• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Trace

Banned
It's insane to me how much a difference running a team in games - namely any FPS - is compared to running solo : Most the teams I faced tonight with a 6-man PvP team (of randoms I'll assume) either got crushed or stopped trying until it was over. I sometimes forget this fact but Gears of War, Halo and Call of Duty have all been the same for me and even better you don't need to be great, just a full team of average people who communicate can demolish most the teams they face by default.

On the same note : Damn random people are stupid, why are basic tactics like keeping part of your body covered so there's less to hit or staying with your team not so basic for most pvp gamers? In COD just keeping your team to your back and partly behind something will make you have a positive KD.

None of that sounds even remotely fun to me IMHO.
To each their own.

It was fun, hope to play with you again ;)

LiK

None of that sounds even remotely fun to me IMHO.
To each their own.

i don't find solo fun either but CE is surprisingly more fun with less than a full team. 2-3 guys can have a very different experience than the typical 6 man team. the exploits make it a different experience. a bit refreshing since doing the same methods with a full team get old after a while.

I love Thorn, but man the dot in PVP is painfully low. In PVE it's great but in PVP 6 dot hits of 7 HP almost never finishes someone off.
I think it's more that it stops the enemy from regenerating health for a while. That said, the amount of times it leaves someone with a sliver of health can be annoying. It's an assist machine.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It isn't fun but CE was half assed from the beginning. It was foreshadowed already. Remember before it came out that a certain person beat the whole thing in 45 minutes by himself? I guess that makes sense now.
We don't know what's going through Bungie's minds but it does seem like they seem to not care about certain things and changes their minds constantly.
Crota's End is definitely nowhere near as good as VOG.

LiK

It isn't fun but CE was half assed from the beginning. It was foreshadowed already. Remember before it came out that a certain person beat the whole thing in 45 minutes by himself? I guess that makes sense now.
We don't know what's going through Bungie's minds but it does seem like they seem to not care about certain things and changes their minds constantly.

i really like the first part of CE. the lantern segment is just fun no matter how many times i played it. never felt frustrating like the rest of the other parts.

I reached a high point in crucible today :-D

48e307e4ad10125931629d7e503b3300.gif

jadedm17

Agreed VOG is better but CE I still found great (if short).

I'll also second the "wtf bungie?!" sentiment because the idea it get be done solo - and they even acknowledge this in one of their a December weekly updates - speaks volumes to their game design for the "hardest stuff in the game". I've put countless hours into Destiny I've enjoyed but I'll admit theirs also countless things to complain about from the small (the hell do I do with all these energy and shards now) to the big (crotas end).

That was hilarious. Great memory, do you record before matches or does the share function finally work? I had a great moment yesterday on the new Cosmodrome map where 5 people where in the middle building in a Titan bubble and I Nova Bombed it and cleared the room.

Also : notjaded dances

Edit : That roll of notifications is also amusing. "5 kill streak!"
Edit 2: Hah someone's still looking for a kill at the end.

LiK

Auto_aim1 and people should still be playing. I had to leave for a while.

actually, i'm tired. probably see if i can stay up and do Eris and then get to bed, lol

also, nice kills. you should upload the clip to YT. i wanna see a nice clean version.

That was hilarious. Great memory, do you record before matches or does the share function finally work? I had a great moment yesterday on the new Cosmodrome map where 5 people where in the middle building in a Titan bubble and I Nova Bombed it and cleared the room.

Also : notjaded dances

Edit : That roll of notifications is also amusing. "5 kill streak!"
Edit 2: Hah someone's still looking for a kill at the end.

Heh that was awesome! I don't actively record and I guess I lucked out this time.

actually, i'm tired. probably see if i can stay up and do Eris and then get to bed, lol

also, nice kills. you should upload the clip to YT. i wanna see a nice clean version.

Oh I do have a YT version, I upload the clip to YT and clip it from there. Check your inbox

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well. I think they should have made it more interesting. Emphasize the lore a bit more.
It just seems tame compared to what is being said. Crota, you would think for someone who wants to take over a planet to be more active. Seems like he's just standing there catching his breath all the time because truth is he died from eating too much.

Well. I think they should have made it more interesting. Emphasize the lore a bit more.
It just seems tame compared to what is being said. Crota, you would think for someone who wants to take over a planet to be more active. Seems like he's just standing there catching his breath all the time because truth is he died from eating too much.

Crota died from eating too many gjallarhorns :p

Rehsa

I now have 3 exotic bounties that require Crucible, and I suck at Crucible. Hopefully this new Aetheons Epilogue will help me with Thorn

Good God, man! I'd have been so pissed if I was on the receiving end of that.

Another morning of double bounties for me, four hours of sleep is all I've gotten. What have I become?! I will stop when I get to Eris Rank 4, though. Then do I start getting my chips?

I'm sorry but Crucible is a terrible PvP mode, it just is. It can still be a ton of fun but only because (1) the basic gameplay mechanics and game feel are so brilliant and (2) Gaf. Maps are mediocre to terrible with only a few exceptions, the game modes are mind numbingly simple, and then it's piled into a grindfest fake MMO with systems that encourage individual bounty completion over team success or cooperation.

I grew up on Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike and Halo. I can't go back to shit like this. No custom matches ffs. /rant

This is what I get for playing more than 1 match at a time with rando's. I just want that damn Saterienne Rapier.... why you so slow Crucible marks.

Only got one bounty from eris. Anyone else get this?

All Titans get this. It's called the short end of the stick.

More relevant to your question: only 1 of the bounties is new today, the other ones are repeats from yesterday and don't show up for double bounties.

I now have 3 exotic bounties that require Crucible, and I suck at Crucible. Hopefully this new Aetheons Epilogue will help me with Thorn

Corrective Measure is a beast for Thorn. Try to find a decent void shotty and/or fusion, in addition to P's Revenge VoG sniper if you have it. Remember grenades/nova bomb count as void kills also.

shem935

Banned

More relevant to your question: only 1 of the bounties is new today, the other ones are repeats from yesterday and don't show up for double bounties.

Oh...glad I stayed up so late for an additional 75 rep.

LiK

ugh, i need to do the Eris bounty and everyone keeps killing them already and not leaving for them to respawn. fucking hate these dumb players.

lol perfect gif ^^

I remember watching that live because my wife loves the spelling bee for whatever reason... and just laughing my ass off.

Rehsa

Corrective Measure is a beast for Thorn. Try to find a decent void shotty and/or fusion, in addition to P's Revenge VoG sniper if you have it. Remember grenades/nova bomb count as void kills also.

I do have the Crota shotty so tried a match just now, wasn't too terrible. I do have Revenge also will give that a try. CM would be nice, I still have my Warlock to run through VOG for a chance at it. I just suck at Crucible which is why Thorn has been in my bounty slot for months lol

Also it's on my Hunter :/

LiK

Mythocast audio quality needs work and people need to not talk over each other. Also do a full proper introduction for listeners who aren't on GAF. Just some suggestions. I'm sure it'll get better.

Which bounty are you trying to do?

just the kill hive majors with class item. just completed it. would be faster if dumbass randoms wouldn't loiter down there.

just the kill hive majors with class item. just completed it. would be faster if dumbass randoms wouldn't loiter down there.
For future reference, Siege of the Warmind on level 30 will get you that bounty done before you ever even finish the mission. And make sure you have the class item equipped! Learn from my mistake here, kids! :-|

Top Bottom