• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

ocean

Banned
So just to be clear, if Nightfall awards Strange Coins now it does so in addition to, as opposed to instead of, a weapon/armor reward?

Because all I got was Strange Coins on all 3 of my characters last week and it sucked. Getting SCs on top of weapons/armor sounds sweet though. Prepare for a 300 SC Gjallarhorn being sold soon :p

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
buffs are available now though, right? is it not worth it to buy them until Friday?

Buff is up, but the % is really low like 10%, not a huge jump, but say Friday onward, shit climbs up to 80-125% by the final day (Monday)

If you have say the emblem, shader, class item, that's 30% right there, you can buy the buff for a mote for an extra 10%, or save the mote, until the % starts working your favor
Now if you have nothing, just buy the buff, I mean 10% bonus at the start is not that bad

My 3rd Thunderlord and Hunter helmet. I guess I should be satisfied with that run. :/

Edit: Drizzay, Rawr, Unknown? Any spot in the IB team?
Yeah I am down. I will be playing after I finish doing the raids, nightfalls and weeklies. Got 5 hours since I have class now. But will get on afterwards.

Jinjo

So just to be clear, if Nightfall awards Strange Coins now it does so in addition to, as opposed to instead of, a weapon/armor reward?

Because all I got was Strange Coins on all 3 of my characters last week and it sucked. Getting SCs on top of weapons/armor sounds sweet though. Prepare for a 300 SC Gjallarhorn being sold soon :p

I think it can award more than 9 strange coins now is what they meant. If that means the 5 strance coin reward is still there I don't know. Hopefully it's something like 10-18 strange coins now instead (basicly double rewards).

Actually, I might only play my Warlock in IB this week. I really only just need the weapons, but I think the IB gloves might look better on Starfire Protocol than the raid gloves. I'm a bit torn really, I'd like to max out marks/get extra set of gloves on my Titan this week too though. Problem is, I'll be away for 1,5 day this weekend so I might be forced to stick to one.

Daemul

Can you still solo the bridge part of the Raid the old way? I.e go into back room to get enemies to spawn the other side and then snipe, or do you need to cross to the other side?

Namikaze1

Got a legendary engram from a dreg in Nightfall.

Edit: And got The Crash with Return to Sender, Field Scout, Snapshot, High Caliber Bullets, and Shot Package.

Daigoro

Buff is up, but the % is really low like 10%, not a huge jump, but say Friday onward, shit climbs up to 80-125% by the final day (Monday)

If you have say the emblem, shader, class item, that's 30% right there, you can buy the buff for a mote for an extra 10%, or save the mote, until the % starts working your favor
Now if you have nothing, just buy the buff, I mean 10% bonus at the start is not that bad

ok cool. thanks for the breakdown. i have the shader and i think the class item, so ill use those for now.

didnt realize the initial buff was so low. probably not worth it until Thursday for me at the earliest when i have some time to put in some good hours.

thanks again.

Kensuke

Just got Thunderlord from the Nightfall! Fuck yeah. Now the only exotic I'm missing is Hawkmoon. The one I wanted the most from the very start. That's Destiny for you.

Wow, amazing Crotas End runs. 1 hour and 50 minutes to complete 3 runs.

Killed Crota for the first time with the sword!

Got my last character to 32!

Got 3 exotic drops, only 1 new one, Universal Remote. That makes it 22/24 exotic weapons now! Just need 4th Horseman and Red Death.

Top Bottom