• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

i'm curious what primary weapons everyone carries with them. i keep ending up with blue primaries at the postmaster, so i feel like i should free up some space. not sure what to vault though.

G7fhMhN.jpg

nami was hogging all the avatar quotes

I tend to have 6 subbed with 3 empty slots for each sort. Which is normally enough space before I'd be going back to the Tower to unload anyways.

Vex, Suros, Thorn, Hawkmoon, Vision, Husk upgrade, Epilogue

I don't need all those at once and tend to only use 3/4 max but then my Vault is full :(

I only carry around four primaries, granted I probably don't have all the cool toys you guys have.

Vanquisher, Crusader, and Three Little Words. All solid legendries, then I have Hard Light which I mainly use for the Crucible.

NLB, MIDA, and Bad Juju just stay in my vault. NLB is just terrible, MIDA is decent, but it doesn't really feel like it should take up an exotic spot. Bad Juju is the old version, I'll probably just scrap it and redo the bounty since it's pretty easy.

xCobalt

Oh yeah, FINALLY got a team of complete idiots and went on a sniping frenzy, almost got through the match without being killed but after a while the opposite team became obsessed with taking me out, basically throwing away the control objective to swarm me. I was the only one staying around one area defending the zone, not sure where my other team members went during the time, they just all surrounded the zone to take me out.

Was it on Shores of Time? I love sniping on that map. I always move back and forth between B and C.

joecanada

Oh yeah, FINALLY got a team of complete idiots and went on a sniping frenzy, almost got through the match without being killed but after a while the opposite team became obsessed with taking me out, basically throwing away the control objective to swarm me. I was the only one staying around one area defending the zone, not sure where my other team members went during the time, they just all surrounded the zone to take me out.

Haha yeah you can't really obsess over how well you do every game in destiny. You can have those games where the opposite team holds most checkpoints and all heavy ammo all game and you are basically getting rockets and super deaths one after the other.

ocean

Banned
i'm curious what primary weapons everyone carries with them. i keep ending up with blue primaries at the postmaster, so i feel like i should free up some space. not sure what to vault though.

G7fhMhN.jpg

I always run with Hawkmoon, Fatebringer, VoC, Suros, Up For Anything (formerly Vanquisher) and AE. 3 open slots for drops. Only use Vex for PvP.

can't really go into detail because i'm busy playing, also I can't explain stuff well. anywys mostly it's 90% "they go/attack your last known position. I use this a lot to flank and shoot them from behind or to run away and get a better spot

also they see in front so you can sneak up behind. if you don't sprint/double jump/shoot you can get close to enemies or around them

hydruxo

G7fhMhN.jpg

ProufNA.jpg

Usually Atheons Epilogue is in the vault but I use it for VoG oracles

Is that Epilogue? What's the point in ALWAYS carrying it?

void burn? it wrecks.
Yeah, that is why I keep Atheon's Epilogue on me at all times. Though, having taken a moment to think about it, I suppose I should vault it until a void burn Nightfall actually comes around.

In response to the OP, I just keep the primary weapons I actually use. Vex Mythoclast and The Calling (for when I swap out special or heavy exotics). No sense in keeping up the clutter, in real life or in Destiny.

Is there somewhere on Bungie.net or somewhere else that explains what the medals for Crucible are?

Like the one for fusion rifle sprees and such.

Shows how much I play Crucible. I'm trying to do the bounties but don't know what some even are.

Sullichin

My loadout primarly consists of some combination of these things lately:

Primary: Thorn, TLW, Hawkmoon, MIDA Multi, Monte Carlo, No Land Beyond for shits, 331 B-Line Trauma, 331 For The People
Special: Arc Efrideet's Spear (unflinching/field scout), Ice Breaker, Plan C, Arc The Trolley Problem (accelerated coils), Secret Handshake
Heavy: 331 Solar MGA Harm's Way, Dragon's Breath, Thunderlord, Void Jolder's Hammer, Void Valedictorian RL

R0ckman

Was it on Shores of Time? I love sniping on that map. I always move back and forth between B and C.

It was actually rusted lands but shores is one of my favorite places too. I like to use the sniper in maps where the shotgun is also viable because that's what most users will chose so they won't be ready to counter snipe as quickly.

hydruxo

Is there somewhere on Bungie.net or somewhere else that explains what the medals for Crucible are?

Like the one for fusion rifle sprees and such.

Shows how much I play Crucible. I'm trying to do the bounties but don't know what some even are.

Yeah if you click on your crucible medal score on b.net it'll show all the medals you've gotten & what you have to do to get each medal

Namikaze1

I turn on the PS4 and I take a quick look outside. Where the fuck did all this snow came from?! There was nothing there an hour and a half ago! Damn, and I was planning to take a walk and buy me a 3 Month PS Plus card.

void666

Banned
Yay! Got my second vex. Now i can leave one permantly with my warlock. The power of the sun. :D
One of the guys was totally clueless about the raid and got a vex too. And my friend who is a VoG veteran is still vexless. RNG...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just had a public event for eliminating a target pop up right after I picked up a sword from a ritual. It took me about 20-30 seconds to kill the target, lol.

OT but can anybody recommend me a good strong wireless router for my bedroom PS4? There seems to be a ton of interference in my area and my cheap Comcast router isn't doing the job. It's about 30ft away from my console.

Heading to Bestbuy now to see what I can find.

Change the password type on the router. All the Comcast default ones are horrible and make the wireless suck for ps4. Put it on wpa 2 or worm thing.

If anyone is willing to share a Gorgon checkpoint I would be grateful. PSN is PROJECTWHIT if anyone is willing.

I have the hard mode Gorgon. Lemme load up and you guys can jump in. Psn = grimlock33

Made ft public if anyone else wants the cp.

Edit: mic is charging to sorry I can't chit chat right now lol.

G7fhMhN.jpg

The space vault is too low for 3 characters and for those who want to have a collection of exotic weapons.

This is what I usually carry.

keeth

Neo Member
I have the hard mode Gorgon. Lemme load up and you guys can jump in. Psn = grimlock33
Made ft public if anyone else wants the cp.

Awesome! Thanks so much.

Edit: does the checkpoint not stick unless I die? Oops.
Edit 2: okay, I guess I had to swap gear, die, or just make sure that the difficulty was set to 30 when I clicked 'Resume'. Probably just the latter. :)

Eh, 2 swords at once is still legit imo. An exploit is not a glitch and it's not a cheat. But regardless of semantics, I just see a terrible encounter design when I watch any of these videos (solo, etc.). Still fun to do them but nothing with Crota is very impressive because it's such a boring design.

For anyone curious, he's a Lv32 sword and they get 3 shield breaks on the first sword.

Sword combos per shield break:
-2 R2s + animation cancel into super + 2 R2s = ~115-120k damage
-4 R2s = 90k damage
-2 R2s, dead = 45k damage (some overkill)

Also, you can see how Weapons of Light doesn't affect the sword: 22.5k is standard damage for a Lv32 R2 smash attack.

Animation cancel? Is that just doing r1+r2 immediately?

X-Frame

Anyone need Nightfall? Level 31 with Icebreaker/Gjallarhorn for the Solar Burn.

I am at 16 of 25 strikes for the Bad Juju bounty, and would be down to help others so that I could also get 3 strikes counted towards my bounty for each run.

I group PvE and PvP stuff together. I also separate serious and non-serious PvE. For bounties, strikes, etc. I use whatever I already have on that character. Raiding, especially carrying scrubby friends/low level alts is when I make sure best-in-slots are available.

Primary: FBringer, Another NITC scout 331
Secondary: BH 331, IceB 331, Vanquisher fusion 331
Heavy: GH 331

PvP: exotic HCs, FVerdict, PsRevenge, Purifier, Jolders, GH

I mean you do have AE, NLB, Hard Light and baby Necrogarbage on you... I see a lot of easy "cuts" to make.

Top Bottom