• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

How many maps are there for Control? I like the game type, but it seems like there's only 2 maps, and neither are really that terribly exciting. I mean, they're not bad, just not way awesome or anything.
Five maps:

Firebase Delphi
Twilight Gap
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Blind Watch

It used to be seven, with First Light and Bastion. I wish every map was in the Control rotation. It's by far my favorite game mode and I'd prefer some more variety than just five maps.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eddit_voted_exotic_weapon_rankings_ownership/

Hi, /r/DestinyTheGame. A few days ago, you all voted on the effectiveness of Destiny's Exotic Weapons, and in doing so stated whether or not you owned them. 16292 Redditors and their friends responded, and I'm happy to present the results so you can share your opinions. The survey results follow - but I'm also listing the ownership percentages of each weapon, the logic behind that being that weapons with a higher ownership percentage probably have a higher probability of having been ranked correctly. Understand that this survey represents Redditors' preferences and play patterns, and is not necessarily representative of the whole playerbase - but it DOES give a pretty good idea of what the most active and engaged players think of the game.

Ownership Percentages of Exotic Weapons
1. Patience and Time - 80.02%

2. Bad Juju - 77.33%

3. Invective - 73.82%

4. Thorn - 72.20%

5. The Last Word - 71.27%

6. Truth - 71.24%

7. Ice Breaker - 71.18%

8. Plan C - 70.95%

9. SUROS Regime - 69.89%

10. Pocket Infinity - 64.07%

11. No Land Beyond - 63.08%

12. Super Good Advice - 62.82%

13. MIDA Multi-Tool - 60.58%

14. Gjallarhorn - 57.65%

15. Vex Mythoclast - 54.05%

16. Thunderlord - 42.67%

17. Universal Remote - 42.48%

18. Hard Light - 37.93%

19. Red Death - 34.43%

20. Hawkmoon - 29.84%

21. Monte Carlo - 22.42%

22. Dragon's Breath - 22.41%

23. The 4th Horseman - 11.88%

What follows is the community consensus for every weapon. Most tierings align with the most-selected tier for that weapon in the survey, but in some cases weapons were bumped up or down from their most-chosen tier based on a weighted ranking formula. This formula allowed for the weapons to be ordered within their tiers, so the higher the weapon in its tier, the stronger the preference for that weapon based on the data. The tiers were listed as follows in the original post:

S-Tier - These weapons are godly, and are incredibly adept at performing their job. Only rank a weapon S-Tier if you believe it fits into the category of "the best of the best."
A-Tier - These weapons are quite good. They perform their role well, and few would argue that they're overpowered - most would agree that they're pretty damn good.
B-Tier - These weapons aren't perfect, but in the right hands they can be decently good. Weapons classed in this tier may have a larger learning curve than other weapons, or they may have a strange niche in the overall game that has caused them to be less-frequently used than most. No one thinks they're the worst of the worst though.
C-Tier - These weapons kinda bombed. Using a C-Tier Exotic Weapon is almost like giving up your Exotic slot. Give this ranking to weapons you think aren't useful.

PvP Tier List
S-Tier

SUROS Regime

Gjallarhorn

Vex Mythoclast

Hawkmoon

Truth

A-Tier

The Last Word

Thorn

Plan C

Patience and Time

Thunderlord

Ice Breaker

Invective

Pocket Infinity

MIDA Multi-Tool

B-Tier

Red Death

Dragon's Breath

Monte Carlo

Hard Light

Universal Remote

The 4th Horseman

C-Tier

Bad Juju

Super Good Advice

No Land Beyond

PvE Tier List
S-Tier

Gjallarhorn

Ice Breaker

Vex Mythoclast

Hawkmoon

SUROS Regime

A-Tier

Patience and Time

Thunderlord

Truth

Thorn

MIDA Multi-Tool

Plan C

Bad Juju

Dragon's Breath

Red Death

B-Tier

Pocket Infinity

The Last Word

Monte Carlo

Hard Light

Super Good Advice

Invective

C-Tier

The 4th Horseman

Universal Remote

No Land Beyond

So that's what the /r/DestinyTheGame community thinks of the Exotic Weapons at this point in Destiny's existence. Do you think these rankings are accurate? Leave your thoughts in the comments, and as always - make sure to say your prayers to RNGesus every night to increase your chances of getting a GjallarSUROSIceVexMoon.

Rubenov

Five maps:

Firebase Delphi
Twilight Gap
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Blind Watch

It used to be seven, with First Light and Bastion. I wish every map was in the Control rotation. It's by far my favorite game mode and I'd prefer some more variety than just five maps.

There's also Exodus Blue; probably my favorite.

RDreamer

Five maps:

Firebase Delphi
Twilight Gap
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Blind Watch

Does it change by week or by day or something, or do I just have bad luck? I've only seen two maps so far.

E92 M3

I'm not too worried about getting the helmet - it'll come sooner or later with all of the raiding that will happen. Hard mode will even double those chances. Trust me, guys we will be drowning in helmets.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Although I'm 32, I too want the helmet to equip Ruin Wings once again.

Sigh, every titan's dream. I love the Ruin Wings so much that I go around as a 31 instead, just so I can have them equipped.

Vex is not GodTier. Both of Mine stay in the Vault. If it didn't run out of ammo so fast and had a slower rate of Fire it might be S-Tier.

Yeah, that's why I'm always a bit surprised to see it so coveted by people. It's good but no one really uses it because it's not THAT good.

There's also Exodus Blue; probably my favorite.

it's grown on me for control. i'd rather play it than twilight gap.

Hawkmoon > Thorn; confirmed.

Also, surprised to see The Last Word as "A" instead of "S". In good hands there's probably no equal. I'm not too good with it though.

ya Gjallarhorn in S tier for PvP over TLW is questionable.

at least it's good that not many people are aware of how good TLW is.

Bungie has a dreadful history of killing maps and map variety. It kills me that they removed First Light and Bastion from Control.
Those two maps were always bemoaned by me when they appeared. They are just too large for Control, imo. Though, to be fair, First Light is the better map of the two.

forrest

formerly nacire
Would any of you PS4 Gaf folks be willing to help a fellow guardian out for about ten mins or so? I just need you in party chat, then we will head to Mars and take a few screens from the same spots and afterwards I would like to compare the shots. You could either message them to me or post them here on Gaf. Whatever is easiest.

Rubenov

Vex is not GodTier. Both of Mine stay in the Vault. If it didn't run out of ammo so fast and had a slower rate of Fire it might be S-Tier.

I thought so too, but last week I gave it another spin (first since the buff) and I agree with the God Tier status (talking PvP). Just have to focus on close-to-mid range.

Use it in Firebase Delphi and become insta-hated by the other team. I got a hate message in Italian (I think it was Italian) after using it in a match the other day.

E92 M3

Sigh, every titan's dream. I love the Ruin Wings so much that I go around as a 31 instead, just so I can have them equipped.

Yeah, that's why I'm always a bit surprised to see it so coveted by people. It's good but no one really uses it because it's not THAT good.

I use it all the time and never have any ammo problem at all. It's a very versatile weapon.

Bogeypop

I looked at my Bungie profile and realized we did 23 straight Roc strikes yesterday. Not bad. Must have averaged easily <10 min/strike even with the long ass load times between.

It's time! It's tiiiiiime! Are you ready to Roc (Strike)!? And anyone else for that matter?

it's grown on me for control. i'd rather play it than twilight gap.

ya Gjallarhorn in S tier for PvP over TLW is questionable.

at least it's good that not many people are aware of how good TLW is.

This has always intrigued me, but did you name your PSN after that map? Or was it before?

E92 M3

But is it more useful than having an exotic in your secondary/heavy slot?

Yeah, on my main I'm very happy with the Vex, Black Hammer, Hunger of Crota. Suits me very well. Weapons are interchangeable, but overall I am content. Don't even take the Gjallarhorn from my alt lol.

LiK

Five maps:

Firebase Delphi
Twilight Gap
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Blind Watch

So what happened to Bastion and First Light? I actually sorta miss FL. They in other modes?

Carn82

Five maps:

Firebase Delphi
Twilight Gap
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Blind Watch

Yeah, but man, I really hated First Light and Bastion :eek:

To be honest, I havent played the TDB maps yet, since I only play control :v

noomi

We're back!

Damnit, don't scare me like that GAF! WTF am I supposed to do at work all day without this thread?

14 more hours until reset, can't wait!

As long as you're in its sweet spot (middish range), it is fantastic. I rarely use it in PVE nowadays, though. Even with solar burn, poor thing is so quick to hit empty for me.

This was a big issue I had with the Vex Mythoclast. However, the Crota's End chest I received gives additional ammo to fusion rifles. It gives me about 70 more rounds. I rarely run out of ammo now, but if I do a white ammo drop is normally right around the corner.

The Vex is my go-to gun these days, unless I really need to use Gjallahorn. Then I swap out to a scout rifle I got from a Vanguard package called "The Calling." Its the highest AP scout rifle I have and I do use it over my Vision of Confluence (maybe not so smart?).
Damnit, don't scare me like that GAF! WTF am I supposed to do at work all day without this thread?
I always have work to do, but I'll be damned if I don't sneak in GAF posts.

Deku Tree

i2mMdRrWQR1aF.gif

What happened to that? I want it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Man it's difficult adjusting to Hunger of Croats tracking after using Truth. It's so weak.

noomi

Looks like they updated the destiny app on itunes.... in case anyone cares... bug fixes & dat stability.

Carn82

For all intents, it is. It just carries a fusion rifle property. I mean, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it must be a Vex Mythoclast, right?

Heh. Up next: A heavy primary. Actually a little rocket launcher. Which looks like a handcannon.

Top Bottom