• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

BokehKing

Banned
We discussed segment ideas and adding more structure for the next go-round. All valid suggestions.

I think we were all pretty happy to just get one out of the way and try and use it as a learning experience. The quickest way to succeed is to accelerate the rate at which you fail!
What I liked the most about it is, it's real
It's not... Um.. Fluffy, it's real talk, real discussion with real opinions. To me, I think that's awesome

LTWood12

Question:

So last night I beat Atheon on hard (just atheon) in an alt that had never even done VoG on normal. Will that alt now have hard mode unlocked to choose, or do I need to do a full normal run on each alt to unlock hard.

Hope that makes sense.

Anyone have an answer to this?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Xur cleaned me out this week hooboy, I haven't had single digit strange coins in quite a while. need to do the weekly on my warlock though.
How are the Titan boots? I don't think I'd use them, but I usually grab everything new.
Do you like Striker Titan in PvP? Then they're good :p I don't have them upgraded yet, but I'm looking forward to putting a build together.

todd360

Hope that all work out! :)

The only other tip I'd like to offer is regarding the opening. I found it odd (and you might have done this later on) that the introduction of everyone was given such short shrift. Especially for the inaugural podcast.

Here's the podcast. I'm todd. here's fig. here's another person whose name you might or might not know, and yet another.

Is the presumption that only gaffers will listen, therefore knowing who these folks are is a foregone conclusion?

What might have been nice for everyone to do is tell us who they are individually, what characters they play, how long they've been playing for, how long per day they play, and maybe an individual hook like their favourite thing to do in Destiny.

Otherwise, why should the listener care about these people? And I don't mean that in a trite impersonal way, I mean that in an audience engagement and entertainment way. You are creating entertainment, it should have some structure and reason for people to want to know and like the people doing it. :)

Hope this doesn't come across as harsh! I'd like to see you guys do well with it.

We really should have done what you just suggested. I was kind of nervous and just jumped to discussion. We will do this next time.

Mindlog

I think Xur should sell Obsidian Mind for FUCK RAHOOL coins.
I'll be running several incredibly inebriated Level 32 Crota Kills. If anyone need Ginsu services let me know.

Frostburn

Finally got my Titan to 30, did all of CE except for Crota himself. If anyone plans on running it soon toss me an invite (Have maxed 300/331 weapons including Hunger of Crota and Icebreaker)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We really should have done what you just suggested. I was kind of nervous and just jumped to discussion. We will do this next time.
yeah, a little about how each of us play destiny will be fine. I can plug the newbie raids and such.

Deku Tree

Xur cleaned me out this week hooboy, I haven't had single digit strange coins in quite a while. need to do the weekly on my warlock though.

Do you like Striker Titan in PvP? Then they're good :p I don't have them upgraded yet, but I'm looking forward to putting a build together.

Yup I had 177 Strange coins before Xur showed up... now I have 135 or something like that... I have been in triple digit strange coins for a while now. It would feel weird to go below triple digits.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I suppose we should ask, how often people would even be down to listen to us yapping? :p

What do the other Destiny podcasts do in terms of schedule?

Frostburn

I suppose we should ask, how often people would even be down to listen to us yapping? :p

I think once every other week would be cool or maybe once a week if you can swing it, there is always something going on and if you wait longer than 2 weeks you risk it not being relevant information.

BokehKing

Banned

Once a week
Maybe an hour long, you don't want to touch on too many topics to the point where you have limited subject matter the following week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think once every other week would be cool or maybe once a week if you can swing it, there is always something going on and if you wait longer than 2 weeks you risk it not being relivent information.
I'd be happy to do it once a week personally, it's pretty easy to get me to talk about the game XD

Yeah, we won't go over an hour long.

Wark

I don't know why you'd wait if you know you're going to be getting it.

If you plan on getting it, might as well get it now. It adds some good stuff to the game.

Alright, you guys sold me on it.

Have any strange coins handy? there's some good stuff at xur right now that's going away in a few hours :p

I probably won't have enough strange coins to buy anything before he leaves, but I'll start farming away.

BokehKing

Banned
What other Destiny podcasts?
Guardian Radio
Dad's of Destiny
Destiny the Show
Guardian One radio
Warlock School
Guardian One Radio (only YouTube I believe)
TTL Party Chat (Deej's clan, the one's who first did the VoG raid, the clan associated with the 16 hour raid rumor)

Out of all those shows, none of them have the real condos in the GAF cast

Frostburn

Can't play right now, but just sent you a friend request. Congrats on the 3rd alt. just got my 3rd Titan done a couple days ago.

I was so tempted to do 3 Warlocks at first but ended up with one of each class. I still consider my Warlock my "main" but now have a 31 Hunter and 30 Titan, enjoying them all so far!

Deku Tree

Guardian Radio
Dad's of Destiny
Destiny the Show
Guardian One radio
Warlock School
TTL Party Chat (Deej's clan, the one's who first did the VoG raid, the clan associated with the 16 hour raid rumor)

I had no idea. Do people listen to all of them?

todd360

Guardian Radio
Dad's of Destiny
Destiny the Show
Guardian One radio
Warlock School

Out of all those shows, none of them have the real condos in the GAF cast

The real condos? What does that mean?

BokehKing

Banned
The real condos? What does that mean?
Convos (sorry my phone is dumb)
The discussion you guys have on your show is different from those shows

Example
Most of those shows would just say
'blah blah yeah it's just the last mission backwards' and move on

You guys actually discuss it!
(this is - not- a bad thing)

I was so tempted to do 3 Warlocks at first but ended up with one of each class. I still consider my Warlock my "main" but now have a 31 Hunter and 30 Titan, enjoying them all so far!

I really wanted to try each class but I don't think I have the patience to deal with the RNG of 3 different classes. The efficiency of instantly having 3 characters at 31 is just too tempting.

Frostburn

I really wanted to try each class but I don't think I have the patience to deal with the RNG of 3 different classes. The efficiency of instantly having 3 characters at 31 is just too tempting.

True, my Warlock still needs the helm from Crota to hit 32 meanwhile my Hunter has all the gear he needs. Sometimes playing one then another back to back leads to funny moments when I forget which one I'm playing as and miss a jump or punch something expecting a shield and getting none lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna get to work on this (primarily-PvP) build... can't wait. I really like how the Mk. 44s look and I love the idea of a shoulder-charge-themed build with the CE gloves. Things look like they hurt.
B6eycfGCEAAyfmX.jpg:large

Top Bottom