• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

EL CUCO

My guess is Hard mode will be the following:

-More Wizards.
-vestiges every where.
-No revives.

Edit: Top guess for top page

Anyone have a group going for IB tomorrow? First time I've actually set up a "PvP" build, tried it out in rumble and got 10 kill streak two times in a row.

My experience from last time I played IB is that GAF >>> Randoms.
I'm sure we're going to have lots of groups going. I know I am going to focus on Iron Banner this week, as I am actually going to have the time.

E92 M3

Lol. All double exotic roll dreams shattered. Told you guys.

IB loot is good. Will play with my warlock I think. Shame the chest is only light 33.

Bungie noticed all the talk of doubling up and decided to release early. If everything was on the hush-hush they would have released on Tuesday with no recourse for people doubling up. At least that's my theory.

My guess is Hard mode will be the following:

-More Wizards.
-vestiges every where.
-No revives.

Edit: Top guess for top page

oh, i didnt even think of the vestiges. during the crota fight they wll prpbably place one on each side top of the stairs and one at the entrance to to the entry way at the bottom, maybe one at random on either side of crota

Wait, public events are giving radiant mats when completing the event itself or the daily reward package?

Or both?

Crazy if the actual event completion, because then you can farm the shit out of them.

lt519

Wait, public events are giving radiant mats when completing the event itself or the daily reward package?

Or both?

Crazy if the actual event completion, because then you can farm the shit out of them.

I'd like to know this as well, farming public events is actually fun.

phen0m24

oh, i didnt even think of the vestiges. during the crota fight they wll prpbably place one on each side top of the stairs and one at the entrance to to the entry way at the bottom, maybe one at random on either side of crota

The floor of the Deathsinger's room and the surrounding rooms will have more vestiges on the floor than the 1st section has Thrall.

I hope they don't do the no revives thing in hard mode. That is the very definition of artificial difficulty. It's more frustrating and annoying than challenging. Up the revive time to 45 secs or even a minute but the no revive thing just sucks.

SkylineRKR

Or both?

Only got one in the package. But I did the public half a minute before I got booted for the patch. So dunno that one.

I hope they don't do the no revives thing in hard mode. That is the very definition of artificial difficulty. It's more frustrating than annoying. Up the revive time to 45 secs or even a minute but the no revive thing just sucks.

The thing about this raid is that No Revives isn't as big of a deal when fewer people can still complete the checkpoint easy enough.

I'd like to know this as well, farming public events is actually fun.

I don't see why they wouldn't do this. But then again, Bungie

giphy.gif

Trace

Banned
I hope they don't do the no revives thing in hard mode. That is the very definition of artificial difficulty. It's more frustrating and annoying than challenging. Up the revive time to 45 secs or even a minute but the no revive thing just sucks.

It's hard, that's the point.

Bogeypop

What time frame would you peg it at? IE Before or after school?

Both. Before AND after school. It just seems to be weekdays period.

Honestly, I've done about 50 pug Roc strikes the last few weeks, and I've yet to have anyone go AFK or anything like that. In fact, I don't think I've even had a strike where BOTH left. Sure, one may leave, but never both.

Just had a guy AFK'd like halfway through the Summoning Pits. Me and the second guy solo'd Phogoth for about 90% of his health when the AFKer finally decided he wanted to "help".

Hey anyone down for some Roc Strikes?

I'm down for some Roc Strikes if you're still around :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Can confirm Deathsinger drops exotics now
You don't get loot this week, have to wait till reset

Only people who haven't done CE up to Deathsinger can get loot from Deathsinger

Someone got 331 Hawkmoon

Tawpgun

I can see them sealing the bottom door so we can't escape during ogres. Will probably spawn enemies in crystal room so people don't turtle there.

Crota cries to his daddy and Oryx comes down all full of umad because we destroyed his shrine countless times.

SkylineRKR

1/12 Patch Answers and Clarification
  • Cheese fixes that allowed easy soloing of the first half of CE have been fixed, as well as the disconnect and Sunsinger cheese for Crota, live now.
  • The first chest (pit chest), whether or not it had been previously claimed, has been reloaded with radiant mats- grab them before the reset.
  • Ir Yut, the Deathsinger, has been updated to drop loot including an Exotic chance, however for people who have already completed the raid this week the drop is not occurring. Unconfirmed if loot will drop from her for someone who has not yet done CE this week. It's possible that the pre-reset loot tables got linked, meaning that if you get the first chest again, that's what counts as your Deathsinger loot until the reset.
  • At the bridge, players must make it across to complete the encounter. However, the cheese to run into the Swordbearer's room and despawn enemies on the starting side still works, for pansies who can't handle a few thralls and knights while defending the bridge. :D
  • Ir Yut's timer trigger, I.E. "The Deathsinger prepares her song," now occurs when you run out of the hallway automatically (without any aggro on the Knights)
  • Daily Public Event Rewards now include Radiant Mats. Daily Heroic Story missions still seem to only reward Ascendant Mats.
  • Iron Banner is live at reset, 1:00AM PST on 1/13, and the notable items for purchase include:
    • 331 Hand Cannon
    • 331 Rocket Launcher
    • 36 Light Gloves.
    There is also a 33 Light chestpiece available, and the Sniper Rifle and Auto Rifle can drop from the playlist rewards at the end of matches. IB gear still takes Ascendant Shards including the level 32 gloves.
  • Any equipped IB weapon can be rerolled for new perks at the IB Vendor for 2 motes of light.
  • Don't forget the Tempered buff, lasting 12 hours, which can be purchased from the IB Vendor for 1 mote of light and increases IB rep gain. The % boost will itself increase every day, so while it is always worth it to have the buff equipped, it will be most potent toward the next reset (specifically, if you really want anything from IB this time, it's definitely worth doing a lot of it on the weekend 1/17-1/18).
  • Exotics that drop from the Vault of Glass are now 331 attack versions. The Vex Mythoclast is still locked to its unique 323 attack level for the moment.
  • Maps (Asylum, Anomaly and Burning Shrine) have been added to most PvP playlists, including Iron Banner.

By the way, I beat Ir Yut first time this week on my alt. No drop. Didn't do the whole Raid yet. Only change was the chest that I could take again.

realcZk

Make that not within range of the chalice and I would believe it. Another theory is that when holding the chalice, if held too long it will go boom to those around you.

haha that would be awesome
weight of darkness starts stacking and you have to stand near the chalice holder to remove it, just like the lamps
i dont see any vestiges spawning... thats wizard stuff but i could be wrong
i think the oversoul is gonna play a bigger part since all the raid gear perks are all about destroying it quicker and right now it really isnt a threat

forrest

formerly nacire
So I found a cave to the left of the jumping puzzle which leads to an opening that overlooks that last vex gate and low and behold there are jumping blocks appearing that seem to lead to the vex gate. Is this a known thing? Maybe I'm just tripping and it's the usual blocks to the jumping puzzle albeit the last five or so in the chain?

LiK

So I found a cave to the left of the jumping puzzle which leads to an opening that overlooks that last vex gate and low and behold there are jumping blocks appearing that seem to lead to the vex gate. Is this a known thing? Maybe I'm just tripping and it's the usual blocks to the jumping puzzle albeit the last five or so in the chain?

Super old news

Deku Tree

Video? Cave is known if it's the one I know about. Not sure which jumping blocks your talking about. Never heard of blocks leading to the vex gate...

Can confirm Deathsinger drops exotics now
You don't get loot this week, have to wait till reset

Only people who haven't done CE up to Deathsinger can get loot from Deathsinger

Someone got 331 Hawkmoon
care to go into more detail?

I have one account, three characters, who haven't played since the patch. They have everything except Deathsingers. (two chests, lamps, bridge, hallway, checkpoint to crota to kill crota)

So they can get Deathsinger loot?

Its just a second jumping puzzle. Rumor is it was supposed to be the Hard Mode version, but they didn't implement it all the way. It just takes you to the landing in front of Aetheon's room.

SkylineRKR

care to go into more detail?

I have one account, three characters, who haven't played since the patch. They have everything except Deathsingers. (two chests, lamps, bridge, hallway, checkpoint to crota to kill crota)

So they can get Deathsinger loot?

I got nothing. I hadn't do it yet. Got Relentless Harness at bridge. Nothing at Ir Yut. But I did beat Crota on that char already. Only that though. Seems that fucked up my chance.

Top Bottom