• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

JTran2003

I just cant stop playing, Ive touched nothing else since The Dark Below came out

This has been the only game I played since launch. Don't buy games anymore for this one takes up too much of my time. Even with all the flaws I can't stop playing. Not a perfect 10 but my game of '14 just cause of how I can't put it down. I do enjoy and have a lot of fun!

I am absolutely addicted to this game. There's no other way to describe my playing habits.
I've been up since bounty reset. Played for seven hours straight. I took a break and watched Bowling for Columbine, as I saw it on Netflix and had never watched it before. It was exceptional and very moving. Made me double-think talking about killing hive in a previous post. Ha! I'm starting to crash now, and it's only 12:30 PM. So, yeah, the addiction is real. Always gotta chase that yellow dragon, though...

todd360

First episode of the podcast is today if everything goes well. It won't be released until we finish working on all the other stuff though. I just thought it would be good to have the discussion done while the topic is fresh. The main topic will be the new dlc leak.

No set time yet. Hawkian and frenden will be on if we get a time that works for everyone. I would like two more people for the first episode. Possibly fig if I can get ahold of her. I need one more person who's interested in being on for episode one. You just need to have Skype installed and send me your Skype name over pm. Also have a mic. It would be great if you have a decent mic as well. Something better than an internal laptop mic lol.

Maybe we could do it at 6 pm est? Oh yeah we will probably be talking for an hour.

I just cant stop playing, Ive touched nothing else since The Dark Below came out

I've been the same way. I actually stopped playing for about a month or so. Then Dark Below came out and I've been playing daily again. I imagine this trend is going to continue. I'll probably get bored around February, take a break, and come back for House of Wolves.

I've been the same way. I actually stopped playing for about a month or so. Then Dark Below came out and I've been playing daily again. I imagine this trend is going to continue. I'll probably get bored around February, take a break, and come back for House of Wolves.
That's basically been my pattern of play too. Once I pick it back up and get sucked back in, that's the only game I'll really want to play for a solid month/month and a half, then I'll give it a break for a while, randomly decide to play it and the cycle starts all over again!

Hung Wei Lo

um..I thought VOG doesn't give XP? I forgot to change armour and it's leveling up

..btw, I missed out on the glimmer farming group, but realized I have a CP, so if anyone wants to join, PSN is Kinezo

Deku Tree

um..I thought VOG doesn't give XP? I forgot to change armour and it's leveling up

..btw, I missed out on the glimmer farming group, but realized I have a CP, so if anyone wants to join, PSN is Kinezo

GK gives glimmer and XP and no other section for some weird reason.

rNilla

Y'all need help!

I keep trying to distance myself from the game with Far Cry but I keep getting pull back in. Fucking Destiny! Let me beat Far Cry 4 dammit!
If it weren't for DestinyGAF I would have stopped playing a long time ago. Instead I'm caught up in the zeitgeist.

Basically it's all your fault Nami.

phen0m24

I am absolutely addicted to this game. There's no other way to describe my playing habits.

I'll be honest. The game gets to me. Like: The thought of leveling another exotic (1st world problems, I know) is exhausting. Staring at a screen full of incomplete bounties is like "Oh gosh not again." Especially Mars or the moon. Ugh.

So what brings me back? The people. Running with deaf & Co. My kid getting to Nightfall with Fig and Comms, and getting schooled by Twilight Gap. Raiding in the Fun Run and hearing Hoodbury pick on scarletham. ;) Pugging with new cool people all the time and realizing that in nearly every case, everyone is having fun and making friends.

GAF>game

This is the worst ROC playlist ever.
Valus
Valus
Psions
Undying Mind
Omnigul
Valus
Omnigul

That's brutal. Had a pretty killer run the other day, mostly Nexus and Phogoth.

Btw anybody try pseudo-speed running strikes? We got ~5:25 on Nexus and <6 on Phogoth (Roc strikes), but weren't taking it super seriously. I'm sure you could get much shorter times if you really min/maxed to the max.

I've touched virtually nothing else since Destiny came out. Replayed and beat Resogun, Binding of Isaac and Unfinished Swan on the Vita over holidays... because remote play didn't work.

EL CUCO

Btw anybody try pseudo-speed running strikes? We got ~5:25 on Nexus and <6 on Phogoth (Roc strikes), but weren't taking it super seriously. I'm sure you could get much shorter times if you really min/maxed to the max.

That's the only I play the ROC strikes. I like to run through it quickly doing crazy stuff I wouldn't be doing on a weekly or Nightfall. Makes it alot more fun, IMO.

X-Frame

Nice, first time solo'ing the first 2 parts of the raid. Such a casual stroll. Got another piece of raid gauntlets (Intellect & Discipline this time, perfect!) and some mats.

That's the only I play the ROC strikes. I like to run through it quickly doing crazy stuff I wouldn't be doing on a weekly or Nightfall. Makes it alot more fun, IMO.

Yeah, exactly. It really puts the strikes in a better light than a lot of NFalls. It's still enough of a challenge to be engaging but not so overdone to make you play it boringly cautious (like Omnigull arc burn NF). Speed running is just a way to make it more interesting/challenging.

Frenden

Banned
Husk of the Pit. I wasn't farming for it. I absolutely hate high RoF, low-impact auto rifles.

I'm not going to bother leveling it until we find out what it turns into.

Does it?

I guess the mission select in the director does call them "Patrol the Moon" or wherever. But 1 public event could only be 1 actual event. The language lines up with the 1 patrol.

I don't know.

I thought patrol missions and public events would be added free. =/

I was really hoping there would be more free additional content. The patches and changes are nice. Iron Banner is alright, there have been no good PvE events and the Queens Wrath was awful.

One patrol would most likely mean one patrol area. As for one public event, I guess they mean another variant of chase the VIP, protect the Warsat, Devil walker, defend the Conflux. Could be one that can pop up in any patrol area, but probably will be like the Conflux on Venus, where the PE only happens on the Reef.

In my fantasy world, a new PE wouldn't be a DLC bullet point, but something that just changes and grows a bit each month. I can't find the quote, but it was something about a dedicated team who was responsible for adding new things to do every day.

gdt

Again hit the cap on vanguard marks and have nothing to buy. I used to buy armor for the shards but now ass shards are useless. Bought the vanguard auto rifle and shotgun, I guess I might buy the heavy.

And is it just me or are the two new Hunter cloaks at the vanguard exactly the same except for that stupid walkie talkie. There's another cloak just like it too.

Edit: factions need to accept vanguard marks. As it is I have nothing to spend them on.

Frenden

Banned
Again hit the cap on vanguard marks and have nothing to buy. I used to buy armor for the shards but now ass shards are useless. Bought the vanguard auto rifle and shotgun, I guess I might buy the heavy.

And is it just me or are the two new Hunter cloaks at the vanguard exactly the same except for that stupid walkie talkie. There's another cloak just like it too.

Seems that way at a glance. I love the walkie talkie, though. I wear the full gravebreaker set with no shaders in the tower. Looks so rad.

border

Just out of curiosity is that with or without cheesing the bosses?

panda-zebra

Does that +2 Agility perk on some weapons actually do anything useful?

Teammate told me he could clearly see me jump higher when I had murmur equipped and perk active. Had no problems making it onto the rock at the bridge in CE holding a +2 weapon, before that I struggled although that could equally have been me just being crap, it's been known.

Is it wrong to start another character so they can hold inventory for you?

That's where it all begins to get serious... what starts off as a mule becomes a viable character and 2nd or 3rd chance to weekly/nightfallraid before you know it.

I am going to go record as saying I like Rumble a lot. The games go by very quick and I'm constantly on the edge of my seat playing. I am having a tough time dealing with the adrenaline rush, though. Haha!

Just out of curiosity is that with or without cheesing the bosses?

Cheese-free in all cases. Although Black Hammer is basically the "cheesiest' thing for most Strike bosses. Higher DPS than God Horn over the life of a Strike boss as long as you hit most of your crits. Which is easy enough to do with bosses where you can get good positioning (Nexus) or ones that stun lock (Phogoth, Archon Priest).

X-Frame

Edit: factions need to accept vanguard marks. As it is I have nothing to spend them on.

I would check out the LDR sniper rifle from the Vanguard. I think I am going to buy it soon -- I need an Arc Sniper plus it has as much impact as the Icebreaker, AP Rounds, Unflinching, and the short-range scope.

Top Bottom