• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Yeah that's the best part about CE flawless, the hardest part is right at the beginning and probably not very hard once you develop a solid strat. Just make sure everyone sticks together and moves quickly from lamp to lamp. Use some blind bubbles, etc. and I bet it's not too tricky.

I'm guessing a lot of people will be hitting 32 after next reset so I'll post more about it then and keep everyone in mind that's already talked to me about it.

Ha, I just remembered...The 32 I would bring is my Hunter, and I bought those Hunter arms yesterday. I'll have to level them right quick. Thrall will never even see me. May be good for the Hallway and Deathsinger as well.

Ha, I just remembered...The 32 I would bring is my Hunter, and I bought those Hunter arms yesterday. I'll have to level them right quick. Thrall will never even see me. May be good for the Hallway and Deathsinger as well.

Yeah, for sure. Honestly the best design aspect of CE is that each class has lots of opportunities for utility/value. Better overall balance for that than VoG.

See, I said something nice about CE!

The Crucible grinding is just awful. I'm at 68 marks now, 2-3 per match is ridiculous.

A 15 minute match will net you 3 max while a public event like the walker that can be completed in a minute will net you 4 Vanguard marks. The bounties for Crucible are also not easy at times but at least all are 100 rep and 5000XP.

The game on a whole has a serious issue balancing time and reward for things like patrols and more.

I really hope Destiny 2 keeps PvE and PvP separate. PvP should have an equivalent of Nightfalls, Weekly, Raid etc. It's own armour and they shouldn't cross each other. Bungie has had serious problems balancing both together so having them separate will help.

Also how have shotguns still remained this OP in Crucible? At full health and shield I am getting 1-2 shotted from across a room. What. The. Hell. It's a shotgun!!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, do tell. In ROC strikes, I usually find folks that just go in haphazardly and always get picked off. Have yet to try with a coordinated group.
It would be easier to show. Maybe I can stream some Roc strikes sometime with a GAF group and narrate.

But on the right side of the room, past the main platform, there's a little cul de sac with three protected sides. In front of you is open and knights and occasionally wizards can shoot at you (or at least the person in front), but you can place a bubble just a bit in front of that with weapons of light, and the perk to make orbs when hit, and run through it (on the other side, you'll be standing right on her platform, clear line of sight) and turn right and empty heavy into her, then dip back for cover/more weapons of light. Use Golden Gun/Nova Bomb/Radiance Nades/ehhhhhmaybeFist of Havoc on trash (the regular wizards go down to Golden Gun really nicely) to make orbs and keep the Titan able to produce bubbles. Never stop DPS.

I did a variation of this (actually a LESS defensible one, we did a lot of rezzing) the very first time I did the strike and had a fun time with it, then came online to see that most people deeply hated the boss encounter. During a Nightfall with Arc Burn though (which I realized was the first experience many had with it after unlocking) it's just not viable because such a tiny amount of stray damage kills you (and one wipe is it obviously). For everything else though...

ethomaz

Banned
I need to get the second chest in CE with two characters and kill the Crota.

I will do the Weekly now too... fell free to join.

PSN: ethomaz

One person with those gauntlets should be able to solo the lamps for the entire group.

The Crucible farming is just awful. I'm at 68 marks now, 2-3 per match is ridiculous.

A 15 minute match will net you 3 max while a public event like the walker that can be completed in a minute will net you 4 Vanguard marks.

The bounties for Crucible are also not easy at times but at least all are 100 rep and 5000XP.

The game on a whole has a serious issue balancing time and reward for things like patrols and more.

I really hope Destiny 2 keeps PvE and PvP separate. PvP should have an equivalent of Nightfalls, Weekly, Raid etc. It's own armour and they shouldn't cross each other. Bungie has had serious problems balancing both together so having them separate will help.

Also how have shotguns still remained this OP in Crucible? At full health and shield I am getting 1-2 shotted from across a room. What. The. Hell. It's a shotgun!!!

I agree. There should be quests that earn marks. Killstreaks, dominating team performance, x number of assists, x # of captured points.. Etc.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
At they very least you should earn 4 marks when your team wins a crucible match. There's something so deflating about putting the effort in to keep your team ahead and in the end it's like, gee all that work and I get ONE more than I would have. Thanks.

I agree. There should be quests that earn marks. Killstreaks, dominating team performance, x number of assists, x # of captured points.. Etc.

Control is so odd as the actual % of points a team earns for capturing points is extremely low compared to points for kills.

It is the exact opposite how that type of game type works in other games. Holding points, defending them, etc. is the majority of the points earned and the focus.

Control simply works to flip maps and control areas to maximize kills.

I am disappointed in Crucible compared to Halo MP. The worst thing being that there is no vehicle focused map that is good. Not to mention a nice large scale map that rivals Blood Gultch and the like.

The powers and weapons in Destiny are great but the balance is brutal. Not to mention how much of a spam fest it can become at times.

border

I am disappointed in Crucible compared to Halo MP. The worst thing being that there is no vehicle focused map that is good. Not to mention a nice large scale map that rivals Blood Gultch and the like.

I think it is hard to have a good vehicle map when there are no decent objective-based gametypes.

Blood Gulch would have seemed pretty crappy if all you did was play Control and team deathmatch on it.

sjay1994

10906159_10203301124632204_2991176087761261105_n.jpg

I have attained lordship.

joecanada

The Crucible grinding is just awful. I'm at 68 marks now, 2-3 per match is ridiculous.

A 15 minute match will net you 3 max while a public event like the walker that can be completed in a minute will net you 4 Vanguard marks. The bounties for Crucible are also not easy at times but at least all are 100 rep and 5000XP.

I feel your pain, I refuse to use shotguns and it is hell... For example think of this, I had my song of Ir Yut rolling straight ahead and some guy cut a corner and one shotted me through the fastest fire rate mg in the game... I mean he actually walked into the hail of bullets and killed me without dying... Where's the balance there?

Also not to rain on your parade, but many crucible bounties are 3750 not 5000

noomi

So I maxed my shiny new godhorn and took it for a spin in some ROC strikes, some other guy in the group also had one.

My God.... this weapon.... this fucking weapon is insane. We burned through EVERYTHING.

I'm never letting go.

Nice. Mine rolled with void and I was wall hacking crits on The Nexus boss from safety on that recent nightfall. :D

I feel your pain, I refuse to use shotguns and it is hell... For example think of this, I had my song of Ir Yut rolling straight ahead and some guy cut a corner and one shotted me through the fastest fire rate mg in the game... I mean he actually walked into the hail of bullets and killed me without dying... Where's the balance there?

Also not to rain on your parade, but many crucible bounties are 3750 not 5000

Shotguns have been OP since launch and despite the nerf they are still ridiculous for range and damage.

Hrmm I haven't focused on Crucible much so I just have seen that the bounties from the past few days have all been the max rep and XP.

Are those ones a bit easier? Hahaha

Need that rapier damnit!!!

I've said many times they really need to look into doing a double Rep/Mark weekend for Crucible playlist. I think it would be very popular. The only reason I can think of why they intentionally make Multiplayer such a slow drip is that people that are predominantly only PvP players don't really have the same drive or incentive to continually max out marks or rep since it is hardly necessary so they can get by hitting cap at a slower rate.

However, with this type of game I can't imagine many hardcore PvP only players would be hanging around for very long considering it has so few modes, no custom matches or organized competitive scene to speak of.

Qwell

Looking for 1 to 3 more people to knock out the raid with a clan trophy, have 3x folks in the Achieve Trophies GAF clan ready to go and I have a normal gatekeepers checkpoint, should only take like 15 minutes.

ps4 = Qwell

Top Bottom