• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hyun Sai

Just checked. 696 hours...3x hard mode raids completed every week except the first 3 or so that the game was out..

No godhorn, no Fatebringer.

The only non dlc exotic don't have is the horn.

But I ain't even mad though.....sooooon.

Nearly 500 hours here. No Gjallahorn, no Hawkmoon, no Montecarlo.

2 Icebreaker , 2 Vex, 3 VoC, 2 Fatebringer, 3 Hunger of Crotas on my 3 characters though, so I can't really complain not having to switch gear between them.

By the way, even if it's kind of crappy right now, I recommend everyone who has many coins to buy the Dragon's breath, there is no way Bungie will let it stay that way when it was the poster RL of many Dark Below promotional vids. Looking forward to future exotic balance...

Feorax

I'm online now, will be doing bounties or crucible till we start

Ok, great. Can you shoot me a FR by the way? I searched Reno and got like 70,000 results, none of which were just "Reno", lol.

I think I've already got StereoType on my friends list. I'll start sending out the invites shortly.

Didn't realise you can only carry 200 max of a planetary material before it takes up another slot until today. Which is bizarre considering you can carry thousands of broken weapon/gear material.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Ok, great. Can you shoot me a FR by the way? I searched Reno and got like 70,000 results, none of which were just "Reno", lol.

I think I've already got StereoType on my friends list. I'll start sending out the invites shortly.

Tried searching for your name but I couldn't find it? Even a partial search didn't turn up anything... It's Mattlgoe with an o, not zero right?

Feorax

Tried searching for your name but I couldn't find it? Even a partial search didn't turn up anything... It's Mattlgoe with an o, not zero right?

Yeah, thats it. PSN has been weird with friend searching recently.

Anyway, I got your request, sending out invites now.

FyreWulff

PSN search is weird. I remember trying to add Ghaleon and he was at the bottom of the list, even though I typed his name in full..

Also, I dislike how hardly any PS4 game seems to populate the "players met" category. I actually want to thank randoms for help with stuff like Urzok but it's a pain in the ass :/

Deku Tree

So the Starfire Protocol doesn't give you s 3rd fusion grenade, if you already have the gain an additional grenade selected in your sub singer subclass tree. You're capped to 2 nades no matter what.

That renders it useless aside from making your Warlock look 'fabulous'.

That stinks!

I just got my "art of Destiny book". Looks nice inside the wrapper.

That stinks!

I just got my "art of Destiny book". Looks nice inside the wrapper.
Pics! It would seem to be a perfect complement to the limited edition strategy guide.

Oh, man, DestinyGAF, my second Titan is about ready to ding 19. Then 20 after then, with gear waiting that would take him to 30 (at least). I don't know I didn't do this sooner.

Deku Tree

Gjallarhorn number 4 lol. It's the old one though. VoG chest just keeps giving me Ballarhorns.

Aaaaaaaaaand Hawkmoon number 4. This game man.

Yeah, I would totally trade
sell
my spare Gjallarhorn. Now I'm just dismantling it. Kind of a shame, cause I could have made a friend or GAFfer very happy.

Public Service Announcement: Anyway, I'm staying in the Gorgon cave for about the next fifteen minutes or so while I grab something to eat. Feel free to grab the checkpoint and your loot. Psn is JinjoNL.

Edit: gone.

The RNG must have something to do with you IP address. I must have a crummy static IP. I should try to reset it somehow every time I play.

Deku Tree

Pics! It would seem to be a perfect complement to the limited edition strategy guide.

Oh, man, DestinyGAF, my second Titan is about ready to ding 19. Then 20 after then, with gear waiting that would take him to 30 (at least). I don't know I didn't do this sooner.

Sorry no pics now. Watching my kid. It looks just like the picture on Amazon while it is sealed anyway.

derwalde

hey destiny gaf,

im lvl 28 right now. does only raid gear help me to get to 29 and beyond or does legendary gear from normal strikes work aswell?

Shito

hey destiny gaf,

im lvl 28 right now. does only raid gear help me to get to 29 and beyond or does legendary gear from normal strikes work aswell?
Legendary gear, either from drops, strike playlists, or bought from the vendors will get you to 31.
The raid gear is only needed to get to the level cap.

Legendary gear, either from drops, strike playlists, or bought from the vendors will get you to 31.
The raid gear is only needed to get to the level cap.

The weird thing is that both legendary drops I got yesterday from cryptarch were 27 light....

Dammit Bungie! Why is that still a thing?!?? Ffs

Probably wrong but isn't it only if you have the dark below dlc that drops are the new light level ?

Anyone want to run some roc strikes on either ps4 or X1?

X1 - 30 Titan
PS4 - 27 Hunter

What? All the armor I've gotten from Cryptarch and Vanguard level rewards have been 33 Light... So weird.

strange bug. I heard some people saying that engrams would sometimes decrypt into older weapons with the old attack values.

It ain't the first time it's happened either. I also got Bad Seed Down (300 attack pulse rifle) yesterday from an engram I got whilst playing crucible with the Gaf team yesterday.

My friend has this happen to him several times as well.

That is an awful bug to be on the receiving end of, especially if you are trying to get to level 31.

Probably wrong but isn't it only if you have the dark below dlc that drops are the new light level ?

X1 - 30 Titan
PS4 - 27 Hunter

I have the DLC and all my characters are 31 (so I guess it's more annoying than truly horrible)

Does anyone have normal gatekeeper CP? I'd like to farm, but if anyone just has the checkpoint I'll grab it and farm later.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

BokehKing

Banned
Soo... Idk, is hawkmoon really better than Thorn?

Seems like too much chance is involved?
How do I know when the magic bullet fires, how do I know I didn't just get lucky, get a head shot and killed the other player that way?
Should I ever reload?

Hey, Dr_LawyerCop... did we lose you with the Crota fight? Sorry for the confusion, it really sucks when people have NAT errors. I didn't even notice until Crota was dead. Just let me know if you need it still, I owe you one dead Crota.

Does anyone have normal gatekeeper CP? I'd like to farm, but if anyone just has the checkpoint I'll grab it and farm later.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Or maybe I can make it up to you already. I've got normal GK CP, join on me in just a minute. Of course I'll still kill Crota if you need it.

Soo... Idk, is hawkmoon really better than Thorn?

Seems like too much chance is involved?
How do I know when the magic bullet fires, how do I know I didn't just get lucky, get a head shot and killed the other player that way?
Should I ever reload?

The numbers are significantly larger. I guess you can count the bullets if you want but its not worth the hassle. You will see plenty of bonus shots. Almost a quarter of your bullets are bonus shots.

Deku Tree

X1 - 30 Titan
PS4 - 27 Hunter

I believe that is the case. And isn't it the new gear from quartermasters is unavailable and state that you need the DLC.

Not the case. Everyone can buy the 33 light armor and the 331 attack legendary weapons from the tower vendors. You can't however buy TDB exotics from Xur.

It seems that rarely people get RNG drops from rank up packages of 27 light armor or 300 max attack weapons that are currently unavailable to buy. I am guessing that Bungie just forgot to take them out of the rotation.

blazeuk

Don't know what happened with the party chat towards the end of that CE run but couldn't hear anything, thanks for the help running through it though guys, didn't actually get anything too great from it, another Swordbreaker and Gloves dropped and the rest was shards/energy but my main will at least make use of the shards.

Deku Tree

Hey, Dr_LawyerCop... did we lose you with the Crota fight? Sorry for the confusion, it really sucks when people have NAT errors. I didn't even notice until Crota was dead. Just let me know if you need it still, I owe you one dead Crota.

Or maybe I can make it up to you already. I've got normal GK CP, join on me in just a minute. Of course I'll still kill Crota if you need it.
. Can I grab the CP from you in a minute? Need to glimmer farm later.

Hey, no problem. NAT errors are the worst, I couldn't hear half the team. I'm sure I'll find a group sometime today.

Did manage to get the raid gear I needed for 32, though I'm holding out hope for the helm so I can use ruin wings.

Thanks to pan, Dr_LC, and blazeuk for that Crota run and being cool with carrying my two scrub ass friends' alts. Still pretty darn quick even with that.

Also, thanks to swordsmaster Dhruv for the kill. Could have done it first try except for my friend blowing himself up and then a BS glitched sword. Third time's the charm.

Will Urzok show up during defend the warsat? If so can someone join and help me take him down, public events up right now.

PS4 Unknown837. Set to public.

Top Bottom