• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

FyreWulff

Boy, that first bit after you switch skill trees to level up the other subclass

Your Guardian apparently gets a concussion and forgets how jumping works

Steroyd

Waiting for what? Or just bored with the game?

Okay, question for everyone. Thorn or The Last Word? This will be a general utility weapon for an alt, and not my primary. Just wondering which of the two is better and which should receive the focus of all of my XP, to start with.

The Last Word - PVP
Thorn - PVP & PVE.

Homeboyd

I'm doing the Eris Bonuty, kill enemies with arc or solar damage and it's not working, can someone explain this? I've used my Murmur, Plan C and VoC on the Crotas minons (the ones who invade earth) it's not tallying.
It's solar or arc ability, not just damage. ie use your super that deals one of those damage types

Achilles_

Neo Member

Okay, question for everyone. Thorn or The Last Word? This will be a general utility weapon for an alt, and not my primary. Just wondering which of the two is better and which should receive the focus of all of my XP, to start with.
Last Word.

I'm doing the Eris Bonuty, kill enemies with arc or solar damage and it's not working, can someone explain this? I've used my Murmur, Plan C and VoC on the Crotas minons (the ones who invade earth) it's not tallying.
It's class abilities, not weapons. So, melee, supers, grenades.

E92 M3

Didn't realise you can only carry 200 max of a planetary material before it takes up another slot until today. Which is bizarre considering you can carry thousands of broken weapon/gear material.

Yes, something Bungie overlooked. Very easy fix that needs to happen.

Namikaze1

I'm just gonna do the daily on my last 2 characters and call it a day. There's nothing else I want to do in the game at the moment. All the weapons and armor I wanted to max out are maxed out.

Jinjo

The RNG must have something to do with you IP address. I must have a crummy static IP. I should try to reset it somehow every time I play.

Could be. It might attribute a certain rareness to exotics when creating your account or something. My brother plays on the same router IP and he got a Gjallarhorn from an engram too once.

cilonen

Thorn is my favourite of the two.

Starting a nightfall in about 10 minutes, then I have 3 weeklies to finish.

PSN -Dr_LawyerCop if you'd like to join.

If you have a spot at the end of nightfall do you mind letting my hunter jump in? I'd join the whole way but he's only 27 so would be useless.

Sure. If you have another higher level character you can run it till the end and switch.

Grabbing gear and firing it up.

Sadly I dont. I'm split across platforms. If someone that can actually help wants to join by all means don't hold a spot for me. But if there is one free I'd love to leech the kill. I can join now if you like, pronably get 1 shot though haha.

Either way, my psn is tp_Drewz

On Demand

Banned
Anybody want to help with me the level 25 Dark Below story mission? It's the second or 3rd one i think. I can't get passed it. There's like what, 3 boss battles? On top of the other enemies attacking you. One strike mission would be nice too.

I'll be on later.

bully365.

cilonen

No worries. Assuming you can hear us, you can probably just be the designated hang back and protect a point guy. Doesn't matter if you get many kills since you won't be feeding the other team points.

My favourite role :)

Edit: Byron can't be any worse than I was at it!

Feorax

Thanks for the raid guys. Didn't get much but eh... VoG is still a lot more fun than CE imo.

No problem. Atheon was a real pain in the ass but we got there in the end.

Been a weird week for drop. Got Ice Breaker last night, but fuck all from everything else.

EL CUCO

Just got TDYD with field scout off of a Legendary engram. This one might be a keeper if it's anything like TDYK.

Pretty sure it's only supers. Grenades do not work.
If the grenade embodies the elemental damage, and it kills the enemy, then it counts. I have confirmed this with my Titan's Striker class Titan Striker shoulder charge also counts as arc damage towards the bounty, too.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
I have a level 27 warlock and my buddy has a level 30 hunter. Can I still do nightfall by joining his session or will I be blocked out from joining because my light level is too low? Also, how much would that affect my damage output?

save me GAF, i keep being solicited for clans but i feel like i'm already in one, even though i'm not

♪ why does my heart feel so wrooooong? give me a place to beloooooong ♫

Carn82

Ladies and gentlemen, after 50+ levels, Rahool finally blessed me.
Destiny_20150103171141.jpg

JTran2003

Boy, that first bit after you switch skill trees to level up the other subclass

Your Guardian apparently gets a concussion and forgets how jumping works

Yeah it sucks. What I started to do was level one sub class with story/crucible exp and the other sub class with bounties. Helps keep them both together as long as not trying to get a particular perk.

If the grenade embodies the elemental damage, and it kills the enemy, then it counts. I have confirmed this with my Titan's Striker class Titan Striker shoulder charge also counts as arc damage towards the bounty, too.

That is true. Grenades are how I get solar kills for my warlock.

My internet is out right now. Waiting for my modem to come in the mail. It says it's coming Sunday...but mail doesn't come on Sunday's.

JTran2003

I have a level 27 warlock and my buddy has a level 30 hunter. Can I still do nightfall by joining his session or will I be blocked out from joining because my light level is too low? Also, how much would that affect my damage output?

You can join. I was able to join others when I was a 27. Gonna be very difficult for you though for you will not be able to do much damage. Lots if hiding so you don't die. Basically your team will have to carry you. As long as you stay alive and be careful you could help with revives if necessary.

Carn82

nice!

I also got Against All Odds; a heavy machine gun. But I'm swimming in heavies :/ probably give it to my alt, unless it's really good :eek:

ocean

Banned
You can join activities up to 3 levels above your own so you can enter the Nightfall. Most enemies will one-shot kill you though and your damage output will be only a fraction of the base value (under half). With this week's Strike being the spongiest and most enemy-filled of them all...good luck :p

Top Bottom