• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Some say explosive rounds and firefly at the same time don't mesh well, but it also has armor piercing that I could use instead. I dunno, what do you guys think?

hwTzxF0.jpg

Did you get that from an engram? I would love to try that out. Mine doesn't have any great perks.

Steroyd

Destinyghotsthunter.net

Pop in your gamer tag / PSN name and it'll tell you which ones you've got and which you're missing for each area.

Sweet mother of God, I can get all dead ghosts now... Except the one in the area where the Iron Banner bounties are, thought I already got that goddamn!

I should be a shocked that a 3rd party does what Bungie don't, but it's par for the course.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I'd been talking with various folks over the last week, and as long as cyborg is dead, Mattiator cares more about his children than a video game, and astro has a job Tuesday morning then we don't really have a "long term" 6th member of the reset/flawless raids.

Since it had happened naturally the last few weeks we were thinking of just having that be a rotating spot where people from around here that want to do 3x3x3x0 at reset can rotate through the 6th spot each week. Palom/Jrmint called it for this next reset, so as long as he is still planning on it then we should be full this week. If any other regulars have to drop we'll ask around here for a replacement and then someone else can jump in next week.

Obviously the community here is awesome and it would be fun to make sure and raid with more people who might want to reset raid because of their time zone or because of their craziness/insomnia. Anyway, just an idea that sounded fun.

Ha I completely understand, I hope you guys knock it out fast.

RemiLP

Yes, there is a spot to aim for. ^^
When you get on the rock, place your reticle between the lamp and the rock "spike".
After that, you want to crouch, and go backward, so as to stand on the far right corner. Be gentle though, you can fall from the rock if you go too hasty.
Once you get the feel for it, it's 100% guarantee to launch you just right.

I made it up now! Thanks alot :)

Ghazi

One of my favorite parts of Saint 14 is that on my alt Titan I haven't unlocked the perk, but no one enters my bubble to check, haha.

Shito

I made it up now! Thanks alot :)
No problem, took me a little while to figure out the trick from the few videos at the time. ^^
It's strange how I really love soloing those first two parts; I'll be quite sad once they finally patch it out.

LiK

One of my favorite parts of Saint 14 is that on my alt Titan I haven't unlocked the perk, but no one enters my bubble to check, haha.

i actually don't mind being blind cuz sometimes i go in with my FV and still kill them. It's the blessing of light that I'm afraid of.

Born2Live

Some say explosive rounds and firefly at the same time don't mesh well, but it also has armor piercing that I could use instead. I dunno, what do you guys think?

hwTzxF0.jpg

Lovely, my Badger has Final Round, Explosive rounds, and Rangefinder it's served me well but would love one with Firefly.

Yeah, you're the only one I've seen on my list with a higher score. I need to do VoG 17 more times cause it won't count CE towards the 50. Also on the cusp of hunter kills rank 3, crucible kills as a hunter rank 3, Titans killed rank 3, shotgun kills rank 3, and clash wins rank 3..

2750, just got sniper kills rank 3. I think pulse rifles and shotty kills rank 3 are the only weapon ones left there. Other than that, it's like Ogre and Hydra kills rank 3, need to play as warlock more in Crucible and then a bunch of Crucible game mode wins. Rumble is at... 2 or 3. I will never ever get that one, can't stand it. Other than that, just glitched stuff. (Edit: I think the Roc strikes count towards grimoire but a little hard to say. No idea how many we just did but had to be pushing 20. Grimore is at 198/250 which does seem higher than I last remember.)

All I really want out of VoG at this point is Timepiece. I've seen it drop maybe once or twice in the dozens of times I've done the raid. Today it dropped THREE TIMES in one of the groups I was with. But not for me. ;__;!

In my experience, the Foil has dropped a little less often than Time Piece. But more importantly I really feel like they increased the VoG drop rates at least a little. Like you, I rarely saw TimeP ever drop but last few weeks there have frequently been multiple ones drop on each hard GKs clear. Just anecdotal, maybe not true of course.

I went Badger and really like it. Don't have Rapier to compare, but you will probably be happy with both. Badger does have a small clip size, but as a Hunter, Chain of Woe makes up for it with super fast reload. The stability is also pretty nice and I don't have to tweak aim much during drawnout trigger spam.

Don't have Badger but did all those Roc strikes with the Rapier I bought just before we started. Only had the Outlaw perk unlocked but like it a lot so far, very excited to try it out once it's maxed. I'm a little worried though since it has the same impact as my NITC but 6 fewer bullets per magazine (13/19). No idea how many shots Rapier would have with Field Scout but a Outlaw+FS+Firefly perk roll would be amazing I'm sure.

It was my fourth one actually. All my characters already have one, which is more than enough haha.

What program do you use to make those gifs btw?

Ha I completely understand, I hope you guys knock it out fast.

Yeah, last week was much faster than the week before and this week will be even faster still I'm sure. I think it was ~4 hours for the 3x3x3x(a lot) last week, but we started a little late too maybe? Never remember exactly.

whats the best way to solo the Xyor bounty? just use the 'safe room' and icebreaker-away?

Eh, I would suggest just trying to find even 1 person on here to help make it go smoother. I solo'ed it fairly easily for my first Thorn back in the day but they've definitely made it harder to solo since then.

More recently, I had a problem staying in the back room because you have to both lower Phoggy's health and kill enough/certain adds to trigger the next phase ( I think you have to kill the adds from the first drop ship to get the 2nd one, etc. but not sure). So we just kept killing the same respawning adds over and over and never made any progress until we went out into the room and used the rock on the back left side.

Yeah, sorry for dropping. I was getting fatigued and my Cowboys are about to play. I'll be looking for a crota clear or two tomorrow, if any of you guys still need it.

My Colts got the W so good luck to the CBs even though I kinda want them to lose since they totally embarrassed us the other week. Manning vs Luck next week, should be interesting even though I doubt our chances.

If you'll be on later tonight I can run Lv32 Sword and/or GHorn for a kill. Still owe you one and only takes 5-10 minutes as long as the team has a good attitude.

Yup, i've dismantled two secret hand shakes not knowing they're the go to shotty for pvp now. :(

What's the advantage of vendor SH over FVerdict? Just the 2nd perk that reduces the spread since it also has the increased range perk? I sharded a SH drop because the perks were terrible but I maxed the vendor version and so far I still prefer FV with a Two to the Morgue NF drop second.

EL CUCO

So is Thorn worth upgrading for PvE purposes?
Yes. I love it. Already leveled up my 2.0 up to Mark of the Devourer. Dismantled my old maxed one and got 2 shards :)

Without DOT perk, it's pretty sucky for an exotic HC though. So there's really only one way to appreciate that weapon.

MildSoss

It needs shot package before its god tier.

What's the advantage of vendor SH over FVerdict? Just the 2nd perk that reduces the spread since it also has the increased range perk? I sharded a SH drop because the perks were terrible but I maxed the vendor version and so far I still prefer FV with a Two to the Morgue NF drop second.

Yup, the shot package for sure. The range on it is pretty insane for a shotgun, makes it great for when you don't have the time to close the gap on some one as you would with the other shottys.

Don't have Badger but did all those Roc strikes with the Rapier I bought just before we started. Only had the Outlaw perk unlocked but like it a lot so far, very excited to try it out once it's maxed. I'm a little worried though since it has the same impact as my NITC but 6 fewer bullets per magazine (13/19). No idea how many shots Rapier would have with Field Scout but a Outlaw+FS+Firefly perk roll would be amazing I'm sure.

Based on perks I am thinking the vendor Rapier edges out the Badger. Ugh, RNG only gives me shotguns and snipers, not looking forward to grinding out 150 Marks for that, but I think I would be more happy with it than the Badger.

So far, Badger is fine with the damage upgrade, but it lacks the punch and feel of my old A.1F19X-RYL. I loved that gun.

Jinjo

What program do you use to make those gifs btw?

Honestly, I just uploaded the 10 second clip to youtube through PSN and used one of those youtube to gif websites. Gifyoutube.com it was, but they all sorta work.

Here's the youtube link for anyone that wants to hear the wheeping sound of a Gjallarhorn getting dismantled lol.

Top Bottom