• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

LTWood12

Ran Atheon last night on Hard (hadn't run normal this week) and only got the timebreaker and some energy. Same for everyone else in the party. Everyone got one material drop and either the ship or sparrow. None of my inventory slots were full. I would assume I should have something at the postmaster, but the website doesn't show anything.

One person went to the tower and had the raid chest armor, corrective measure, and a truth waiting for him at the postmaster. Bungie.net doesn't show anything for me, but I'm not sure that's always accurate. Any experience w/ this? I'm at work, otherwise I'd just boot the game up.

Anyone had this happen?

zewone

So does nightfall give strange coins ON TOP of the other rewards? Can anyone confirm this?

I think they changed it so that NF no longer drops LESS than 9 strange coins if that's your reward. So now your reward will at least match the Weekly Heroic strike.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
haha that would be awesome
weight of darkness starts stacking and you have to stand near the chalice holder to remove it, just like the lamps
i dont see any vestiges spawning... thats wizard stuff but i could be wrong
i think the oversoul is gonna play a bigger part since all the raid gear perks are all about destroying it quicker and right now it really isnt a threat

Maybe make it so if you don't drop the chalice every so often, the chalice explodes lamp style, but when you drop the chalice, the Oversoul appears. That would be pretty difficult - and you would have to manage your chalice time for the sword bearer.

LordofPwn

My guess is Hard mode will be the following:

-More Wizards.
-vestiges every where.
-No revives.

Edit: Top guess for top page

i could see vestiges and shielded enemies. maybe 2 sword bearers at a time,major thrall at the beginning. weight of darkness stacks faster, lamps explode quicker.

forrest

formerly nacire
Super old news

Video? Cave is known if it's the one I know about. Not sure which jumping blocks your talking about. Never heard of blocks leading to the vex gate...

Its just a second jumping puzzle. Rumor is it was supposed to be the Hard Mode version, but they didn't implement it all the way. It just takes you to the landing in front of Aetheon's room.

Cool, figured it was pretty old knowing the voracity of this player base. I've just never seen it. The blocks don't technically take you to the gate, but they take you pretty close.

realcZk

Maybe make it so if you don't drop the chalice every so often, the chalice explodes lamp style, but when you drop the chalice, the Oversoul appears. That would be pretty difficult - and you would have to manage your chalice time for the sword bearer.

lol...shieeeeeeeeeet

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So does nightfall give strange coins ON TOP of the other rewards? Can anyone confirm this?
No, coins count as a possible reward.

care to go into more detail?

I have one account, three characters, who haven't played since the patch. They have everything except Deathsingers. (two chests, lamps, bridge, hallway, checkpoint to crota to kill crota)

So they can get Deathsinger loot?
Yeah, same here. Although it'd be easy to test by just killing her once.

Deku Tree

Bah, Rad mats from Pub events is just a bug.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/554744122292961281

"If you have old public event postmaster packages, they will award radiant materials. New packages will properly award ascendant materials."

I think ascendant materials are the permanent upgrade material for tower vendors in Destiny. And each new expansion will bring new upgrade materials that only work on the raid weapons and raid armor for the raid from that expansion.

Did anyone try sword dancing across the bridge? Or is there basically no point now

Insta-death

at reset i'm up for 5 crota runs lol (and a lvl 27 if the cheese still existed)

Alright awesome! DrLawyerCop is in too, Nami is interested as well. Waiting on Dhruv and AutoAim (Kartik).

Bah, Rad mats from Pub events is just a bug.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/554744122292961281

"If you have old public event postmaster packages, they will award radiant materials. New packages will properly award ascendant materials."

Bungie always ruins the fun.

moris

Someone confirm whether the daily heroic gives out radiant?
Plenty confirmed in previous pages that Daily still gives out Ascendant material if I read correctly. Daily public event packages gave me either ascendant mats or coins (probably motes too).

nowai

Sooo hyped for Iron Banner next week!

Timur's Lash available to buy!! All of my 100+ motes will be spent on rolling rangefinder, field scout and third eye.

Hyyyyyyype

I'm going to run the sword tonight for my group with my newly-minted lvl 32 Titan. What's the most efficient attack pattern for Crota? I've read people claiming the R1-R1-R2 combo is best and others saying to just mash the slam button.

I can't believe they haven't fixed the stand on the boxes to despawn enemies and trigger the last encounter trick for the bridge phase.

It is still entirely cheesable to the highest degree. It is so ridiculous.

How could Bungie never have thought that players would go there? The boxes are not in any way difficult to get to, not to mention the possibility of players camping there to take out the swordbearer immediately. Wow.

realcZk

I can't believe they haven't fixed the stand on the boxes to despawn enemies and trigger the last encounter trick for the bridge phase.

How could Bungie never have thought that players would go there? The boxes are not in any way difficult to get to, not to mention the possibility of players camping there to take out the swordbearer immediately. Wow.

lol that still works? so you can still cheese it exactly as before? i assume you have to cross the bridge afterwards though...?

LiK

So bridge cheese still works? lol

SkylineRKR

You will wipe if you don't go to the plates.

Deku Tree

Could be hard to fix. All it does is despawn the enemies on the one side so you don't have to deal with easy thrawls.

lol that still works? so you can still cheese it exactly as before?

You still have to cross the bridge with a sword.

Old Ass Shards for me in the Heroic Daily.

Ass Shards for the daily Public Event and Ass Energy for the Postman delivery.

:(

Seems like they already fixed it. It appeared to be a bug if you had a public event package sitting at the postmaster after the patch hit. So for those who had them there after the patch it rewarded radiant mats. Won't happen anymore.

Meh, I just need a mix of 9 energy/shards from each of my 3 characters to get my 3rd character to 32. With the 1st CE chest lootable again before reset I will get there easily.

interesting quote from urk on reddit

"DeeJ has a lot of autonomy, but often, there really isn't a whole lot to say. Traditionally, we'd fill those down weeks with fun stuff from the studio like the Pentathlon, and whatnot, but recently those types of updates haven't been well received, and the expectation is that the BWU focuses primarily on game updates.
My hope is that DeeJ will start becoming more comfortable with the idea of weeks without update, when they are not needed. He struggles with the idea of not providing the community with something even when there really isn't a lot for him to talk about.
We'll see!"

Jinjo

Bungie noticed all the talk of doubling up and decided to release early. If everything was on the hush-hush they would have released on Tuesday with no recourse for people doubling up. At least that's my theory.

I told them

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

While I agree that it's pretty silly how they didn't fix this, I really don't like how Destiny is turning into "find the new cheese".

Top Bottom