• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Eh, I would suggest just trying to find even 1 person on here to help make it go smoother. I solo'ed it fairly easily for my first Thorn back in the day but they've definitely made it harder to solo since then.

More recently, I had a problem staying in the back room because you have to both lower Phoggy's health and kill enough/certain adds to trigger the next phase ( I think you have to kill the adds from the first drop ship to get the 2nd one, etc. but not sure). So we just kept killing the same respawning adds over and over and never made any progress until we went out into the room and used the rock on the back left side.

My Colts got the W so good luck to the CBs even though I kinda want them to lose since they totally embarrassed us the other week. Manning vs Luck next week, should be interesting even though I doubt our chances.

If you'll be on later tonight I can run Lv32 Sword and/or GHorn for a kill. Still owe you one and only takes 5-10 minutes as long as the team has a good attitude.

What's the advantage of vendor SH over FVerdict? Just the 2nd perk that reduces the spread since it also has the increased range perk? I sharded a SH drop because the perks were terrible but I maxed the vendor version and so far I still prefer FV with a Two to the Morgue NF drop second.

I think I'll take you up on that sword duty offer. What time are you going to be on? I've got another guy that'll join me who still needs it, can fill the rest of the group on here. I'll be on after the game. Congrats on the Colts win.

Deku Tree

Next Iron Banner should have its own Primary Weapon that deals elemental Damage as a rank 5 reward. Nobody I know is going to care about 36 light Armor as reason to rank up in Iron Banner.

Yeah the cruicble lag has been reaching an all time high. I am normally tolerant of it but recently I can't stand it and it's pissing me off..glad it's not me going insane wondering if my connection is screwy.

Do people feel like they get less lag when playing with rando's vs a Gaf fireteam? The only possible "down side" for running with Gaf teams is that we're frequently playing with people from all around the world which might strain the connections.

Of course I have no idea how any of this crap works in the first place so maybe that doesn't matter.

I think I'll take you up on that sword duty offer. What time are you going to be on? I've got another guy that'll join me who still needs it, can fill the rest of the group on here. I'll be on after the game. Congrats on the Colts win.

I'll be around my place all evening, just eating now then working on some stuff but I'll be available. Whenever you have a time nailed down with a group just shoot me a PM here or PSN message and let me know.

Yeah the cruicble lag has been reaching an all time high. I am normally tolerant of it but recently I can't stand it and it's pissing me off..glad it's not me going insane wondering if my connection is screwy.

Yep, this has been my experience as well. It's always going to be an issue in online gaming but it's been consistently terrible recently.

Homeboyd

Xboners, I have oracles and templar cp's (hard mode) and will be running tomorrow through atheon x2. Holler at me if you want in. I'll run relic at templar, ez pz.

Homeboyd903

Will be on around 5 PM central.

Do people feel like they get less lag when playing with rando's vs a Gaf fireteam? The only possible "down side" for running with Gaf teams is that we're frequently playing with people from all around the world which might strain the connections.

Of course I have no idea how any of this crap works in the first place so maybe that doesn't matter.

I'll be around my place all evening, just eating now then working on some stuff but I'll be available. Whenever you have a time nailed down with a group just shoot me a PM here or PSN message and let me know.
I think it's the servers or p2p itself. I have been getting terrible lag with some of my college friends that live in the same area or state.
Maybe due to the influx of new players? But that shouldn't cause the issuse..right?

Namikaze1

Holy shit! We came back from a 5000 deficit and won by 800.

LiK, someone is leaving after this next game if you want to join in.

todd360

Nah. But I'm leaving once I hit 50 marks which would be 5 more matches. Gotta go cook. I'll be back later though if you're still on for more Crucible. Got to hit the cap before reset.

Yes! So much! Had one guy eat an entire Suros clip and it did jackshit.

I'll play if I'm hone in time.

Honestly, I just uploaded the 10 second clip to youtube through PSN and used one of those youtube to gif websites. Gifyoutube.com it was, but they all sorta work.

Here's the youtube link for anyone that wants to hear the wheeping sound of a Gjallarhorn getting dismantled lol.

Cool, thanks! I have a lot of saved 15 min videos where I basically just want to make a 10 second gif from it...

Sullichin

Fuck, I was so excited to get Hunger of Crota I just turned in 7 bounties with a hand cannon telemetry going and I didn't equip TLW.

Haybro

2 legendary engrams and then this running the ROC playlist this afternoon, not bad.

KJipjHsl.jpg

Too bad it's a dup...

joecanada

Eh, I would suggest just trying to find even 1 person on here to help make it go smoother. I solo'ed it fairly easily for my first Thorn back in the day but they've definitely made it harder to solo since then.

More recently, I had a problem staying in the back room because you have to both lower Phoggy's health and kill enough/certain adds to trigger the next phase ( I think you have to kill the adds from the first drop ship to get the 2nd one, etc. but not sure). So we just kept killing the same respawning adds over and over and never made any progress until we went out into the room and used the rock on the back left side.

My Colts got the W so good luck to the CBs even though I kinda want them to lose since they totally embarrassed us the other week. Manning vs Luck next week, should be interesting even though I doubt our chances.

If you'll be on later tonight I can run Lv32 Sword and/or GHorn for a kill. Still owe you one and only takes 5-10 minutes as long as the team has a good attitude.

What's the advantage of vendor SH over FVerdict? Just the 2nd perk that reduces the spread since it also has the increased range perk? I sharded a SH drop because the perks were terrible but I maxed the vendor version and so far I still prefer FV with a Two to the Morgue NF drop second.

As someone who mistakenly tried to solo thorn bounty for a couple hours once, I should let everyone know that if you use the back room a new set of temporary adds spawn with the shriekers and dissappear as well.

So if you are using back room the best is to wait for the shriekers to actually go away on their own, after about 8 shots that they take, then immediately run out and kill everything you can... Watch out for knights lurking at door though... You need to damage phogoth some I'm pretty sure but that's easy... Then about the fourth ship your target will spawn and that wizard may follow you into the shriekers room which helps.
I believe you do have to take phogoth down some though because a fellow gaffer and I actually sat there with just phogoth for a while and the ships appear to spawn at set health intervals for phogoth... Say at 80, 60, 40, 20 percent... The fourth ship didn't spawn for us until we actually took phogoth down to at least 20-30%

Namikaze1

Yeah, gonna have to take a break after 3 matches. I will come back later once I'm refreshed and my Gold Headset and DS4 have charged for a bit.

Carn82

As someone who mistakenly tried to solo thorn bounty for a couple hours once, I should let everyone know that if you use the back room a new set of temporary adds spawn with the shriekers and dissappear as well.

So if you are using back room the best is to wait for the shriekers to actually go away on their own, after about 8 shots that they take, then immediately run out and kill everything you can... Watch out for knights lurking at door though... You need to damage phogoth some I'm pretty sure but that's easy... Then about the fourth ship your target will spawn and that wizard may follow you into the shriekers room which helps.
I believe you do have to take phogoth down some though because a fellow gaffer and I actually sat there with just phogoth for a while and the ships appear to spawn at set health intervals for phogoth... Say at 80, 60, 40, 20 percent... The fourth ship didn't spawn for us until we actually took phogoth down to at least 20-30%

ah, makes sense. I made it to the 2nd wave. But soloing this isnt fun ;(

joecanada

2 legendary engrams and then this running the ROC playlist this afternoon, not bad.

KJipjHsl.jpg

Too bad it's a dup...

Roc strikes are a complete waste of time for me I've never seen one good reward.

Discussing Rng, did anyone else notice that your " random drops" appear to coincide with the faction you level most? For instance my randoms are almost always crucible weapons, which I also earn (buy) a lot of. Over my career destiny I've received probably 6,7 crucible, maybe 1, of each other faction.. Usually dead orbit or nm which I also levelled.
I do have one fwc weapon

joecanada

ah, makes sense. I made it to the 2nd wave. But soloing this isnt fun ;(

It's mostly the knights that are bad you can shoot phogoth from back room by right side of door, crouch down and look through both doors at once... But again don't waste time on the shriekers temporary friends, I had a person outside watching and they just hang out and dissappear with shriekers

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Based on perks I am thinking the vendor Rapier edges out the Badger. Ugh, RNG only gives me shotguns and snipers, not looking forward to grinding out 150 Marks for that, but I think I would be more happy with it than the Badger.

So far, Badger is fine with the damage upgrade, but it lacks the punch and feel of my old A.1F19X-RYL. I loved that gun.

I went back to A.1F19X-RYL for most things. Only taking out The Calling if needing higher attack rating, A.1F19X-RYL feels so much better to play with.

I'm very tempted to delete either my Hunter or Titan, with the intention to use the third slot to delete and remake an extra one or two characters per week to Raid again with.

Looking at my Rad shard collecting rate it will take until mid March to get all characters to 32, I figure by deleting/remaking I can get enough shards and still relevel whichever character I deleted back to where it is now in half that time if not sooner, only it'll be 32 then due to getting the shards, plus all the extra nightfall/raid loots too I'd get in mean time.

Can anyone think of a reason not to do it?

joecanada

I went back to A.1F19X-RYL for most things. Only taking out The Calling if needing higher attack rating, A.1F19X-RYL feels so much better to play with.

I bought another nitc, then found a b line trauma like 3 days later ( of course). Both have ok perks but b line has firefly, explosive rounds. I love the gun but it appears from research that these 2 perks seem to not work together :(

Edit - my point was that I recommend b line but haven't tried all

Top Bottom