• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

void666

Banned
Closed my eyes while decrypting some engrams. One was a legendary heavy weapon.
Well, it worked. Kind of... Thunderlord.

Finally something i didn't have already and it's not useless.

Shito

Sigh. I am really tired of juggling my inventory. How hard is it to increase vault space?
It's probably a two-reasons kind of thing.
1) They want to make the players' save files the smallest possible, because it costs them storage and bandwidth. They seem to be very aggressive with this.
2) They wanted to have a very simple / easy to make / easy to read UI. To add more space to the vault would mean retweaking the vault's UI, and add some kind of scrolling fields, which would be a first in all their interface. It seems they made the deliberate choice not to have any kind of scrolling interface, and it limits them on screens like the vault.

Both of them can be treated, but it's a little bit of work, on the technical side *and* on the design one.
I agree with everyone here that this should be one their highest priorities, though. :)

1) They want to make the players' save files the smallest possible, because it costs them storage and bandwidth. They seem to be very aggressive with this.
2) They wanted to have a very simple / easy to make / easy to read UI. To add more space to the vault would mean retweaking the vault's UI, and add some kind of scrolling fields, which would be a first in all their interface.

Both of them can be treated, but it's a little bit of work, on the technical side *and* on the design one.
I agree with everyone here that this should be one their highest priorities, though. :)

Bungie is aware and I am sure they are looking into it. Urk commented on it in the OT a month or so ago. It probably has a lot of technical challenges as you note here. May be a while.

Nuszka

So running past the final section of Omnigul strike where the ogre appears makes the enemies despawn and starts the main fight of the strike.

CougRon

Is there anywhere in the tower I can turn in materials? I have a ton of spin metal filling up my vault... I know you used to be able to go to the crucible quartermaster but now he only sells mat as far as I can tell.

Is there anywhere in the tower I can turn in materials? I have a ton of spin metal filling up my vault... I know you used to be able to go to the crucible quartermaster but now he only sells mat as far as I can tell.

Nope. Would love to be able to exchange them for Strange Coins or Motes of Light. At least give me something to do with them and it would give those who are short when Xur shows up a chance for that last coin or MoL. I liked being able to use them to rank up Vanguard (wasn't much) and it ranked up weapons/armor at the same time.

Manp

Woooo! so today i was finally able to get my warlock alt to 20. went from lvl 12 to 20 in one night, i feel kinda dizzy right now.

anyway thanks to the leftovers from my main titan i was able to get it straight from 20 to 27. feels good.

now i need to get it ready to do hard VoG for that one more chance at Fatebringer :(

edit: yeah, i need an heavy

so uh anyone wants to drag my alt through nightfall and weekly? :)

ocean

Banned
2) They wanted to have a very simple / easy to make / easy to read UI. To add more space to the vault would mean retweaking the vault's UI, and add some kind of scrolling fields, which would be a first in all their interface. It seems they made the deliberate choice not to have any kind of scrolling interface, and it limits them on screens like the vault.

I don't think increasing the amount of gear you have has an effect on your save file. Each weapon you own is probably just a checkbox on your unique ID on their database. As for the scrolling, think of the friends list. Horizontal arrows that take you to new "pages" of lists. Whatever is stopping them from increasing vault space, I sincerely doubt it's technical. More like other programming issues have taken priority.

todd360

Just got a legendary sniper engram. Is there even any special weapon exotics I want left? Lol.

2 legend engram's in one day. Not bad, not bad

Got a gauntlet purple from a blue and a legendary shotgun from purple.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

It really should. I think they should have expanded the vault when they released CE. They added so many new items into the circulation that there is no way they didn't know it would become an issue.

Derpyduck

Banned
Anyone wanna take a weekly strike newb with them for the weekly? I'm also a raid newb if there's a group going that wants/needs a level 30 hunter. All my gear is purple and has a mark on it that I think signifies it's from the expansion.

LiK

Nami, do control? Gonna do 5 and take a break

Also, no voice from you cuz if NAT. Todd is talking to himself.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone up for weekly? Have to do one more ugh. Psn tigerheli. Just add me and join up. Gonna start.

Looking for a group of guardians to kill Crota. Start time roughly 8:15 EST, about 2 hours from now (unless the Cowboys/Lions game goes long).

1) Dr_LawyerCop (me)
2) Dr_LawyerCop's friend
3) Boguester (32 sword master)
4) Darkwing
5) androo2300
6) kopyasu

Should be a smooth one. Hopefully people still need it.

This will start shortly. Waiting to hear from Boguester. If any of you have sword experience though, we could pick up a 6th? Or does any one with sword experience want to join? Boguester was just planning on helping me out.

ocean

Banned
Are ROC Steikes doable at level 26 with maxed weapons? My Hunter will finally reach 20 in a day or two and will need a serious Vanguard grind to buy armor. I have enough to take him to 26 with Vaulted drops/Xûr wares though.

Agent

Sorry to the crucible crew for playing like hot trash the last few games. I was getting tired after playing a few hours and was missing kills I normally would make.

Top Bottom