• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay: http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix---01122015/en/News/News?aid=12485
Activity Rewards
Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events (Public Event Dailies are apparently rewarding Radiant materials, for the moment)
In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins

PVP
Maps
Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner* playlists:
The Anomaly
Asylum
The Burning Shrine

Iron Banner*

Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
Playlist weapon drops
Level 32 Sniper Rifle
Level 32 Auto Rifle
Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear
Level 32 Hand Cannon
Level 32 Rocket Launcher
Level 32 Gauntlets
Level 31 Chest

Weapons
On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade

Raids
Vault of Glass
Exotic weapon drops (though still very infrequent) are now Level 32

Crota’s End
Rewards

Treasure chests now contain Radiant Materials
The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger

Pit Encounter
Pillars of Light no longer launch players into the air when they explode

Bridge Encounter
Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter
Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword

Deathsinger Encounter
Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger
The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials

Crota Encounter
Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter
Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits
Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability
Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active
Bolds are added by me, for notable points. Looks like the standouts for purchase from IB this time are Timur's Lash and the RL at 331, and 36 Light gloves.

Sullichin

Will reroll that Iron Banner rocket launcher until I get a larger magazine and tracking. Highest impact RL.

Edit: Those Gafers that know me, know I'll be playing a lot of Iron Banner. If anyone wants to play also (I often have groups going) add me - Rubenov25

Where can you see the new weapons?

zewone

Will reroll that Iron Banner rocket launcher until I get a larger magazine and tracking. Highest impact RL.

Edit: Those Gafers that know me, know I'll be playing a lot of Iron Banner. If anyone wants to play also (I often have groups going) add me - Rubenov25
Don't sleep on proximity explosions. Find it more useful than tracking.

Why did we skip Deathsinger?

1) No loot

2) Hardest part of CE

3) Adds give zero XP/Glimmer

Bungie gave us a reason to do it again
The weekly group I run in with (R0ckman, ArkkAngel007, lazybones18) always do it every week. It's just such a simple part, I guess we've never actually talked about skipping it before. Ha!

LiK

The weekly group I run in with (R0ckman, ArkkAngel007, lazybones18) always do it every week. It's just such a simple part, I guess we've never actually talked about skipping it before. Ha!

First two parts and Crota himself was so short and easy that just thinking of doing Deathsinger was a chore, lol

blackflag

Hopefully tracking is a possibility.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If the first chest is reloaded on top of the unexpected turn with public events, that's enough of a bonus for me, won't be too disappointed if pre-reset Deathsinger is a bust.

Wait so I have to learn how to play the Crota raid legit now?

That's just great. I have no idea what to do. I only know how to beat it beginning to end with cheese.

Got some radiant shards from the daily, feels good!
So, if the update I just grabbed means that the changes are now in place and I have the chests for Crota's end/have killed the Deathsinger does that mean I can still go back and get rewards for killing it again?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got some radiant shards from the daily, feels good!
So, if the update I just grabbed means that the changes are now in place and I have the chests for Crota's end/have killed the Deathsinger does that mean I can still go back and get rewards for killing it again?
Wait, daily as in the Daily Heroic Story? Or the Public Event mail?

Bogeypop

http://www.twitch.tv/boogiepop/c/5865657

The "Exotic" Engrams drop happens at around 1:09

The disappointment when I don't see them in my inventory happens at 4:53

When I realize it was actually the Decoherent Engrams in my inventory that were the false "Exotic" Engrams I quickly decrypt and salvage them at 6:19

A lot of downtime in the video because I was posting on GAF D:

Top Bottom