• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Dave_6

Got bored so I finally decided to get my Titan leveled up. In ~2 hours I went from a 16 to this:
16191743365_62171cea5e_o.jpg

This helmet looks so cool IMO

The issue with leveling up so quick (by having Ruin Wings, etc in my vault) is that I'm way short on materials and can't level up my new gear lol.

I would. 2 shards or energies for last 4 crota kills. 2 arms and 1 leg for each of two characters across 6 full raids. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

I should clarify that I was mainly talking about armor, not weapons. But getting 4 out of 6 unique pieces that you would need to hit Lv32 with an exotic... in only 6 raids... That's crazy good luck compared to what many people experienced in VoG.

When I say the loot drops are better, I'm talking about over the entire aggregated player base. They didn't promise anything about duplicates, but they did add streak breakers which is a huge improvement and should have been a given for any loot game in this day and age.

Got bored so I finally decided to get my Titan leveled up. In ~2 hours I went from a 16 to this:

The issue with leveling up so quick (by having Ruin Wings, etc in my vault) is that I'm way short on materials and can't level up my new gear lol.

I ran into the same problem. Just put all blue armor engrams from your main into your vault. If your alt decyrpts them, they will be in his material type^^

If you can only do one then Ghorn. If you have the ability to do both I would.

What's so great about the other, the solar grenade on detonation? Or does it do more initial blast damage than Ghorn?

I'm prob gonna spend the coins on the warlock starfire protocol chest, but I could always run the weekly heroic 3 times real quick and buy that rocket if it's worth it.

shem935

Banned
What's so great about the other, the solar grenade on detonation? Or does it do more initial blast damage than Ghorn?

I'm prob gonna spend the coins on the warlock starfire protocol chest, but I could always run the weekly heroic 3 times real quick and buy that rocket if it's worth it.

On principle I don't skip stuff from xur so that's why. Never know what crazy stuff might be found out in the future.

I should clarify that I was mainly talking about armor, not weapons. But getting 4 out of 6 unique pieces that you would need to hit Lv32 with an exotic... in only 6 raids... That's crazy good luck compared to what many people experienced in VoG.

When I say the loot drops are better, I'm talking about over the entire aggregated player base. They didn't promise anything about duplicates, but they did add streak breakers which is a huge improvement and should have been a given for any loot game in this day and age.

You make good points. I only just last week completed one set of VOG armor. Just need those streak breakers to break my (short, respectively) streak of no chest pieces and I'll be happy.

jadedm17

That's what happened with my secondary Hunter and makes me not want to make a Titan. (note I have ruin wings plus a 36 light helmet and chest.) The character specific elements you get a ton of are insanely hard to find and a massive grind on my Hunter - I wish I could buy them like spirit bloom and the like.

Cornbread78

Do daily mission, bounties, and a public event for the package, and run ROC. Maybe crucible for playlists with the Xp bonus, but I hardly do that.

Get a lot of xp.

Every determined amount of exp (forgot the number) will give you one. So basically, if you play and gain exp you will earn some.

Got ya, thank you. I'm trying to find and play the "roc" playlist, but it's not an option. .. sometimes the easiest things man..

E92 M3

Guys, should I buy Dragon's Breath? I won't use it, but it looks cool and I have nearly 200 coins. That said, I don't like buying things I won't use. What do?

darthbob

Guys, should I buy Dragon's Breath? I won't use it, but it looks cool and I have nearly 200 coins. That said, I don't like buying things I won't use. What do?

I mean, it looks cool but is wholly outclassed by Gjallarhorn, Truth, Hezen Vengeance and Hunger of Crota.

Palocca

Just add it to your collection. You have the coins to spare; and who knows, Bungie might buff it.

LiK

200 coins? i used up all mine, lol. just skip it if you'll never used it. it'll waste a vault space.

Hard VoG anyone?

PSN: KrugerrandMan
I'm not sure if you can do normal VoG and hard VoG in the same week, but if you can, I'll join. I should offer the caveats that I'm level 29 and fairly drunk right now. PSN is Lordsirsama.

I'm away from my PS4 right now, so let me know through here if there's room

Quoting for new page..

Looks more like severe lag or disconnection issue than glitch. I've had something kinda like that happen during confluxes. All the enemies were standing still and certain animations like the exploding fanatic goo pools just kept repeating over and over.

Is that rocket launcher Xur has this week worth it or should I just pay a shard and upgrade my Ghorn?

If coins are tight at all don't bother with D's B. It's cool and new but also pretty useless for actual PvE or PvP utility, especially someone w/ a GH.

Cool thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll pass. I sure wish they'd make a void or arc version of Ghorn lol.

Also one other question. I'm a die-hard Vision of Confluence user. Is there a new legendary level 32 scout rifle that's comparable from the new raid?

Frenden

Banned
200 coins? i used up all mine, lol. just skip it if you'll never used it. it'll waste a vault space.

Same here. I skipped the Weekly this week across my three characters, bought everything Xur sold, upgraded a bunch of stuff, and bought a few shards--I'm coin broke for the first time in forever.

E92 M3

I mean, it looks cool but is wholly outclassed by Gjallarhorn, Truth, Hezen Vengeance and Hunger of Crota.

Ditto. That's the Crux of my problem.

Just add it to your collection. You have the coins to spare; and who knows, Bungie might buff it.

Yes, it might get buffed - but, realistically I won't use it unless they nerf every other launcher.

Did you buy it?

Buy it. Never know when it might be handy.

What kind of example are you thinking of that another launcher might not solve? Did you buy it?

Trace

Banned
Ditto. That's the Crux of my problem.

Yes, it might get buffed - but, realistically I won't use it unless they nerf every other launcher.

Did you buy it?

What kind of example are you thinking of that another launcher might not solve? Did you buy it?

In the case of templar cheese or something similar.

jadedm17

Alright, leveled my Hawkmoon : 24/10, 17/10 and 23/9 over my last three games; I'm starting to get it though I can't say I don't enjoy the lingering damage of Thorn more : Popping three shots then blinking away to watch them die slowly never gets old.

If anyone needs a Crucible (PS4) partner then count me in : notjaded

Seriously, how do you get 200?

Three characters is 27 a week, more when Nightfall rolls coins. I have two and with no engrams, synthesis and anything else worth buying I had 48 coins and 54 Motes by the time Xur rolled around this week.

Gordon

Sorry I had to bail on that Hard VoG. Thought I had time but IRL baby stuff happened.

Better just stick to solo stuff. Maybe join Destiny Dads...

/sniff

/kickcan
Kids can be almost as bad as Rahool for Destiny progress lol (speaking from experience)
My wife started playing a little while ago, so that's kinda nice, for the full 45 minutes we can manage to spend alone and awake together lol
She got a copy for xmas so we can actually play together now. We have 2 360s. It's pretty sweet. I highly recommend inducting spouses and family members into your fireteam. Feels good to carry somebody you love through a raid lol

I think Xur should sell legendary engrams for 3 coins.
If he only let you buy one per week that would be okay. Or if it was some sort of engram lottery where you get a legendary engram for a random slot. Could be a gun. Could be a helmet. Probably a class item though lol. That feels like how Bungie would balance it. A healthy dose of RNG with a tasteful weighting of
fuck you
go farm some more.

kidko

Kids can be almost as bad as Rahool for Destiny progress lol (speaking from experience)
My wife started playing a little while ago, so that's kinda nice, for the full 45 minutes we can manage to spend alone and awake together lol
She got a copy for xmas so we can actually play together now. We have 2 360s. It's pretty sweet. I highly recommend inducting spouses and family members into your fireteam. Feels good to carry somebody you love through a raid lol

Cheers, fellow dad!

I would like to indoctrinate my wife into the cult of Rahool but it's not really her thing ;)

joecanada

If you still need one more (level 32 warlock) just add me: jeanbodin

Oh ya it's not me though you should reply to the original I don't have the heart for a fresh run the Templar glitches are sooo lame. But i have the gorgon checkpoint if a group wants it

Edit - looks like KrugerrandMan is running it

olympia

What do you guys think of NLB in Crucible?

That is a cool-ass helmet. Where did you get it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the flavor text of pocket infinity changed...?

it used to be: "It is not enough to kill the enemy. The act of violence must become self-sustaining."

Now it's: "You cannot shake the feeling that this is less a weapon than a doorway."

Top Bottom