• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Have you got Gjallarhorn? The only reason I ask is because my thoughts would have been exactly the same as yours before Rahool gifted me one. Now I never leave the Tower without it. It's what an exotic weapon should be. When things get serious Gjallarhorn is always in me loadout.

Ruin Wings completely eradicate the ammo problem, it literally rains purple ammo packs when I have them equipped.

Nope, don't have it and perfectly happy that way. I was super psyched to spend the 18 ascendant energies I got this week from three nightfalls upgrading things that I've been ignoring during my search for that lame RL. I almost pity those that have one and aren't playing the game as intended.

The problem is that so many of the boss encounters involve hiding in cover, then popping out for a few brief seconds to do massive burst damage. If the game ever allowed you to have sustained DPS with your primary weapon there wouldn't be as much love for an exotic rocket launcher or a sniper with unlimited ammunition.

Yep, it is a difficult problem to solve. So many of the high level encounters necessitate turtling which encourages DPS burst over all else. It naturally molds the power ranking of all weapons.

Nope, don't have it and perfectly happy that way. I was super psyched to spend the 18 ascendant energies I got this week from three nightfalls upgrading things that I've been ignoring during my search for that lame RL. I almost pity those that have one and aren't playing the game as intended.

The day Gjallarhorn drops for you let's see you post a video Sharding it. :D

LiK

14 more Rad shards to make my Hunter 32. Annoying I need to wait for reset or get rank 4 to get enough.

Denial.

And what do you mean "play the game as intended"? That makes no sense. It's a weapon. People use it. Lol

Namikaze1

ZNqa7gD.gif

I'm sorry but it had to be posted again. Once you go Gjallarhorn, you never go back...

14 more Rad shards to make my Hunter 32. Annoying I need to wait for reset or get rank 4 to get enough.

Denial.

Are you at rank 4 yet? I am 1700 rep away. Should get there sometime next week and can then get a second character to 32. Will be my hunter. Warlock last. He is always last.

Homeboyd

Hudson you're crazy. I don't have one either, but I know it's by far the best gun in the game and would love to have one. Nothing even comes close. You get one, you're not getting rid of it or using anything over it unless it gets nerfed.

joecanada

You guys and your GHorn talk. You don't realize what you're missing being able to roll with an exotic primary or secondary all of the time, and not giving a crap if you have ammo packs or not. The time you save killing things quickly with your crutch, you waste at the tower getting more heavy.

Haha in the amount of time it would take you to kill something a team of ghorn could fly to the tower, buy heavy ammo synth and blow up the world.
I bought mine first time xur had it, 13 coins. Then of course the day I upgraded it I got a second, Rng my ass....

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Did they patch the sword swipe across the bridge by jumping off the left pillar? I used to be able to do it but now I always get killed my the TURN BACK! timer.

Consider yourself lucky then. I've found Truth twice :_;

I hate how often legendary engrams turn into ascendant materials. It shouldn't happen at all. Ever since they made Rahool guarantee a legendary was a legendary no one noticed they made ascendant materials legendary in the same patch.

Glimmer farming at Gatekeepers is pretty fast.

You can get about 500 or so in every sweep which is about 1 minute with a full team. So that's about 5000 ever 10 mins by my reckoning. So in 30 mins I must have got about 15k glimmer plus 30 odd Beads to hand in and you're probably just shy of nought to full cap in 30 mins.

I think if everyone stays as a group it's 592. Do an average of 550 per run, at 45 seconds per, about 34 minutes. When you factor in the other stuff it's about 45 minutes total. I usually save my beads in my vault for emergency haha. Like if I run out and can't find a VoG glimmer farm.

Probably especially useful if IB brings on something good.

joecanada

Shotguns have been OP since launch and despite the nerf they are still ridiculous for range and damage.

Hrmm I haven't focused on Crucible much so I just have seen that the bounties from the past few days have all been the max rep and XP.

Are those ones a bit easier? Hahaha

Need that rapier damnit!!!

Ya the 3750 ones are like " kill 25 hunters, warlock, etc... Super easy

You guys and your GHorn talk. You don't realize what you're missing being able to roll with an exotic primary or secondary all of the time, and not giving a crap if you have ammo packs or not. The time you save killing things quickly with your crutch, you waste at the tower getting more heavy.

My punishment for riding the horn is a minimum of 100 heavy synths/week. Xur better bring that shit next week, Eris's 1 pack for 5 black wax ain't so appealing.

Are we all pretty much agreed that Xur is never going to sell Gjallerhorn or IceBreaker?

GH: 0% chance unless something changes about it in the future
IB: I could see it come back. It's great but not fundamentally broken like WP rounds

Ruin Wings breh

Just did Weekly, on Omnigul alone the Wings got me 24 free gally's. When it's good, it's very good. When it's bad, I have synth.

I think Xur sold Icebreaker twice. I could be wrong..

Only once.

Glimmer farming at Gatekeepers is pretty fast.

You can get about 500 or so in every sweep which is about 1 minute with a full team. So that's about 5000 ever 10 mins by my reckoning. So in 30 mins I must have got about 15k glimmer plus 30 odd Beads to hand in and you're probably just shy of nought to full cap in 30 mins.

16 majors at 37 a pop = 592. A good round is ~40 seconds total including the respawn time, maybe 30 seconds of the actual loop. Stupid good for glimmer, armor XP, bounties like generate orbs/arc solar ability kills, class specific armor upgrade materials...

Did they patch the sword swipe across the bridge by jumping off the left pillar? I used to be able to do it but now I always get killed my the TURN BACK! timer.

They haven't patched anything since the week after The Dark Below launched. Like mid December.

xCobalt

But you can Icebreaker entire Nightfalls with only one gun

The point of ice breaker is not so much of how much damage it deals, but that if comes with infinite ammo.
And more than that, having ice breaker in your inventory means having infinite ammo for *anyone* of your special weapons.
It's not "ice breaker or", it's "ice breaker and".

The regenerating ammo is great but its not like special ammo drops are rare to begin with. It's definitely the go to weapon if you want to cheese Nightfall bosses.

Shito

The regenerating ammo is great but its not like special ammo drops are rare to begin with. It's definitely the go to weapon if you want to cheese Nightfall bosses.
It also helps a great deal when soloing the weeklies / nightfalls. Especially since they made the oh so nice change of making them harder to do solo.

My punishment for riding the horn is a minimum of 100 heavy synths/week. Xur better bring that shit next week, Eris's 1 pack for 5 black wax ain't so appealing.

GH: 0% chance unless something changes about it in the future
IB: I could see it come back. It's great but not fundamentally broken like WP rounds

Just did Weekly, on Omnigul alone the Wings got me 24 free gally's. When it's good, it's very good. When it's bad, I have synth.

Only once.

16 majors at 37 a pop = 592. A good round is ~40 seconds total including the respawn time, maybe 30 seconds of the actual loop. Stupid good for glimmer, armor XP, bounties like generate orbs/arc solar ability kills, class specific armor upgrade materials...

Thanks for the help on the weekly. Those are such a chore without a burn.

And ruin wings are the reason my Titan has become my main. Soo good. I need the raid helmet so I can get back to using them.

Namikaze1

Nope. 2467/4000 currently.
You should be rank 4 by Friday, if not Saturday. Probably earlier than that. It all depends on the number of bounties Eris has available for you to do.

Edit: that's if your not doing the double bounty thing

Not sure if I'll be on for double bounties tonight. We'll see

I gotta be there each night until weekly reset, unless Eris stops being an asshole to Titans for no reason. YOU HAD TITANS ON YOUR CRAPPY FIRE TEAM ERIS. Maybe if you respected the class more you scrubs wouldn't have wiped on Crota.

Need to average 394 rep/day over the next 4 days to hit rank 4 for reset raids. Should be doable...

I passed out again last night. The worst part is that I end up doing bounties and dailies anyways once I wake up again anyways haha

I wish I had passed out. Instead, I did the double bounties but then logged out instead of going to orbit for no discernible reason. w00t.

rNilla

I still need to kill Crota twice. Anyone else? Anyone want to help? Could knock two out really fast with a super group.

Born2Live

Please do post a picture of you sharding gjallarhorn when it drops for you.

Plus I can't tell if this post is meant to be tongue in cheek or not.

Namikaze1

Yea, hopefully I'll get enough shards after next CE reset as well.
I just need 2 more shards for 32 on my Hunter. I'll be saving the rest of the shards for my Warlock or the Titan helm. If I get the helm this week, I'll spend the shards on that. If I don't, I already have my Warlock raid helm ready for the shards.

I still need to kill Crota twice. Anyone else? Anyone want to help? Could knock two out really fast with a super group.

I might be down for 1. Waiting for some buddies to get on for a raid, but I should have some time if we can get it started soon.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

I only started double bounties a few days ago and finally reached rank 3 Eris. 4000xp to go... That will take like 2 weeks. 75x6 if u do double everyday, 450 x 9 days to get 4k. I'll get it by the reset after next I guess.

Posting for the new page:

Anyone check: how does the 331 solar Murmur FR compare to the 300 solar Foil FR?

Maybe you already looked it up but:

Foil w/ coils has better charge rate, impact and range. Slightly less stability, same reload. Better perks. Clearly better FR except for the 300/331, but I would still take the foil.

Might as well vault it for a future alt. It is light 33 capable.

Yeah.

i4bjsTPkiTKaP.png

Did the daily on level 26, solo, and got that.

Yea vault it if there's a chance you're going to make an alt. Free 33 leg without having to spend 75 marks and a commendation.

150 marks for gloves and leg (unless you want to do Eris Urn quest for free gloves), and all you'll need is an exotic Titan helm or get more marks and use a commendation for that.

I only started double bounties a few days ago and finally reached rank 3 Eris. 4000xp to go... That will take like 2 weeks. 75x6 if u do double everyday, 450 x 9 days to get 4k. I'll get it by the reset after next I guess.

Remember with the NF bonus you get 93 rep for each 75 rep bounty.

Top Bottom