• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I love Rumble. Possibly my favorite mode.
Man, I just had five wins out of seven games. It was quite the tear. I even got placed into a Rumble match late and just whomped all over. Definitely saving that clip! :D After all that adrenaline, now I need a cigarette break, and I don't even smoke! :p

David___

Banned
I've been digging in to the Grimoire and there's some seriously great lore and back stories in here.

Kinda maddening why the hell this stuff isn't clarified in the game.

There's stuff about the true motives of the Future War Cult (they can see into possible futures, or had a device that could), some really interesting stuff about Rasputin first detecting the Darkness.

Why on earth didn't they write this stuff in to the narrative of the game somehow,

And that's before we get to the color pieces like the Thorn and Last Word backstory.

Crazy to have all of this great Sci-Fi right at your fingertips then release an end product which showcases none of it and is rightly pasted for a lack of story.

They literally did the Grimiore cards last minute. Its no surprise it isnt in the game.

Dave_6

About to do todays Eris bounties and maybe a few Vanguards as I have too many weapons to still level up. Anyone up for running two VoG runs sometime later today or tonight? I need shards and still want the Warlock helm and the Hunter cloak, or maybe something better from the exotic chest.

EL CUCO

OT but can anybody recommend me a good strong wireless router for my bedroom PS4? There seems to be a ton of interference in my area and my cheap Comcast router isn't doing the job. It's about 30ft away from my console.

Heading to Bestbuy now to see what I can find.

Nebula

OT but can anybody recommend me a good strong wireless router for my bedroom PS4? There seems to be a ton of interference in my area and my cheap Comcast router isn't doing the job. It's about 30ft away from my console.

Don't go wireless. Problem solved.

Deku Tree

Anything with N rated signal. I use apple Airport but don't buy one of those if your not locked into Apple.

darthbob

First of all, what's your price range? Second, why Best Buy?

I wish black hammer had either unflinching or allowed more time between critical hits. Would make it more than just a boss shooting weapon. If it had both it would probably be the best weapon in the game

I can't go that far but one of its great qualities is that you can also equip GH. BH+GH=OP.

Nothus

Ugh, just tried to solo the nightfall, got all the way to Omnigul and had her beyond half health. Died to a random bullet that hit my grenade as it left my hand. 40 minutes of effort wasted.

Reached glimmer cap, bought half your glimmer cap worth of special synths for Invective bounty (silly when you think about it), and reached cap again today. Thanks for letting me drop in.

Might buy a bunch of green emblems to get class gear mats since I need like 100 for each "alt". Anyone know how much they are?

Ugh, just tried to solo the nightfall, got all the way to Omnigul and had her beyond half health. Died to a random bullet that hit my grenade as it left my hand. 40 minutes of effort wasted.

I strongly strongly recommend against solo'ing NFs these days. They changed the damage scaling which makes it harder to solo and easier the more people you have (outside of the fact that more people help for obvious reasons). This week's NF can be done in maybe ~8 minutes with a decent team of people from around here.

lol at strikes with black hammer and gjallarhorn.

Yeah I'd be curious to see exactly how fast you could do some strikes with this loadout + as many Titans as possible for I-WoL. Bosses would melt.

Also, why is your lady angry now?

It's sad that the only way to get a worthwhile hand cannon now is lucking into a decent set of perks on a drop. Almost all of the vendor guns are crap now. That Two to the Morgue shotty is about the only worthwhile weapon I want.

DLC weapons are mostly underwhelming, especially the exotics which are basically a dumpster fire that Necrocasm will fall into soon. Can't wait to see what the next exotic tuning patch looks like.

That said, there's still some good vendor stuff. Another NITC scout, LDR sniper and Secret Handshake shotty at Vanguard. Saterienne Rapier scout at Crucible. At least those are the ones I know about that are good.

Yeah I don't know why they had to go and make soloing Nightfall more difficult. If they just had matchmaking in the first place, people wouldn't be trying to solo it.

However, most are still pretty simple to do, since there are cheese spots still. Omnigul is probably the hardest, since there's not that many spots to abuse.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
just prompted for an update on xboxone. I was on last night. Does anyone know what that's for don't see any patch notes?

i'm curious what primary weapons everyone carries with them. i keep ending up with blue primaries at the postmaster, so i feel like i should free up some space. not sure what to vault though.

G7fhMhN.jpg

Yeah I'd be curious to see exactly how fast you could do some strikes with this loadout + as many Titans as possible for I-WoL. Bosses would melt.

Also, why is your lady angry now?

nami was hogging all the avatar quotes

So I learned so much about the game's mechanics from gorgons. Anyone else use that to their advantage throughout the game? sneaking and such?

xCobalt

Reached glimmer cap, bought half your glimmer cap worth of special synths for Invective bounty (silly when you think about it), and reached cap again today. Thanks for letting me drop in.

Might buy a bunch of green emblems to get class gear mats since I need like 100 for each "alt". Anyone know how much they are?

Vanguard quartermaster sells a green helmet for 250 glimmer.

This Xur weekend really hurt my resource pool. No shards, coins aren't that great despite not buying much, and struggling to recover glimmer during my catch up on bounties.

Good news is that all of my Exotics worth upgraded I've done so (Super Good Advice I'll wait for a missive). Allows me to ditch the ATS/8 for Knucklehead Radar or Achylophage Symbiote.

border

So I learned so much about the game's mechanics from gorgons. Anyone else use that to their advantage throughout the game? sneaking and such?

What did the Gorgons teach you?

I ninja everything that I can. But I'm a hunter so there's not much to learn -- cloak and dash.

Solo'ing the Thrall Abyss in Crota's End has always been a really fun challenge. The Don't Touch Me gauntlets will probably make it too easy.

R0ckman

i'm curious what primary weapons everyone carries with them. i keep ending up with blue primaries at the postmaster, so i feel like i should free up some space. not sure what to vault though.

G7fhMhN.jpg

nami was hogging all the avatar quotes

Is that Epilogue? What's the point in ALWAYS carrying it?

oSoLucky

i'm curious what primary weapons everyone carries with them.

Warlock - Vex Mythoclast, Badger CCL, Monte Carlo

Titan - Hard Light, Coiled Hiss, Vision of Confluence

Hunter - Thorn, Suros Regime, Badger CCL, Vision of Confluence

I keep my weapons spread so that every character has at least 2 weapons that I like to use in every slot so that I don't have to keep switching.

Is that Epilogue? What's the point in ALWAYS carrying it?

Random Vex strike?

What did the Gorgons teach you?

I ninja everything that I can. But I'm a hunter so there's not much to learn -- cloak and dash.

Solo'ing the Thrall Abyss in Crota's End has always been a really fun challenge. The Don't Touch Me gauntlets will probably make it too easy.
can't really go into detail because i'm busy playing, also I can't explain stuff well. anywys mostly it's 90% "they go/attack your last known position. I use this a lot to flank and shoot them from behind or to run away and get a better spot

R0ckman

Oh yeah, FINALLY got a team of complete idiots and went on a sniping frenzy, almost got through the match without being killed but after a while the opposite team became obsessed with taking me out, basically throwing away the control objective to swarm me. I was the only one staying around one area defending the zone, not sure where my other team members went during the time, they just all surrounded the zone to take me out.

Top Bottom