• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Carn82

Anyone up for regular VoG with a bunch of Raid-noobs? We're with 5 now (one of them is experienced), so we need another one (We're all Dutch btw, but our english is decent ;) ). Buddy of mine is the fireteam leader, his psn is Barbaturex.

I'm having too much fun with Control with everyone. I'm surprised that the games have been so close, what with Twilight's unrealistic scores every game. Ha!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gonna do the weekly on lvl 30, anybody wanna join?

Add me on PS4 Langoit

I'm also a 28 with maxed out Black hammer, Horn and Demise.

You have to invite me since I don't have it unlocked with this character yet. Kadey1up.

My modem is out for delivery on a Sunday.....

3sqgxu.jpg

Didn't think this was a thing.

ocean

Banned
Got the Titan One to finally allow overnight unmanned farming of WWTH on ps4. Unlike other systems, ps4 will boot to orbit if it detects inactivity, simply holding aim and fire with rubber bands will not cut it, the game needs to see many more controller inputs to be convinced you're really there.

Purely academic at this point as I haven't got anything much to level or any incentive to do so, I had the time and figured it out. Went to bed around 2am and left my guardian in charge of a pretty much brand spanking new Red Death. By the time my son woke me up it's was levelled as far as the RD perk from around about 8000 or so kills, that's about 120k XP at 15XP a thrall. There were also 70+ engrams, 5 of which were blue and most obviously green - that might seem pointless but when your alt requires plasteel plating or sapphire wire or hadronic essence and you have to go buy stuff to scrap it, you know the pain. The script I wrote wasn't tailored to the RD, it was written using a Hawkmoon, so it wasn't anything like as effective as it could be. The tweaks I made this morning average more like 20 kills per run vs single figures of the test run.

This could be used to level all equipped armour and character class perks as well as primary weapons. Later in the week I'll make a new Hunter, reach The Dark Beyond and see how long it takes to unlock every class perk while absent. Just because.

Imagine that pre-loot-cave-nerf :)
What kind of hardware/software is this? This sounds super interesting.

I'm having too much fun with Control with everyone. I'm surprised that the games have been so close, what with Twilight's unrealistic scores every game. Ha!

My scrub ass Aussie friend is balancing him out quite nicely.

Dude's PSN name is Oxycontin after all, at least he's up front about where to set our expectations, lol.

Bogeypop

Manp

I now have 3 exotic bounties that require Crucible, and I suck at Crucible. Hopefully this new Aetheons Epilogue will help me with Thorn

i was thinking the same, trust me, it does not. you won't kill shit with AE in crucible, it has too low impact to be viable. get yourself a void shotgun (i used the comedian) and either truth or a void machine gun with high impact slow fire rate (i used the swarm).

you can still use AE as a primary just to be sure you'll always get a void kill but don't count on it to make a difference.

BokehKing

Banned
So what is the reasoning behind xur not working Sundays, Union laws or something? I can see if the game didn't have faults, but even something as simple as letting xur at least stay to noon Pacific time, God damn

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
He must bee catholic.

Well I hope there is glimmer farming today. I really need to. Leveling up my Warlock drained everything.

I still have to do Nightfall with this alt. If anybody wants to.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Master Rahool just trolled me. Two legendary heavy weapon engrams and he gave me 3 and 2 ascendant energy respectively trololol. I give up. I should just stop playing this game.

BokehKing

Banned
He must bee catholic.

Well I hope there is glimmer farming today. I really need to. Leveling up my Warlock drained everything.

I still have to do Nightfall with this alt. If anybody wants to.
I do have a normal gatekeeper checkpoint I can give you

Master Rahool just trolled me. Two legendary heavy weapon engrams and he gave me 3 and 2 ascendant energy respectively trololol. I give up. I should just stop playing this game.
He is a troll. However I did get dragon's breath from an engram last night. My luck for exotic drops is good right now..

:lol

GGs everyone.
Oh, so you're Twilight_Gap, Zoba? You've inspired me to level up my The Last Word. I can only imagine the amount of rage you were inducing those games. :p Plus, It's always more enjoyable to be on the winning side of a Hunter's domination. Ha!
My scrub ass Aussie friend is balancing him out quite nicely.

Dude's PSN name is Oxycontin after all, at least he's up front about where to set our expectations, lol.
LOL

For him playing from Australia the games went without a hitch. No lag, I never felt cheap-shorted, unless I was on the wrong end of The Last Word.

During the week I'm never online this early, but we should all roll in Crucible again sometime soon. I loves my PvP, but I will oftentimes fly solo.

Waiting for Swords of Crota to spawn is eternally boring
Are you doing the Eris Bounty to kill sword bearers? If so, the mission Fist of Crota is the better option. Just run past the first area, enter the building, kill the sword bearer when he spawns, rinse, and repeat.

:lol

GGs everyone.

True story about our friend Oxy: he was in the PUG I ran with on VoG release day, haven't played with him since but always remembered his demeanor fondly. Dude never made it across the jumping puzzle, died at least 20+ times before we realized he could leave and rejoin. Nice guy though, ha.

Deku Tree

Am I supposed to get a gift shader from Eris at Rank 4 or is it just the tank 4 one that you can buy from her?

Edit: I had to buy it not sure if that was because my shader inventory was full..

cilonen

Err, unless I'm missing something it's dumping me back at the start of the raid - sorry Kadey :-(

I was in there yesterday with Jinjo, no idea why it's not putting me back there

BokehKing

Banned
So if anyone wants to break my Crota cherry that would be cool

I've been in there a few times, but with so much cheese I can't tell you Confidently if I know any strategies

Been up to the last fight, never beat him

Didn't even hear my alarm last night for double bounties.

Really need to stop caring at this point. I'll get to rank 4 soon enough. Fuck it.

heres what i need today:

1) Crucible. Bad juju bounty.
2) Vog hard x2.
3) kill urzog x3.
4) 1st and 2nd parts of crotas end with my titan.

Is anyone up for those right now?

Top Bottom