• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

SkylineRKR

Said it before but was it mentioned that Black Hammer lost Hive Disruptor perk in its entirety? Its a Raid weapon without disruptor lol, its the VEX!

LiK

interesting quote from urk on reddit

"DeeJ has a lot of autonomy, but often, there really isn't a whole lot to say. Traditionally, we'd fill those down weeks with fun stuff from the studio like the Pentathlon, and whatnot, but recently those types of updates haven't been well received, and the expectation is that the BWU focuses primarily on game updates.
My hope is that DeeJ will start becoming more comfortable with the idea of weeks without update, when they are not needed. He struggles with the idea of not providing the community with something even when there really isn't a lot for him to talk about.
We'll see!"

Maybe do a friggin QA instead. Super easy and he does it anyway in Reddit.

Both. Before AND after school. It just seems to be weekdays period.

Just had a guy AFK'd like halfway through the Summoning Pits. Me and the second guy solo'd Phogoth for about 90% of his health when the AFKer finally decided he wanted to "help".

I'm down for some Roc Strikes if you're still around :)

Hey Rhad.. If you want to add me my PSN is the same as Gaf

Deku Tree

"DeeJ has a lot of autonomy, but often, there really isn't a whole lot to say. Traditionally, we'd fill those down weeks with fun stuff from the studio like the Pentathlon, and whatnot, but recently those types of updates haven't been well received, and the expectation is that the BWU focuses primarily on game updates.
My hope is that DeeJ will start becoming more comfortable with the idea of weeks without update, when they are not needed. He struggles with the idea of not providing the community with something even when there really isn't a lot for him to talk about.
We'll see!"

Wow. We'll people hated all over the fluff updates. So now when there is nothing to say we will get no updates? People are gonna hate on that too.

That is how it has always been no? Activate the bridge and plates to spawn the swordbearer, then get off. Then despawn, then snipe, then loot.

No but now supposedly you have to actually cross the bridge.

I can't believe they haven't fixed the stand on the boxes to despawn enemies and trigger the last encounter trick for the bridge phase.

It is still entirely cheesable to the highest degree. It is so ridiculous.

How could Bungie never have thought that players would go there? The boxes are not in any way difficult to get to, not to mention the possibility of players camping there to take out the swordbearer immediately. Wow.

you cant win that way. someone still needs to get across with the sword. if no one is over there the totems will go boom when the ogres spawn

We'll see!"

I would love more of a behind the scenes documentary type of post from deej on weeks where he can't really give us a lot of content or information.

Stuff like.

Here is the process behind creating a new bounty. These guys/This team designs it, these guys implement it. All said and done, it takes X weeks from concept to implementation.

Except more fleshed out, of course.

SkylineRKR

That is how it has always been no? Activate the bridge and plates to spawn the swordbearer, then get off. Then despawn, then snipe, then loot.

No you could just snipe after you activated the bridge and hid away. We did this, and went to the back. Thralls despawned but everything turned red after a minute of sniping or so. That wasn't there before.

lt519

Said it before but was it mentioned that Black Hammer lost Hive Disruptor perk in its entirety? Its a Raid weapon without disruptor lol, its the VEX!

Supposedly until they fix it. They just need to make the proc damage count as precision damage (but then the reload perk might proc early haha).

Also if someone is poisoned/burning the reload perk doesn't proc either. It's just the white damage occurring between your shots.

damn. I wonder if there's any chance of still getting one of those sweet radiant mat postmaster packages today.

Seems like it was just a bug for those who had packages sitting at the Postmaster before the patch. So when they opened it post-patch it gave radiant materials.

So if you have a package waiting there then yes, otherwise no.

realcZk

So from what I've gathered, how to solo/cheese the first two phases of CE post-patch 1/12/2015:

Lamp Phase - Run to the rock after the second lamp just like before but instead of waiting for the lamp to explode, turn around and jump onto the platform with your regular highest jump ability when your weight of darkness stacks are low. Continue to the bridge, activate lamp and bridge, hop on rock, kill ogre and then go once bridge is complete.

Bridge Phase - Awaiting Confirmation - Hop on the switch to start the phase then run off and back into the room where the swordbearer spawns. Hop on the boxes in the back of the room, this will cause enemies to despawn and trigger the encounter on the other side. Leave the room and snipe everything on the other side, ogres included. As soon as you're finished kill the sword bearer, take the sword and go to the other side.

Reports regarding bridge phase:
I'm getting news that annihilator totems are spawning as Ogres are sighted on the opposite side...might have to send one guy over first?
It appears that the totems start as soon as the ogres appear so unless they can be melted quickly it's over.

No you could just snipe after you activated the bridge and hid away. We did this, and went to the back. Thralls despawned but everything turned red after a minute of sniping or so. That wasn't there before.

So the final enemy encounter spawned on the opposite side and the Totems activated on the side you were on?

Just have to get on the Totems then? Or was it instant?

Deku Tree

So from what I've gathered, how to solo/cheese the first two phases of CE post-patch 1/12/2015:

Lamp Phase - Run to the rock after the second lamp just like before but instead of waiting for the lamp to explode, turn around and jump onto the platform with your regular highest jump ability when your weight of darkness stacks are low. Continue to the bridge, activate lamp and bridge, hop on rock, kill ogre and then go once bridge is complete.

Bridge Phase - Hop on the switch to start the phase then run off and back into the room where the swordbearer spawns. Hop on the boxes in the back of the room, this will cause enemies to despawn and trigger the encounter on the other side. Leave the room and snipe everything on the other side, ogres included. As soon as you're finished kill the sword bearer, take the sword and go to the other side.

Has that bridge phase thing been confirmed? Other people are saying that if your not on the other side when the ogres spawn then the bridge annihilation totems go off and wipe.

Two Words

So, still no word on fixing "The Last Word" perk? I still think that if they can't fix it, they should replace the perk with "If you fire all 8 shots without ever letting go of the trigger, you reload TLW much faster". This would reward good shooting and punish bad shooting since you'll waste ammo if you are missing shots just to get the fast reload.

SkylineRKR

So the final enemy encounter spawned on the opposite side and the Totems activated on the side you were on?

Just have to get on the Totems then? Or was it instant?

It wasn't instant. I think you have time to get onto the totems and snipe? A mate said he did saw an ogre through his scope. But then it turned red and we wiped.

Has that bridge phase thing been confirmed? Other people are saying that if your not on the other side when the ogres spawn then the bridge annihilation totems go off and wipe.

If that's the case, it isn't that hard to count to 19 before you kill the swordbearer and jump across from the side area with the sword.

I think ascendant materials are the permanent upgrade material for tower vendors in Destiny. And each new expansion will bring new upgrade materials that only work on the raid weapons and raid armor for the raid from that expansion.

Ugh, I hope not. The number of mats and currencies is spiraling out of control. Absurd to think.

Well my birthday is coming up in a few days and my fiance is going to get me the Digital Guardian edition on PSN since I already have the trial installed. Had one question though... Is it worth it?

I mean I know the game is not without it's shares of problems but I do enjoy the core "game-play loop" as it were. Shooting is good, loot drops, etc. But is it worth the $90? Since I'm going the PSN-route I won't be able to re-sell or trade in.

All my friends who have the game are all level 25 and up it seems. Am I going to be slogging my way through levels solo until I catch up with them? Other than the pleasure of my company; do they have any incentives to play through some of the old missions with me? Am I fucked by coming in so late? Or am I better off coming in late now that so many things have changed?

Also, I'm not huge on PvP... am I going to be missing out on a lot by not playing in the Crucible?

Deku Tree

If that's the case, it isn't that hard to count to 19 before you kill the swordbearer and jump across from the side area with the sword.

It sounds like the easiest thing is just to go across the bridge legit. People say it is now an insta-wipe kill box if you try to kite across the divide.

noomi

I will be sitting at gorgons during reset so you can always try that route.

Thanks dude, I'll be on 10-15min before reset, I'll join the party chat. 1 min after reset I'll login and try my chance at the gorgons chest with my 3 guys. After that we can swap out so you can get your guys as well:)

nowai

For anyone that didn't buy the Iron Banner snipe rifle last time, you can get it as a drop now.

Efrideet's Spear + Final Round = One hit body shot kill in pvp.

I rolled mine for unflinching, armor piercing rounds and final round...feels like cheating.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well my birthday is coming up in a few days and my fiance is going to get me the Digital Guardian edition on PSN since I already have the trial installed. Had one question though... Is it worth it?

I mean I know the game is not without it's shares of problems but I do enjoy the core "game-play loop" as it were. Shooting is good, loot drops, etc. But is it worth the $90? Since I'm going the PSN-route I won't be able to re-sell or trade in.

All my friends who have the game are all level 25 and up it seems. Am I going to be slogging my way through levels solo until I catch up with them? Other than the pleasure of my company; do they have any incentives to play through some of the old missions with me? Am I fucked by coming in so late? Or am I better off coming in late now that so many things have changed?

Also, I'm not huge on PvP... am I going to be missing out on a lot by not playing in the Crucible?

Honestly, I've gotten my money's worth out of the game 10-fold. That said, you can probably find a physical copy of the game cheaper than the $90 psn price.

Now is a great time to start. And I don't play much Crucible at all these days. Not until tomorrow at least.

Ugh, I hope not. The number of mats and currencies is spiraling out of control. Absurd to think.

Imagine, before Destiny 2 comes out we'd have

Ascendant
Radiant
HoW
Comet
VV
FoG

That's 6 different TYPES of materials. So 12 different actual items. Bleh.

It sounds like the easiest thing is just to go across the bridge legit. People say it is now an insta-wipe kill box if you try to kite across the divide.

Awesome.

Bridge Phase - Hop on the switch to start the phase then run off and back into the room where the swordbearer spawns. Hop on the boxes in the back of the room, this will cause enemies to despawn and trigger the encounter on the other side. Leave the room and snipe everything on the other side, ogres included. As soon as you're finished kill the sword bearer, take the sword and go to the other side.

Some are saying totems activate immediately with that bridge method.

EL CUCO

Sooo hyped for Iron Banner next this week!

Timur's Lash available to buy!! All of my 100+ motes will be spent on rolling rangefinder, field scout and third eye.

Hyyyyyyype

Yuuuuuuuup. I've been saving since last IB. 147 all ready to get blown lol

Edit: fixed

Top Bottom