• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Discovered last night you don't get any ammo replenishment if you sit up in the Valus cheese spot

All my weapons were empty, five minutes passed and no restock. Guess I was inadvertently AFK'ing haha

It is because Juggler is on. You don't get the restock when Juggler is enabled.

Thanks you, so I will upgrade those two, but store Praedyth.

you could do a alot worse for a void sniper. it was my goto sniper until I got ice breaker. I believe it has explosve rounds or firelfy or something which helps put it into a higher class. hits kinda low though. best sniper for sale thuogh is the LDR 5000 from the vangauard.

Ji66a-Man

If the enemies still despawn by going into the SB room, couldn't one stand on the center plate afterwards, get the SB to come to you, kill him, then cross the bridge with the sword and kill adds/ogres? Or am I missing something?

The annihilator totems will kill you if activate the bridge solo.

Someone was talking about Hard Mode differences for Crota's End.

Here are my predictions:

Abyss
-Lanturn have a 2 second shorter fuse.

Bridge
-Same

Ir Yut
-Same

Crota
-Crota summons the oversoul every minute as he gets to his new destination (left/right/center)

Anything past that will surprise me.

Mindlog

You can't snipe across the bridge solo. The Annihilator totems do a proximity check before Ogres spawn. If it's the same check as when you solo then only one player needs to be across.

I don't know what restarts adds on your side. If they restart when the bridge is built it will restore some challenge. Otherwise you can spawn additional sword bearers without spawning more adds. For now I'm guessing 1 person across the bridge and everyone else sniping will work.
If the enemies still despawn by going into the SB room, couldn't one stand on the center plate afterwards, get the SB to come to you, kill him, then cross the bridge with the sword and kill adds/ogres? Or am I missing something?
You used to be able to solo build the bridge. I don't know if this is still possible because the totem timing seems much more aggressive.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Discovered last night you don't get any ammo replenishment if you sit up in the Valus cheese spot

All my weapons were empty, five minutes passed and no restock. Guess I was inadvertently AFK'ing haha

If juggler was on, I don't think you get ammo replenishment period.

Here are my predictions:

Abyss

Bridge
-Same

Ir Yut
-Same

Crota
-Crota summons the oversoul every minute as he gets to his new destination (left/right/center)

Remember that hard mode of VoG added detain bubbles to Templar and Atheon and Bungie said we would need to learn a few new tricks. I don't forsee anything drastic, but a few small additions like that are to be expected.

Bogeypop

That video "proof" is embarrassing.

This will be a day of reckoning.

Crota has had enough of all your assortment of dairy products! He requires flesh now! The flesh of those who thought dairy would be enough to sustain him! No more! He will gnaw on your bones! The truest source of calcium that he so craves!

Don't Touch Me gloves for hunters. :)

ive soloed the 1st part of crotas end quite a few times without cheese. no rocket jumps for me.
hunter blinked striked his way a ton and titan has bubble blinded all thrall and double shield punched his way to victory. cant do it with a warlock sadly. flame shield doesnt help enough

hydruxo

Yeah this happened to my friend yesterday, never replenished for him either

Hey glimmer team I might be on closer to 4:45, have to make a stop at usps, then the gym and then back to my apartment. Once I hit 25K glimmer I will be set for this reset and IB. First time I'm actually going to care about doing IB.

realcZk

im guessing you can still solo the lamps phase by jumping from the second rock to the ledge without using the lamp at all

just remove the rock bungie! :)

Deku Tree

Here are my predictions:

Abyss

Bridge
-Same

Ir Yut
-Same

Crota

Sounds... very... easy... ugh.

Remember that hard mode of VoG added detain bubbles to Templar and Atheon and Bungie said we would need to learn a few new tricks. I don't forsee anything drastic, but a few small additions like that are to be expected.

New tricks are going to be dealing with Oversoul, I'm telling you.

Templar always had detain shields when his shield dropped. They just migrated that mechanic to Aetheon as well. So it wasn't a new mechanic to learn. It was the same mechanic in a new area.

So the only real differences from normal and hard VoG are as follows:

-Level of enemies
-No revives
-More gorgons in the Labrynth
-Aethon has borrowed the Templar's Detain shields.

Mindlog

Hard Mode:
We haven't seen Crota poisoning the air.
We haven't seen vestiges.
ive soloed the 1st part of crotas end quite a few times without cheese. no rocket jumps for me.
hunter blinked striked his way a ton and titan has bubble blinded all thrall and double shield punched his way to victory. cant do it with a warlock sadly. flame shield doesnt help enough
Solar Grenades and Sunbreakers are really great for this purpose. It's a poor Titan's mini-bubble.

olympia

Is it gauche to ask about a CE cheese video? I think I saw it here, it might be relevant post-patch. Someone used a grenade to do the lantern shortcut in the first part.

Top Bottom