• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1/12 Patch Answers and Clarification
  • Cheese fixes that allowed easy soloing of the first half of CE have been fixed, as well as the disconnect and Sunsinger cheese for Crota, live now.
  • The first chest (pit chest), whether or not it had been previously claimed, has been reloaded with radiant mats- grab them before the reset.
  • Ir Yut, the Deathsinger, has been updated to drop loot including an Exotic chance, however for people who have already completed the raid this week the drop is not occurring. Unconfirmed if loot will drop from her for someone who has not yet done CE this week. It's possible that the pre-reset loot tables got linked, meaning that if you get the first chest again, that's what counts as your Deathsinger loot until the reset.
  • At the bridge, players must make it across to complete the encounter. However, the cheese to run into the Swordbearer's room and despawn enemies on the starting side still works, for pansies who can't handle a few thralls and knights while defending the bridge. :D
  • Ir Yut's timer trigger, I.E. "The Deathsinger prepares her song," now occurs when you run out of the hallway automatically (without any aggro on the Knights)
  • Daily Public Event Rewards have been giving Radiant Mats, but this may be a bug. Daily Heroic Story missions still seem to only reward Ascendant Mats.
  • Iron Banner is live at reset, 1:00AM PST on 1/13, and the notable items for purchase include:
    • 331 Hand Cannon
    • 331 Rocket Launcher
    • 36 Light Gloves.
    There is also a 33 Light chestpiece available, and the Sniper Rifle and Auto Rifle can drop from the playlist rewards at the end of matches. IB gear still takes Ascendant Shards including the level 32 gloves.
  • Any equipped IB weapon can be rerolled for new perks at the IB Vendor for 2 motes of light.
  • Don't forget the Tempered buff, lasting 12 hours, which can be purchased from the IB Vendor for 1 mote of light and increases IB rep gain. The % boost will itself increase every day, so while it is always worth it to have the buff equipped, it will be most potent toward the next reset (specifically, if you really want anything from IB this time, it's definitely worth doing a lot of it on the weekend 1/17-1/18).
  • Exotics that drop from the Vault of Glass are now 331 attack versions. The Vex Mythoclast is still locked to its unique 323 attack level for the moment.
  • Maps (Asylum, Anomaly and Burning Shrine) have been added to most PvP playlists, including Iron Banner.

hydruxo

Alright so based on the patch and everyone's experiments we know that:

1. The Vex drops at 323 and my soul is saved
2. You can get radiant mats from the 1st chest in CE even if you got it already
3. Public events give radiant mats in the daily reward package
4. Ir Yut roll is not available (maybe because you got the 1st chest earlier in the week) or it is available if you did not grab the chest yet

Anything I am missing?

Ir Yut starts her song as soon as you go out the hallway where you spawn now, doesn't matter if you don't aggro the knights or not

LiK

4. Ir Yut roll is not available (maybe because you got the 1st chest earlier in the week) or it is available if you did not grab the chest yet

Anything I am missing?

Nami's RNG luck is still sickenly good

exYle

Someone was talking about Hard Mode differences for Crota's End.

Here are my predictions:

Abyss
-Lanturn have a 2 second shorter fuse.

Bridge
-Same

Ir Yut
-Same

Crota
-Crota summons the oversoul every minute as he gets to his new destination (left/right/center)

Anything past that will surprise me.

Weight of Darkness will go to x20 and completely immobilize you

Anything I am missing?

Ir Yut song starts once you leave the hallway.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I think I'm seeing a trend. This passed weekend Roc pugs were fine for the most part. It seems weekday pugs are where the terrible behavior and horrible players are. Had so many teams where I left the strike playlist immediately after the first strike.

Honestly, I've done about 50 pug Roc strikes the last few weeks, and I've yet to have anyone go AFK or anything like that. In fact, I don't think I've even had a strike where BOTH left. Sure, one may leave, but never both.

Sullichin

1/12 Patch Answers and Clarification
  • Cheese fixes that allowed easy soloing of the first half of CE have been fixed, as well as the disconnect and Sunsinger cheese for Crota, live now.
  • The first chest (pit chest), whether or not it had been previously claimed, has been reloaded with radiant mats- grab them before the reset.
  • Ir Yut, the Deathsinger, has been updated to drop loot including an Exotic chance, however for people who have already completed the raid this week the drop is not occurring. Unconfirmed if loot will drop from her for someone who has not yet done CE this week. It's possible that the pre-reset loot tables got linked, meaning that if you get the first chest again, that's what counts as your Deathsinger loot until the reset.
  • At the bridge, players must make it across to complete the encounter. However, the cheese to run into the Swordbearer's room and despawn enemies on the starting side still works, for pansies who can't handle a few thralls and knights while defending the bridge. :D
  • Daily Public Event Rewards now include Radiant Mats. Daily Heroic Story missions still seem to only reward Ascendant Mats.
  • Iron Banner is live, and the notable items for purchase include:
    • 331 Hand Cannon
    • 331 Rocket Launcher
    • 36 Light Gloves.
    There is also a 33 Light chestpiece available, and the Sniper Rifle and Auto Rifle can drop from the playlist rewards at the end of matches. IB gear still takes Ascendant Shards including the level 32 gloves.
  • Any equipped IB weapon can be rerolled for new perks at the IB Vendor for 2 motes of light.
  • Don't forget the Tempered buff, lasting 12 hours, which can be purchased from the IB Vendor for 1 mote of light and increases IB rep gain. The % boost will itself increase every day, so while it is always worth it to have the buff equipped, it will be most potent toward the next reset (specifically, if you really want anything from IB this time, it's definitely worth doing a lot of it on the weekend 1/17-1/18).
  • Exotics that drop from the Vault of Glass are now 331 attack versions. The Vex Mythoclast is still locked to its unique 323 attack level for the moment.
  • Maps (Asylum, Anomaly and Burning Shrine) have been added to most PvP playlists, including Iron Banner.
I thought IB wasn't up until reset?

I don't know if this has been clarified but I already finished the raid this week but I didn't play fight the Deathsinger part at all, If I do it now will it drop loot for me?

realcZk

I don't know if this has been clarified but I already finished the raid this week but I didn't play fight the Deathsinger part at all, If I do it now will it drop loot for me?

probably not if you got the first chest already... my guess is the "loot ID" of the first chest was moved to Ir Yut and the first chest was given a new "loot ID". This is how players are able to loot the first chest again after having previously got it, but Ir Yut doesnt drop anything. I bet if you didnt get the first chest yet this week Ir Yut will drop something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
not confirmed, but shaky reports are that you still won't get the drop. Have you gotten the first chest again a second time yet?

Trace

Banned
Anyone have a group going for IB tomorrow? First time I've actually set up a "PvP" build, tried it out in rumble and got 10 kill streak two times in a row.

My experience from last time I played IB is that GAF >>> Randoms.

Shito

Seeing how they specifically say "ascendant" materials when talking about the daily public event fix, I'm 99% sure radiant materials will quickly get patched out of the loot table.

Jinjo

Lol. All double exotic roll dreams shattered. Told you guys.

IB loot is good. Will play with my warlock I think. Shame the chest is only light 33.

Top Bottom