• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I'll be honest. The game gets to me. Like: The thought of leveling another exotic (1st world problems, I know) is exhausting. Staring at a screen full of incomplete bounties is like "Oh gosh not again." Especially Mars or the moon. Ugh.

So what brings me back? The people. Running with deaf & Co. My kid getting to Nightfall with Fig and Comms, and getting schooled by Twilight Gap. Raiding in the Fun Run and hearing Hoodbury pick on scarletham. ;) Pugging with new cool people all the time and realizing that in nearly every case, everyone is having fun and making friends.

GAF>game

Yup. That's exactly where I'm at with the game as well. The online community is great

gdt

I would check out the LDR sniper rifle from the Vanguard. I think I am going to buy it soon -- I need an Arc Sniper plus it has as much impact as the Icebreaker, AP Rounds, Unflinching, and the short-range scope.

I have 2, but I'll look at the perks.

B6cojHoIMAEMyz5.jpg:orig

Outside of Fatebringer, this roll of TDYD has to be the best legendary hand cannon I've ever used. The vendor version is awful, but when I got the field scout perk I was shocked that it almost tripled the clip size! Also it fast reloads when the clip is empty and refills grenade energy with kills. Every time I reload I have a grenade, it is awesome.

Does it?

I guess the mission select in the director does call them "Patrol the Moon" or wherever. But 1 public event could only be 1 actual event. The language lines up with the 1 patrol.

I don't know.

I thought patrol missions and public events would be added free. =/

I was really hoping there would be more free additional content. The patches and changes are nice. Iron Banner is alright, there have been no good PvE events and the Queens Wrath was awful.

I am expecting 1 new patrol to mean 1 new playable map i.e. planet/moon. 1 new public event is just whatever new event is made for the new patrol.

I wish black hammer had either unflinching or allowed more time between critical hits. Would make it more than just a boss shooting weapon. If it had both it would probably be the best weapon in the game

I would check out the LDR sniper rifle from the Vanguard. I think I am going to buy it soon -- I need an Arc Sniper plus it has as much impact as the Icebreaker, AP Rounds, Unflinching, and the short-range scope.

LDR is good, and has good vendor perks. Just got a void one as a vanguard reward, so now I have one in all flavors, all with good perks. Really solid sniper.

Deku Tree

Outside of Fatebringer, this roll of TDYD has to be the best legendary hand cannon I've ever used. The vendor version is awful, but when I got the field scout perk I was shocked that it almost tripled the clip size! Also it fast reloads when the clip is empty and refills grenade energy with kills. Every time I reload I have a grenade, it is awesome.

Mine has return to sender, field scout, and mulligan. So much ammo. Love it.

I wish black hammer had either unflinching or allowed more time between critical hits. Would make it more than just a boss shooting weapon. If it had both it would probably be the best weapon in the game

Totally agree. Should just be three crits in a row, not rapidly. Would be nice if were three out of 4 with a four round clip as well. That way it's still a good sniper if you aren't getting crits all over the place.

Does it?

I guess the mission select in the director does call them "Patrol the Moon" or wherever. But 1 public event could only be 1 actual event. The language lines up with the 1 patrol.

I don't know.

I was really hoping there would be more free additional content. The patches and changes are nice. Iron Banner is alright, there have been no good PvE events and the Queens Wrath was awful.

I think the Queen's Wrath was a lot more interesting than whatever Eris has been doing. At least we had missions with modifiers. I find that more interesting than waking up the hive every night to do the same bounties over and over again

Totally agree. Should just be three crits in a row, not rapidly. Would be nice if were three out of 4 with a four round clip as well. That way it's still a good sniper if you aren't getting crits all over the place.

When I read the description for the perk I thought that's what it meant. 3 critical hits. Didn't expect such a short timer between shots. Makes the weapon very situational

Rubenov

I'm at Skywatch waiting for Urzok; next event should be in about 5 minutes or so if anyone needs to kill him. PSN: Rubenov25

X-Frame

I feel like a hamster on the wheel.

You wouldn't happen to be offering your services to kill Crota 1 more time today, are you? O:)

I solo'd the first 2 parts from what you showed me yesterday, so all I have is the 2nd chest to get and Crota, and I'm good for the week, haha. If you've done it enough and don't want to again, totally understand. I'm sure you do it 25 times a week.

Do you feel addicted?

Sometimes I do. I'm trying to avoid playing the game for the grind, trying to ignore it.
Lately I've been playing crucible with friends for fun and helping people with the CE raid, again for fun.

Tell me about it. Pretty crappy we have to resort to this.

I couldn't continue with that, I is sorry :-(

You wouldn't happen to be offering your services to kill Crota 1 more time today, are you? O:)

I solo'd the first 2 parts from what you showed me yesterday, so all I have is the 2nd chest to get and Crota, and I'm good for the week, haha. If you've done it enough and don't want to again, totally understand. I'm sure you do it 25 times a week.

I"m always down for killing crota :-D

Does it?

I don't know.

It has to be one new patrol area. It's not a selling point if it's not. The Crota Sword events on earth are kind of like new patrols and they didn't even tell people about them.

It's basically going to work like this.

Destiny 1 is the big world and House of Wolves/The Dark Below explore the worlds more.

Comet 1 is another big update with new locations Vex ???/Forge of Gods explore that world more.

House of Wolves/The Dark Below/Vex ???/Forge of Gods are all akin to typical DLC

Comets are more like typical Expansion packs from MMO's just nerfed down to Destiny standards and opening the ability up for more Destiny flavor DLC

Sometimes I do. I'm trying to avoid playing the game for the grind, trying to ignore it.
Lately I've been playing crucible with friends for fun and helping people with the CE raid, again for fun.

Been doing the same thing. Not playing as much as before and when I do play I don't treat as a job. I do whatever I feel like doing instead of constant grinding.

I have all the gear And shards to be 32 but I haven't been doing too many bounties so my gear isn't leveled yet. I figure what's the rush? Not like 32 matters that much at this point. Guess I'm not taking it as serious as I used to. Losing progress on all my exotics taught me not to spend too much time grinding

cilonen

I've been digging in to the Grimoire and there's some seriously great lore and back stories in here.

Kinda maddening why the hell this stuff isn't clarified in the game.

There's stuff about the true motives of the Future War Cult (they can see into possible futures, or had a device that could), some really interesting stuff about Rasputin first detecting the Darkness.

Why on earth didn't they write this stuff in to the narrative of the game somehow,

And that's before we get to the color pieces like the Thorn and Last Word backstory.

Crazy to have all of this great Sci-Fi right at your fingertips then release an end product which showcases none of it and is rightly pasted for a lack of story.

hey guys, I'm wanna partake in Crota's End today or tomorrow pretty please

please PM if you are time specific. I'm on the east coast

PSN: JeRkY

level 31 lock

I couldn't continue with that, I is sorry :-(

I"m always down for killing crota :-D

Until Monday night when you realize that you still have a Nightfall and two Weekly's to do...

I try to not grind, but I feel like I can't miss one of the 3x3x3's. I'm fine not grinding bounties, until I notice that I'm close to a milestone (331 on a weapon or 31/32 on a toon), then I can't stop.

Until Monday night when you realize that you still have a Nightfall and two Weekly's to do...

I try to not grind, but I feel like I can't miss one of the 3x3x3's. I'm fine not grinding bounties, until I notice that I'm close to a milestone (331 on a weapon or 31/32 on a toon), then I can't stop.

I was like that till I got all the weapons I wanted. I didn't do last week's nightfalls and I've done 2 out of 3 this week because solar burn makes it really easy.

Frenden

Banned

For me, it's the rank-ups that keep me going. I'll feel burnt out on bounties or strikes and see that I'm a few bounties or engrams from a rank and grind, like, 20 patrols to get that final 1/4 of a rank in Vanguard.

I seldom get anything good from the Vanguard packages, but the lever on the slot machine beckons.

Is it wrong to start another character so they can hold inventory for you?

Lvl 2 Titan helped to make room in my vault. Got tired of waiting on bungie to fix it.
Maybe someday I will let him roam the world.
he's like a knight's squire, holding all your spoils for you when you return home and listening you your tales of legend

It's sad that the only way to get a worthwhile hand cannon now is lucking into a decent set of perks on a drop. Almost all of the vendor guns are crap now. That Two to the Morgue shotty is about the only worthwhile weapon I want.

Frenden

Banned
It's sad that the only way to get a worthwhile hand cannon now is lucking into a decent set of perks on a drop. Almost all of the vendor guns are crap now. That Two to the Morgue shotty is about the only worthwhile weapon I want.

Yeah. I lucked out and got two decent, random legendary hand cannon rolls last week.

I just got a Two to the Morgue that rolled void damage, Luck in the Chamber, Hammer Forged, and Crowd Control. It should be a BEAST. I'm so excited.

Top Bottom