• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

FirewalkR

Just checked my post master to find a Vex Mythoclast and Red Death. I didn't bother checking it over the weekend. xD

Exact same loot I got from Atheon once.

Except I also got a MIDA Multi-tool from probably the Templar on the same raid. Never again was RNG so generous!

MildSoss

New tricks are going to be dealing with Oversoul, I'm telling you.

Templar always had detain shields when his shield dropped. They just migrated that mechanic to Aetheon as well. So it wasn't a new mechanic to learn. It was the same mechanic in a new area.

So the only real differences from normal and hard VoG are as follows:

-Level of enemies
-No revives
-More gorgons in the Labrynth
-Aethon has borrowed the Templar's Detain shields.
I bet they add some thing like not letting the same person pick up the sword twice in a row to take down crota.

Someone was talking about Hard Mode differences for Crota's End.

Here are my predictions:

Abyss
-Lanturn have a 2 second shorter fuse.

Bridge
-Same

Ir Yut
-Same

Crota
-Crota summons the oversoul every minute as he gets to his new destination (left/right/center)

Anything past that will surprise me.

Oversoul with each sword bearer kill. Force u to choose how to split your Dps.

olympia

Asking on a new page:

Is it gauche to ask about a CE cheese video? I think I saw it here, it might be relevant post-patch. Someone used a grenade to do the lantern shortcut in the first part.

realcZk

Didn't know this was possible? There a video of this somewhere?

There probably is, but if you're on the rock and you don't have a high stack of weight of the darkness, you can turn around and jump off the rock using titan jump or warlock (hunters can probably do it too never tried), and make it to the ledge. Don't need to be launched at all

On Reddit they say that Ir Yut starts her song as soon as you leave the hallway and that it doesn't matter if you aggro the knights or not. That could throw a wrench into a few flawless runs.

Trace

Banned
Asking on a new page:

Is it gauche to ask about a CE cheese video? I think I saw it here, it might be relevant post-patch. Someone used a grenade to do the lantern shortcut in the first part.

Warlocks and Titans can go from a rock next to the third lamp to fly over the wall and solo the rest of it, Hunter's can't but Don't Touch Me makes the entire encounter trivial to solo.

hydruxo

On Reddit they say that Ir Yut starts her song as soon as you leave the hallway and that it doesn't matter if you aggro the knights or not. That could throw a wrench into a few flawless runs.

Yep. Happened to us when we tried right after the patch hits.

Also, DeeJ is telling people in the thread that Ir Yut will drop loot TODAY even though others are contradicting him. Maybe picking up the first chest before the reset killed our chances?

Asking on a new page:

The grenade didn't do anything.

Sit on the rock until weight of darkness is gone and glide up to ledge.

EL CUCO

Patch is active already? Wow interesting. Didn't expect that until tomorrow. Crota Cut The Cheese
uvNH4lZ.jpg

Damn, that sucks. What is the official real way to attempt this fight then? Still just lure out the wizards, pop the Shriekers, and then go gangbusters on Ir Yut?
Funny from one of the most prestigious guns to the weakest exotic (numerically).
It's still my go-to weapon. I love Auto Rifles and I am already accustomed to its playstyle. I've not found another AR to change my mind about it yet, either.

Also, DeeJ is telling people in the thread that Ir Yut will drop loot TODAY even though others are contradicting him. Maybe picking up the first chest before the reset killed our chances?

Yeah, Pretty sure it swapped the loot table with the first chest. If you got the chest, you already got the Ir Yut drop.

E92 M3

Damn, that sucks. What is the official real way to attempt this fight then? Still just lure out the wizards, pop the Shriekers, and then go gangbusters on Ir Yut?

It's still my go-to weapon. I love Auto Rifles and I am already accustomed to its playstyle. I've not found another AR to change my mind about it yet, either.

Same here, but it's just something that chills in the back of my mind.

Yes if you didn't grab the first chest yet I think.

But then you get another go at the chest, but no chance at exotics/armor. I guess it's fair.

boofa

Neo Member
Really sad that I ignored Eris for so long, got 4 more energies for my stack on the chest refresh. I would have enough shards to max 2 pieces if I were at level 4. Instead I'm only knocking on the door of lvl 3. At least 2 weeks before I can hit lvl 4.

Iron Banner*
Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear
Level 32 Hand Cannon
Level 32 Rocket Launcher
Level 32 Gauntlets
Level 31 Chest

Aw cmon Bungie. The one Raid gear piece I have is the gauntlets :[ More importantly, still no helmet?

Bogeypop

So I think I'm seeing a trend. This passed weekend Roc pugs were fine for the most part. It seems weekday pugs are where the terrible behavior and horrible players are. Had so many teams where I left the strike playlist immediately after the first strike.

Alright so based on the patch and everyone's experiments we know that:

1. The Vex drops at 323 and my soul is saved
2. You can get radiant mats from the 1st chest in CE even if you got it already
3. Public events give radiant mats in the daily reward package
4. Ir Yut roll is not available (maybe because you got the 1st chest earlier in the week) or it is available if you did not grab the chest yet

Anything I am missing?

Top Bottom