• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Roc Strikes would be great with random modifiers and Burns. Would add a ton to replayability.

They should totally add a separate mode for this. You would literally have to juggle equips every match and be on your toes for some nasty combos. Increase the rewards etc and we have something really fun. Actually, they could make it like the Daily/Weekly and have set modifiers for the Playlist each day and rotate randomly each reset. Make it the Dragon Strike playlist, level 28.

Qwell

repost for new page:

Looking for 1 to 3 more people to knock out the raid with a clan trophy, have 3x folks in the Achieve Trophies GAF clan ready to go and I have a normal gatekeepers checkpoint, should only take like 15 minutes.

ps4 = Qwell

So I maxed my shiny new godhorn and took it for a spin in some ROC strikes, some other guy in the group also had one.

My God.... this weapon.... this fucking weapon is insane. We burned through EVERYTHING.

I'm never letting go.

I want everyone to have a GH just so there won't be anymore fake "debates" about it between the haves and have nots. I still remember a while back when I first maxed my Xur-bought GH, I had to defend its DPS in comparison to Heven Crapface.

Now just start practicing the phrase: "hey guys, I'm going to solo this (enemy/encounter/raid) real quick, brb"

acevans2

L29 Warlock and L30 Titan looking for a partner to do L28 Weekly Strike. Any takers?

PSN: theepicoftyler or Micheal_Bluth to join us

I want everyone to have a GH just so there won't be anymore fake "debates" about it between the haves and have nots. I still remember a while back when I first maxed my Xur-bought GH, I had to defend its DPS in comparison to Heven Crapface.

Now just start practicing the phrase: "hey guys, I'm going to solo this (enemy/encounter/raid) real quick, brb"

Early on everyone was gunning for Primary Exotics and I remember a lot of people panning the Ghorn at first because of that. Afterall, it was inly 17 coins vs Red Deaths 23. We were all so naive. We had a couple on the board who picked it up and talked highly of it but still not quite understanding the truly awesome power of it.

I would reset my account back to zero and start from scratch for a Gjallarhorn right now.

You guys and your GHorn talk. You don't realize what you're missing being able to roll with an exotic primary or secondary all of the time, and not giving a crap if you have ammo packs or not. The time you save killing things quickly with your crutch, you waste at the tower getting more heavy.

Shito

Fuck. I just now realized that I want that to be my exotic of choice over the Knucklehead radar. .
I can understand: I really love it. Have been loving it for a while.
Every time I play coop on my warlock or titan, I'm astonished at how long it takes to rez someone / get revived.

Are we all pretty much agreed that Xur is never going to sell Gjallerhorn or IceBreaker?
I don't think so myself.
I'm sure they'll sell them again at some point, but for the moment they have no reason to: people are still playing the game, and for us trying to get those weapons play a great part in this.

rNilla

repost for new page:

Looking for 1 to 3 more people to knock out the raid with a clan trophy, have 3x folks in the Achieve Trophies GAF clan ready to go and I have a normal gatekeepers checkpoint, should only take like 15 minutes.

ps4 = Qwell
I can help with this if you still need it. PSN rNilla.

David___

Banned
You guys and your GHorn talk. You don't realize what you're missing being able to roll with an exotic primary or secondary all of the time, and not giving a crap if you have ammo packs or not. The time you save killing things quickly with your crutch, you waste at the tower getting more heavy.

Ruin Wings breh

Don't even have Ghorn yet but Ruin Wings is still a godsend for Hunger of Crota.

I can understand: I really love it. Have been loving it for a while.
Every time I play coop on my warlock or titan, I'm astonished at how long it takes to rez someone / get revived.

Truthfully the hunter has terrible exotic armor choices despite how everyone praises the Symbolite helmet--this is why I'm trying to experiment with new exotics. In most PVE situations I never need a 4th golden gun shot or I just rather play a stealthy reviving bladedancer. In PVP I barely have enough time to pull off 3 golden gun shot let alone 4.

Just keep telling yourself that.

Early on everyone was gunning for Primary Exotics and I remember a lot of people panning the Ghorn at first because of that. We were all so naive. We had a couple on the board who picked it up and talked highly of it but still not quite understanding the truly awesome power of it.

I would reset my account back to zero and start from scratch for a Gjallarhorn right now.

Yep, that's exactly right. I'll occasionally hear some revisionist history nowadays that people "didn't have enough SCs" but everyone I knew at the time said it was a waste of an exotic spot to not be primary.

Besides, it only cost 13 STRANGE COINS. 13. strange. coins.

The other catch is that it wasn't special until the WP rounds were unlocked so most people didn't upgrade them fast enough to spread the good word until Xur was long gone.

jbortz78

Anyone else having connection issues right now?

My internet connection is fine but keep getting kicked with error codes rabbit, then baboon.

And now I cant even log in, says Destiny servers not available...

bungie needs to speed up the time between crucible matches

i think that would make grinding for marks more bearable

and plz just make every material find automatically 2 .. i never realized how tedious it was until i had 3 characters i'm looking out for

hydruxo

Finally hit 32! Had to farm glimmer & trade in a good amount of radiant energies to shards but eventually made it.

S3fzDPa.jpg

border

The problem is that so many of the boss encounters involve hiding in cover, then popping out for a few brief seconds to do massive burst damage. If the game ever allowed you to have sustained DPS with your primary weapon there wouldn't be as much love for an exotic rocket launcher or a sniper with unlimited ammunition.

phen0m24

Hands his buddy a salt shaker

;)

Shito

Truthfully the hunter has terrible exotic armor choices despite how everyone praises the Symbolite helmet--this is why I'm trying to experiment with new exotics. In most PVE situations I never need a 4th golden gun shot or I just rather play a stealthy reviving bladedancer. In PVP I barely have enough time to pull off 3 golden gun shot let alone 4.
I'm mainly a PVE player, and the hunter's supers are so awful for PVE that I usually just forget to use them. I'm usually now using my super to generate or s for my teammates.
I bought the Don't Touch Me gloves, but it's more of a collection / situation thing (care to try using it to solo the first part of CE once they patch the canon lamp thing ^^). Knucklehead seems cool, but I'm so not used to having the radar while aiming that I probably wouldn't get too much use out of it.
To me alpha lupi is probably the most slept on piece of exotic armor for the hunter. I'd say anyone playing a fair share of coop with its hunter should give it a try.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody else getting ascendant shards from patrolling? Got it twice already in random chests on patrol. That helps out a lot with new people.

Finally hit 32! Had to farm glimmer & trade in a good amount of radiant energies to shards but eventually made it.

Looks just like my hunter right now, same cape. It was worth grinding crucible to afford that cape.

I'm mainly a PVE player, and the hunter's supers are so awful for PVE that I usually just forget to use them. I'm usually now using my super to generate or s for my teammates.
I bought the Don't Touch Me gloves, but it's more of a collection / situation thing (care to try using it to solo the first part of CE once they patch the canon lamp thing ^^). Knucklehead seems cool, but I'm so not used to having the radar while aiming that I probably wouldn't get too much use out of it.
To me alpha lupi is probably the most slept on piece of exotic armor for the hunter. I'd say anyone playing a fair share of coop with its hunter should give it a try.

I completely agree with you in regards to the supers. It is so unfortunate how bad they both are.

Shito

:(

Deviant Gravity A.... Fuck this game.
My last three heavy purples turned into crappy legendary rocket launchers, with crappy perks.
Game be trolling us!

Anybody else getting ascendant shards from patrolling? Got it twice already in random chests on patrol. That helps out a lot with new people.
Got one today. Surprised the hell out of me.
Now if we could have an exchange system in place for radiant mats...

Namikaze1

ZNqa7gD.gif

Born2Live

Have you got Gjallarhorn? The only reason I ask is because my thoughts would have been exactly the same as yours before Rahool gifted me one. Now I never leave the Tower without it. It's what an exotic weapon should be. When things get serious Gjallarhorn is always in me loadout.

Ruin Wings completely eradicate the ammo problem, it literally rains purple ammo packs when I have them equipped.

Ozone

repost for new page:

ps4 = Qwell
Just sent in a request to join. Then I'll join.

xCobalt

And never again. They're going to forever withhold those weapons to keep people grinding for them. Which seems kinda shitty.

I think Xur sold Icebreaker twice. I could be wrong.

imo, you're not missing much anyways. I feel like a lot of people overstate its value. I think ever since TDB dropped, there are a lot of comparable sniper rifles. I'm currently using Efrideet's Spear.

24y7Fcj.jpg

Even though it has a lower attack, I'm still doing more damage with it thanks to the higher impact. Some people may not like the small magazine but I'm fine with it.

Rubenov

imo, you're not missing much anyways. I feel like a lot of people overstate its value. I think ever since TDB dropped, there are a lot of comparable sniper rifles. I'm currently using Efrideet's Spear.

24y7Fcj.jpg

Even though it has a lower attack, I'm still doing more damage with it thanks to the higher impact. Some people may not like the small magazine but I'm fine with it.

But you can Icebreaker entire Nightfalls with only one gun

I've come to accept I won't get the horn from an engram. I'm much happier now.

I have never had a legendary engram turn to an exotic or a blue engram to a legendary.

I have been very lucky elsewhere but I think my luck will run out soon. It's been 3 reset weeks of amazing drops and such for me. The week The Dark Below released was awful and then nothing but lucky since.

Next week scares me. But I have got my Vex and Horn, along with the armour needed for each class to get to 32. The only drops I really want are the CE raid helmets for my warlock and Hunter. Titan got his.

Glimmer farming at Gatekeepers is pretty fast.

You can get about 500 or so in every sweep which is about 1 minute with a full team. So that's about 5000 ever 10 mins by my reckoning. So in 30 mins I must have got about 15k glimmer plus 30 odd Beads to hand in and you're probably just shy of nought to full cap in 30 mins.

Shito

24y7Fcj.jpg

The point of ice breaker is not so much of how much damage it deals, but that if comes with infinite ammo.
And more than that, having ice breaker in your inventory means having infinite ammo for *anyone* of your special weapons.
It's not "ice breaker or", it's "ice breaker and".

Top Bottom