capture haha

Deku Tree

How do I get "the Wakening" grimoire card?
I got the ghost in the mission,
And I did the mission over and over,
But I don't have th card though...

So, Iron Banner starts tomorrow, hopefully they have something worthwhile to get me to actually play this time around.

I'm thinking Hard raid will be released next Tuesday, gives people time to get gear from IB and level them up in preparation. And then, 2 months from now House of Wolves, where we press reset and do it all again :)

The fact that this is a possibility really makes me not even want to kill myself trying Crota's End Hard Mode.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. ErnieMcCracken
4. grimlock33
5. Qwell
6. gutterboy44

Alt 1 Frostburn
Alt 2
Alt 3

I will start sending out invites about 8:50 PM Eastern

Still need 3 alts in case people do not show up. I will send friend requests after work (before 6PM Eastern)

Bumping this, still need alts in case we have some no shows.

E92 M3

Lol...it might push me over the edge. The game is already very taxing for an OCD person such as myself.

PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. ErnieMcCracken
4. grimlock33
5. Qwell
6. gutterboy44

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

I will start sending out invites about 8:50 PM Eastern

Still need 3 alts in case people do not show up. I will send friend requests after work (before 6PM Eastern)

Good luck all!! Y'all can do it!

What helped a lot with us was to plan out and do a practice of Deathsinger and a very short practice of Crota.

SkylineRKR

Oh great call. So if I get a gauntlet engram with my Hunter and put it in the vault and decode it with my Warlock it's more likely to be a Warlock gauntlet? Seems like such a waste to spend glimmer on armor just to break it down, so I'm trying to avoid that but may cave soon.

Yes it will be a Warlock gauntlet. Even legendary chances seem to have been buffed, 3 out of 4 is for the class that decrypts it.

Glimmer isn't that much of a problem when you play ROC, just put on boost items at all time. I get like 2 or 3k after Omnigul.

I'm game.

No! You stop that! There is no smiley to that! Don't encourage Bungie, jeez!

dont worry, the grind from 30-31-32 was not nearly as bad or hard as the grind from 28-30 was pre-expansion. got damn was that a nightmare. mostly becuase the VOG was very stingy handing out armor.
also getting to 28 was rough due to the old crpytarch. thanks to Hawkian everyone got there sooner thuogh
I got gear for 32 on 2 character on back to back CE runs. then it was just grinding for shards. as long as House of wolves has the same smart loot drop system in place it will be a breeze

and if not. no hurry becuase nothing will happen for 6 months after that

E92 M3

Now I wonder if hard mode primaries are guaranteed to drop or will they just mix in with the other weapons? Might take a while to get one, unless Ir Yut can also drop a weapon,

My only hope for tomorrow:

Warlock chest + helm (or even just 1!)
Hunger of Crota.

That's all I want!

got everything I need except the fusion rifle (dont need it really), warlock gloves and shards. lots and lots of shards!

maybe a titan helm so I can equip my beloved armentaruim again. double greneades. why do only warlocks get all the fun in this regard

noomi

Dear RNGesus,

I have played Destiny since launch and there is only one weapon that I desire. The Hawkmoon *kneel*

Please let your greatness shine through me tomorrow and bestow upon me my most precious and desired HandCannon.

tumblr_mmaj6cM2lC1re0idno1_250.gif

dB Viper

For those with Corrective Measure and Preydeth's Timepiece, where do they drop in VoG? And, do they drop more frequently in Hard Mode or Normal Mode?

Yup Rapier Badger seems to be the norm. I have a Badger with Firefly, Explosive rounds and final round. It out DPS the MIDA. But Mida is a far better shot.

ive said it before and ill say it again. I love my Another NITC. will still probably continue to use VOC. I dont care if you do less damage. I still love you

For those with Corrective Measure and Preydeth's Timepiece, where do they drop in VoG? And, do they drop more frequently in Hard Mode or Normal Mode?

corrective measure drops on any difficulty on either GK or atheon. never seen it drop anywhere else. and timepeice only drops on hard atheon. At least thats the only place Ive seen it drop.

Top Bottom