• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

LiK

For future reference, Siege of the Warmind on level 30 will get you that bounty done before you ever even finish the mission. And make sure you have the class item equipped! Learn from my mistake here, kids! :-|

that's okay, it's just faster in patrol (usually).

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Holler, Gaf.

Living a double life is gnarly.

Employed at REI. Outdoor retailer. Hitting year 4 pretty soon.

I spend a lot more time playing destiny than I spend doing outdoorsy shit.

#confessionsofa24yearold

That being said; Can't wait to get that DeadOrbit shader. Fuck yeah.

Holler, Gaf.

Living a double life is gnarly.

Employed at REI. Outdoor retailer. Hitting year 4 pretty soon.

I spend a lot more time playing destiny than I spend doing outdoorsy shit.

#confessionsofa24yearold

That being said; Can't wait to get that DeadOrbit shader. Fuck yeah.
Video game outside is the same as real life outside, right?

the basement near spawn area. 3 majors will respawn there over and over. Similar to Fallen Captain in Ember Caves
Ah, okay. I did know about that place. The Hive Majors spawn pretty fast there.

I need 9 Eris bounties over the next two days to hit rank 4 and have two Lv32s for reset raids. So unless Titans get completely jobbed again the next two days with only 1 bonus bounty I will be fine. I think I just jinxed myself.

Just made it to rank three for Eris. Yeah, I'm slow, but I'm not really in a rush to finish it. Eris is going to be around for a while. Plenty of time to get to four.

I need 9 Eris bounties over the next two days to hit rank 4 and have two Lv32s for reset raids. So unless Titans get completely jobbed again the next two days with only 1 bonus bounty I will be fine. I think I just jinxed myself.

Shoulder charge wizard bounty incoming. What happens when you do double bounties on weekly reset? Will the 1st Turn have no NF bonus or it thinks it's still pre-reset?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Life is so hard for titans.
Especially when you entirely ruin crucible with bubble shields and one hit melees.

Just saying.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I need 12 shards for a second lvl 32 and 2k XP for rank 4 meh. I grinded a new warlock in like 6 hours and got a chest piece so she can get to 32 as well. By the time the hard mode comes out I'll have three characters at 32 woot.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Deej just tweeted that he's gonna be on vacation and thus offline until the 12th of this month.

Does that mean no weekly update next week?

RemiLP

Life is so hard for titans.
Especially when you entirely ruin crucible with bubble shields and one hit melees.

Just saying.

The one hit melee where you have to run towards the enemies like an idiot, hoping they dont shoot at you do you can charge up your shoulder charge and hit them? :p

BLCKATK

Hey guys! Was fun to listen your podcast, I really enjoyed the disccussions. I just have a few suggestions for you guys.

If there is someway to boost the sound quality of some of the voices, I could hear most people but there was one person with a more gentle voice that seemed to be cutting in and out constantly. And if you guys could tell me more about yourselves that would be great. I recognize some of the names like Hawkian or Todd, but since I'm part of the sacrilegious community known as 360 DGAF (Population: 1) I haven't had the opportunity to play with most of you or see you guys in the thread. Would be awesome to understand the characters that you are guys play and the playstyles you enjoy.

If I were to complete all of Eris's bounties today, I would only be 7 rep away from hitting Rank 4 >.<

Guess I should have done that sniper rifle wizard bounty that one time

Rixa

the flavor text of pocket infinity changed...?

it used to be: "It is not enough to kill the enemy. The act of violence must become self-sustaining."

Now it's: "You cannot shake the feeling that this is less a weapon than a doorway."

It's always been the second one far as I know.

A while ago. Red Death changed too. Both had references to killing IIRC. I bet it has to do with keeping things under an M rating.

really? never checked but if true, new flavor text is garbage.

They did? I've never seen the original text for Pocket Infinity.

it must have been a long time ago. i remember seeing the self-sustaining one.

Atleast few months ago it was the same as it is now. I took this picture 20.11.2014
Pocketinfinity.PNG

After killing a Blade of Crota today in the Mothyards I received a Husk of the Pit.

But I don't have the Dark Below expansion so it's not possible to upgrade it.

Doh!

Double posting all over the place, dgaf. Coming for the crown nami. (first time I've realized dgaf = don't give a fuck = destiny gaf, sounds about right).

After killing a Blade of Crota today in the Mothyards I received a Husk of the Pit.

But I don't have the Dark Below expansion so it's not possible to upgrade it.

Doh!

No worries, people only care about them now because it'll be able to turn into an exotic whenever the hell hard Crota comes out. So you have plenty of time to decide whether or not you like the game enough to buy the DLC.

Triple Post! (to be read in UT99 announcer's voice)

Anybody remember this map? Fucking A, classic.

Unreal-Tournament-99.jpg

Shoulder charge wizard bounty incoming. What happens when you do double bounties on weekly reset? Will the 1st Turn have no NF bonus or it thinks it's still pre-reset?

First bounties you turn in will still have NF bonus from this week. Also the same reason you have to log out before running the new NF or else you won't get credit for it since it acts like you already have it.

Exotic Titan boots rock in PvP. Pretty much played a whole round of Rumble where all my kills were shoulder charges. The best class just keeps getting better.

Anybody want to do Crucible? I've got me and one other guy, we could do skirmish or control/clash if there are enough people. Apparently DGAF is asleep right now though.

BokehKing

Banned
We really should have done what you just suggested. I was kind of nervous and just jumped to discussion. We will do this next time.
I asked around for some tips, this maybe helpful
I'll inbox this to you and the hawk as well

I use Audacity to record, Skype for calls and Bossjock Studio as a soundboard for the iPad. LMMS is great for building theme music if you're musically inclined. FreePD.com is great for music beds as is CCMixter.org.

Share show notes with Google Docs and make use of dropbox to move mp3s around.

I highly recommend the Audio Technica AT2005 for a mic if you don't have a mixer yet.

Rank 10 New Monarchy and they give me the rank one emblem, I know it's random, but seriously lol.

On the bright side, Ghorn is fully upgraded now.

panda-zebra

Got the Titan One to finally allow overnight unmanned farming of WWTH on ps4. Unlike other systems, ps4 will boot to orbit if it detects inactivity, simply holding aim and fire with rubber bands will not cut it, the game needs to see many more controller inputs to be convinced you're really there.

Purely academic at this point as I haven't got anything much to level or any incentive to do so, I had the time and figured it out. Went to bed around 2am and left my guardian in charge of a pretty much brand spanking new Red Death. By the time my son woke me up it's was levelled as far as the RD perk from around about 8000 or so kills, that's about 120k XP at 15XP a thrall. There were also 70+ engrams, 5 of which were blue and most obviously green - that might seem pointless but when your alt requires plasteel plating or sapphire wire or hadronic essence and you have to go buy stuff to scrap it, you know the pain. The script I wrote wasn't tailored to the RD, it was written using a Hawkmoon, so it wasn't anything like as effective as it could be. The tweaks I made this morning average more like 20 kills per run vs single figures of the test run.

This could be used to level all equipped armour and character class perks as well as primary weapons. Later in the week I'll make a new Hunter, reach The Dark Beyond and see how long it takes to unlock every class perk while absent. Just because.

Imagine that pre-loot-cave-nerf :)

Top Bottom