• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Bogeypop

Dear RNGesus,

I have played Destiny since launch and there is only one weapon that I desire. The Hawkmoon *kneel*

Please let your greatness shine through me tomorrow and bestow upon me my most precious and desired HandCannon.

In RNGesus' name, let us all pray.
rAmen...

ZJZ7KbZ.png
So sayeth the Prophet. On a related note, I know it's pointless to ask during a weekday morning, but about to run some Roc Strikes if anyone wants to join. If not it's PUGs-ville for me.

Nuszka

Wait, if it comes out today, doesn't that mean we can kill death singers and get loot tonight?

Edit: The way I see it, there will have to be another "loot checkpoint" added to the game, and that won't be marked as "cleared" just yet...

That would be awsome , think i have the checkpoint on my warlock and titan

So whose up for the deathsinger tonight?

EDIT: I don't see why anyone skipped it to begin with. it is not a difficult task to get through with.

Lolz yeah good idea... I skipped the deathsinger completely this week. Anyone want to team up to kill the death singer 3x times tonight?

If you skipped the Deathsinger this week like me then it's worth it to try it after the patch though.

I'd be down! I should have the CP on one of my characters.

Cab somebody pls give me some chest checkpoints? :( I need gear.

On xbox gt is IHaveAnIce send invite pls
might have a hard time finding that checkpoint since the majority of the users here are on ps4. There are some Xbox one players however :)

Maybe we should check Deathsinger drop after the patch and before the reset tomorrow.

Edit: Damn I type too slow lol.
Nahh this thread just moves too fast.

phen0m24

hah! No wai! So much for everyone (including me) that thought they could cheat the system tomorrow morning. Oh well..... In a way it's kind of a relief knowing.

I'm ok with this.

Helped a buddy get 2 pieces of raid gear on Saturday as he was only a 27. His buddy wanted me to assist him with the fromage but looks like he's out of luck.

To the VoG you go!! :)

PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. ErnieMcCracken
4. grimlock33
5. Qwell
6. gutterboy44

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

I will start sending out invites about 8:50 PM Eastern

Still need 3 alts in case people do not show up. I will send friend requests after work (before 6PM Eastern)

Dr_LawyerCop here, think I have to drop out of this. Going to be working a bit late tonight and don't think I'll have the energy when I get home. Good luck fellow guardians!

Notes are up

Activity Rewards
Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events
In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins

PVP
Maps
Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner* playlists:
The Anomaly
Asylum
The Burning Shrine
Iron Banner*
Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
Playlist weapon drops
Level 32 Sniper Rifle
Level 32 Auto Rifle
Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear
Level 32 Hand Cannon
Level 32 Rocket Launcher
Level 32 Gauntlets
Level 31 Boots

Weapons
On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade

Raids
Vault of Glass
Exotic weapon drops (though still very infrequent) are now Level 32
Crota’s End
Rewards
Treasure chests now contain Radiant Materials
The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
Pit Encounter
Pillars of Light no longer launch players into the air when they explode
Bridge Encounter
Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter
Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword
Deathsinger Encounter
Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger
The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials
Crota Encounter
Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter
Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits
Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability
Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active

Lolz yeah good idea... I skipped the deathsinger completely this week. Anyone want to team up to kill the death singer 3x times tonight?

EDIT:

absolutely.

If you skipped the Deathsinger this week like me then it's worth it to try it after the patch though.

hmm, I have deasthsinger checkpoint on all three chacacters. I grabbed the 2nd chest last. someone should test this theory and see if deathsinger drops rad mats or exotics today. then we dont have to wait. same result really just a tad harder

realcZk

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12485

well played bungeee, patch before reset :)

The Dark Below infused Destiny with new content, along with some new issues that we have sought to correct. With this update, we’re paying special attention to the Crota’s End Raid - along with weapons, arenas, and rewards for other activities. Iron Banner is also being prepared to return.

Activity Rewards
  • Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events
  • In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins
PVP
Maps
Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner* playlists:
  • The Anomaly
  • Asylum
  • The Burning Shrine
Iron Banner*
  • Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
Playlist weapon drops
  • Level 32 Sniper Rifle
  • Level 32 Auto Rifle
  • Level 32 Hand Cannon
  • Level 32 Rocket Launcher
  • Level 32 Gauntlets
  • Level 31 Boots

Weapons
  • On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade

Raids
Vault of Glass
  • Exotic weapon drops (though still very infrequent) are now Level 32
Crota’s End
  • Treasure chests now contain Radiant Materials
  • The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
  • Pit Encounter
  • Pillars of Light no longer launch players into the air when they explode
Bridge Encounter
  • Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter
  • Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword
Deathsinger Encounter
  • Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger
  • The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials
  • Crota Encounter
  • Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter
  • Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability
  • Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active

Deku Tree

Bungie said:
In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins

lulz. It took them more than four months until Mid January to remove the 5 strange coins reward from NF...

Mindlog

Update will be deployed today.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Help
Get those flawless runs in now!
It won't be that much harder ;]
Video of the Crota fight from our Flawless run last night

We wanted to take it somewhat slowly to avoid our sword carrier from getting killed by Crota, so it took more swords than usual. The second round of ogres came out early and caught us off-guard so we had to improvise, and then we took the last swordbearer down a bit too soon when Crota was still over to the left. Plus we were super close to hitting enrage but we got it done in time!
Bahahahaha. Stupid, Ogres.
Also that silly sword bearer risking everything to land an extra heavy while Crota is still invincible. I tried uploading mine earlier, but it was corrupted from the USB transfer. Weird.

Daemul

Vader-noooo.gif

The nightfall loot table has become even more heavily inflated.

Level 31 Boots

post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbeli-SVhg.gif

Why is everything else level 32 except for the boots? This better be a fucking typo.

E92 M3

I am not surprised if they launched this early because of people planning to get extra stuff. In the update they clearly stated it will be Tuesday at the earliest.

zewone

Official update patch notes:

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix---01122015/en/News/News?aid=12485

Also, lawl:

"On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade"

is Level 31 boots a typo? Everything else is level 32.

Did you do Ir Yut 3x this week? People are going to check if you get the drop after the patch... I skipped it 3x so I might be able to get three drops before the reset...
Hmm...No, I only did that portion once...not a bad idea.

LiK

First time I ran the Nightfall I was really hoping for some sweet loot...got 6 strange coins. That was a pretty big downer, so I'm glad they're at least buffing it up to 9.

Before TDB and patches, I would get 9-10 coins in NF. Something probably happened when they patched the game before, as usual.

blackflag

Hand cannon and RL? I'll be all over that IB. Re-rolling like a hundred times.

I didn't do death singer at all this week. Gonna need to find a 3x group later today

Top Bottom