• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Deku Tree

Maybe you already looked it up but:

Foil w/ coils has better charge rate, impact and range. Slightly less stability, same reload. Better perks. Clearly better FR except for the 300/331, but I would still take the foil.
Thx. The foil is the only weapon missing from my VoG collection. I think it only drops at the oracles.

I only started double bounties a few days ago and finally reached rank 3 Eris. 4000xp to go... That will take like 2 weeks. 75x6 if u do double everyday, 450 x 9 days to get 4k. I'll get it by the reset after next I guess.

Ugh, so far away for me. Probably 4 weeks.

Don't forget the weekly reset 100 rep bounty for Nightfall/Heroic. Add in Nightfall bonus and it could be like 10 days away for you.

rNilla

I might be down for 1. Waiting for some buddies to get on for a raid, but I should have some time if we can get it started soon.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop
I'm ready whenever but so far it's just me. There doesn't seem to be much Crota killing going on this weekend.

I understand all the horn talk is annoying for people who don't have it. I don't mean for it to sound that way. GH isn't remotely necessary for any activity in the game. This is why the only raid requirements I'll ever have are: (1) good attitude and (2) can at least hear voice comms, unless you already know the strats.

border

They haven't patched anything since the week after The Dark Below launched. Like mid December.

I can't help but wonder what they're going to do to fix Crota's End once they get back from the holidays. Obviously the Crota disconnect exploit will go.

Will they cut off access to the sniper's roost at the bridge? Probably, but I wish it would stay :)

But there's other parts of the raid that can be solo'ed with relative ease, and no particular exploit that allows you to do it. You can just get there with creative play.

Ugh, so far away for me. Probably 4 weeks.

Don't forget the weekly reset 100 rep bounty for Nightfall/Heroic. Add in Nightfall bonus and it could be like 10 days away for you.

Yea and sometimes there are 4 bounties that hunters can do. It seems like forever away even just reaching rank 3. What rank are you? It's been going faster with double bounties.

Deku Tree

Odd decision to do that. So basically Eris is pointless once you reach Rank 4? Surprised they didn't apply exclusive shaders to her so that players continue doing her bounties.

I might still do them sometimes. They are some of the easiest bounties to do to gain EXP for your gear.

Hyun Sai

Odd decision to do that. So basically Eris is pointless once you reach Rank 4? Surprised they didn't apply exclusive shaders to her so that players continue doing her bounties.

Trust me, I'm still doing her bounties even after reaching rank 4, that's very useful for quick weapon Xp.

Lima

It looks cooler and does the same job? Let's say in the CE raid it doesn't matter which I use. It kills Shriekers in one hit and it does work on Crota because he doesn't move out of AOE damage so the solar flare means he will never regen his shield.

Sure I could use Gjalla for all that but I used that weapon to death. It's time for something new in that heavy slot.

I understand all the horn talk is annoying for people who don't have it. I don't mean for it to sound that way. GH isn't remotely necessary for any activity in the game. This is why the only raid requirements I'll ever have are: (1) good attitude and (2) can at least hear voice comms, unless you already know the strats.

It's not actually that annoying and I am probably one of the biggest voices in raging over it. Mostly because there's so much meta analysis around it with how Bungie is approaching the game.

The game is very doable without it and I get by just fine, the only real annoying thing is how randoms and LFGers treat people without it. Which is why I come here for help first.

Shito

Will they cut off access to the sniper's roost at the bridge?
They will have to fix more than that: you don't even need to get up there to solo that part. Just hide in the back until the thralls despawn: that's what makes the enemies on the other side of the bridge to spawn. After that you can very well snipe them from the platforms on top of the stairs: the swordbrearer will never get you there.
They have *a lot* of fixing to do on those first two phases. It won't be an easy / quick fix for them.

Husk of the pit of the most painful think to farm for on this game.
Not potrols
Not mats

Bit this' Damn husk
Fml

When I need to build up super for Eris bounties, or need heavy/special ammo for the bounties, I kill with the husk. That way it saves having to farm for the xp itself.

Edit: I do most of Eris' bounties in The Dark Beyond aka "We've woken the hive!". Other than the sword bounties of course.

Am I wrong in kinda liking dragons breath.

You aren't wrong for liking it, it's cool. You are wrong if you think it's good. Lots of exotics are cool and fun even though they aren't good.

Exotics are always compared to every other exotic, since you can only equip 1. For PvE, there are very few candidates that even compete. At least PvP has a lot more variety for what could be considered the best.

Sure I could use Gjalla for all that but I used that weapon to death. It's time for something new in that heavy slot.

Being tired of GH doesn't make DB comparable. But it's more important to have fun than min/max every last battle. People should just use whatever they enjoy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It is so satisfying making a new character, hitting 16 and being able to use a maxed out Stranger's Rifle. The jump in power is vast and then of course once you hit 20 and all the legendary and exotics you can equip.

Jinjo

You have two, one to shard for this moment and one you carry around, don't you?

Silly Nami, I wasn't gonna shard a Gjallarhorn if I didn't already have one for every character. It was my fourth lol.

I'm catching up on you in the Hawkmoon department btw. Got my fourth one today too, which I also sharded (so three HM sharded). VoG chest was especially generous to me today.

They will have to fix more than that: you don't even need to get up there to solo that part. Just hide in the back until the thralls despawn: that's what makes the enemies on the other side of the bridge to spawn. After that you can very well snipe them from the platforms on top of the stairs: the swordbrearer will never get you there.
They have *a lot* of fixing to do on those first two phases. It won't be an easy / quick fix for them.

You can solo the bridge by killing the sword bearer and using the sword's R1 mobility to cross the gap by jumping off the left side platforms. They made that area a "Turn Back" zone but if you do it fast enough you can make it to the other side before the countdown ends.

Silly Nami, I wasn't gonna shard a Gjallarhorn if I didn't already have one for every character. It was my fourth lol.

I'm catching up on you in the Hawkmoon department btw. Got my fourth one today too, which I also sharded. VoG chest was especially generous to me today.

One maxed 331 GH, two others w/ WP unlocked. 5 HMs. Cue Dave Chappelle's Player Hater's Ball. "I hope all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else but you."

It is so satisfying making a new character, hitting 16 and being able to use a maxed out Stranger's Rifle. The jump in power is vast and then of course once you hit 20 and all the legendary and exotics you can equip.

Agreed! It was fun leveling up and seeing that banner flash, and getting your super maxed. It's especially fun actually getting the next level in the beginning of a crucible match and confusing the other team when you use it right away.

Along with using the new class (assuming you're doing that) and its different abilities.

KanameYuuki

My first legendary from the Cryptarch whee~~~

GRCARiP.jpg

Jinjo

Why?
Just....

Why?

I am keeping an unupgraded one in the vault for the next expansion.

Already had three that I'm working on maxing. One is maxed, second one got wolfpack rounds, third one just got tracking. Yes, I am a lucky son of bitch lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
finished our first podcast XD

definitely gonna start having segments in future episodes, feel free to suggest ideas for things that would be valuable/interesting!

phen0m24

finished our first podcast XD

definitely gonna start having segments in future episodes, feel free to suggest ideas for things that would be valuable/interesting!
I gave Todd some but I'll keep thinking.

I had you as the weapon reviewer.

Looking forward to Fig's PvP Mythoforecast. :)

Top Bottom