• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Carn82

YES! finally got the Crucible-part from the Thorn bounty done. So happy now <3 (main is a hunter, so i ended up semi-camping with my void light/beware and running for the heavy ammo when it spawns, and than going to town with my void Swarm). it took me ages to get to 100; 100 to 500 took me give or take..2 hours.

NastyBook

hlU5QjW.gif
Madness...

Made it to the jumping section, of course I leave them behind to have fun with it >:)
Yes. It would be great.

-

Also any teams forming up for Tuesday grinding? I want to knock out CE, NF, and Weekly 3x but I can't wake up at 4am like last week. . that was painful.

I'm down, what mode? PSN: Darryl_M_R
become a night owl :p

Namikaze1

Yes. It would be great.

-

Also any teams forming up for Tuesday grinding? I want to knock out CE, NF, and Weekly 3x but I can't wake up at 4am like last week. . that was painful.

Will send an invite after this match is over.

Doing another Flawless attempt?
Haha nah, some of my college friends wanted to do the VoG for the first time. Of course they are a bunch of scrubs with some unmaxed blue weapons and gear. With a little legendary gear as well. It's okay tho, radio ( fellow gaffer who's new to raiding is helping out as well :) thanks a bunch) they are enjoying their first raiding experiences.

Deku Tree

Yes. It would be great.

-

I'm off work Tuesday
sort of
and I'm gonna do some of that Tuesday grinding in the morning.

Carn82

Hmm, what's the best weapon from the Crucible Quartermaster? Need to spend some marks. That handcannon looks pretty decent :eek:

Born2Live

The new clip size works great due to the unique perk keeps the clip filled when you get kills.

Red death was better before exotic buff imo, could 2 shot. Now it's 3 but faster to do 3 and not need all crits. Bad juju is great for warlock with obsidian mind. Nova bomb for days

Great. I'll get them levelled starting with Juju. Hopefully get Obsidian Mind at some point, sounds like a good combo. This game keeps throwing new stuff at me to do lol. My poor backlog.

I'm off work Tuesday
sort of
and I'm gonna do some of that Tuesday grinding in the morning.

Skipping work for Destiny? Noice.

I'm down for grinding with you. I will probably be able to get up at 6-7 AM EST.

I like the method I did last week where once people got to Crota in CE they saved the checkpoint on other characters and just killed him 3 times in a row on their 3 toons before doing the 1st and 2nd part over again.

Last Roc for me right now, gotta go watch the end of the Colts game but I'll be on later. Thanks a lot drassil, Dr_LC and Mazre for super fun strike speed runs, awesome even if no one got an exotic.

One spot open on the Roc train right now afaik.

LordofPwn

Last Roc for me right now, gotta go watch the end of the Colts game but I'll be on later. Thanks a lot drassil, Dr_LC and Mazre for super fun strike speed runs, awesome even if no one got an exotic.

Not much left to watch. Colts ran away with it.

Mazre

Thanks, gonna take a break as well.

NastyBook

PSN: GibbShift

Haven't run a roc yet, would like to try it.

Bogeypop

The train never stops... Only takes a nap...
OuuKxcL.jpg

Always willing to play this game like a loot game instead of praying to RNGesus Xur, Nightfall, or whatever other nightmare gives me the weapons I want. Let me know whenever you want to Roc Strike again sometime, I'm usually always up for it.

Just got Husk of the Pit randomly while waiting for a PE in the Divide. Guess I'll finally work on ranking up Eris.

I'm also 4 rad shards away from lvl 32. Still have one Crota kill left for the week. Maybe a dupe armor piece and some supplementary shards will get me there.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I'd been talking with various folks over the last week, and as long as cyborg is dead, Mattiator cares more about his children than a video game, and astro has a job Tuesday morning then we don't really have a "long term" 6th member of the reset/flawless raids.

Since it had happened naturally the last few weeks we were thinking of just having that be a rotating spot where people from around here that want to do 3x3x3x0 at reset can rotate through the 6th spot each week. Palom/Jrmint called it for this next reset, so as long as he is still planning on it then we should be full this week. If any other regulars have to drop we'll ask around here for a replacement and then someone else can jump in next week.

Obviously the community here is awesome and it would be fun to make sure and raid with more people who might want to reset raid because of their time zone or because of their craziness/insomnia. Anyway, just an idea that sounded fun.

LordofPwn

Just got Husk of the Pit randomly while waiting for a PE in the Divide. Guess I'll finally work on ranking up Eris.

I'm also 4 rad shards away from lvl 32. Still have one Crota kill left for the week. Maybe a dupe armor piece and some supplementary shards will get me there.
I'm 2 shards and a few days away from rank 4 to hit 32... Got all my kills and chests for the week too.

Deku Tree

Skipping work for Destiny? Noice.

I'm down for grinding with you. I will probably be able to get up at 6-7 AM EST.

I like the method I did last week where once people got to Crota in CE they saved the checkpoint on other characters and just killed him 3 times in a row on their 3 toons before doing the 1st and 2nd part over again.

I'm not going to be able to hop on until shortly before 8AM EST. But I'm down to grind with you at that time. Yes that's the best method.

RemiLP

Been trying to solo first part of the raid now. Its ALOT harder than on the vids :p keep getting blown up by the lamp when it should launch me to that edge, or lauch me to a different place.

Any advise for that?

Langy

3 of us need some help with Crota if anyone can help us. Nearly killed him (1 hit short) but people have had to leave.

PSN is Langoit, join if you can...

LordofPwn

Been trying to solo first part of the raid now. Its ALOT harder than on the vids :p keep getting blown up by the lamp when it should launch me to that edge, or lauch me to a different place.

Any advise for that?
I use hunter so I just go invisible the whole time. Make sure you're on the rocks by the 2nd lamp.

RemiLP

I use hunter so I just go invisible the whole time. Make sure you're on the rocks by the 2nd lamp.

Only have a titan. Thats the rock i use. Got closer this time tho. Landed on the edge but bounced off the wall and down again i think :p seems random where it launch me. Unless there is a secret spot on it i need to stand?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Still looking for that raid chest :/.

Level 31 Titan Defender looking for a CE from where ever. Lost my Crota checkpoint, but I think I have a Shrieker hallway cp. PSN is Tokunbo.

spyder_ur

I swear I read something last night or this morning about husk of the pit just popping in people's inventories? Did I make that up?

Also does anyone have a link and/or name of the podcast? Is it on iTunes? Pumped to listen.

Shito

Only have a titan. Thats the rock i use. Got closer this time tho. Landed on the edge but bounced off the wall and down again i think :p seems random where it launch me. Unless there is a secret spot on it i need to stand?
Yes, there is a spot to aim for. ^^
When you get on the rock, place your reticle between the lamp and the rock "spike".
After that, you want to crouch, and go backward, so as to stand on the far right corner. Be gentle though, you can fall from the rock if you go too hasty.
Once you get the feel for it, it's 100% guarantee to launch you just right.

RemiLP

Yes, there is a spot to aim for. ^^
When you get on the rock, place your reticle between the lamp and the rock "spike".
After that, you want to crouch, and go backward, so as to stand on the far right corner. Be gentle though, you can fall from the rock if you go too hasty.
Once you get the feel for it, it's 100% guarantee to launch you just right.

Ok thanks. Ill keep trying ;)

Farming glimmer at gatekeeper if anyone wants to join.
Let me spend some glimmer and I will join you guys.

Newbie raid made it to gatekeeper, had to solo the middle aka shoot off ballerhorn rockets and sneak in to get the relic as well..thanks a bunch kill_deaf_radio you helped out a lot! Thanks for helping me carry my scrubbie college buddies since they couldn't help much :p or maybe I am just bad at explaining things?

Einhandr

Some say explosive rounds and firefly at the same time don't mesh well, but it also has armor piercing that I could use instead. I dunno, what do you guys think?

hwTzxF0.jpg

Top Bottom