• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

So how much grinding am I getting myself into trying for Iron Banner rank 5 (assuming that's the requirement for the handcannon)? I skipped the last one, and only did a bit when the tempered buff was introduced. Should I just wait until the weekend or grind out a few hours a night?

If you use a tempered buff and do the bounties each day, then you should hit rank 5 by the weekend. I made it to rank 3 then stop playing for 3 days. On Monday night, I use the tempered buff and manage to hit rank 5 before the reset. I starting "grinding" IB within ~5 hours of the reset. That will give you an idea.
edit:
Anyone have the Crota checkpoint or the Gorgon checkpoint? Looking to help out some friends who need to kill Crota/roll for Ice Breaker.
just call me checkpointasaurus, can you wait around in the gorgon checkpoint? I want to put it on my warlock since my warlock has the crota checkpoint and my hunter has the gorgon checkpoint, instead of switching around often.

Qwell

PS4 Crota Flawless run 9PM Eastern 1/12

1. Cybrwzrd
2. Frostburn
3. ErnieMcCracken
4. grimlock33
5. Qwell
6. gutterboy44

Alt 1
Alt 2
Alt 3

I will start sending out invites about 8:50 PM Eastern

Still need 3 alts in case people do not show up. I will send friend requests after work (before 6PM Eastern)

Is everyone still down for this in light of the changes?
I'm still down and everything, done it plenty of times without cheese, and already informed the wife so as not to produce aggro.

Shito

So how much grinding am I getting myself into trying for Iron Banner rank 5 (assuming that's the requirement for the handcannon)? I skipped the last one, and only did a bit when the tempered buff was introduced. Should I just wait until the weekend or grind out a few hours a night?
I did IB2.0.
I did the easy bounties with the tempered buff every day, took me something like 2 hours each day. Got to rank 5 on Sunday.
It's very doable, but it's a bit of a chore if you're not that much into pvp like me. Still, in the end, it made me appreciate the crucible more than I did when first starting it.
That being said, if the bounty to get Fate of all Fools is still relevant, there's no way I'll even try it. ^^

lol from reddit

JCwGFvd.jpg

i couldn't show that amount of restraint

neoism

HM VoG - 7:30 Eastern (or later)

Please sign up:

1. stb (PSN Berried_treasurE, Level 31 Titan
  2. ne0ism- Level30 hunter
  3. (add yourself)
  4. (add yourself)
  5. (add yourself)
  6. (add yourself)

Anyone have an oracles CP for Hard Mode?
<3 hope I'm too late did hm a few times have a good amount of raid weapons with need some ammo though will be on a while : p.

Mrgamer

Please sign up:

2. (add yourself)
  3. (add yourself)
  4. (add yourself)
  5. (add yourself)
  6. (add yourself)

Psn v1br4t1ons l32 warlock will be home around 7:30 8:00

Born2Live

Boom new patch one Atheon run resulted in me finally getting my Icebreaker. Exotic trinity now complete 2 Hawkmoons, Icebreaker, and Gjallarhorn. Nightfall RNG finally has no hold over me, feels good.

ebHbihu.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
Ok I got the first chest for all my chars.

Now I need to run Weekly and Nightfall with my Hunter lvl 27.

Any good soul wants to carry me on NF or Weekly 30?

Wow, the Trials of Osiris content is already known. There's armor and weapons.

The shotgun has rangefinder, hammer forged, and shot package. it also has nearly double the impact of secret handshake.

http://planetdestiny.com/trials-osiris/

Sounds broken.

Its weakness is stability and magazine? With those perks you'll be aiming to take advantage of the shot package anyway so stability won't matter and with a punch like that magazine won't matter either because you'll be one shotting everyone.

nowai

at the end of the week, we should all form a loser party, and purposely lose 5 matches in a row to have 5 medallions for the start of the next next iron banner~

That is exactly what I did last time.

All three of my characters have 5 medallions ready to go for tomorrow.

I guess I'm power leveling my upgraded Suros tonight... Thought I was going to have a night off before the reset, but I've got to prepare for the banner.

neoism

Sooooo umm did the patch hit already I started Destiny up and got a quick installing destiny and now for the first time ever I'm playing control on asylum ..... Really don't like this map have yet to have a good game with a good team... I think every single game on that map has been terrible for me :/

Dave_6

Please sign up:

2. Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78, Level 30 Warlock)
  3. (add yourself)
  4. (add yourself)
  5. (add yourself)
  6. (add yourself)

I'm in.

I have this same question . .trying to hit rank 5 for once.

-

Also do public event packages still give you 5K experiences?

Depends on when you play. Earlier in the week it takes a lot of grinding. Since the buff you buy with a mote of light Increases every day, by the time the end of the weekend you can get to rank4/5 within 2 days if you do all the bounties and play a couple of hours a day. Also need to use class item and emblem since the buffs stack

Manp

i hate to be repetitive but THIS. FUCKING. GAME. i hate you!

this week i got fatebringer, gjallarhorn and now the vex! i just had to wait almost 4 months.

now, that's more like it :)

Reset Squad Unite!

So we originally wanted to wait for the patch, but since it is now live do we all want to go ahead with the 4am EST multiple (3) runs for Crota's End?

I am down for reset time, I will have until 8am EST when I will have to get ready for work.

Roster
1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. Dhruv_Hanom
3. Auto_Aim (Kartik21)
4. Owlialicious (PikaPuff)
5. DrLawyerCop
6. Nami (you down?)

Let me know if that works for you all!

Alright so I am good. Nami is down for 2 runs. DrLawyerCop is down. PikaPuff is good.

Dhruv and Kartik how's it looking for you guys?

Top Bottom