• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I'm not really clear on which part of the Templar fight the 'legion summoning' happens at. Initially I thought it was during the confluxes where hiding would can a bunch of Vex sacrificing themselves - hence the wipe.

Basically I don't know when this legion summoning part happens, or why you would hide from it.

When the templar summons his legions the confluxes disappear and you basically just have to survive until the encounter ends. You can just hide and after a while the next phase will start. You don't need to fight them at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not really clear on which part of the Templar fight the 'legion summoning' happens at. Initially I thought it was during the confluxes where hiding would can a bunch of Vex sacrificing themselves - hence the wipe.

Basically I don't know when this legion summoning part happens, or why you would hide from it.
Between each conflux round, the conflux(es) you were defending disappear and the templar summons a bunch of major fanatics and harpies. There's nothing to defend at this point, it's just staying alive until the next round. when the confluxes reappear, the enemies all disappear.

timnich

Had a kind of messed up experience on Destiny.

I was farming for engrams and glimmer on Venus to upgrade my armor when someone ran in and sat in the room, preventing enemies from spawning. I messaged then asking them to get out, they were clearly there just to piss me off. At first the dude was playing dumb, then he started messaging me things like my neogaf user handle and other stuff from my posts on neogaf. I guess he googled my PSN ID and found my posts on here. Really creeped me out, some people are really pathetic. I invited him to a party chat to see what his problem was, but he was too chicken to actually voice chat with me.

Hyun Sai

When you see the "Templar is summoning his legions", the confluxes disappear. So there is no wipe chance there, usually people go in the room or in high places to shoot them from above and makes it go faster.

EDIT : Damn, beaten hard.

Finally reached level 29 yesterday and am quite keen on attempting VoG HM.
Obviously I'd like to get fatebringer, but really I'm just curious about how the Raid changes from Normal to Hard mode.

I read something about hiding in the spirit bloom cave during the "summoning legions" phase. How come this doesn't lead to a wipe, and is this really neccassary?

My current gear setup would be something like:
300 VoC
245 Void Fusion Rifle/Sniper
300 Hezen Vengeance (or a 250ish Void Rocket launcher)

Sound good?
I know having a 300 void secondary would be good, but I honestly can't face the grind to get one. I don't even know where to get one from come to think of it.
During legions, a bunch of mobs spawn in the middle (fanatics, harpies, etc). They don't rush the conflux so that's why you don't fail if you hide on pillars or in the spirit bloom cave.

They also will despawn after a few minutes. Killing them makes it go faster so if you have a group of 30+ it's better and easier to just kill them. But a lot of groups just run during that phase. I prefer to kill everything myself. Dumping rockets and grenades in the middle makes it pretty easy.

Edit: Late as usual :p

ocean

Banned

It's during Confluxes. You start off with one, then two, and finally three Confluxes. Between each phase the legions are summoned: a massive amount of adds will spawn down in the center (where the cleansing pool is).

By jumping into the spirit bloom cave (a crevice along the right walk towards the left stairs) you can stay out of harm. The legions despawn as soon as the new Confluxes spawn.

You don't necessarily have to do this but since there are no revives and the amount of enemies in that part is insane, hiding is a common practice. To be fair, this is because level 30s were once cherished assets to a team and not all that common. Nowadays it's different. An all 29s group will probably need to hide no matter what because a single death means a probable wipe. In a group where most are 30+ it's not a requirement but a safe way to get that phase done more reliably.

Carn82

Had a kind of messed up experience on Destiny.

I was farming for engrams and glimmer on Venus to upgrade my armor when someone ran in and sat in the room, preventing enemies from spawning. I messaged then asking them to get out, they were clearly there just to piss me off. .

I had that during the loot cave days. Just go back to orbit and reload.

Just doing the last daily for today. Join in if you like.

Cosmos_Man
PS4

After that crucible. Nami let me know when you're done matches. Anyone else want to play?

Got "The Hanged Man" from Dead Orbit this weekend.

It looks so freakin sexy.

Anyone know if the odds for exotics are better in ROC or Crucible?

Technically ROC, but only because you have a chance of getting a legendary engram to drop during the strike itself, as opposed to the single loot reward during the post-game in PvP.

What an absolute bummer this weeks CE runs for me, Crota dropped 2 Shards and 2 Energies on my 2 runs. Its not like I have any weapons I would like to own.
3 Song of Ir Yut so far.

Bogeypop

no one needs them done before the reset?

I still need to do my Weekly, but I'm currently doing some Roc strikes with GAFers. If everyone gets tired soon I'm willing to help, but I wouldn't count on it. :(

Anyone know if the odds for exotics are better in ROC or Crucible?

I'd say probably Crucible considering how many stories of Hawkmoons and Ghorn I hear. All I ever see or hear from people about Roc Strikes are Exotics no one really wants.
Too bad I'm a PvE player, and Roc Strikes are my only choice :(

Finally! Players!

image.php

RDreamer

There's some matchmaking in strikes right? What level do I have to be to get to that?

I'm still a noob, and this game's pretty fun with some co-op partners, but boring as goddamned shit alone. What's the quickest way to level up and get there? Or how do I find some people to play with at low level? It's really baffling there isn't any sort of solution to this... or that they don't populate your instances with people near your level (or maybe they try to and there's just fucking no one at my level...)

I'm level 10 now.

There's some matchmaking in strikes right? What level do I have to be to get to that?

I'm still a noob, and this game's pretty fun with some co-op partners, but boring as goddamned shit alone. What's the quickest way to level up and get there? Or how do I find some people to play with at low level? It's really baffling there isn't any sort of solution to this... or that they don't populate your instances with people near your level (or maybe they try to and there's just fucking no one at my level...)

I'm level 10 now.

all the strikes have matchmaking except the thorn bounty and weekly ones.

Prefer corrective measure for oracles personally.

Tons of ammo, not subject to group wipe heavy ammo bug, don't need to get close, 100 rounds until reload.

I have recently switched to Super Good Advice/Black Hammer/Vision. SGA lasts forever because detain shields and oracles do not count as hits. Black Hammer crits for 20k and keeps going as long as you can aim like a champ. VoC because VoC.

Best Atheon load out: VoC+FV+GH

Bear in mind when I say "best" I'm treating it hypothetically by assuming all weapons are available. CMeasure and SGA are great for people that have IceB or BHam but not GH, but then they aren't the best in the game. They are only "the best" for people without GH, if that makes sense.

Heavy ammo is rarely an issue for me on Atheon, maybe because I typically run the relic if I get ported. But I also use synth every time possible. I'm not going to hold back a group just because I didn't feel like spending 950 glimmer/20% of a strange coin. If I synth at the start of the round, the timer is usually up or close to it by the time a wipe might happen. Unless I'm trying to carry n00bs/low level alts, it's pretty rare to wipe more than once or twice these days.

It would be interesting to see how close BHam could get to GH's DPS if everyone hit all of their crits. I still don't see it reaching the level of a GH team, but it's also very common to miss crits given Atheon's weird crit spot and propensity for shuffling around.

Yep, any strike you do now will pair you up. Just select it from the map. Once your each Level 20, then you'll have access to playlists that are nothing but random strike and will matchmake you with two others.
What's the quickest way to level up and get there? Or how do I find some people to play with at low level?
As soon as bounties are available, grab them and work on them, alongside doing story missions. That's going to be your quickest way to Level 20. Crucible matches peppered in there will also help. As for finding people to play with, well, you've come to the right place! :D

I'm level 10 now.

First *playlist* strike is level 18(?) I believe. Just grind bounties for the XP and you'll hit it in no time. The grind to 20 is very easy once you get used to the method of getting there.

You can always party up with people here. I know some would be willing to carry you through the low level strikes. Hell, I'd be happy to if I weren't at work.

Namikaze1

Well, post some pictures or opinions I am tempted to pick it up...

Seconded. Someone else had picked up the art book and posted here a few days ago. And when asked to provide pics, they said the same thing as you, Nami. So, pics or it didn't happen. Ha!

Well, I hope you settle on just having to read impressions cause I'm not gonna be providing pics anytime soon.

the cheap ass phone I'm using at the moment doesn't have a camera. My camera phone got stolen so that's why I'm using a cheap ads phone at the moment.

dB Viper

What an absolute bummer this weeks CE runs for me, Crota dropped 2 Shards and 2 Energies on my 2 runs. Its not like I have any weapons I would like to own.
3 Song of Ir Yut so far.

I've received 6 STRAIGHT
Song of Ir Yut
on my Warlock & Warlock Alt. First run on hunter of course I get
Black Hammer, lol

I'm sorry to anyone that tries to chat with me when I play late. My girlfriend and I share a small apartment and she works 12 hour hospital shifts super early early in the morning, so I have to keep it down at night.

PSN:SEBattleship

Sorry when you joined and already had a group coming. But i understand when you can't talk!

I much prefer dancing to teabagging. I find it not as offensive.

I had a Rumble match on Saturday where I got teabagged for getting killed. I don't really think it was that great of a kill and it certainly came from nowhere. So, of course, I paid the player back in spades. Every time I killed them, I danced and teabagged. In the end, I not only killed that player more times than they did me, but I also won the Rumble match. It was sweet sweet justice.

haha yeah, bagging your friends who die during strikes or story missions is "ironic" to me (I know that sounds hipstery). I enjoy it as a joke, basically acknowledging how stupid it is.

In Crucible I try to only ever revenge-bag but once or twice my emotions may have gotten the best of me...

cilonen

Well, post some pictures or opinions I am tempted to pick it up...

Seconded. Someone else had picked up the art book and posted here a few days ago. And when asked to provide pics, they said the same thing as you, Nami. So, pics or it didn't happen. Ha!

I have it. It's nicely done. There's lots of good stuff in there. It goes through the concept art, then the locations, the races, classes and weapons.

There's also a cool bit on the UI design which shows an interesting image of a 'completion log' type screen with loads more activities and factions than we actually got, so even if it was just an early concept image it gives an idea of how they want the game to be.

I'll try and take some dodgy phone pics later.

RemiLP

Between each conflux round, the conflux(es) you were defending disappear and the templar summons a bunch of major fanatics and harpies. There's nothing to defend at this point, it's just staying alive until the next round. when the confluxes reappear, the enemies all disappear.

Ooohh, so thats how it works :p never had that part explained to me before. Thanks :)

Top Bottom