• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hey no problem. I'm around tomorrow night to try if they want. I always feel bad too. I'm not as skilled with the sword on titan but I think Weapons was definitely helping out. Was fun anyway, great group :)

Thanks for the run hawkian.

Sorry I had to bail, wife was getting on me, had to be up at 4 am for work and get the kid to daycare for his first day. man that was heartbreaking btw. he cried and cried and yelled dont go!

would love to run it with you next weekend if you can. Im 31 on my hunter or with any luck 32 by then so we can stick it hard to crotas backside err.... end

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the run hawkian.

Sorry I had to bail, wife was getting on me, had to be up at 4 am for work and get the kid to daycare for his first day. man that was heartbreaking btw. he cried and cried and yelled dont go!

would love to run it with you next weekend if you can. Im 31 on my hunter or with any luck 32 by then so we can stick it hard to crotas backside err.... end
4am, daaang. Poor kiddo. Sounded so excited about it last night xD

Well hey sure, whenever! Tonight's no good for you guys? I'd love you be able to get you the kill before reset

It seems you don't know about Praetorian Foil.

Yeah and at least with praetorian foil you can do some good damage to Atheon too. Although I guess you could try some kind of shotgun dance with him.

umm wut...? I have all VoG weapons maxed. GH does slightly more DPS to Atheon than Foil so I'll stick with that.

FV can OHK hard oracles if you get to them fast enough, i.e. have to reload one round. Remember that it is a good thing FV requires you to move quickly through the portal because:

(1) oracles have increasing health over time after they spawn so you want to start shooting them ASAP. The charge time for Foil makes it much harder to hit the oracle at the exact right time.
(2) you want to be moving towards the exit the entire time considering the goal is to get back outside. If someone is standing in the sync plate when Atheon teleports, the portal will be active before the first supplicant wave arrives on the right side.
(3) easily allows you to keep cleansing people and stagger portal exits, relic first.

I feel like I'm having the GH vs. HVeng debate again...

iowafan.gif

Plot twist: This girl is actually zoba IRL. She just has a man's voice.

todd360

umm wut...? I have all VoG weapons maxed.

FV can OHK hard oracles if you get to them fast enough, i.e. have to reload one round. Remember that it is a good thing FV requires you to move quickly through the portal because:

(1) oracles have increasing health over time after they spawn so you want to start shooting them ASAP. The charge time for Foil makes it much harder to hit the oracle at the exact right time.
(2) you want to be moving towards the exit the entire time considering the goal is to get back outside. If someone is standing in the sync plate when Atheon teleports, the portal will be active before the first supplicant wave arrives on the right side.
(3) easily allows you to keep cleansing people and stagger portal exits, relic first.

Zoba is so pretty.

Namikaze1

No problem.

Anyone else want in on some Crucible?

I haven't seen my friends list so quiet during the day in a longggg time. Everyone baxk to school and work =

This is my last week of work. Noooo000ooOOoO
I'm gonna have to call out. The five minute thing is turning out to be longer than I expected. And on top of that, I'm gonna have to deal with some college related things. So I won't be back till another 2-3 hours.

Zoba is so pretty.
really pretty

noomi

18 hours until weekly reset!!! Woooooo!!!

I'll be going to bed at 9pm per usual on Mondays to get up early.

Hah! I do the same thing, glad to know I'm not the only one. I need to leave for work @ 6AM, so I get up at 4am and try to run as many crotas as I can before I leave.

RDreamer

Yep, any strike you do now will pair you up. Just select it from the map. Once your each Level 20, then you'll have access to playlists that are nothing but random strike and will matchmake you with two others.

As soon as bounties are available, grab them and work on them, alongside doing story missions. That's going to be your quickest way to Level 20. Crucible matches peppered in there will also help. As for finding people to play with, well, you've come to the right place! :D

I've been doing bounties and stories and some crucible. Crucible seems pretty frustrating and I'm getting just smashed. Not entirely sure why. Switching from my good hand cannon to a less good pulse rifle helped. Still kind of messed up going against people with shields, though... I don't like doing the story missions alone, so I'll probably wait on that.

Seems like most people in this thread are higher level looking for high level stuff, though. I got one person to play with one time. Tried yesterday and no one was on, so I ended up doing some patrol stuff on the moon. Kind of boring, really.

I'm really just surprised there's no way of doing matchmaking at low level. It's a crazy oversight to me. I'd probably be crazy addicted to this if I could, since it's like Diablo.... but with Diablo I could just pop on at any point I wanted and get people to play with, and here I can't.

4am, daaang. Poor kiddo. Sounded so excited about it last night xD

Well hey sure, whenever! Tonight's no good for you guys? I'd love you be able to get you the kill before reset

I should be able to muster it tonight. it would have to around 6pst. ill see what I can do.

Nami are you guys in crucible again? I would love to join if you have an extra space. Welp saw earlier post.

Anyone doing Crucible I can hop in, will be on in about 15 minutes. Going to shower real quick.

Waldini

So, im deaf now :(

A guy got Ghjallahorn at the end of a Vanguard ROC strike. Damn. After that he received the SUROS. Man, his reaction was priceless...

Think he was a KinderGuardian though.

Had a kind of messed up experience on Destiny.

I was farming for engrams and glimmer on Venus to upgrade my armor when someone ran in and sat in the room, preventing enemies from spawning. I messaged then asking them to get out, they were clearly there just to piss me off. At first the dude was playing dumb, then he started messaging me things like my neogaf user handle and other stuff from my posts on neogaf. I guess he googled my PSN ID and found my posts on here. Really creeped me out, some people are really pathetic. I invited him to a party chat to see what his problem was, but he was too chicken to actually voice chat with me.

That's terrible. Sorry to hear about it.

Try to hop on a normal VoG GKeeper glimmer farm around here sometime, it's approximately 10,000x better than farming random mob spawns. And most of us are not creepy internet weirdos that google people's PSN names. Most of us.

I've been doing bounties and stories and some crucible. Crucible seems pretty frustrating and I'm getting just smashed. Not entirely sure why. Switching from my good hand cannon to a less good pulse rifle helped. Still kind of messed up going against people with shields, though... I don't like doing the story missions alone, so I'll probably wait on that.

Seems like most people in this thread are higher level looking for high level stuff, though. I got one person to play with one time. Tried yesterday and no one was on, so I ended up doing some patrol stuff on the moon. Kind of boring, really.

I'm really just surprised there's no way of doing matchmaking at low level. It's a crazy oversight to me. I'd probably be crazy addicted to this if I could, since it's like Diablo.... but with Diablo I could just pop on at any point I wanted and get people to play with, and here I can't.

What's your PSN? I'll probably be playing around 7 EST tonight and we can do some story, strikes, whatever you'd like. I understand how boring it is alone, trust me. If I hadn't of found DestinyGAF, I'd have traded this game in a while ago.

We'll get you hooked. It wasn't a lie when Bungie said the real Destiny start post 20. It really does begin to open up at that point.

Nami are you guys in crucible again? I would love to join if you have an extra space. Welp saw earlier post.

Anyone doing Crucible I can hop in, will be on in about 15 minutes. Going to shower real quick.

Nami had to go. But I am still down. Join in when ready. I am just running a quick rumble match.

Cosmos_Man

I still need to do my Weekly, but I'm currently doing some Roc strikes with GAFers. If everyone gets tired soon I'm willing to help, but I wouldn't count on it. :(

I looked at my Bungie profile and realized we did 23 straight Roc strikes yesterday. Not bad. Must have averaged easily <10 min/strike even with the long ass load times between.

umm wut...? I have all VoG weapons maxed. GH does slightly more DPS to Atheon than Foil so I'll stick with that.

Yes, I am quite aware that you have to keep moving forward and that the goal is to exit as quickly as possible. I know how to play the raid, thanks. Since you need to be directly under the oracles with Found Verdict, that seems like a bit more running around than I'd care to do. It's not a direct path. To each his own though, one shotting with a fusion rifle works fine with me.

Bogeypop

A guy got Ghjallahorn at the end of a Vanguard ROC strike. Damn. After that he received the SUROS. Man, his reaction was priceless...

Time to uninstall the game...

I looked at my Bungie profile and realized we did 23 straight Roc strikes yesterday. Not bad. Must have averaged easily <10 min/strike even with the long ass load times between.

If this Roc Train stops, or just one person leaves I'M PUTTING YOU IN, COACH! I am determined to become like the guy Waldini mentioned!

E92 M3

I have it. It's awesome. Top tier vg art book.

Awesome - I wonder if it's better than the Dark Souls art book (my current favorite). How is the page quality?

That's what I don't want Bungie to take away from us. Every game needs to have weapons that are slightly OP to keep the excitement alive. No one gets excited about getting something that's perfectly balanced - that's just human nature.

Unfortunately though, Bungie loves to follow their vision and not look at the community until there is a lot of noise being made. I'm just pre-scared for the upcoming update this month lol.

R0ckman

Had a kind of messed up experience on Destiny.

I was farming for engrams and glimmer on Venus to upgrade my armor when someone ran in and sat in the room, preventing enemies from spawning. I messaged then asking them to get out, they were clearly there just to piss me off. At first the dude was playing dumb, then he started messaging me things like my neogaf user handle and other stuff from my posts on neogaf. I guess he googled my PSN ID and found my posts on here. Really creeped me out, some people are really pathetic. I invited him to a party chat to see what his problem was, but he was too chicken to actually voice chat with me.

I understand your situation, but why go through all of that song and dance when you could have just went to orbit and gone back in?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, the more I do ROCs, the more I realize that they should never really take more than 10 or so minutes. You can skip so much in all of them. Even Valus Ta'aurc should only take about 10 minutes.

I understand your situation, but why go through all of that song and dance when you could have just went to orbit and gone back in?

Probably didn't even need to go that far. matchmaking happens between zones on occasion, so he probably could have just left the zone, came back, and it would have been gone.

Bungie has a dreadful history of killing maps and map variety. It kills me that they removed First Light and Bastion from Control. Hopefully the new Dark Below maps are added into the regular Control rotation because I am really sick of the same few maps we always get, especially on Xbox One. Sheesh.

RDreamer

What's your PSN? I'll probably be playing around 7 EST tonight and we can do some story, strikes, whatever you'd like. I understand how boring it is alone, trust me. If I hadn't of found DestinyGAF, I'd have traded this game in a while ago.

We'll get you hooked. It wasn't a lie when Bungie said the real Destiny start post 20. It really does begin to open up at that point.

Rad. My usual play time ends up being around 10PM EST to about 12PM EST. That's just kind of the for sure times I'm around and gaming. Other than that it's pretty random. I've got a weird job where I'm practically a small business owner so I work when needed, which happens to be whenever the fuck, lol.

Anyway, my PSN is RDreamer. Anyone else feel free to add me, too if you want to play around at low levels :p

Bungie has a dreadful history of killing maps and map variety. It kills me that they removed First Light and Bastion from Control. Hopefully the new Dark Below maps are added into the regular Control rotation because I am really sick of the same few maps we always get, especially on Xbox One. Sheesh.

How many maps are there for Control? I like the game type, but it seems like there's only 2 maps, and neither are really that terribly exciting. I mean, they're not bad, just not way awesome or anything.

Yes, I am quite aware that you have to keep moving forward and that the goal is to exit as quickly as possible. I know how to play the raid, thanks. Since you need to be directly under the oracles with Found Verdict, that seems like a bit more running around than I'd care to do. It's not a direct path. To each his own though, one shotting with a fusion rifle works fine with me.

Wow dude. You realize your post was some passive aggressive nonsense about how I hadn't heard of one of the 9 VoG weapons. And you were responding to a PSA post I made just to help newer players. And now you're offended that I'm clarifying that advice, not just for you, but for anyone who might want to learn more about the encounter design.

You have more than enough time to run to each oracle spawn because they are on a timer independent from when the other ones are killed. So needing to be underneath them adds absolutely 0 delay to the portal run.

As I've said a million times before: use whatever you enjoy. Just have fun. The details I'm talking about are just for min/max obsessives like myself. If you think something is better I'd love to have a conversation about why you think it's better, but there's no reason to take anything personally.

E92 M3

I could play on Shores of Time and Firebase Delphi all day and not get bored lol.

Yeah, the more I do ROCs, the more I realize that they should never really take more than 10 or so minutes. You can skip so much in all of them. Even Valus Ta'aurc should only take about 10 minutes.

Yeah we did Valus in 8:26 yesterday and we were mostly just fucking around, not taking anything super seriously. BHam goes ham on that stupid tank, takes no time at all. Just like you said, everyone has to run straight through all the optional stuff.

It really is a lot of fun to try stuff like the Roc train, very different type of PvE experience. Plus I got an ugly ass green dlc ship yesterday that I love.

How many maps are there for Control? I like the game type, but it seems like there's only 2 maps, and neither are really that terribly exciting. .

kek

I played a few matches of Rumble a couple of days ago and literally said WTF when the maps loaded. I had never seen them before. I was under the impression the Crucible just rotated between 3-5 maps with varying times of day.

Wow dude. You realize your post was some passive aggressive nonsense about how I hadn't heard of one of the 9 VoG weapons. And you were responding to a PSA post I made just to help newer players. And now you're offended that I'm clarifying that advice, not just for you, but for anyone who might want to learn more about the encounter design.

You have more than enough time to run to each oracle spawn because they are on a timer independent from when the other ones are killed. So needing to be underneath them adds absolutely 0 delay to the portal run.

As I've said a million times before: use whatever you enjoy. Just have fun. The details I'm talking about are just for min/max obsessives like myself. If you think something is better I'd love to have a conversation about why you think it's better, but there's no reason to take anything personally.
You are definitely taking this the wrong way lol. My first post simply meant that I vastly prefer praetorian foil for this. FV works for you, and that's great. For me, a fusion rifle provides more versatility to the encounter, specifically when things go wrong. I often join friends to help out doing the raid, and there are inevitably players that don't do things very efficiently. If it takes too long to kill the minotaur in the one portal, for instance, getting to the oracles with a shotgun before they spawn becomes difficult.

The fusion rifle can be used for the rest of the fight, too. After a wipe, which is common with a pick-up team, I may not have ammo for G-horn and the ammo pack may be on cool-down. I can't really damage Atheon or the harpies with a shotgun without dying. So yes, with your regular raid group looking to do the encounter as fast and efficiently as possible, FV may be the way to go for you. I'm just saying that I don't care for it much. Again, to each his own.

noomi

Save dat checkpoint for 330!

Yup, will do man! Saving my 3rd alt for us to run after I'm back from work. Once we get to Crota I'll make sure to grab a CP on my 3rd alt. Going to need NF's as well so if you need them we can team up as well.

You need to wipe and respawn for the CP to actually save, right?

Top Bottom