• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

noomi

So rowsing through my inventory, I saw that I have 18 Strange Coins. That's more than enough to buy Ice Breaker from Xur. Should I go for that or something else/better? What is the best way to spend those coins?

If Xur is selling an Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn, buy it!

If not, get yourself something useful.... Either way it's always good to have a stash of coins saved each week just in case Xur has the one item you need.

I'm sitting on 160 coins now, Xur never has anything I really want :/

phen0m24

So rowsing through my inventory, I saw that I have 18 Strange Coins. That's more than enough to buy Ice Breaker from Xur. Should I go for that or something else/better? What is the best way to spend those coins?

Don't remind me. WHY didn't I grind for another coin that night....

nancykerrigan.gif

Hey, Gaf is back! that was a long lonesome couple of hours. I began to ponder what I was going to do with my life. then it was back up!

No life changing moments for me, no thank you

Sullichin

If he's selling Ice Breaker, buy it. It's one of the most useful weapons in the game. But he only sells one random exotic weapon a week. He only sold Ice Breaker once so far.

True that. Is there a better weapon that Xur might sell at some point that would be better?

Gjallarhorn (rocket launcher)
The Last Word (exotic handcannon) - this one is great for Crucible
SUROS Regime if you like Auto Rifles

These aren't "better" than Ice Breaker (except GH which is the strongest weapon in the game) but are among the commonly-sought after Xur items.

stb

I still need to do HM VoG before the reset. Any vets running this tonight (7:30 Eastern/6:30 Central)? I'd prefer a workmanlike pace; just want to get it done.

I've also never done the CE raid beyond the first chest. Any groups mind if 31 Titan new to that raid joins them for the whole thing or maybe just a Crota kill? Have IB and GH, so I can contribute DPS.

PSN berried_treasure

If he's selling Ice Breaker, buy it. It's one of the most useful weapons in the game. But he only sells one random exotic weapon a week. He only sold Ice Breaker once so far.

its not random, deej confirmed. I hope the christmas package bungie was talking about ends up being a xur sold ghorn.

dont want it for free, I'll gladly pay for it.

LordofPwn

retiring from crucible for the immediate future. playing like shit recently and i'd rather not start the new year raging.

in the mean time, i will pick up some of my long lost hobbies.

You have to go out on top, not spiraling downward! I had some real shit matches last night, but i also had a full team of randoms beat out a full fireteam of 6 on firebase 20k-5k. we even got lockout... And i also had a no scope headshot with PR on a deadly close blade dancer.

Bad Juju really is a great PvE weapon, especially for packs of enemies. Watching my daughter mow down a herd of Thrall while never lifting her finger off the trigger was eye opening.
I designated a Bad Juju to my Warlock to control mobs and load up the Super meter. That auto-reload feature after kills is great.

As for my Titan, he holds a MonteCarlo. For obvious melee fun reason.

funkypie

Banned
can someone explain to my why ADS effects player counts and server calculations, what has that got to do with games that use it. I ask because I hear this is why destiny has limited player count etc.

If you hold the trigger it fires in auto lol.

It has the same clip - maybe 1 or 2 bullets less - than my old Shadow Price. Definitely fires like an AR.

Its precision, rate of fire and damage per shot seem more in line with a scout rifle.

Realistically it's a weapon class of it's own...called a fusion rifle, lives in the primary slot, and functions between AR and SR.

It's like us both seeing a cat, but you're calling it a dog and I am calling it a raccoon.

If Xur is selling an Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn, buy it!

If not, get yourself something useful.... Either way it's always good to have a stash of coins saved each week just in case Xur has the one item you need.

I'm sitting on 160 coins now, Xur never has anything I really want :/

Gjallarhorn (rocket launcher)
The Last Word (exotic handcannon) - this one is great for Crucible
SUROS Regime if you like Auto Rifles

These aren't "better" than Ice Breaker (except GH which is the strongest weapon in the game) but are among the commonly-sought after Xur items.

Ice Breaker it is then. Thanks you guys! Can't wait for Friday now just to be disappointed.

its not random, deej confirmed. I hope the christmas package bungie was talking about ends up being a xur sold ghorn.

Makes sense that they've had the Dark Below exotics for sale recently. I wouldn't expect to see the 4th Horsemen this week though, as it's PS-exclusive.

I am hoping the holiday package is an exotic weapon engram.

Sullichin

Well at least random in the sense that the player can't buy whatever weapon they want. Xur's inventory being hand picked makes sense and is also horrible. Voidfang/Sunbreakers. No Praxic Fire or Skull, and sells Praxic upgrade before selling it. Two Plan Cs in a row. Dragon's Breath instead of GH, while selling GH upgrade before selling it again. Then this week where you can't even buy anything from him unless you have the DLC. It's my own fault I get hyped for Xur every week. I should know better but I want Gjallarhorn so bad.

hydruxo

I can't decide whether to invest the materials to level up my Heart of Praxic Fire, or Starfire Protocol.

Help me choose GAF.

Praxic Fire is hands down a more useful exotic than Starfire.

Praxic straight up improves radiance significantly by giving you more grenades/scorch, while all Starfire does is give you Gift of the Sun for free and let you pick either Touch of Flame or Angel of Light instead. Starfire doesn't stack with Gift of the Sun either so you can't have 3 grenades. Not to mention you're limited to fusion grenades and not solar/firebolt.

Deku Tree

That video was later deleted from Bungie's servers and Deej denies ever confirming that.... but I heard him say it too.

FYI - it is permanent navy blue...if that matters to you. I am glad at least Vestments changes color with shaders.

Praxic is same way. Only the belt changes with shaders.

I'm fine with the permanent colors, I'm just wondering which Exotic is more worth my time right now, though I'm leaning towards Starfire, as I usually save my Radiance for resurrecting.

Sullichin

I can't decide whether to invest the materials to level up my Heart of Praxic Fire, or Starfire Protocol.

Help me choose GAF.

Starfire looks a little cooler but I feel like HOTP is just a better version of it. I would much rather have the discipline bonus and faster Radiance cooldown than a second fusion grenade. You can have two fusion grenades without the armor anyway. Adding DoT to fusion grenades is a small perk in PVE but in PVP they one hit kill anyway. I use SP because I don't have HOPF and for the heavy ammo perk.

timnich

I understand your situation, but why go through all of that song and dance when you could have just went to orbit and gone back in?
I did eventually go to orbit but the guy continued to message me. I should have just blocked him but I wanted to understand why he went to such lengths to creep me out and piss me off.

Dave_6

I still need to do HM VoG before the reset. Any vets running this tonight (7:30 Eastern/6:30 Central)? I'd prefer a workmanlike pace; just want to get it done.

I've also never done the CE raid beyond the first chest. Any groups mind if 31 Titan new to that raid joins them for the whole thing or maybe just a Crota kill? Have IB and GH, so I can contribute DPS.

PSN berried_treasure

I don't get off work until 6 but I should be home a few mins before 6:30. I haven't ran it this week with either of my characters.

I got my Titan up to 26 last night so I need to take it through it's first normal VoG very soon.

Well at least random in the sense that the player can't buy whatever weapon they want. Xur's inventory being hand picked makes sense and is also horrible. Voidfang/Sunbreakers. No Praxic Fire or Skull, and sells Praxic upgrade before selling it. Two Plan Cs in a row. Dragon's Breath instead of GH, while selling GH upgrade before selling it again. Then this week where you can't even buy anything from him unless you have the DLC. It's my own fault I get hyped for Xur every week. I should know better but I want Gjallarhorn so bad.
yeah, deep down we know they're never putting up the G'horn again but still every Friday we're like...

50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-2Aw3.jpeg

noomi

Wouldn't it be nice if the holiday gift was a free exotic of our choice.... anything we wanted?!?

A man can dream....

forrest

formerly nacire
If any of the PS4 Gaf folks would be so kind as to lend a fellow Guardian about ten minutes or so I need some help. I just need someone to hop in party chat with me, group up, head to Mars and take screens at the same spots as each other. Afterwards, I just want to compare screens. You could message them to me or post them here if it's easier.

I'm just trying to rule out once and for all if my PS4 is having issues, or if my game looks just like everyone else's. Thanks in advance!

Psn Forrest_Crump

Namikaze1

retiring from crucible for the immediate future. playing like shit recently and i'd rather not start the new year raging.

in the mean time, i will pick up some of my long lost hobbies.
Noooo
Why you hanging up your baby blue sniper?

Now I'm gonna send you messages to get back into Crucible!

Deku Tree

Basic rule of thumb with Xur. If you want something, prepare for disappointment for a long, long time.

My basic rule of thumb is to buy every weapon that Xur will ever sell if I don't already have it because he may not sell it again for a long time. But I only started playing this game seriously a while after Xur had sold GHorn so I missed it.

Only missing three now. Too bad they are all some of the best...

Feorax

I'm really hoping for Sepkis Prime tomorrow. One of the few that's piss-easy to do solo so I don't need to waste too much time on it.

Sullichin

I should have the CE raid emblem for beating it right? I think I never got it because my emblem slots are full. I should be able to get it from the Special orders lady though. Cmon Tess

spyder_ur

If any of the PS4 Gaf folks would be so kind as to lend a fellow Guardian about ten minutes or so I need some help. I just need someone to hop in party chat with me, group up, head to Mars and take screens at the same spots as each other. Afterwards, I just want to compare screens. You could message them to me or post them here if it's easier.

I'm just trying to rule out once and for all if my PS4 is having issues, or if my game looks just like everyone else's. Thanks in advance!

Psn Forrest_Crump

I can help you later tonight, but can't really commit to a time frame. What makes you think something is up?

Deku Tree

I should have the CE raid emblem for beating it right? I think I never got it because my emblem slots are full. I should be able to get it from the Special orders lady though. Cmon Tess

Yeah that's a bug I heard. If your slot was full you miss it and you never get it later..

My basic rule of thumb is to buy every weapon that Xur will ever sell if I don't already have it because he may not sell it again for a long time. But I only started playing this game seriously a while after Xur had sold GHorn so I missed it.

Only missing three now. Too bad they are all some of the best...

That's a great rule if you have the income for it. Some of us have to be more selective.

forrest

formerly nacire
I can help you later tonight, but can't really commit to a time frame. What makes you think something is up?

Just having odd shadow / ambient occlusion effects in game. Bungie Help reported it for me and I've posted about it here, but my PS4 is approaching its return window and I want to rule it out once and for all.

Top Bottom