• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Atkison04

Ready for this raid reset. After having off for the last 2 weeks, it was nice actually being able to raid early in the morning the past two Tuesdays. I only got shards/energy on crota across all 3 alts though. Crossing my fingers for helmets (need all 3) and the black hammer. All of my alts are 1 gear drop away from being able to reach 32 :/

I touched pvp for the first time last night, and boy was it rough. It seemed like I had no chance straight up in some battles, but it's hard to discern what is a result of gear or not (I know nothing about recognizing exotics or legendaries). As for my own characters, I was playing with halfwayish unlocked subclasses and blue guns/armor.

I'm usually decent at online shooters, but I could barely break even. I know I need to get better and all that, but will there be a noticeable difference as I get better gear, or am I just so late to the party that I can expect to get stomped as I get used to the pvp regardless?

That makes me upset that FL and Bastion aren't in Control. FL was annoying at first just because it was Alpha/Beta and then seemed to come up so much then I grew to love it. I actually don't mind Bastion because point B is a lot of fun and I enjoy sniping

GhaleonEB

Bad Juju really is a great PvE weapon, especially for packs of enemies. Watching my daughter mow down a herd of Thrall while never lifting her finger off the trigger was eye opening.

It's time! It's tiiiiiime! Are you ready to Roc (Strike)!? And anyone else for that matter?

Yo, sorry I missed you earlier. I have a bad habit of just leaving Destiny turned on sometimes while I'm doing something else, in case I ever don't respond to a message or invite.

Edit: Also, I'm definitely down to roc it up sometime later.

Jinjo

Finished my first 10+ hour game since the release of Destiny today, it was Dragon Age.

You have no hold over me anymore RNGods!

I'll be back tomorrow :(

Those two maps were always bemoaned by me when they appeared. They are just too large for Control, imo. Though, to be fair, First Light is the better map of the two.

First Light was a blast in Control, yet it was removed because it was "too large." We've seen these odd playlist decisions since Halo 2, except in Halo 2 you could play whatever you wanted in custom games.

Bungie gonna Bungie.

Fires like one lol.
Vex Mythoclast fires like a scout rifle :)

Bad Juju really is a great PvE weapon, especially for packs of enemies. Watching my daughter mow down a herd of Thrall while never lifting her finger off the trigger was eye opening.

Sweet, just got it last night. Now I have to find time to level it up with all the others

Carn82

I touched pvp for the first time last night, and boy was it rough. It seemed like I had no chance straight up in some battles, but it's hard to discern what is a result of gear or not (I know nothing about recognizing exotics or legendaries). As for my own characters, I was playing with halfwayish unlocked subclasses and blue guns/armor.

I'm usually decent at online shooters, but I could barely break even. I know I need to get better and all that, but will there be a noticeable difference as I get better gear, or am I just so late to the party that I can expect to get stomped as I get used to the pvp regardless?

Crucible is normalised, so base defense and base weapon attack don't carry over (so your level 1 autorifle does the same amount of base attack damage as a maxed exotic autorifle). Other stats and perks do carry over and can make a big difference. But getting to know the maps, the flow of directions etc is the biggest investment. If you know your way around you can play with a Level 5 char and a Level 1 gun and do good.

E92 M3

It's the reason I decided to do the bounty for the updated version, even though I have the old one sitting in my vault.

do you guys think their will be a patch tomorrow.

Maybe a hotfix, but nothing Traveler-shattering. Would be happy to be wrong.

It fires like a scout rifle :)

What do you mean lol?

GhaleonEB

Sweet, just got it last night. Now I have to find time to level it up with all the others

The first time I used it, I felt the clip was too shallow. Then came the instant refill on enemy kill perk. 0_o

Add in the increased stability option and it's basically a bottomless clip, mid range burst fire auto rifle.

so how can I play with some of you guys, because I literally have nobody to play with and I feel like playing with people for crucible / world would be exponentially better :3

ps4 - user: pinksocking

The first time I used it, I felt the clip was too shallow. Then came the instant refill on enemy kill perk. 0_o

Add in the increased stability option and it's basically a bottomless clip, mid range burst fire auto rifle.

Plus Super bar filler. Should be awesome with my gunslinger and Symbiote for 4 GG shots.

for all intents and purposes, the vex mythoclast - despite being a fusion rifle equipped in the primary slot - is an autorifle because it's used exactly like one. you absolutely can fire it semi-auto, but you'll unnecessarily lose DPS in the process. the description for the perk makes no sense.

interestingly enough, armor that provides you with additional fusion rifle ammo doubles its reserve ammo, so look out for those if you like the mythoclast.

Bogeypop

Yo, sorry I missed you earlier. I have a bad habit of just leaving Destiny turned on sometimes while I'm doing something else, in case I ever don't respond to a message or invite.

Edit: Also, I'm definitely down to roc it up sometime later.

That time is NOW!
Hopefully
Or if anyone else is up for some Roc Strikes. Though all this talk of people wanting to do their Weeklies reminds me I haven't done mine and the deadline is fast approaching...

gx44zi1.jpg

Trying to remember what I was going to post when this was down... cannot compute.

My 1st day back to work is so boring, literally 0 tasks to do. If only my work's network would let me connect my Vita to it and my home network was good enough to remote play.

I love running Warlock with Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind especially on Hive levels, so much fun.

hydruxo

Vex is great in PVP if you're using it at close range and not spamming bullets. PVE is where the limited ammo comes into play though, for sure.

Manp

wow, so 24 hours later my alt sits at 29 (from 12) with a clear path to 31.

i feel like i'm ready to do hard VoG. Fatebringerrrr! :(

for all intents and purposes, the vex mythoclast - despite being a fusion rifle equipped in the primary slot - is an autorifle because it's used exactly like one. you absolutely can fire it semi-auto, but you'll unnecessarily lose DPS in the process. the description for the perk makes no sense.

It really is. An absolute beast in PvP, especially at close to medium range. Anything further than medium range and it's wildly inconsistent.

So rowsing through my inventory, I saw that I have 18 Strange Coins. That's more than enough to buy Ice Breaker from Xur. Should I go for that or something else/better? What is the best way to spend those coins?

(at least) 1 spot open for Crucible after the next match, in 10-15 min

That time is NOW!
Hopefully
Or if anyone else is up for some Roc Strikes. Though all this talk of people wanting to do their Weeklies reminds me I haven't done mine and the deadline is fast approaching...

We're doing Crucible now but I know you're not a PvP fan...

E92 M3

So rowsing through my inventory, I saw that I have 18 Strange Coins. That's more than enough to buy Ice Breaker from Xur. Should I go for that or something else/better? What is the best way to spend those coins?

A post from the past lol.

sonic-cd-hd-screenshot.jpg

retiring from crucible for the immediate future. playing like shit recently and i'd rather not start the new year raging.

in the mean time, i will pick up some of my long lost hobbies.

Feorax

Well you have to wait for Xur to actually sell it first, so good luck with that (it's been a while...).

You're probably in luck though, the OG version dropped from VoG for me this week, so stands to reason it gets sold soon.

Top Bottom