• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Animation cancel? Is that just doing r1+r2 immediately?

Right. As soon as the 2nd R2 smash connects, he presses r1+r2 to immediately do the super without waiting for the full animation reset like he has to do between each R2 attack.

Just need to get more orbs available so that he could do 4 R2s + 1 super per shield break. Not sure if that would kill him in two shield breaks or not.

Hiko

Banned
i'm curious what primary weapons everyone carries with them. i keep ending up with blue primaries at the postmaster, so i feel like i should free up some space. not sure what to vault though.

G7fhMhN.jpg

nami was hogging all the avatar quotes

For PvE I use Vanquisher VIII or Up For Anything. I hardly ever use Suros Regime anymore.

For PvP I only use The Last Word. Absurdly low TTK and super fun to use.

forrest

formerly nacire
I have the hard mode Gorgon. Lemme load up and you guys can jump in. Psn = grimlock33

Made ft public if anyone else wants the cp.

Edit: mic is charging to sorry I can't chit chat right now lol.

Thx for the chest man, I'll get it on my other Hunter later. I forgot you have to swap gear around to be able to join and I have to do something else right now that can't wait. Thanks again!

border

Is it possible to solo the second chest of Crota's End as a Hunter?

I gave it a go a couple nights ago and it seemed kinda hopeless.

I saw a video of it solo'ed by a Titan, but he was able to use his Super to get some cover on the second shrieker.

Hmmm, pretty sure I saw you swap out gear with us the other day at Atheon. I see how it is :p

Lol, okay, I'm busted.

What I should say is that I take the time to at least get my horn whenever I'm helping others with a raid. Not fair to them if I offer to help but don't bring my A-game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People still farming glimmer? Just like xplicit I need to get materials too for my Hunter to reach 32. And for my Warlock once she gets to 20.

Bogeypop

It's that time again! Who wants to be an Exotic-aire! Today contestants will be pit against a gauntlet of Roc Strikes in hopes of getting a sweet lick of that shiny brass ring. My Fireteam yesterday had the honor of getting TWO Exotics in a very short time-span (one of them happened to go to myself). Who will join me?

coy

Man fuck Urzok. I'm here with 2 randoms and we couldn't even take down his shield. I unloaded all my raid fusion and MG rounds, both arc, while they shot too and he didn't even care. If anyone else needs this, come suffer with me. No mic as I'm a bit ill.

PSN: coyquettish

LiK

Man fuck Urzok. I'm here with 2 randoms and we couldn't even take down his shield. I unloaded all my raid fusion and MG rounds, both arc, while they shot too and he wouldn't even care. If anyone else needs this, come suffer with me. No mic as I'm a bit ill.

Weird, I was with one random and got him down first try, I was using the CE Raid HMG. Not even upgraded.

Bogeypop

Man fuck Urzok. I'm here with 2 randoms and we couldn't even take down his shield. I unloaded all my raid fusion and MG rounds, both arc, while they shot too and he wouldn't even care. If anyone else needs this, come suffer with me. No mic as I'm a bit ill.

I don't need it, but I don't mind helping you out as I'm clearly an expert at killing Urzok if you're up from some Roc Strikes afterwards.

EDIT: I wish PS4 streaming on Twitch was better, you have to reload the page a couple of times until it shows the right clip...
rKezHdU.png

Lol, okay, I'm busted.

What I should say is that I take the time to at least get my horn whenever I'm helping others with a raid. Not fair to them if I offer to help but don't bring my A-game.

Just giving you a hard time. The Horn is always welcome, regardless of the situation.

coy

Weird, I was with one random and got him down first try, I was using the CE Raid HMG. Not even upgraded.
I read how this can be a hassle so prepped for it with bringing arc weapons. Unless the other 2, 29 and 31, were not actually hitting him, he was obscenely durable.

RemiLP

Man fuck Urzok. I'm here with 2 randoms and we couldn't even take down his shield. I unloaded all my raid fusion and MG rounds, both arc, while they shot too and he didn't even care. If anyone else needs this, come suffer with me. No mic as I'm a bit ill.

Its not that hard if u get the defend event. I couldnt touch him during the enemies move against each other event. But took him down easely when i finale got a different public event.

JAYinHD

I have the hard mode Gorgon. Lemme load up and you guys can jump in. Psn = grimlock33

Made ft public if anyone else wants the cp.

Edit: mic is charging to sorry I can't chit chat right now lol.

Just sent you a message if you're still doing it.

Edit: Appreciate it grimlock33!

todd360

Ok I got bitmaps skype name.

Need skype name list.

Hawkian
Frenden
Fig

6 pm est is when were going to meet up to record on skype. If anyone can't make it I'll try to get other people from destinygaf around that time.

coy

Its not that hard if u get the defend event. I couldnt touch him during the enemies move against each other event. But took him down easely when i finale got a different public event.
No public event. :/

Edit: I didn't see the usual things with a public event like the orange text and timer.

People still farming glimmer? Just like xplicit I need to get materials too for my Hunter to reach 32. And for my Warlock once she gets to 20.

Bonus GK farming tip: When you pick up a green engram, equip it until the XP levels it up. You'll get twice as many armor upgrade materials when you dismantle it.

I just bought a ton of the Vanguard quartermaster helms for 250. I'm down to farm. We can start a group if there aren't any

No public event. :/

Edit: I didn't see the usual things with a public event like the orange text and timer.

That's still a "public event," it's just the "enemies move against each other" version so there are way more enemies that spawn. It doesn't give the usual PE indicators or count towards the daily PE postmaster package, etc. Happens instead of the usual PEs at certain locations. There's also a "Pikes appear" version where a couple dregs on Pikes round out of spawn caves, like the Ember Caves on Venus.

coy

Yeah much easier during a public event. Of course, it started off beautifully:

1) I happened to be sitting near where the event would start promptly killing me when the warsat thing came down

2) I used a heavy synth during my death as I was low, but my consumables were already full so no heavy during the fight haha

It is done which is what counts. Appreciated the hand xGrief.

Is it possible to solo the second chest of Crota's End as a Hunter?.

You can solo every part of the raid as any class. Hunters can use BDancer for invis/mobility. Just make sure to die before entering the last room with the pit if you aren't going to make it in time, i.e. the door is already closing.

coy

That's still a "public event," it's just the "enemies move against each other" version so there are way more enemies that spawn. It doesn't give the usual PE indicators or count towards the daily PE postmaster package, etc. Happens instead of the usual PEs at certain locations. There's also a "Pikes appear" version where a couple dregs on Pikes round out of spawn caves, like the Ember Caves on Venus.
the_more_you_know_nbc.gif

The more you know....

...about Destiny, the more you feel like a crazy person. I know too much by now, need to start forgetting things. Played with a couple non-gaf buddies this morning, they hadn't played much since early VoG days. I was like a fucking Wiki page constantly answering questions about minutia that no person should have committed to memory.

MrDaravon

So I'm coming back to the game after dropping it around 4-6 weeks (~200 hours IIRC) after launch due to the same complaints most people have (core gameplay is great, everything else around it is largely a mess). I haven't really followed anything since then at all, I'll catch up on all the patch notes and everything, but in the meantime how critical is it to get the DLC? Was hoping to wait until my next paycheck in two weeks to get it, but if it's super important for core stuff I can get it now. I did just about everything outside of the Raid before dropping the game, I'm on 360 sadly and we didn't have enough people in our group to do the Raid and it was a hard time getting a 360 group together. Have a 28 Hunter, and I'd gotten a Titan and Warlock up to mid-20s super quick just to do it.

This game is a terrible addiction lol

Korosenai

i'm curious what primary weapons everyone carries with them. i keep ending up with blue primaries at the postmaster, so i feel like i should free up some space. not sure what to vault though.

G7fhMhN.jpg

nami was hogging all the avatar quotes
My primaries look exactly the same minus hard light, no land beyond, and ally. The last word is primarily my skirmish and rumble weapon.

...about Destiny, the more you feel like a crazy person. I know too much by now, need to start forgetting things. Played with a couple non-gaf buddies this morning, they hadn't played much since early VoG days. I was like a fucking Wiki page constantly answering questions about minutia that no person should have committed to memory.

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

I'm totally the same way, but not with just Destiny but many things in life. My wife has started to resent me for it and I can even see her roll her eyes and feel awkward when I bring up some obscure detail or fact around other people.

coy

At least folks will listen to you. My friends of 20+ years with all the same hobbies say I nerd out too much when it comes to this game.

So I'm coming back to the game after dropping it around 4-6 weeks (~200 hours IIRC) after launch due to the same complaints most people have (core gameplay is great, everything else around it is largely a mess). I haven't really followed anything since then at all, I'll catch up on all the patch notes and everything, but in the meantime how critical is it to get the DLC? Was hoping to wait until my next paycheck in two weeks to get it, but if it's super important for core stuff I can get it now. I did just about everything outside of the Raid before dropping the game, I'm on 360 sadly and we didn't have enough people in our group to do the Raid and it was a hard time getting a 360 group together. Have a 28 Hunter, and I'd gotten a Titan and Warlock up to mid-20s super quick just to do it.

Getting the DLC is not critical, but Bungie did increase the base level of Daily/Weekly content up to level 30 so you will be at a disadvantage longer. Also, Bungie has added the DLC missions and strikes to the Daily/Weekly rotation so if you don't have the content, you are SOL for Nightfall/Heroics or Dailies. Probably the most controversial and criticized move of the DLC. Outside of this, you can still play everything just the same and have fun.

If you haven't done Vault of Glass raid, the DLC is not remotely critical in terms of content. There are 3 awful story missions, 1 decent strike, and 1 fucking embarrassment of a strike. As a bonus, all of this terrible content is essentially already on your disc but locked out unless you buy the DLC.

The new raid is okay but actually a strike in disguise. Current world record for beating it without any cheesing is <14 minutes. New PvP maps have 1 really good map, 1 decent map, and 1 map that is among the worst in the history of mankind.

The only thing "critical" about the DLC is that you will be locked out of some otherwise important content. For example, this week you can't do the Night Fall and Weekly Heroic because they are a DLC strike. It's a terrible value for your money... unless playing so much Destiny stops you from buying any other games (i.e. me).

Konosuke

Welp, apparently all those bugs I posted during a flawless attempt only happen when I'm on the fireteam despite everyone having green connections...Feels terribly bad. But at least they managed to get it on their own. I've switched routers and it still happens.

Top Bottom