• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

noomi

Woo! OT14! Destiny gaf is best gaf!

I'm feeling pretty optimistic, OT14 is the OT noomi finally gets his Hawkmoon!

Namikaze1

My Hunter now just needs 4 more shards for 32. Just need to get the first chest on two characters upon reset and she's set (I could trade in energy for shards with my Titan). Would make it my second 32.

Greenymac

I have an idea for a segment:

Nami's Pit

Here, you just read short stories sent by listeners about all the insane things they did to get an armor or weapon. Named after the most insane Guardian known to GAF.

Dude I like this. It goes right in the face on Bungies thing about sharing stories/reminiscing about how and when you got certain thing...Bet itd be great and let the community know that they are not alone.

Sullichin

We need to try two swords one knee. Just drop a few orbs for both level 32 sword bearers before starting the encounter.

The timer starts when the sword is dropped. The first sword could help or don't even bother picking up the first sword until the second sword bearer is also dead.

Called Warlock chest.
Did not also call no Heavy Ammo Synths. I'm down to my last 120 :\

120? I have like 5 left. I was really banking on him selling those. I was popping them like crazy in ROC just to use my Dragon's Breath as much as possible the last few days to level it up.

Speaking of ROC, seems like Phogoth and Vex, and to a lesser extent Sepktis Prime, are the only ones that people can be bothered to play anymore. It's all speed runs through that shit and one or two people always quit every other strike. Can't blame em.

David___

Banned
Just need two more levels to hit 20 now. I want to get this done today but I also want to save the bounties to level up my Ruin Wings :/

hydruxo

Woah. As a Warlock, should I be buying the Starfire Protocol?

It looks amazing IMO, but if you want it because of the special perk (extra fusion grenade), you might just be better off saving your coins and using the Gift of the Sun perk instead. If you like Angel of Light or Touch of Flame better, then being able to have an extra fusion grenade along with using one of those is nice, but Touch of Flame won't really do much with fusion grenades since they already one hit kill people in PVP.

squidhands and grayfour, trying to add you PSN is just being its typical self
I still don't understand why this is a thing. PSN took a nosedive around the time Destiny came out and it's only marginally improved.

Messaging was always a real bad culprit for me. I wound up deleting all of my messages*, which seems to have helped tremendously.

* I had to delete them all from my Vita, since the Playstation app and PS4 wouldn't respond to my requests.

I usually forget that the Gaming section exists until someone else mentions it... don't even read the front page anymore.

(1) Are there honestly zero people here with the normal Gorgons or GKeepers CP? Do people need to get back on the farm before Xur leaves?

(2) Anybody want to get a group of Lv32s and try flawless CE?
I really need Glimmer badly so would love to try it. It's so damn weird being low on glimmer when that was never an issue with the main game. Anyway, if you get the checkpoint and are willing to show me how to do that GK farm, I'd love to try it. At work now but would be down to do it later!

Also, I'll have to hit you up when I reach 32 with one of my guys as I still need that Flawless trophy. By the time I do you should be a pro at running it ;P Now that I have an alt high enough to do CE, I should start getting radiant shards much quicker. Too bad I don't have a third...might have to start a Hunter soon.
Was excited to play Destiny for the new years... had New Years eve and day off... get home on Tuesday to find my house ransacked and my tv and all consoles gone...

*sad face*

I guess I will be back to the grind once insurance covers the cost of replacements.

So with that, all of you poor saps have to play extra hard for me.
Jesus man, I'm so so sorry! That's incredibly shitty but I'm glad you are safe. I hope insurance gets you most of your things back :(
Woah. As a Warlock, should I be buying the Starfire Protocol?

Yes, yes you should! If you hate fusion nades then you could use Praxic Fire over it but Fusion nades are awesome and if you don't have Praxic it's especially a no brainer. I love Praxic and have it upgraded and maxed but I'm still going to buy Starfire.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Really? Scoring 0 points in Skirmish? I can understand if he/she was afk, but no there was movement the entire match. Mind-boggling I tell you.

Maybe they are not that good at PVP and were only in there for an exotic bounty....
I really sucked it up last night and had two matches with 0 kills in rumble. Decided to try skirmish and started getting points, mostly from assist though.

cilonen

I'm still not feeling The Last Word. I need to unlock perfect balance for it, but something is throwing me off aim-wise,

I extensively used my TDYK before getting another hand cannon - Thorn (thanks guys for the help!) and initially with Thorn I was aiming slightly above where I needed to be. It felt 'heavier' than TDYK if that makes sense and after a short while I compensated and got it dialled in.

RNGeesus gave me a Last Word shortly after and whilst I like the animations for the aesthetics I'm just not feeling the gun and I think they might actually be throwing me off (on a side note, for folks with way more experience with real life revolvers, are the animations actually meaningful? I thought you wouldn't need to do that if it was a dual action revolver, and if it's single action why is both the barrel and hammer moving together when you slightly pull he trigger?).

Anyway, I got an RNG TDYD yesterday and apart from the tiny mag it feels really really similar in handling to the TDYK.

I guess my question for Last Word users is do you get used to it? Can you get dialled in with it eventually?

Twilight, you changed your avatar! Well, it's still Ahsoka but you get the point.

image.php

Sullichin

I'm still not feeling The Last Word. I need to unlock perfect balance for it, but something is throwing me off aim-wise,

I extensively used my TDYK before getting another hand cannon - Thorn (thanks guys for the help!) and initially with Thorn I was aiming slightly above where I needed to be. It felt 'heavier' than TDYK if that makes sense and after a short while I compensated and got it dialled in.

RNGeesus gave me a Last Word shortly after and whilst I like the animations for the aesthetics I'm just not feeling the gun and I think they might actually be throwing me off (on a side note, for folks with way more experience with real life revolvers, are the animations actually meaningful? I thought you wouldn't need to do that if it was a dual action revolver, and if it's single action why is both the barrel and hammer moving together when you slightly pull he trigger?).

Anyway, I got an RNG TDYD yesterday and apart from the tiny mag it feels really really similar in handling to the TDYK.

I guess my question for Last Word users is do you get used to it? Can you get dialled in with it eventually?

You get used to it. It's a monster in Crucible. I still think Thorn and Hawkmoon have the edge overall, but The Last Word might be the Rumble master. Sometimes you gotta chill out and calmly aim for headshots like a regular handcannon. Hip firing is great but you want to get used to shooting very fast while ADS. It's crazy how fast you can kill someone with it.

hydruxo

I extensively used my TDYK before getting another hand cannon - Thorn (thanks guys for the help!) and initially with Thorn I was aiming slightly above where I needed to be. It felt 'heavier, than TDYK if that makes sense and after a short while I compensated and got it dialled in.

TLW with no perks unlocked = extremely difficult to control but fun to mess around with
TLW with hipfire = Good
TLW with Hipfire/Last Word perk = Great
TLW with Hipfire/Last Word/Perfect Balance = Godly

Perfect balance makes a huge difference in the stability

I still need to do the Weekly Heroic with my Titan if someone wants to run it later tonight.

Also, I should give a shout out to Xur for selling something awesome to Warlocks for the first time ever. You finally don't suck a copious amount of D! If he sold Saint-14 or better yet, Glasshouse I'd have been really ecstatic but no complaints from me for the first time ever ;P Even better, after running VoG a billion times and never getting anything good from a chest a single time, I join my buddy Jay on his Gorgon checkpiont and.....BALLERHORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Xur then brings the upgrade!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Now I just need to generate enough glimmer to do the upgrade lol I also got the last piece of CE armor I needed for my Titan, the chest, so just need one of the two aforementioned helmets and he's set. I also got the boots for my Warlock so he just needs the helmet now :D While I'm on my rant for getting something good for the first time ever in a particular event, anyone that's done NF with me knows I always get garbage. Not once have I gotten an exotic...until now! While I don't use hand cannons and thus, don't really care about it, it's still nice for the collection: Hawkmoon get! Perhaps the best loot week I've ever had in Destiny... Oh yeah, got MIDA from the gorgon chest with my alt too...granted it's not upgraded but still, damn good week!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm more shocked that a sample group of the top 15 posters of the thread doesn't include GraveRobberX :p

I'm too busy doing Bounties, playing the game like the Stockholm Syndrome addict I am!

Also, 6 OT's till OTXX!, we should be there by House of Wolves... Delicious!
You owe me Hawk OT20 better be OTXX!

He's too busy running his 500 bounties per day and sharding his warehouse of exotic drops.

You understand me

<3

You complete me!

LordofPwn

I love how cool new stuff appears as soon as I decide to make the podcast happen. The dlc leak will definitely be the main topic of episode one.

Podcast aye. deets plz. also why'd you change your avatar, did you finally get heart of Praxic fire?

Was this single sword Crota takedown posted yet?

1 sword, 3 Crota kneels

I didn't even realize that was possible. Two 32's, and four 31's -- all with Gjallarhorn.

Nice. I kind of thought that may be possible, but would require a sword guy that had no fear. Basically drop Crota's shield as soon as he's picking up the sword and not be afraid of the sword running out on the third break.

Edit: I'm confused now.

Yes and GAF repeated it faster in 55 seconds.

Are you talking about two swords two breaks, or one sword three breaks?

cilonen

You get used to it. It's a monster in Crucible. I still think Thorn and Hawkmoon have the edge overall, but The Last Word might be the Rumble master. Sometimes you gotta chill out and calmly aim for headshots like a regular handcannon. Hip firing is great but you want to get used to shooting very fast while ADS. It's crazy how fast you can kill someone with it.

TLW with no perks unlocked = extremely difficult to control but fun to mess around with
TLW with hipfire = Good
TLW with Hipfire/Last Word perk = Great
TLW with Hipfire/Last Word/Perfect Balance = Godly

Perfect balance makes a huge difference in the stability

Thanks guys, you're giving me hope :)

I'm too busy doing Bounties, playing the game like the Stockholm Syndrome addict I am!

Also, 6 OT's till OTXX!, we should be there by House of Wolves... Delicious!
You owe me Hawk OT20 better be OTXX!

You understand me

<3

You complete me!

I can't believe I never had you on my FL before but that was fixed last night. Time to learn the ways of sage Graverobber soon! I still need to add Figlicious, Sunbro Todd, and Nami-didhereallypostthatmanytimes???

Namikaze1

Still need that fusion rifle to complete my Raid Special Weapon collection. I got both Heavy weapons already. And Titan helm would be great too. I need my Ruin Wings back yo!

I can't believe I never had you on my FL before but that was fixed last night. Time to learn the ways of sage Graverobber soon! I still need to add Figlicious, Sunbro Todd, and Nami-didhereallypostthatmanytimes???
Why's my name so long? T.T

Dat thread title lol
All of this talk of getting two Sword Bearers has me intrigued. Would you be interested in trying that on Tuesday, lazybones? To be honest, I'm always a little fearful of feeling like anyone's time is being wasted. So, if attempting glitches winds up taking more time than just completing the fight, it gets a little unnerving for me.

All of this talk of getting two Sword Bearers has me intrigued. Would you be interested in trying that on Tuesday, lazybones? To be honest, I'm always a little fearful of feeling like anyone's time is being wasted. So, if attempting glitches winds up taking more time than just completing the fight, it gets a little unnerving for me.

Two Swordbearers? Color me intrigued as well. I'm fine with Tuesday

lt519

Nice work on Crota there, saw some weird glitches but killing him before the ogres show is impressive. Radiant Energy x 3 ):

X-Frame

Feel free to shoot me a message/invite if anyone is starting a fresh CE run soon. I need the first 2 loot drops.

Sullichin

My Exotic Handcannon Rankings in various categories of Crucible, for some reason. They are definitely my three favorite weapons in the game.

Overall:
1. Thorn
2. Hawkmoon
3. TLW

Hip Fire:
1. TLW
2. Hawkmoon
3. Thorn (still pretty good at it!)

Dead Mans Hand Bounty:
1 Hawkmoon
2. TLW
3. Thorn(DOT often steals headshots)

Skyshock / Range
1. Thorn
2. Hawkmoon
3. TLW if you have a sniper.

Rumble
1. TLW
2. Hawkmoon
3. Thorn

Postmortem / assist bounty: free with Thorn.

Sullichin

There's no chance at getting a random roll of vendor boots with the heavy ammo perk is there?

Anyone need one more for Crota? I have not done the fight yet but I should be pretty well prepared.

noomi

Still waiting on Icebreaker, Ballerhorn and Hawkmoon, day 1 player too :(

I have Thorn and Last Word but still..........

I+_116cceb09f634c882b3c59a1099b501d.jpg

So it's pretty safe to assume these are the top 3 weapons in the game, no?

I've heard people say that thunderlord is amazing, whats so great about it? I do mostly PvE...

Top Bottom