• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Greenymac

Dear RNGesus,

I have played Destiny since launch and there is only one weapon that I desire. The Hawkmoon *kneel*

Please let your greatness shine through me tomorrow and bestow upon me my most precious and desired HandCannon.

tumblr_mmaj6cM2lC1re0idno1_250.gif

In RNGesus' name, let us all pray.
rAmen...

Deku Tree

For those with Corrective Measure and Preydeth's Timepiece, where do they drop in VoG? And, do they drop more frequently in Hard Mode or Normal Mode?

Corrective Measure and Preydeth's Timepiece and Heazen Vengence all drop at Gatekeepers I believe. Preydeth's Timepiece is HM only.

For those with Corrective Measure and Preydeth's Timepiece, where do they drop in VoG? And, do they drop more frequently in Hard Mode or Normal Mode?
From what I remember, corrective measure drops on gatekeeper normal or hard. The timepiece only drops on gatekeeper hard.

Edit: still salty I messed up during crota's end flawless attemp a few times. Maybe I should stick with VoG flawless haha :/

SkylineRKR

corrective measure drops on any difficulty on either GK or atheon. never seen it drop anywhere else. and timepeice only drops on hard atheon. At least thats the only place Ive seen it drop.

Timepiece drops from Gatekeepers Heroic only. Measure drops from both Normal and Heroic Gatekeeper.

I was not paying attention. I really don't know how I didn't notice. I blame the fact that it was on mute.

The dagger?

2 shards.

Sorry for your loss. I'm a little worried about doing something like this. I keep all my exotic armor, old VoG armor, and 33 legendaries on all my characters. When I get dupe pieces of raid gear, I'm always worried I'm going to shard the wrong one.

purg3

slept with Malkin
corrective measure drops on any difficulty on either GK or atheon. never seen it drop anywhere else. and timepeice only drops on hard atheon. At least thats the only place Ive seen it drop.

Timepiece drops from Gatekeepers. Got it last week for the first time.

Timepiece drops from Gatekeepers Heroic only. Measure drops from both Normal and Heroic Gatekeeper.

ahh, thats where i got. I knew it was near the end of the raid. not sure where. That was a pretty awesome run. got FB, timepeice and vex on one go. ( had the vex already though). it was at that point I said "I think im done here"

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Having to rewatch all the shitty cutscenes was what made it even more of a chore. I still can't believe there's no way to skip cutscenes especially the scenes in the Reef.

As much as those scenes are a chore to rewatch, it does not cease to amuse me that I can use the Queen's Wrath ship and still be treated like an enemy.

At what rank do Crucible packages provide a weapon or armour piece?

Is it just random?

Been playing a lot of Crucible finally and got to rank 3 early last week and rank 4 yesterday. Both packages just had the commendation and some shards/energy.

Seems like I get something from Vanguard packages all the time but so far nothing from Crucible. My Vanguard is over rank 20 however, with Crucible almost at rank 5 now.

Timepiece drops from Gatekeepers. Got it last week for the first time.

I'm still missing a ton of VoG raid weapons, despite a bunch of hard raid completions. Still need fatebringer, time piece, corrective measure, and the foil. I think the new CE drops have made up for it a bit, since I only need the black hammer. Would still like to get the VoG weapons eventually, but I'm down to running it once full, atheon x3, gatekeepers usually twice. Not maxing my chances for fatebringer, but I just can run 3 full ones and still keep up with everything else.

Deku Tree

At what rank do Crucible packages provide a weapon or armour piece?

Is it just random?

Been playing a lot of Crucible finally and got to rank 3 early last week and rank 4 yesterday. Both packages just had the commendation and some shards/energy.

Seems like I get something from Vanguard packages all the time but so far nothing from Crucible. My Vanguard is over rank 20 however, with Crucible almost at rank 5 now.

Its random starting at rank 3. No difference in the drops at the ranks higher than 3.

I was levelling an exotic chest piece. And the time to dismantle a legendary isn't THAT much longer than a regular piece. An exotic is the one that takes forever.

super sorry to hear that. hopefully you will get another tomorrow with better perks! My titan chest peice sucks. pulse rifle, shotgun ammo and strength to boot. litteraly the worst possible roll you could get

Ourobolus

Banned
super sorry to hear that. hopefully you will get another tomorrow with better perks! My titan chest peice sucks. pulse rifle, shotgun ammo and strength to boot. litteraly the worst possible roll you could get

I should hit Eris level 4 soon enough (few more days) so the pain won't be too bad. Still annoying if it doesn't drop again though.

i haven't done the raid this week, or the weekly, or the nightfall....or the dailies....

shit, i don't think i played this week

WAIT, IT'S MONDAY?!

eLlPmEL.gif

noomi

Hey, let me in on that.

Hawkmoons for everyone!

Truthfully though.... I feel like the game doesn't want to give it to me because it is really the only thing that drives me to play each day... Everything else I now have, or I just don't care about as much

If I ever get the hawkmoon then what? What pink dragon will I chase?

Wanted to post pics of my character.

My hunter in his natural habitat: standing above a dead Titan (or Warlock) [We awoken the hive] getting ready for shit to pop off.

SVqV51N.jpg

Whelp then we can forget all of that talk of getting three exotic rolls tomorrow with the first chest and Crota and then the deathsinger after the patch...

I truly believe Reddit is the reason they are making sure this update comes out today. . there was a big thread about it.

E92 M3

Update will be deployed today.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Help

Sneaky Bungie. When there is most to gain, they deploy on a Monday lol.

I truly believe Reddit is the reason they are making sure this update comes out today. . there was a big thread about it.

That's why I was surprised so many people were openly talking about it. Bungie could have had plans to launch it Tuesday, but decided to go ahead and it today to shut people down =/ Darn.

I finally got the Vex Mythoclast I know this is worth upgrading since it goes above 300.
What about my Vision of Confluence?

Do I upgrade it or is it useless now?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wait, if it comes out today, doesn't that mean we can kill death singers and get loot tonight?

Edit: The way I see it, there will have to be another "loot checkpoint" added to the game, and that won't be marked as "cleared" just yet...

E92 M3

And people say Bungie don't know what they're doing lol. I'm in for some Hard VoG after patch though...PSN: GhostFaceDon

I think if things were on the downlow, they would have launched Tuesday as planned, but since there was so much talk about exploiting the time frame they accelerated the process. They didn't have any lock in place for the chest. They're just making sure we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Deku Tree

Wait, if it comes out today, doesn't that mean we can kill death singers and get loot tonight?

Lolz yeah good idea... I skipped the deathsinger completely this week. Anyone want to team up to kill the death singer 3x times tonight?

EDIT:

Maybe we should check Deathsinger drop after the patch and before the reset tomorrow.

absolutely.

I think if things were on the downlow, they would have launched Tuesday as planned, but since there was so much talk about exploiting the time frame they accelerated the process. They didn't have any lock in place for the chest. They're just making sure we can't have our cake and eat it too.

If you skipped the Deathsinger this week like me then it's worth it to try it after the patch though.

Whelp then we can forget all of that talk of getting three exotic rolls tomorrow with the first chest and Crota and then the deathsinger after the patch...

Maybe we should check Deathsinger drop after the patch and before the reset tomorrow.

Edit: Damn I type too slow lol.

Top Bottom