• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Just tried a solo lamps practice run with Don't touch me after unlocking the invisibility perk, yup its legit. I even got lost halfway through and managed to find my way back while walking through the crowd of clueless thralls.

Rixa

Just tried a solo lamps practice run with Don't touch me after unlocking the invisibility perk, yup its legit. I even got lost halfway through and managed to find my way back while walking through the crowd of clueless thralls.

Was the last when ogres show easy? Same mechanism as walking part of that 1st part?
Going to try same later this, just for fun.

Oh shit! A Hawkmoon was waiting for me at the Postmaster!

I dismantled it. Have no need for another one.

tumblr_m8cfk72sB01qjlih9.gif

Rixa

You can jump on the stone next to the lamp and kill the ogre with black hammer before he even fires his first beam.

So wait in the light that you dont have "gravity" (or whatever it was) on and then jump to that stone & just wait + shoot (I do have maxed BH)?

Steroyd

I'm sure its been posted but here's http://www.destinyexotics.com/ for you hoarders.

It would be nice if there was an export/summary feature that you can share.

Anyways, I have

Total Pieces: 69 out of 91
Exotic Weapons: 17/20 (I can't get the 3 PS ones and Nechrocasm)
VOG Weapons: 7/9
Crota's End Weapons: 5/5
Exotic Armor: 16/27
VOG Armor: 14/15
Crota's End Armor: 10/15

Nice.

21/24 exotic weapons
25/27 exotic armour
9/9 Vog raid weapons
15/15 Vog armour
3/5 Crota's End weapons
5/15 Crota's end armour... Not even a single class item.

Skyshock and Truth were made for each other. The heavy ammo spawns are really easy to get to on both ends of the map and you have huge line of sight to get a lock across the map, shoot the rocket slightly upward, and just run to cover and wait for the kill. It is too fun.

I have to say, the void kills part of Thorn bounty is much easier when you have a full void arsenal and not just one void sniper rifle. I really unnecessarily tortured myself the first time around. Just need to kill xyor and get a few more crucible points for Bad Juju and I have all the 2.0 exotic bounties (that I want, Invective can fuck off) done.

Why? Just why! Why is it always the fucking Shoulder Charge bounty when Titans get lucky with Eris?!

Has there ever been anything but this for titans? I don't recall there being anything different.

So glad to not have to do those any more. I only do the easy ones for weapon XP if I am leveling something.

I die a little inside every time I see someone shooting both Oracles and Atheon with The Last Word.... so I will continue to make this PSA:

-Found Verdict is the best Oracle killer in the game, the catch is that you need to be close. This is actually a good thing because:
-Once adds are down, move forward the entire time while killing oracles.
-Only two cleanses required in each portal: once on the stairs near the 2nd+3rd oracles after adds are down, then once again near the exit once the 6th oracle is being shot. A third cleanse can be added in the middle area if oracle killing is slow.
-Don't use Golden Gun on Atheon, do use it on supplicants and oracles
-Supplicants continue to spawn during T's V so they need to be continuously killed.
-You don't need to jump out of the middle if a Titan puts up a bubble right in the middle. Stand just behind it so Atheon can't get you but you can still shoot detain shields.

This post was brought to you by my scrubby Australian friends.

So wait in the light that you dont have "gravity" (or whatever it was) on and then jump to that stone & just wait + shoot (I do have maxed BH)?

Activate the last lamp, then hide behind stone till it explodes, then activate bridge plate, jump on the rock and use BH/IB or any high impact sniper. You need to make him flinch with each shot or he will beam you.

Namikaze1

Has there ever been anything but this for titans? I don't recall there being anything different.

So glad to not have to do those any more. I only do the easy ones for weapon XP if I am leveling something.
This is the third time this bounty came up for titans. Titans had as of now, just 4 Eris Bounties. I can't remember what the first was but it wasn't the Shoulder Charge bounty. I always skip this bounty cause I hate dealing with Wizards.

panda-zebra

More automated grinding "research" last night. Had a fairly fresh Sunsinger do WWTH with the Red Death and Titan One manning the controls. While it's only around 1/3 as effective as actually being there in person, it managed to level around 17 sunbro bubbles in 12 hours:

This is what I saw 10 hours in when I woke up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soP3-HmnGoY

And this was the final result after the 12 hours were up:

If I was in the position where I was killing and recreating a character once or multiple times a week to boost raid opportunities, I think this overnight boosting would be the way to go. As is, it serves little purpose for me, just wish I'd got off my arse and looked into it more back in October when the thing dropped on my door mat.

I die a little inside every time I see someone shooting both Oracles and Atheon with The Last Word.... so I will continue to make this PSA:

-Found Verdict is the best Oracle killer in the game, the catch is that you need to be close. This is actually a good thing because:
-Once adds are down, move forward the entire time while killing oracles.
-Only two cleanses required in each portal: once on the stairs near the 2nd+3rd oracles after adds are down, then once again near the exit once the 6th oracle is being shot. A third cleanse can be added in the middle area if oracle killing is slow.
-Don't use Golden Gun on Atheon, do use it on supplicants and oracles
-Supplicants continue to spawn during T's V so they need to be continuously killed.
-You don't need to jump out of the middle if a Titan puts up a bubble right in the middle. Stand just behind it so Atheon can't get you but you can still shoot detain shields.

This post was brought to you by my scrubby Australian friends.

Prefer corrective measure for oracles personally.

Tons of ammo, not subject to group wipe heavy ammo bug, don't need to get close, 100 rounds until reload.

TP-DK

I'm sure its been posted but here's http://www.destinyexotics.com/ for you hoarders.

It would be nice if there was an export/summary feature that you can share.

Anyways, I have

Total Pieces: 69 out of 91
Exotic Weapons: 17/20 (I can't get the 3 PS ones and Nechrocasm)
VOG Weapons: 7/9
Crota's End Weapons: 5/5
Exotic Armor: 16/27
VOG Armor: 14/15
Crota's End Armor: 10/15

Would have been cool if it had info on all of it too.

I have 21/24 exotic weapons. (missing Hawkmoon, 4th Horseman and Necrochasm)
20/27 exotic armor

More automated grinding "research" last night. Had a fairly fresh Sunsinger do WWTH with the Red Death and Titan One manning the controls. While it's only around 1/3 as effective as actually being there in person, it managed to level around 17 sunbro bubbles in 12 hours:

This is what I saw 10 hours in when I woke up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soP3-HmnGoY

And this was the final result after the 12 hours were up:

If I was in the position where I was killing and recreating a character once or multiple times a week to boost raid opportunities, I think this overnight boosting would be the way to go. As is, it serves little purpose for me, just wish I'd got off my arse and looked into it more back in October when the thing dropped on my door mat.

You actually pulled it off? Legend!

Rixa

More automated grinding "research" last night. Had a fairly fresh Sunsinger do WWTH with the Red Death and Titan One manning the controls. While it's only around 1/3 as effective as actually being there in person, it managed to level around 17 sunbro bubbles in 12 hours.
Heh nice.
How hard it was to "code" Titan One for the job?

Lots of fun, bar that teabagger at the end, I now only find teabagging acceptable if they fall to my No Land Beyond.

Took me a second to realize I was that bagger, haha. Here's the deal: if the other two guys die and I manage to finish solo'ing the mission, bagging is acceptable. Same with being killed by NLB, you just have to accept your bags in these situations. Destiny etiquette.

Got the double bounties for Eris in tody. With the Titan one and the non repeats it was a good day for Eris rep. .

Great day for Titans. I'm 27 rep away from rank 4 so I'll be all set for reset raids. Good stuff.

Jaeyden

-Found Verdict is the best Oracle killer in the game, the catch is that you need to be close.

I have recently switched to Super Good Advice/Black Hammer/Vision. SGA lasts forever because detain shields and oracles do not count as hits. Black Hammer crits for 20k and keeps going as long as you can aim like a champ. VoC because VoC.

TP-DK

People lets do a crotas end run now to celebrate the fantastic weekly reset tomorrow, that will grant us all with amazing exotics in the nightfall and VoG, legendary engrams in the weekly and raid armor/weapons in CE.

Or to put it another way, I still need to do CE on my Hunter, anyone up for joining?

Top Bottom